Welcome Guest!
 ACEStalk
gaps in your resume?  Mary Haley
 Jan 31, 2004 21:34 PST

From a hiring perspective, are gaps between editing jobs a bad sign, or
would you overlook them for a qualified applicant?

I ask primarily because I would like to join the PeaceCorps or the JET
program, which would leave a 2-year gap from editing.

Also, I am not very happy at my current paper and am considering taking
another job until I leave for one of these programs. However, I have
only been here for a year.

I don't want to mess up my chances at future editing jobs, but I'm not
happy where I am.

Any advice for a young copy editor would be greatly appreciated.