Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Wild Food Foraging  Weed Lady
 Apr 15, 2003 16:34 PDT
I think ya'll might be interested in this one: a free subscription to
the Wild Food Foragers of America email newsletter. It's FREE.

Kids are natural gatherers, interested in their naming and labeling
their environment, and will be interested in eating things they have
harvested themselves. Furthermore, their observation skills are vastly
honed by learning to distinguish and name plants.

The first issue comes out on April 21st, 2003 and will feature how to
identify, harvest, prepare, and store THISTLES, which are growing all
over the USA right now.

Lots of info and photos will be presented on a different edible weed
every month, including a slide show, recipes, nutritional and medicinal
information, and links to other info.

Please check it out at http://www.wildfoodforagers.org, and please let
your friends and teachers know about this opportunity to learn about and
take advantage of the bounty of delicious edible weeds at our feet.

Standing knee deep in abundance!

The Weed Lady