Welcome Guest!
 ACEStalk
Thanks, J-Mac  Jake in KC
 May 11, 2005 16:35 PDT

How sad to read that John McIntyre is stepping down as president. I've
known him less than a year, but he has already helped shape my
management style by reinforcing that an empowered, enthusiastic copy
editor is a better copy editor.

Anyone who saw him cutting a rug at the Saturday night social in
Hollywood knows how much fun copy editors can have in the company of
colleagues. As he told Dave Bennett and me around 1 a.m. at the hotel
bar, "This conference is my favorite thing that I get to do in my job,
and if it lasted one more day, it would kill me."

And as I think most of us would agree, that would be a pretty good way
to go.

I'd be interested in hearing J-Mac anecdotes from those of you who go
further back. (And, thinking of Craig Lancaster's $125 winning bid, I
can only imagine what that bow tie could fetch on eBay!)

Thanks again for everything, John.

Jake

Scott "Jake" Jacobson
Newsroom Copy Chief