Welcome Guest!
 COLAGE NetNews
COLAGE Net News * May 10th, 2006  meredith fenton
 May 10, 2006 13:11 PDT

COLAGE Net News
May 6th, 2006
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
===========================

In this issue of COLAGE Net News:

COLAGE Updates & Announcements:
1. COLAGE Has a New Office!
2. Participate in the COLAGE Support Our Community Campaign
3. Paul Cameron Action Alert

COLAGE Events:

4. COLAGE Ann Arbor Activity Series
5. COLAGE Tampa Bay Event
6. Save the Date! Los Angeles Premiere of In My Shoes
7. Register Today! Family Week in Saugatuck, MI
8. Register Today! Act OUT: the National LGBT Family Conference

Actions, Opportunities and News
9. Support for COLAGE Chapter Coordinator, Deanna Makinen
10. Queerspawn Documentary in Texas
11. PFLAG Action Alert for the FMA
12. Anti-gay adoption laws linked with lower chances of adoption for
foster youth
13. Job opportunities at Family Pride

============================
COLAGE Updates & Announcements:
============================

1. COLAGE has a new Office!

Please update your records as COLAGE is moving on to a bigger and better
office space!
The new COLAGE National Headquarters is at:

COLAGE
1550 Bryant Street, Suite 830
San Francisco, CA 94103

Our email, phone and website addresses remain the same.

*****************

2. Support Our Community! Become a campaigner, Strengthen COLAGE's
Numbers

This Sunday, COLAGE will launch the 2nd Annual Support Our Community
Campaign. A dozen people have already stepped up to lead the way as
campaigners for this important fund drive, but we will need at least 40
volunteers if we are to meet our goal of raising $10,000 to support
COLAGE. Last year the first Support Our Community Campaign celebrated
COLAGE's 15th anniversary. This year, our theme is "Strength in
Numbers." The campaign will run from Mothers' Day to Fathers' Day (May
14th - June 18th, 2006).

Why is the theme Strength in Numbers?

There are between 8 and 14 million youth and adults with one or more
lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender parents in the United States.
We live in every state and more than 95% of U.S. counties.

Yet, 39 states deny us any legal relationship to our parents. 5 states
prohibit our parents from adopting us. Only a small handful of states
protect us from harassment and discrimination in schools.

To combat these and many other injustices we and our families face,
COLAGE needs your help! In order to change the face of family and
family values, we need to Strengthen OUR Numbers.

We would like to invite you to become a campaigner for the 2nd Annual
Support Our Community Campaign. In order to reach our goal of raising
$10,000 to support COLAGE's work, we need 40 campaigners to raise $250
each. Will you be one of the forty leaders who helps us reach our goal?

There are lots of ways you can reach your $250 goal! And of course, if
you want to set your goal higher, please do! Some of you may know two
people who can each give $125. But if not, maybe you know 16 people who
can give $15.

This year, COLAGE will once again have the ability to help you campaign
online. You can easily personalize a website, write a note about why
you support COLAGE (or how COLAGE has supported you) and plug in the
email addresses of everyone you want to ask. Click send and you're well
on the way to meeting your goal!

If you don't want to campaign online, no worries! COLAGE can send you
information and materials to help you campaign with a letter or over the
phone.

Interested in becoming a campaigner? Send an email to jca-@colage.org
and include your:

Name(s):
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Preferred Email:
Preferred Phone:

As soon as we hear from you, we'll send a package to help you get
started on the campaign.

Thank you so much for your support and consideration, and thanks in
advance to all of this year's campaigners!

Have questions? Need more information? Call 415-861-5437 or email
jca-@colage.org

*********************
3. Paul Cameron Action Alert

You may have heard that Paul Cameron, the discredited researcher who
publishes articles (maybe it would be more accurate to call them
stories) on sexuality recently authored a piece in the Journal of
Biosocial Science. The article is titled, "Children of Homosexuals and
Transsexuals More Apt To Be Homosexual" (For more info about Cameron who
was removed from the APA in 1986, see:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron_sheet.html

His methodology is ridiculous and totally illegitimate. Basically his
"sample" is not really a sample at all. He claims to have 77
participants but really, he knows nothing of those individuals as they
are all interviewees in 3 books: Families Like Mine: Children of Gay
Parents Tell It Like It Is by Abigail Garner, Out of the Ordinary:
Essays on Growing Up with Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Parents edited
by Noelle Howey and Ellen Samuels, and Sons Talk About Their Gay
Fathers: Life Curves by Andrew Gottlieb. For a point by point analysis
of the entire flaw-filled article, see:
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/Articles/000,012.htm

