Welcome Guest!
 BA COLAGE NetNws
PRIDE UPDATE  emb-@colage.org
 Jun 20, 2006 17:07 PDT

LESS THAN 1 WEEK UNTIL PRIDE!!!!

UPDATE

We are #28 in the Parade!!!! YEAH!!!! We are going to assemble on
Spear Street between Mission and Howard Streets. Because we are so
close to the beginning of the parade, please arrive by 10:00am. Parking
and traffic will be a nightmare. It is recommended that you take BART
to Embarcadero station and walk one block to the assembly location.
Visit www.511.org to get detailed directions on public transportation
from your location.

Join hundreds of LGBT families on Sunday, June 25th showing that word
family is broad and all inclusive. Bring your family, strollers, bikes,
sun block and tennis shoes! Also bring snacks, water and other goodies
to keep the kiddies occupied. And feel free to make signs to
demonstrate your pride. Such as "I love my two daddies", "Only toys
belong in the closet" and "My two moms rock".

T-SHIRTS

Kaiser Permanente has also graciously donated 400 t-shirts for our
contingent in the parade!!!! T-shirts will be available prior to the
parade start and afterwards, we will tie-dye them at the Family Garden!
T-shirts will be available in children’s size small and run through
adult size XXXL.

FAMILY GARDEN

OFC and COLAGE are especially proud to announce the “3rd Annual Family
Garden”, sponsored together with Kaiser Permanente, located at the south
playground at the corner of Larkin and Grove streets. Last year the
playground was overflowing with families. Parents can meet other LGBT
parents, rest while the children play and receive information about OFC
and COLAGE at our booth that will be located in the Family Garden.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!

We need volunteers to staff our Pride booth and the Family Garden.

There are nearly 50 volunteer positions still to be filled!

Volunteers are needed to:
Inflate balloons to give to children in our parade contingent –
9am-10:30am
Decorate our van in the parade – 9am-10:30am
Distribute t-shirts to families before the parade start – 9am-10:30am
Set up at the Family Garden site – 9am-12 noon
Face painting at the Family Garden – 12 noon-2pm & 2pm-4pm Shifts
Assist children with tie-dying t-shirts – 12 noon-2pm & 2pm-4pm Shifts
Outreach at the Family Garden – 12 noon-2pm & 2pm-4pm Shifts
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Ember at 415-861-5437 ext
103. Let’s make this the best Pride ever!!!