Welcome Guest!
 BBKN
Bring Back Kirk--UPDATE--4/9/03  Marc
 Apr 09, 2003 13:47 PDT
Great news this week. Thanks to the many letters written to TV Guide a
few weeks back, in THIS WEEK'S issue, TV Guide acknowledged our
campaign. Here are the details:

From TV GUIDE--
==============
In the March 1 issue, we suggested five ways to energize UPN's
Enterprise (Wednesdays, 8pm ET), the less-than-stellar Star Trek series
in its second season. Scores of readers and hundreds of visitors to TV
GUIDE ONLINE responded with ideas of their own. Here are 10
representative snippets, ranging from the passionate to the puckish:

5. Star Trek has lost its fans because those in charge alienated the
fan base in 1994 when they killed Captain Kirk. [The franchise] needs
an event. Bring back Kirk! It's Star Trek--death isn't permanent.
Kirk brings in the audience, and the new direction keeps that audience.
I say, "Make it so."

===============

While this is a top ten list, nothing in that article says that it's a
ranking of the order of preference. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if
we were number 1, given the number of people responding to the call we
made a few months back. There is no doubt Rick Berman will read this
article. The message is getting out there, but we have to keep going.
Everyone who wrote should be proud of this accomplishment, but there's
far more to be done.

With Rick Berman admitting they are talking about Kirk, that's a very
good sign. It's more than what we had.

So let's see if we can build on it. Don't forget to go to Trektoday,
and ask Mike Sussman to bring back Kirk.

Here is the link:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/080403_02.shtml

And if you can, please let us know you did it at
Offic-@bringbackkirk.com.