Abigail Garner alerted the Journal in February after she learned about
the pending publication of the article, but she did not receive a
response. (see details on her blog at:
http://damnstraight.oversampled.net/2006/04/20/\).Many members of COLAGE
are featured in both Abigail’s book as well as the Out of the Ordinary
anthology. The Journal should be held accountable for allowing a
discredited researcher to use their pages to feed sensationalism.
Contact Cambridge University Press and demand they retract the article
they permitted to get published in the Journal of Biosocial Science. It
is especially important that they hear from social scientists in
academia. Contact them at:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/contactUs

We are very concerned that his official-sounding article will end up
being used in a court of law regarding the custody of a child of LGBTQ
parent(s), or will be cited in future studies, and that it will continue
to perpetuate the prevailing myths about LGBTQ parents and their
children. The Family Research Institute (where Cameron works) has
already released a press release, stating as if it is fact, "A third of
homosexuals' children become homosexual."

Please help to denounce this distorted and dishonest work by Cameron in
whatever way you can. Make sure that your colleagues are aware of the
situation. Please consider writing letters to the editor and other
public forums demanding a retraction and apology.

===============
COLAGE EVENTS:
===============
4. COLAGE Ann Arbor Activity Series

GROUP DISCUSSION/ACTIVITY FOR 3RD-5TH GRADERS
Ann Arbor/Detroit COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere) is
offering a 5-session group discussion/activity series for 3rd-5th
graders from LGBT families.

When:   5 Sundays, 12 noon - 2pm: April 30, May 7, May 21, June 4, June
11, 2006.

Where: Meetings will be based out of the WRAP office in Ann Arbor, with
some activities taking place at other venues.

What:    Children will get to know one another through team-building
activities, then brainstorm topics they want to discuss related to their
LGBT family status. They will have facilitated discussions with
volunteer counselors about those issues. They will also enjoy group
activities such as art or theater projects, rock climbing, pizza party,
meeting older COLAGE teenagers, and a BBQ blast.

Who:    First 10 children to register.

Cost:    $15 (May also include price of admission for 1-2 outside
activities.)

Register: Contact Donna Rafferty at donna-@aol.com, cell 203-246-4909

***************

5. COLAGE Tampa Bay Event

Join us on May 4th at 7:00 at
Christ the Cornerstone Church
5545 62nd Avenue North
Pinellas Park, FL 33781.
For information call Daniel at 727-547-6280

Special Guest Speaker, Madalynn Shepley to speak on the topic of
Transgenders at our May meeting

***************

6. Join COLAGE and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center’s Family Services
Program for the L.A. Premiere of In My Shoes: Stories of Youth with LGBT
Parents

A youth-produced film by and about youth with lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgender parents

Thursday, May 25 • 7 - 9 pm
The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center’s
Village at Ed Gould Plaza
1125 N. McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Co-sponsored by Beth Chayim Congregation.

This is the kick-off event for the Los Angeles COLAGE chapter! Be among
the first in Los Angeles to see this award-winning film and stay after
the screening for parent and youth discussion groups. The film is
appropriate for youth 7 and up and parents of all ages!

For more information about this event, please call 323-860-7320 or email
familys-@LAGayCenter.org.

For more information about COLAGE and the In My Shoes film project,
visit www.COLAGE.org.

MOVIE SYNOPSIS:
In a time when LGBT families are debated and attacked in the media,
courts and congress, from school houses to state houses across the
country, five young people give you a chance to walk in their shoes– to
hear their own views on marriage, making change, and what it means to be
a family. In My Shoes: Stories of Youth with LGBT Parents was produced
by the COLAGE Youth Leadership and Action Program and directed by Jen
Gilomen.

********************

7. Register today! Family Week in Saugatuck, MI

Family Week 2006 is gearing up to be another week of amazing
connections, community and youth programming for COLAGE.   At the same
time, 2006 promises to be a challenging one for our community with more
states introducing legislation targeting and attacking our families than
ever before.

