Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
RE: Suggestion  Eileen Smith
 Jan 26, 2000 10:26 PST
Pam, that is such a great idea! I wouldn't have thought of creating my own
onion juice that way! My son is the same way at 9. He can find little bits
of anything in food. It can be extremely frustrating!

Eileen

-----Original Message-----
From: Sexeg-@aol.com [mailto:Sexeg-@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 5:46 AM
To: Cookin4P-@topica.com
Subject: Suggestion

My kids won't eat anything with onions in it and there are so many dishes
that just 'cry' for onions that they aren't the same without them. I've
come
up with 2 alternatives as my son can find an onion bit no matter how small!
I found both onion and garlic 'juice' in the spice section of my supermarket
and use these when I can afford to, as they are a little expensive. But as
2nd alternative, and when the recipe can accommadate, I tie fairly large
pieces of onion in a spice bag made from cheese cloth. I gently squeeze
some
of the onion juice from the bag before removing it and serving.

Pam

Check out the new and improved Topica site!
http://www.topica.com/t/13