Welcome Guest!
 BA COLAGE NetNws
Speak OUT Training for COLAGErs, our families and our allies THIS SATURD  emb-@colage.org
 Jan 23, 2007 14:59 PST

Speak OUT Training for COLAGErs, our families and our allies

Co-presented by Family Pride, COLAGE, and Our Family Coalition

Training for LGBT Parents/Caregivers, Straight Supporters and COLAGErs
of all Ages

Time: Saturday, January 27, 10am-2pm
Location: The SF Community Center, 1800 Market St., San Francisco
RSVP at http://www.familypride.org/californiaSF.html
For free childcare in the Centerís KidSpace, RSVP to 415-865-5553

Do you want to impact change for youth and families? Then its time to
Speak OUT! Join over 650 LGBTQ parents, youth and adult children of
LGBTQ people, extended family members and caring allies who have already
committed to making a commitment to speak about the need for full family
equality. Parents will become a part of Family Pride's national
speakers bureau for family equality, OUTSpoken Families while youth and
adults with LGBT parents will join the COLAGE national network of
activists, Speak OUT.

So often when LGBT families are debated across our country, the focus is
on the children. We as youth and adults with LGBT parents are the only
experts on the experience of having one or more LGBT parent/s. No matter
if you have considered yourself an activist for years, or are just
thinking about speaking out to raise visibility and awareness about kids
of LGBT parents, this training is for you!

When we share the true experiences and lives of our families, we impact
change- learn how to use public speaking, informal conversations or the
media to make a difference in the lives of children, youth, adults and
parents in LGBT families.

Trina Olson Program & Education Manager for Family Pride and Meredith
Fenton, COLAGE Program Director will lead this exciting training with
specific breakouts for parents, allies and youth and adults with LGBT
parents.

FREE SNACKS AND LOTS OF FUN INCLUDED!

For more information about the training for COLAGErs, please email
mere-@colage.org

Organized by: CALFUN (California Family Unity Network)

CalFUN Partners: Asian Equality, Asian Pacific Islander Pride, Family
Matters, Freedom to Marry, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Centerís Family Services
Program, LGBT Early Childhood Education Initiative, Marriage Equality
USA, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, The San Francisco LGBT
Community Center's KidSpace

***Meredith Fenton***
COLAGE Program Director

COLAGE: support and advocacy by and for people with LGBT parents

www.colage.org   mere-@colage.org
phone: 415-861-5437 fax: 415-255-8345
1550 Bryant Street, Suite 830, San Francisco, CA 94103