Clearly, it will be more important than ever before for LGBT families to
join together. What better place for you to connect to others with LGBT
parents than at:

Family Week in Saugatuck, MI
July 8th – 13th, 2006

Once again COLAGE is joining with Rainbow Families Great Lakes (an
entirely volunteer- run group of folks dedicated to making Family Week a
success) to plan for Family Week 2006. We’ll be on hand with amazing and
empowering programming for youth in addition to a whole schedule of
family events, meals, beach parties, parent workshops, recreational
activities and more.

Sign up your family to join us at this inspiring and unique event for
LGBT Families today. Go to http://www.rfgl.org/Register.html to make
sure you’ll be a part of Family Week 2006!

**********************
8. Register Today! Act OUT: the National LGBT Family Conference

Oct. 27-29, 2006
Fairmont Hotel
Dallas, Texas

Come one, come all and spend three fun-filled days with Family Pride and
COLAGE this fall! Hundreds of LGBT-headed families and youth and adults
with LGBT Parents from all over the country will be there, making new
friends and re-connecting with old ones. This weekend is going to be a
great mixture of education and celebration!

• Advocacy, Media & Mobilization Workshops
• Grassroots Organizing Education
• Youth and Adult Leadership Training
• Activities for all Children of all Ages
plus

• Family Reception
• Ice Cream Social
• Huge Halloween Party & Family Dance – bring your costumes!

Partnering with Family Pride, this weekend is sure to be a time you will
never forget.
Act OUT will also feature an expo which will be fun for grown ups and
kids alike.

Register today to ensure your family will have a space at one of the
most transformative family gatherings Family Pride and COLAGE will host
this year. Hundreds of other LGBT-headed families will be attending, and
space is limited, so

Register Now for Special Early Bird Rates! Go to
http://www.familypride.org/site/pp.asp?c=bhKPI7PFImE&b=992425 for more
information and Registration!

COLAGE is also pleased to announce the FIRST-EVER COLAGE Chapter
Leadership Institute on Friday, October 27th before the start of Act
OUT. Arrive in Dallas on Thursday night so you do not miss the first
ever national gathering of COLAGE Chapter Leaders.
11AM- 4 PM
Friday, October 27th
For more information get in touch with Meredith Fenton, COLAGE Program
Director at mere-@colage.org

Keep checking www.colage.org for more information!

=========================
Actions, Opportunities, and News
=========================

9. Support for COLAGE Chapter Coordinator, Deanna Makinen

June, Josh, Spencer and I would like you to know about our friend
Deanna. She is 13 and in the hospital with Leukemia. She will be going
to Boston for a bone marrow transplant this summer. Her 11 y.o. brother
will be the donor. There are several fundraisers coming up which we
wanted to invite you to. Deanna is a UU and member of the Exeter church.
She is also the founder of NH COLAGE Seacoast which is a group for
children with gay parents. She is a Middle school student and field
hockey player. She is a very bright, kind and caring person.
I'd like you to be part of the circle that is supporting this family.
Please expand this circle by forwarding this email, bringing your
friends to get an ice cream or go to the concert. The informaion is
below. Love, Keryn

An Evening for Deanna
On Friday, June 9th, at 7:30 p.m. there will be a folk/jazz/blues
concert in the Unitarian Church (12 Elm Street, Exeter) to benefit
Deanna Makinen and her family. Please save the date and plan to join
us. Tickets will be on sale beginning in May. The evening will feature
a number of the First Unitarian Society of Exeter's very talented
musicians and singers.

Please help us pack the Sanctuary and raise money to support them all
through Deanna's chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant. If you would
like to sell tickets, please contact Donna Schlachman at 772-4934 or
schl-@comcast.net.

More info:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/exeter/04252006/news/99499.htm

**********************

10. Queerspawn Documentary in Texas

The documentary "Queer Spawn" will be screened on May 20th at Qcinema,
the LGBTQ film festival in Fort Worth, TX. This film profiles youth and
young adults with LGBT parents including members of COLAGE Speak Out
Kyle Michaels and Caroline Cox-Orrell, COLAGE Membership Coordinator
Jesse Carr, and member of the COLAGE Board of Directors Christine
Bachman.
To learn more about the film visit: http://annaboluda.blogspot.com/

More info: http://www.qcinema.org/qcinema_schedule.htm

**********************

11. “All I Want for Mother’s Day is a NO Vote on the Federal Marriage
Amendment”
PFLAG Parents Rally against Federal Marriage Amendment on Cap Hill and
in Home Districts with New Campaign

Washington, D.C. – “Dear Senator: All I want for Mother’s Day is for you
to vote NO on the Federal Marriage Amendment…” is the theme of thousands
of postcards that will be sent between today and June 5 to U.S. Senators
from members of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
(PFLAG).

