Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Re: Getting My kids to eat healthy foods....  Cindy Newell
 Feb 25, 2003 07:02 PST

------=_NextPart_000_96c_2534_637a

<P>Hi Lisa,</P>
<P>   I've been wanting to write back to thank you for taking the time to write some terrific ideas!  I must admit that it has given me the idea of trying some of the soy based products.  Actually, I have gotton one of my children to eat turkey dogs - but not the others....this type of thing adds to my frustration (where one will eat something healthy I buy but the other two won't!).</P>
<P>   I looked for the different flavors of soy milk and only saw chocolate....I wonder if we have them around this area - the supermarket I was in was one of the biggest ones in the area too.  What company/brand makes the flavors of soy milk?  Also, what region of the country do you live in?</P>
<P>    I do appreciate the ideas and will check out the family fun website when I get a chance!</P>
<P>     Regards,</P>
<P>       Cindy</P>
<P><BR><BR> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: Lisa Nutbrown <LNUTB-@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: Cookin4P-@topica.com
<DIV></DIV>>To: Cookin4P-@topica.com
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Getting My kids to eat healthy foods....
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:28:17 +0000
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>><< message3.txt >>

------=_NextPart_000_96c_2534_637a

<P><BR>Hi Cindy!</P>
<P>Wow....  your kids will eat applesauce?  LOL</P>
<P>I found some good recipes on <A href="http://www.familyfun.com">www.familyfun.com</A>.  I think they were under "Feeding your picky eater" or something like that.  I made the zucchini cookies, and both of my kids really liked them.  They taste like zucchini bread.  I'm going to try making the muffins next -- there's squash in them.  I don't like squash myself, so hopefully they're good.</P>
<P>I have also made another discovery:  soy milk.  Not the "it's supposed to taste like milk" kind, but in flavours, like tripleberry, orange sherbet, and orange-strawberry-mango.  Both of my kids really like them, and I bet they would make good popsicles in the summer.  It's not exactly inexpensive (I paid $3.99 for 2 litres), but considering how much food I end up throwing out because they won't eat it, it's worth the cost.  I've also bought soy hotdogs, soy bologna and flavoured tofu that has the consistency of mousse.  So far, nobody has noticed the difference.  I'm so glad I can put some nutrition into them without them noticing!  LOL</P>
<P>Try not to feel too badly.  Yes, it drives me nuts too, but hopefully the pickiness won't last forever.  I can accept the boys eating cereal for dinner.  There are worse things they could be having.   I try not to make too much of an issue of it, because I don't want to make it worse.  My younger son (4 1/2 years) is pretty adventurous with trying new food, but my older one (7 1/2) is not.  His school lunches consist of juice, pretzels, cheese strings, yogurt tubes, crackers, carrots and cookies.  At least I know he's getting calcium and one vegetable.</P>
<P>Good luck, and look for websites for cooking for picky kids.  There seems to be a pretty good number of them.  </P>
<P>Lisa.</P>
<P><BR> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial Black, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif"><FONT face="Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">Visit </FONT><A href="http://www.animalaide.org/">www.animalaide.org</A> <FONT face="Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">to</FONT> </FONT><FONT face="Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">make a donation, take a quiz, print colouring pages for the kids, or view the dogs and cats who need a loving home!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: Cindy Newell <GOLDFA-@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: Cookin4P-@topica.com
<DIV></DIV>>To: Cookin4P-@topica.com
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Getting My kids to eat healthy foods....
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:18:35 +0000
<DIV></DIV>>

------=_NextPart_000_96c_2534_637a--