Welcome Guest!
 COLAGE NetNews
COLAGE Net News * Media Alert  meredith fenton
 Sep 29, 2006 17:18 PDT

COLAGE Activist Receives Prestigious Award on Television

COLAGE is thrilled to share with you the opportunity to see Marina
Gatto, an 18 year old COLAGE activist receive National Hispanic Heritage
Award this weekend on television. Earlier this month, Marina and her
moms traveled to Washington D.C. to receive the award at Kennedy
Performing Arts. The awards ceremony will be airing Saturday Sept. 30th
on NBC, and on Sunday October 1st on Univision (in Spanish).

Marina shares, “I REALLY hope that you might be able to watch it! I
received the award for community service. The fact that the largest and
most prestigious Latino award in the nation honored me for my work on
behalf of the LGBT community really shows how we as people are able to
bring the two communities together, and how we are able to blur the
lines that divide our communities. The Hispanic Heritage Foundation is
an utterly AMAZING and WONDERFUL organization that has taken the lead in
acknowledging the importance of recognizing the importance of working
together for a better world, and those Latino people who are doing just
that. I am honored that I have been chosen and identified as one of the
top Latino youth leaders in the nation to represent them, and proud that
they honor and value my work as an LGBT rights activist.”

Marina has been involved with COLAGE since she was 9 years old. As a
tireless voice for equality, Marina has tirelessly advocated at local,
state and national levels to protect and expand the rights of youth with
LGBT parents and our families. She will be participating in the upcoming
COLAGE and Freedom to Marry Radio Tour in October, joining other youth
members of the COLAGE Speak Out program from across the country on radio
interviews nationwide to promote visibility and equality.

Check your local television listings to find out details for when the
awards will be broadcast in your area.

For more information contact:
col-@colage.org
415-861-5437