“A no vote on the Federal Marriage Amendment would be the best gift any
parent could get this year for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day,” said
Samuel Thoron, National President of PFLAG. “This is literally giving
the gift of fighting discrimination against our children – and there’s
nothing a parent could want more.”

The new “Dear Senator” campaign is part of a month of high-intensity
lobbying by PFLAG members around the U.S. to fight the Federal Marriage
Amendment, which, if passed, would mark the first step in writing
discrimination into the U.S. Constriction by denying marriage equality
to same-sex individuals.

In addition to the postcard campaign, PFLAG members are lobbying their
congressional representatives on this and other issues of equality for
their gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) loved ones this week
on Capitol Hill. They will have family photos in hand and will make more
than 30 visits during the day, culminating with a reception that
evening.

“These visits are being made by PFLAG board members and Regional
Directors – all volunteers – who represent the more than 200,000 members
and supporters around the country,” said Thoron. “Our legislators need
to see that we believe in family values too, to see our photos of the
people we do this for – and to understand why passing legislation that
hurts our GLBT loved ones is wrong, is un-American and unacceptable.”

PFLAG members nationwide are also taking the message of marriage
equality and fairness in legislation to their members of Congress at
home. Members from PFLAG’s more than 500 chapters are scheduling
in-district meetings as part of their fourth annual Bringing the Message
Home campaign to remind their elected officials that equality is
non-negotiable and that discrimination against their loved ones affects
their families too.

“Our families are everywhere, and we deserve equality,” said Thoron. “It
is as simple as that. All of our children should have of equal
treatment, equal protections and equal opportunities and our elected
officials need to know it.”

To participate in the postcard campaign, visit
http://www.pflag.org/May_1__2006__FMA_postcard.fma_postcard.0.html

***************
12. NEWS REPORT: Anti-gay adoption laws linked with lower chances of
adoption for foster youth

NOTE: One of the authors of this report is Kate Kuvalanka, member of the
COLAGE Board of Directors.

Contact Information:
Sarah Kaye and Katherine A. Kuvalanka
ska-@umd.edu or kkuv-@umd.edu
Mobile: 201-388-2880

Over 100,000 American children who cannot live safely with their
biological families wait in temporary foster care for a permanent
adoptive family. Federal policies over the last decade have attempted
to encourage adoption of these children, yet some states are enacting
legislation to restrict the pool of prospective adoptive parents on the
basis of sexual orientation. A recent research brief by doctoral
students Sarah Kaye, and Katherine Kuvalanka from the University of
Maryland’s Department of Family Studies finds that state-level anti-gay
adoption policies may not support Federal adoption priorities. In a
national investigation, states with anti-gay adoption policies had 82%
of foster children still waiting for adoption at year end, compared to
72% in states with gay-friendly policies. A foster child’s chance of
being successfully adopted from a state with gay-friendly adoption
policies was twice that of a child being adopted from a state with
anti-gay policies. This brief and an accompanying deliberation guide,
as well as other policy briefs, can be viewed on the Maryland Family
Impact Policy Seminar website:
http://www.hhp.umd.edu/FMST/fis/mdresources.html

Proponents of anti-gay adoption laws and policies often cite moral
arguments or claim that these policies are in the best interests of
children. However, social science has consistently demonstrated that
children raised by lesbian and gay parents do not experience any
developmental or psycho-social deficits as compared to children raised
by heterosexual parents. In fact, there may be some unique, positive
outcomes for children as a result of growing up with lesbian and gay
parents, such as being tolerant, open-minded, and accepting of
differences in others. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American
Psychological Association, the Child Welfare League of America, the
North American Council on Adoptable Children and other important child
welfare organizations have all issued statements affirming that lesbian
and gay parents are just as likely to raise happy, well-adjusted
children as heterosexual parents. Lesbians and gay men are also more
willing than heterosexuals to adopt children, particularly hard-to-place
children, including those with serious physical, emotional, and
behavioral problems.

