Welcome Guest!
 ABDX
MW DX from Homer, Alaska  supe-@aol.com
 Jul 11, 2012 14:32 PDT

On vacation in an RV with the most aggravating in-dash "entertainment
center" on Earth. I wouldn't know where to begin in telling how it's
tried to thwart me... succeeding for the most part. Sensitivity is not
good and it displays all MW frequencies 10 kilohertz too low.

Sunset is 11:30, sunrise is 4:40. It never truly gets dark, but last
night at midnight and 12:30 Alaska Time, I managed to get IDs on KFBK,
Sacramento (showing up on 1520)... just about 2000 miles away.
Considering everything, I was thrilled. I'd last heard it a couple of
years ago at Yellowstone National Park on a much more sensitive car
radio than my present DX companion.

I'm pretty sure I had KEX, too, but missed the ID in a fade. Pretty
sure I could hear KIRO, as well.