Welcome Guest!
 AV Media Matters
New HD/DVD Media Technology  Jimwh-@aol.com
 Dec 08, 2004 22:51 PST

Jim Lindner posted the URLs of two great articles about the new HD-DVD vs
Blu-ray battle. Looks like VHS vs Betamax again:
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=709
http://slate.msn.com/id/2110495/

We haven't really settled on DVD-Rs and now there is a dispute about the
next
consumer format!

I am hearing about problems with interchangability of recordable DVDs.
DVD-R
has problems but DVD+R is even worse. I have never heard of interchange
problems with DVDs recorded on Pioneer machines. For media, I suggest
Maxell,
Mitsui or Fuji.

I would like to hear any opposing views.

Jim Wheeler