Welcome Guest!
 BBKN
BRING BACK KIRK NEWS--3/24/03  Marc
 Mar 24, 2003 04:37 PST
First of all, this past weekend was William Shatner's birthday, and on
behalf of the campaign, I would like to wish him many more.

I would also like to say that I hope this upcoming year will be the year
Mr. Shatner has his wish to return as Kirk granted.

And on that note, people should know that Rick Berman, the man who runs
Star Trek and can bring Kirk back, made an encouraging comment this
weekend in an interview, coincidentally coming out on Mr. Shatner's
birthday.

When discussing Enterprise, season 3, Berman had this to say:
"We've discussed everything from a young Sarek to Q to Kirk [William
Shatner]. . . All sorts of ideas are in discussion now."

The full story can be found here:

http://www.startrekuk.com/news/news.asp?A_ID=167

The point is that now more than ever, Kirk's return is possible. Mr.
Shatner still wants back in the franchise. The fans still want him
back. The only thing preventing it is Paramount and Rick Berman.
Finally, Mr. Berman is showing an open mind on this subject, but it's up
to us, the fans, to keep up the pressure. He may not acknowledge the
campaign openly, but he knows about us. We need to keep up the
pressure. Enterprise needs ratings. Rick Berman needs to know that
Kirk's return will make the fans happy, and that in turn will bring in
the ratings.

So keep up the good work and write another letter, praising his comments
about Kirk on Enterprise in Season 3, to:

Mr. Rick Berman
c/o Paramount Pictures
5555 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Remember, each letter you actually mail is considered 1000 people. You
are writing for the 999 that are too lazy to write.

This can be done, but it's still not planned. Talk it up. If you go to
a convention, contact us, and you can help by passing out flyers.
Bottom line is, maybe we're getting to a point where there is a light at
the end of the tunnel. I hope so.

As usual, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact us
at Offic-@bringbackkirk.com.