Welcome Guest!
 COLAGE NetNews
Just For Us Call for Submissions!  dire-@colage.org
 Jul 07, 2006 13:44 PDT

Let your voice be heard! Contribute to COLAGEís one-of-a-kind
publication, Just For Us!

JFU is the only publication dedicated to the words, thoughts, opinions,
and experiences of people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or
transgender parents - and we want to hear from YOU.

Our next issue of Just For Us will be focused on school! We want to
hear about your hallways, classrooms, teachers, extra-curricular
activities, and more. Whether youíre still in school, already
graduated, getting home schooled, attending public or private school,
you have a story to tell the world about what itís like for kids with
LGBTQ parents.

Some questions to consider:
Are you able to be open about your family in school?
Do you ever hear about LGBT families in the classroom? What gets said,
and what do you think about it?
Whatís going on at your school to make it a welcoming place for
everyone? Why did you decide to get involved?
If you are already out of school, do you have any stories or memories
related to having LGBT parents?
How does your experience of school change as you grow? Do you think
there are differences between elementary, middle, high school, and
college when it comes to our families?

Submissions may take almost any format - share your personal stories,
essays, interviews, poems, artwork, reviews, or send us pictures of
yourself or your family. We will work with you to make sure your story
is told in your own words, the way you want it - you, the contributor,
have final approval of your piece before it goes to print. You can
submit a finished piece or let us interview you - itís up to you.
Please limit your pieces to two-dimensional and 500-750 words or less.
Each submission should include a brief bio, and a picture (digital
images are preferred!).

Deadline for submissions is August 11th so get your thoughts down on
paper and let your voice be heard! To contribute to JFU, or if you have
questions about being a contributor, contact us at jf-@colage.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!