Welcome Guest!
 BBKN
Bring Back Kirk Newsletter 8/29/06  Marc
 Aug 29, 2006 04:36 PDT

You guys might want to check out the following story:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2006/08/29/Paramount-Seeks-Shatner-and-Nimoy-for.shtml

Trekweb reports an article in the Ottawa Sun where Leonard Nimoy said
that he has had discussions with Paramount about he and Mr. Shatner
reprising their roles in Star Trek XI.

While it's fairly clear that Paramount will be recasting the parts, the
idea of Mr. Shatner and Mr. Nimoy reprising their roles in a flashback
form certainly would be welcome by our campaign. The key though is the
story.

We hope that Paramount uses the opportunity not just to cast them, but
to do some sort of parallel story that results in the return of Kirk,
post-Generations. What we hadn't counted on before was the idea of
Leonard Nimoy being a part of it.

These are two legendary actors who have perfected legendary roles, and
if they are truly serious about recasting, the idea of having the older
Kirk and Spock in a parallel storyline would certainly go a long way
toward fan acceptance.

Parallel stories have precedence in Star Trek. I point to books like
Captain's Peril by William Shatner and Federation, by Judith and Gar
Reeves Stevens, as guides. In Captain's Peril, Kirk and Picard were
having an adventure in the 24th century, while Kirk was also recalling a
story of his early days on the Enterprise. In Federation, we were
treated to two simultaneous stories on Kirk's Enterprise, and Picard's.

In movie form, one of the greatest movies of all time, Godfather Part
II, used the parallel story technique with a fairly long flashback of
the early days of Don Corleone, as played by Robert DeNiro.

Could Star Trek XI be the movie that finally brings back Kirk? Let's
hope so.

I suggest talking it up.

The original article can be found here:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Showbiz/Television/2006/08/29/1783291-sun.html

As always, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to write us
at Offic-@bringbackkirk.com