Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Re: new to group  janet willuweit
 Feb 15, 2003 20:25 PST
Connie, I know just what you are going thru,, I live it every night here
too!
Mine are 6 and 11, and 38!!!! lol,My husband is a picky eater, so my kids
think they have to be too!, You aren't gonna believe this, but I have
stocked up on Banquet TV. dinners for the 6 year old, they go on sale alot
here ,and she loves them. She likes other things such as hotdogs, we do alot
of dogs and Macaroni and cheese and Raman Noodles too. And as for my 11 year
old,, he doesn't like it till he sees it on my plate,Then he wants to taste
it.Guess he thinks it must not be too bad if mom is eating it.lol.
Here are some that I have luck with ,,,,,,
Cheesy Hasbrowns
1 bag (2 pounds) shredded hashbrown potatoes
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped, including tops
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Combine the potatoes,soups,sour cream,onions,and 2 cups of the cheese in a
lightly greased 9x13 baking pan, bake 350 for an hour
Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more, I use cream of Chicken
soup not mushroom, mine won't eat mushrooms either.

Hamburger Skillet

Ingredients:
1lb.hamburger
1c noodles of any kind
1can chunky Vegetable soup
1 1/2 to 2 1/2c water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook hamburger till all red is gone,drain
add soup,noodles and water to rib of skillet,cook till noodles are done need
to stir often so it don't stick simmer 20mins. and serve

Title: Mini Pizzas

anther recipe for the kids,or us BIG kids too!

Ingredients:
Hoggie buns cut in half
Pizza sauce
Shredded Cheese (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
Pepperoni ( if desired)

Directions:
Cut the buns in half,spread the sauce on each bun,add a some pepperoni's if
wanted.Top with the cheeses,Bake at 350 till cheese is melted.

HAMBURGER CASSEROLE

1 lb. browned ground chuck
1 8-oz can of tomato soup
1 cup of milk
1 bag of cooked egg noddles
8-12 American cheese slices

Mix the ground chuck, tomato soup, milk, and egg noodles.

Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish. Layer
with half of the cheese.

Repeat with the other half of the mixture and cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings.

this one if they like mixing their food together they should like this
then,,:))

Hamburger Pie

1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 10-oz can condensed tomato soup
1 15-oz can cut green beans
4-6 servings of mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded cheese (colby, cheddar, American, etc.)

Cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.

Combine soup and green beans with cooked meat.

Heat on medium/low for 10 minutes.

Pour beef mixture into very large pie pan.

Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.

Makes 4-6 servings.

I will look for others and send them too,, let us know what your family
thinks...