Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Re: Hi everyone, New Here :)  Sexeg-@aol.com
 Nov 05, 2000 06:47 PST
My youngest daughter, the youngest of 6, ranging from 22 to 8, was and still
is very much the same as you describe here. For the longest time, the only
thing she would eat was peanut butter, a lot of times refusing even the
bread. Her pediatrician said to let her eat it, it was a lot more nutritious
than some of the other things she could have insisted on eating. To this day
she still changes her mind nearly on a daily basis of what she does and
doesn't like. I can only go with the flow. I'll give her something she
previously stated she loved only to be told she hates that and wants
something she previously stated she hated. I tell her I'll fix her request
next time. I think this is just part of them developing their tastes. The
only thing I can advise is to continuously introduce them to things and
encourage them to at least taste them. You will find that some of the things
that they taste and turn their noses up at, are the very things they will
swear they like opposed to their previous preferences. There is simply no
way to predict what will and won't work with children. All my best.
Pam