Welcome Guest!
 Doughboy
RE: blueberry cake  roziyah yunus
 Mar 15, 2007 03:00 PST

hai..this is recipe that you want...

Blueberry Cake Recipe
Filed under Bakery, Dessert
We made this lovely gāteau a few days ago with some fresh blueberries
now in season. Although the cake was delicious, I'm beginning to think
that fresh blueberries are best eaten fresh. If we can't tell the
difference after cooking between fresh or frozen blueberries, we may as
well use frozen for baked goods. Trader Joe's sells good quality frozen
blueberries, and for less than what you will pay for fresh, even in
season.

1 cup plus 1 teaspoon of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained (may substitute frozen
blueberries, or substitute some of the blueberries for raspberries)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Confectioner's sugar
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan and dust
with flour. Or use a 9-inch round cake pan that has been greased and
dusted with flour and lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
2 In a small bowl combine 1 cup of flour with the baking powder and salt
and set aside.
3 Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and
fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well
blended. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and gradually add the
flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
4 In a medium bowl, combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of
flour and the lemon juice. Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
5 Bake for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the
center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in
the pan for 10 minutes. If using a springform pan, slide a thin knife
around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan before you
release and remove the springform. If using a cake pan, slide a thin
knife around the edges of the cake and invert it onto a cake rack.
Transfer the cake to a platter, berry side up. Dust the cake with
confectioner's sugar before serving.