Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Re: Anyone there? And picky 12 year old...  Teresa
 Jun 23, 2002 11:39 PDT
Hi Christine,

My daughter, Candice, loves to cook - but only chocolate cakes, biscuits,
fudge balls etc.!!! lol - nothing healthy!
For some reason she can't stand the taste of a lot of vegies and begins to
retch if she is forced to eat them!
   And we homeschool! But, I found things were worse when she did go to
school - she'd swap with other kids to get a junk food lunch! Aye!
   Never mind! I remember a lady I know who is an alternative doctor saying
how some kids' tastebuds are all wrong and good foods taste yuck to them and
that it can be helped. Maybe I'll try and look into that!
   Thanks for your suggestions!

Teresa :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Belli" <Christ-@yahoo.com>
To: <Cookin4P-@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: Anyone there? And picky 12 year old...

 Theresa,

Somehow I got this e-mail sent to me and not quite
sure why but anyway I felt that I wanted to answer
you. I was an extreme extreme picky eater and I am
but I have come a long way, I even eat salad now and I
am 34. I didn't like a lot of foods, and now they
have grown on me. I used to be thin and now I am not,
but I do find that I have some trouble eating now, at
least healthy. I know some parents have concerns
about their child not eating and being hungry. I
never went hungry because I would eat when I was and
sometimes it was something that I did not like. I
went to a nutritionist to try and eat healthier and I
found that I did like some healthy things, that others
may not think are healthy. At work, people would say
that is not healthy but sometimes something is better
than nothing. Does your daughter like to cook, can
you include her, sometimes kids will take ownership if
they are part of the process, or even planning a menu,
or grocery shopping. My mother laughs and says we
give kids too many options, Anyway, what about school
can they help with nutrition information to share with
your daughter. I work at a place where their are
children and sometimes the children get their friends
to eat things that their parents would be shocked they
ate. I actually bought a book that is for picky
eaters, and it is food I love. I probably made no
sense but maybe something will stand out and please
take no offense with anything I said because I don't
know anything about you or your family
GOOD LUCK