Welcome Guest!
 BA COLAGE NetNws
Monday, March 27th , 2006  emb-@colage.org
 Mar 28, 2006 16:20 PST

more LGBT Parent.

Date: Saturday, April 1st

Time: 1pm-4pm

Place: Zuem at the Yerba Buena Center
221 Fourth Street
(@ Howard Street)
San Francisco, CA 94103
415.820.3320

For more information or to RSVP contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext. 103
or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
2. San Francisco Middle School Group

This month’s activity is a super surprise. You won’t want to miss out!

Date: Sunday, April 2nd

Time: 1pm to 4pm

Place: LYRIC Building 127 Collingwood St at 18th St in the Castro

For more information or to RSVP contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext. 103
or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
3. COLAGE “HEAR IT FROM US” Panel

The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Family Collaborative is
pleased to present a special panel of youth with LGBT parents sharing
their personal stories about growing up with LGBT parents, addressing
the challenges they have faced, and suggesting ways that LGBT parents,
the LGBT community, and the community at large can support children from
alternative families.

Hear It From Us: Perspectives of Youth with LGBT Parents, is a unique
opportunity to hear the often invisible voices of the children of the
LGBT community. Challenges and victories in school, experiences with
peers, advice to parents of younger children, perspective parents,
teachers, and allies, their views on LGBT political issues, and their
place within our queer communities, are some of the topics the panel
will address. Attendees will be encouraged to ask questions- this is
your chance to hear a unique perspective on LGBT families- from the kids
that are in them

While the panel specifically invites an audience of LGBT parents with
children of all ages, prospective LGBT parents, LGBT family members, and
direct service workers who interface with children of LGBT parents, the
panel is open to all community members who are curious about the unique
experience of growing up in an LGBT family.

Date: Tuesday, April 4th

Time: 6pm to 8pm

Place: LGBT Center 1800 Market St. in San Francisco

For more information or to RSVP contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext. 103
or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
4. East Bay COLAGE Crew
COLAGE Crew is a group for 3rd-5th graders who have one or more LGBT
Parent. Come hang out with a group of youth who have families like
yours. Don’t miss out on the fun!

Date: Sunday, April 9th

Time: 1pm to 4pm

Place: The Pacific Center 2712 Telegraph Ave in Berkeley

For more information or to RSVP contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext. 103
or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
5. ACT UP ACT OUT; Activism Through Theater Workshop Series

COLAGE YLAP and Fringe Benefits brings you ACT UP ACT OUT; a workshop
series for teens with queer parents and their allies. Help create a play
that will be used to make change in schools. No theater experience is
necessary.

$$ Teens who participate are eligible for a stipend! $$

Dates and Times:
Thursday, April 20th from 5:30 to 9pm
Saturday, April 22nd from 2 to 5:30pm
Sunday, April 23rd from 2 to 5:30pm
Thursday, April 27th from 5:30 to 9pm
Saturday, April 29th from 2 to 5:30pm

Place: Women’s Building Audre Lorde Room, 3543 18th St (between Guerrero
St and Valencia St), San Francisco

For more information or to register contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext.
103 or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
6. East Bay Middle School Group Meeting

Do you live in the East Bay? Are you in 6th-8th grades? Do you have one
or more LGBT parent? Come hang out with other youth like you at the
COLAGE East Bay Middle School Group. Arts and Crafts, games and
activities; don’t miss out on the fun!!

Date: Sunday April 30th

Time: 1pm to 4pm

Place: The Pacific Center 2712 Telegraph Ave in Berkeley

For more information or to RSVP contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext. 103
or emb-@colage.org.

************************************
7. Middle School Group Mountain Biking Trip

For all bay area Middle School groups. Trips for Kids (in Marin) will be
taking us on a mountain biking trip. This will be the 3rd year in a row
that we have done this amazing event. Reserve your space now!

Save the Date: Sunday May 7th

To reserve a spot or for more information, contact Ember at 415-861-5437
ext. 103 or emb-@colage.org.

*************************************

8. Be a part of the COLAGE Family Week Volunteer Staff Team!

COLAGE is thrilled to once again be a part of Provincetown Family Week
coming to Ptown, MA in Summer 2006. (July 29th- August 5th, 2006).
During this week, hundreds of LGBT families take over a town for
parties, family events, workshops, dances, beach time, and more. We are
looking for adult COLAGErs (Folks 18 and over who have one or more
lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender parent/s) to serve as
volunteer COLAGE staff for this fun and inspiring event.

Staff are expected to arrive in Provincetown, MA on Friday, July 28th
for staff orientation and training and to stay through Saturday, August
5th.

The COLAGE Family Week Staff team works together to provide social,
educational, and community building activities for youth ages 9 and up.
COLAGE activities will be offered for three groups of youth with LGBT
parents: Camp COLAGE for 3rd-5th graders, COLAGE Crew for Middle School
youth, and the COLAGE High School Program.

Who can apply? To be a part of the COLAGE Family Week Staff you must be
at least 18 years old; we are especially are looking for people who have
one or more LGBT parent(s), people of color and men to join our staff.

