Welcome Guest!
 ACEStalk
And some suggestions  vtuss
 Apr 25, 2004 15:53 PDT

After laying out a few concerns, it's only right to add some
suggestions:

1) Online resources: Any thought of tying the online resources to ACES
membership? Maybe a premium level of online resources. The first one
that would come to mind would be the electronic version of the AP
stylebook. I'd even pay more for that. Or dictionaries such as the
Webster's New World or even the Oxford English Dictionary? I know my
book club has/had OED access as a perk of membership.

2) Discounts: Knowing that AP probably gets a good deal of its stylebook
sales from ACES members, it might be reluctant to allow for access to
the electronic stylebook. OK, how about a 20 percent discount for ACES
members? Or anything else, like Poynter or SND books. (Maybe that's
already in place and I just don't know). Or Poynter or API courses, if
our paper won't pay to send us there. Or discounts tied to something
that's not exactly work but still up the copy editor alley, like
discounts for Apple, Starbucks, The Onion or Pica Poles R Us?