Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
(no subject)  donna o'donnell
 Feb 23, 2003 15:29 PST

--part1_1e7.2bf9632.2b89532c_boundary

I'm a new subscriber to Cookin4PickyEaters. I've found some helpful
information and ideas I will be sure to try. My food troubles with my sons
(ages 8 and 10) are a bit different from others I have read about. My older
son is not picky at all, with the exception of most meats. He is almost
always willing to try anything he sees us eating. My concern with him is
teaching him to make healthy choices and to learn life-long good eating
habits. He has a little difficulty maintaining a healthy weight-he was born
at 9.5 lb. and continues to have a big body build. We know he is going to be
heavy because of his frame (broad shoulders, thick waist and legs), but we
don't want him to be unhealthy.
My younger son is not only picky, but has many allergies and sensitivities.
He's unable to eat most dairy products and is afraid of having reactions to
unfamiliar foods, as he has had reactions to some foods and medications in
addition to his outdoor allergies. We know what he is comfortable with
eating, and try to encourage him to eat a balanced diet (for example, with
his dinner he has to have a vegetable or fruit and I let him choose which one
he wants). For anyone else out there with finicky kids, my younger son LIKES
veggie burgers, veggie hot dogs, and the soy-based veggie "ground beef". I
look forward to receiving more information and ideas from other subscribers!

--part1_1e7.2bf9632.2b89532c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I'm a new subscriber to Cookin4PickyEaters.  I've found some helpful information and ideas I will be sure to try.  My food troubles with my sons (ages 8 and 10) are a bit different from others I have read about.  My older son is not picky at all, with the exception of most meats.  He is almost always willing to try anything he sees us eating.  My concern with him is teaching him to make healthy choices and to learn life-long good eating habits.  He has a little difficulty maintaining a healthy weight-he was born at 9.5 lb. and continues to have a big body build.  We know he is going to be heavy because of his frame (broad shoulders, thick waist and legs), but we don't want him to be unhealthy.<BR>
My younger son is not only picky, but has many allergies and sensitivities.  He's unable to eat most dairy products and is afraid of having reactions to unfamiliar foods, as he has had reactions to some foods and medications in addition to his outdoor allergies.  We know what he is comfortable with eating, and try to encourage him to eat a balanced diet (for example, with his dinner he has to have a vegetable or fruit and I let him choose which one he wants).  For anyone else out there with finicky kids, my younger son LIKES veggie burgers, veggie hot dogs, and the soy-based veggie "ground beef".  I look forward to receiving more information and ideas from other subscribers!<BR>
</FONT>

</HTML>

--part1_1e7.2bf9632.2b89532c_boundary--