Currently eleven states--California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana,
Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania,
Vermont--and the District of Columbia currently have “gay-friendly”
adoption laws, statutes, and/or high-court decisions which guarantee gay
men and lesbians the opportunity to be considered as prospective
adoptive parents. Five states--Florida, Mississippi, Nebraska,
Oklahoma, and Utah--have “anti-gay” adoption laws or policies that
prohibit or restrict adoption by gay men and lesbians. It is reported
that 16 states may be considering anti-gay adoption legislation in the
2006 term, including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas,
Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee,
Utah, Vermont, and West Virginia.

****************
13. Job Opportunities at Family Pride

1. Director of Development
Job Title:     Director of Development

Reporting to:     Executive Director

Roles & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a dynamic and successful development professional to plan
and help implement all fundraising efforts, with an emphasis on major
gifts, foundation grants and corporate sponsorships. The person will be
in charge of raising an annual budget of approximately $2.5M initially.
Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage all aspects of our fundraising activities using a mix
of major individual gifts, foundation grants, a tiered membership model,
corporate sponsorships and online, grassroots appeals.
- Cultivate and solicit major gift prospects, working closely with
executive director and Board of Directors.
- Develop, submit, and follow-up on proposals for foundation grants.
- Develop strong direct mail campaign that grows our base of membership
supporters.
- Create a communications strategy to keep major donors and members
engaged in the Family Pride mission.
- Motivate and manage a development team to successfully raise Family
Pride’s annual budget.
Position Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit and secure major gifts and
to raise at least $5,000,000 annually from a combination of major gifts,
foundations and other sources.
- Credibility among prospective individual donors who can support us at
levels from $25,000 to $250,000 level and beyond.
- A team-oriented approach to fundraising, working in close
collaboration with the executive director and Board.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Five years’ experience in fundraising, preferably involving politics,
policy, activism, or advocacy, more than arts or social services
- Preferably, candidate has experience building a professional
fundraising capability in a start-up environment, establishing roles and
responsibilities, and implementing processes and systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive values
- Ideally an existing rolodex of potential donors who will support
Family Pride

2. Development & Administrative Associate
Job Title:     Development & Administrative Associate
Reporting to:     Development Director
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Development Associate will be the one of two support persons within
the organization on all development and membership issues. This
individual will work in close partnership with the Director of
Development and Executive Director to ensure the successful execution of
a multi-pronged development program. The Development Associate will
work in all aspects of the development program, including membership,
direct mail, major donor solicitation, event planning, corporate
sponsorships and foundation management. In addition, this individual
will support the administrative operation of the Executive Director,
including travel, scheduling and interface with high-level donors and
supporters of the organization.
Responsibilities:
- Communicating with and responding to membership questions and
concerns.
- Updating and maintaining membership and donor records in the FPC
database
- Managing and tracking all Board of Director giving and fundraising
activities.
- Serving as secretary on all Development Committee meeting calls and as
an administrative support to the Development Committee co-chairs
- Managing invitations, rsvp’s and all support and administrative
functions for Major Donor house parties.
- Project Manager for the National Awards Dinner held annually in Los
Angeles in October.
- Work with Director of development to target and communicate with
existing and potential Corporate Sponsors
- Write and track submission of Foundation grant proposals, provide
follow-up reporting to granting organizations.
- Managing all administrative tasks for the Executive Director,
including travel arrangements, scheduling and other tasks as needed.
Position Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be energetic, hard-working and committed to
equality for LGBT-headed families. Attention to detail, strong
interpersonal skills and teamwork a must. Previous experience in
fundraising and development, as well as grant-writing experience, a real
plus. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to work on multiple
projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately; ability and
willingness to learn new applications; excellent written and verbal
communication skills are necessary.
3. Program & Education Associate
Job Title:     Program & Education Associate
Reporting to:     Executive Director