What does it mean to be on the Family Week Staff?
If you commit to serve as volunteer staff it means that Family Week
becomes more of a job (albeit a fun and exciting job) than a vacation.
We also do ask that our staff commit to being present for the entire
week starting with staff training on July 28th. In addition to the week
of the event itself, Family Week Staff will help with workshop and
activity planning beginning in May 2006 via email and 1 or 2 phone
conference calls in the month and a half prior to Family Week.

In return, you have the chance to affect the lives of youth with LGBT
parents by sharing your experiences, your enthusiasm, and your energy
with an amazing group of youth. You also have the unique opportunity to
connect with other adults with LGBT parents who are a part of the team.
There will be time to enjoy the queer friendly vacation atmosphere of
Ptown. And lots more!

Room, Board and Travel: COLAGE Volunteer Staff are given the option of
communal COLAGE housing- this summer we are renting two community houses
for our staff who live together and share community meals (At no cost to
Staff). You may also choose to stay with your family or friends on your
own. Staff volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements
to and from Family Week but we are happy to assist with travel stipends,
flight vouchers, carpools, etc when possible. COLAGE covers the cost of
housing (if you stay in the COLAGE Staff house) and meals for staff
during Family Week.

To apply:
We are looking for a diverse staff of 20+ adult COLAGErs for this
amazing opportunity. If you are interested, please return the attached
Volunteer Interest Form to Meredith Fenton, COLAGE Program Director at
mere-@colage.org by March 31st, 2006.

To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Meredith at
415-861-5437, ext. 102 or Mere-@colage.org.

*********************************

9. The Felicia Park-Rogers Summer Internship Program at COLAGE

Come work in the national headquarters of COLAGE this summer! COLAGE
engages, connects and empowers people to make the world a better place
for children of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT)
parents and families.

The Felicia Park-Rogers Internship Program

The COLAGE Summer Internship Program is named for our visionary former
director Felicia Park-Rogers who started the summer internship program
during her leadership of COLAGE. We honor her commitment to people with
LGBT parents, creativity, energy and years of leadership through 10-week
internships that promote development of young leadership, allow
participants a hands-on look at the non-profit field, teach interns
about LGBT families issues, and promise to be a lot of fun!

COLAGE is the only national organization serving people with LGBT
parents, therefore presenting a unique perspective on LGBT issues, and
providing a once in a lifetime opportunity for interns. This is a
hands-on job: you won’t just be filing, you’ll get to use your
creativity and initiative. We are looking for team players who are
motivated to learn, share, play, and work hard in support of COLAGE's
mission. Interns will assist the staff on current or new projects, with
both local and national events, and with office management.

Preferred qualifications
·   Computer literate (especially on PC’s), knowledge of Office 2000,
FileMaker Pro, HTML, and desktop publishing programs a plus.
·   Experience and comfort with email and phone-based organizing and
networking.
·   Experience and comfort working with youth and families
·   Self-motivated, flexible, and full of initiative
·   People with LGBT parent/s

Requirements
Summer interns receive a stipend for a ten-week, full time internship
including some evenings and weekends. We will help you find low-cost or
free housing when possible.
·   Must make at least a ten-week, full-time commitment during the
summer.
·   Must be 18 or over if not from the Bay Area, 15 or over from the Bay
Area.
·   Must be LGBT-positive

COLAGE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
·   People of color, people with disabilities, and people with LGBT
parents especially encouraged to apply.

How to Apply for Summer Internships
Deadline: Friday, April 7th 2006
Postmark by April 7th or fax by midnight on April 7th
Please mail, email, or fax us the following information:
1. Your resume;
2. A cover letter sharing your interest in working for
COLAGE and qualifications;
3. Contact information for two people who will serve as references and
can attest to your experience and skills.

Select applicants will be invited to participate in an interview during
April. Internships will be offered during May.

COLAGE also has fall/spring work-study internships; if you are
interested contact COLAGE for more information.

Need more info? Want to apply?
COLAGE, 3543 18th St, #1
SF CA 94110
phone: 415-861-5437    fax (415) 255-8345,
www.colage.org

10. Do you have extra housing to share with a COLAGE Intern?

Here is an easy way to make a difference in the lives of children, youth
and adults with LGBT parents.
Each summer, COLAGE hosts 1-3 young adults through our internship
program who hugely impact our ability to continue our programming and
services. Interns receive only a modest stipend for full-time work for
10 weeks.

If you have an extra room, guest room, or other room to rent for free or
cheap to a COLAGE Intern, please let us know! Most internships run from
early June- mid- August. Of course you will get to talk with selected
interns to make sure it’s a right match for your house. Perhaps you have
a college student, or a child who will be at camp- if you might have a
space in your home for a COLAGE intern please email Meredith Fenton,
COLAGE Program Director at mere-@colage.org to talk about the
possibilities.

Thanks so much in advance!

=====.=====================
Community Bulletin Board

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

===================================
Thank you for subscribing to COLAGE Bay Area Net News!

COLAGE thrives on the involvement and support of all its members and
funders. We acknowledge the generous support of the Gill Foundation,
Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund, Horizons Foundation, Open Society
Institute, San Francisco Foundation, San Francisco Children and Families
Commission, San Francisco Department of Children, Youth, and Families,
Castro Lions, ACLU, Providian Financial and all our members.

COLAGE engages, connects, and supports people to make the world a better
place for children of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender parents.
Ensure COLAGE's future with your membership contribution today. Join
COLAGE at: http://www.colage.org/join.html