Welcome Guest!
 BBKN
Bring Back Kirk Newsletter--4/21/06  Marc
 Apr 21, 2006 06:38 PDT

Well, this newsletter has some good news, and some bad news, concerning
Star Trek XI. According to www.trekweb.com, and Daily Variety, the next
Star Trek feature, scheduled for 2008, will feature Kirk and Spock. The
bad news is that it will younger versions of the characters, set in the
academy days.

It sounds similar to the idea Harve Bennett came up with in the early
1990s. The information basically states first that JJ Abrams, creator
of Lost, is going to produce and direct the project.

Abrams is currently doing Mission Impossible 3. He has done some very
good work, with the aforementioned Lost, and Alias. But he is also
responsible for an abandoned Superman script that from what I had read,
did not capture the spirit of that character.

While I would consider it exciting that Paramount finally realizes that
Kirk and Spock are the keys to keeping the franchise going, we need to
get the message across that Captain Kirk's death in Generations really
crimps the franchise.

Perhaps Mr. Abrams can be convinced to revisit Generations in his film,
even if we get a cameo by Mr. Shatner that implies that Kirk did indeed
return after Generations.

If Kirk is indeed the future of the franchise, then Paramount should
hopefully realize that the character's meaningless death in Generations
should be fixed. Give the character a future.

As always, messages can be sent to Offic-@bringbackkirk.com.