Roles & Responsibilities:
The Program and Education Associate (P& E Associate) will be an integral
team member within the organization on all program and education issues.
This individual will work in close partnership with the Program &
Education Coordinator to ensure the successful execution of a
multi-pronged programmatic agenda. The P & E Associate will work in all
aspects of Family Pride’s advocacy and education programming, including
Family Pride’s national speakers bureau - OUTSpoken Families, the ActOUT
National LGBT Family Conference, a back to school campaign, the Real
Families, Real Facts public awareness campaign and various events and
conferences throughout the year.
The P&E Associate will help manage programs and education,
communications and some administrative functions.
Responsibilities:
The P & E Associate is responsible for providing support services as
assigned for all of the Family Pride’s undertakings, including events,
inquiries, resource requests, material updates, member communications
and other special projects.
The range of tasks is varied and must be completed in a fast-paced,
deadline-driven environment.
- Provide support to all programs, conferences, community forums and
outreach functions
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program and Education
Manager to develop short- and long-term programs;
- Create and maintain work plans that move projects forward
- Communicate with local and regional organizations, vendors and groups
to move projects forward
- Strategically manage program and initiative data and provide period
reports
- Provide general office support
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Recruit and manage interns and volunteers
- Coordinate telephone and email requests for resources
Position Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment with
multiple tasks, be energetic, hard-working and committed to equality for
LGBT-headed families. Attention to detail, creativity, strong
interpersonal skills and teamwork a must. The ideal candidate will also
be professional and courteous in working with LGBT parents and their
families; will take responsibility for solving problems and overcoming
obstacles s/he encounters in completing assigned tasks on deadline; will
be capable of coordinating projects with staff from other departments,
and will have a high level of personal investment in creating an
organized, streamlined, high-functioning office environment and in
contributing to the work of organization as a whole. Must also be
willing to travel. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to work on
multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately; ability
and willingness to learn new applications; excellent written and verbal
communication skills are necessary.
4. eCommunications Coordinator
Job Title:     eCommunications Coordinator
Reporting to:     Executive Director

Position Summary
The eCommunications Coordinator is responsible for the management and
development of Family Pride’s web site, which supports a number of
organizational priorities, including member and media communications,
advocacy, development/fundraising and public education. The
eCommunications Coordinator ensures the site is stable, well designed,
effective to use, up-to-date and properly maintained; creates and edits
online material; is an integral part of the communications strategy;
and manages on-line advocacy campaigns and communications.
Responsibilities:
- Maintain and modify the Family Pride web site, including content,
graphical and multimedia displays and communications
- Develop and implement online programs that improve the site's
effectiveness as a communication, advocacy and fundraising tool;
evaluate and recommend Web hardware and software solutions; communicate
with staff and gather user feedback to determine site needs and
functionality
- Coordinate and manage outside web vendors, including application
providers and design consultants
- Maintain an effective email marketing program; distribute action
alerts, press releases, and event announcements; manage and segment all
email lists and member databases
- Assist in the preparation of communications component of board reports
and other internal/external reporting
- Increase site traffic by promoting the site in various media,
including search engines
Qualifications:
- Level of knowledge equivalent to completion of a BA or BS degree
- Experience with Web development tools, such as Adobe Photoshop,
Macromedia Dreamweaver, and Macromedia Flash
- Experience with constituent management systems, particularly the
Kintera Sphere platform.
- Very strong knowledge of HTML; familiarity with web technologies such
as Javascript and Cold Fusion.
- 2 years experience in creating or editing online content and the
production processes of Internet sites, and a working exposure to
marketing principles and concepts
- Understanding of graphical user interface design, information design
and interactive design;
- Experience with online marketing, including email, search and banner
advertising.
- General understanding of information architecture and Web-related
technologies
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office, Internet browsers and Internet
operations familiarity with both PC and Mac platforms a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
appropriately; ability and willingness to learn new applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for any of the positions above please email a cover letter and
resume to   in-@familypride.orgwith the job title in the subject line.
By mail you can send your resume and cover letter to PO Box 65327,
Washington, DC 20035.
Family Pride is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a
diversified workplace. Women, people of color, and other
underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged. Family Pride is an
equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on
age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability (including
HIV status), ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and
expression, marital status, matriculation, national origin, physical
appearance, race, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual
orientation, union membership, veteran status or other unlawful factors,
with respect to recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion,
discipline, discharge, compensation, training and other terms,
conditions and privileges of employment.

====================================
Thank you for subscribing to COLAGE NetNews!

COLAGE thrives on the involvement and support of all its members and
funders. We acknowledge the generous support of the Gill Foundation,
Haas Jr Fund, Open Society Institute, San Francisco Foundation, San
Francisco Department of Children, Youth, and Families, American and all
our members and donors.

COLAGE engages, connects, and supports people to make the world a better
place for children of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender parents.
Ensure COLAGE's future with your membership
contribution today. Join COLAGE at: http://www.colage.org/join.html