Welcome Guest!
 BA COLAGE NetNws
THIS WEEKEND! Sistahs Steppin' in Pride-East Bay Dyke March and Festival  emb-@colage.org
 Aug 25, 2006 12:01 PDT

Join LGBT Families and COLAGE at

Sistahs Steppin' in Pride – East Bay Dyke March & Festival

Saturday, August 26
Oakland

Join Sistahs Steppin' in Pride for a free afternoon of pride,
connection, entertainment, vendors, food, and fun!
Families will gather at the Lake Merritt pillars at 11 a.m. and march at
noon.

The free celebration continues from 1 to 6 p.m. in Snow Park's Sistah
Village. COLAGE and Our Family Coalition will host a children’s area
with a jump tent, face painting and we will be making candy necklace!

Location: The celebration takes place at Snow Park on Harrison Street
between 19th & 20th Streets in Oakland. Plenty of street and lot
parking.

IT'S A SISTAHS STEPPIN’ IN PRIDE WEEKEND!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

5TH ANNUAL SISTAHS STEPPIN’ IN PRIDE
EAST BAY DYKE MARCH AND FESTIVAL
Lake Merritt in Oakland, California

MARCH: Gather at 11 am @ Lake Merritt pillars(between Lakeshore and
Grand), March @ NOON. Bring your friends, your drum (or borrow one of
ours), and let’s fill the streets with our voices and merry-making!

CALLING ALL SISTAHS ON CYCLES! Rev up your Harley,

FREE FESTIVAL: 1 to 6 pm. in Snow Park's Sistah Village (Harrison St.@
19th St. downtown). Featuring hot artists like The Tonight Show’s Vicki
Randle and Bay Area rockers Sistas in the Pit! Enjoy great food, lots of
vendors, an elders' space & a children's area with a jumper!

Plus, you’ll hear songs of celebration by the SISTAHS SINGIN’ IN PRIDE
CHOIR, led by renowned artist, Melanie DeMore!

SPECIAL INTERACTIVE EXHIBIT : THE “TELL HERSTORY PROJECT.”
View the photographs, hear the remembrances, and add your stories—past
and present—of the East Bay’s lesbian community and our accomplishments.
We have SOARED and still we rise!

***

SATURDAY NIGHT: THE OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY!
KIMBALL’S CARNIVAL
215 Washington Street
in Jack London Square, Oakland
10p – 2a; $15

After your “disco nap”, come WORK YA BODY to fresh, funky, feverish
grooves flowin’ to make you FEEL SUPAFINE! A mix of DJs will take you on
a sexylicious sound journey, so get ready for the ride of your life!
21+, w/ID.

****

SUNDAY, AUGUST 27

SISTAHS STEPPIN’ SUNDAY BRUNCH & MATINEE
Luka's Taproom & Lounge
2221 Broadway (corner of West Grand)
Oakland, CA
Time: 11a – 3p

Ease on down to one of Oakland’s hottest spots & tickle your tastebuds.
After brunch, enjoy THE WIZ, brought to you as thanks for your love and
support! Brunch is offered at regular costs through Luka’s, and the
matinee admission is FREE!

If you have problems viewing this page, click here.