Welcome Guest!
 PickyKids
Re: picky eater  Honey-@aol.com
 Sep 18, 2003 05:19 PDT

-------------------------------1063887537

Hello,I am a mom of four,Grandma of three,and I have my own preschool/
daycare.I have learned over the years that when I involve the kids in the whole
meal process they feel inpowered somehow and eat much better. The kids here
help prepare their lunch almost daily. It seems that the closer to food is in
it's natural state the more they like it. Meal time is also a social event for
them as I'm sure it is at school...though I'm sure much more limited time wise.
If they are sitting by kids whose parents have thrown in the towel and now
send junk food, they may be upset by the fact they haven't any.I always prepare
a nutritional must have meal..example....grilled chicken drumsticks(which
work well cold for lunches,oven fried potato wedges,rolls..then I cut up
veggies,and fresh fruits (oranges and watermelon,strawberries) ( carrots cucumbers
,kids also love black olives,which are a healthy fat and truly great finger
food)I sometimes make a dip,or salsa..You could send the little ranch cups along.
these guys love that they get to choose and will really eat.

Make your own lunchables..cut up cheese and meat send crackers instead of
bread..It looks more inviting and less ocerwhelming than a sandwhich.My kids also
love pizza..works well leftover for lunch.I use kid dinnerwear as well to
serve on.I suggest buying sponge bob sanwhich boxes or another type. I saw some
on ebay so it comes to mind(under tupperware). Kids also go through times of
less growth where they appear to be eating very little food. Doctors will tell
you kids will not starve themselves. Also keep portion sizes appropriate for
their age.Children can and will become overwhelmed by too much food and simply
not eat. I know how us Mom's Love to feed people! So, the night before , get
the kids involved in the lunch prep.The morning would be too stressful on you.
I also did the clothes the night before.Now they have those great days of the
week stackers that hang in the closet.Oh the battles I had with getting them
dressed! Always my youngest daughter. I'm surprised I'm not bald today. If I
can make any more suggestions let me know. I think Mom's should be more
supportive of each other and less critical. Sometimes as a Mom you feel all alone
with issues.Not all Dads are very effective in these matters. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type charset=UTF-8 content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting">Hello,I am a mom of four,Grandma of three,and I have my own preschool/  daycare.I have learned over the years that when I  involve the kids in the whole meal process they feel inpowered somehow and eat much better. The kids here  help prepare their lunch almost daily. It seems that the closer to food is in it's natural state the more they like it.  Meal time is also a social event for them as I'm sure it is at school...though I'm sure much more limited time wise. If they are sitting by kids whose parents have thrown in the towel and now send junk food, they may be upset by the fact they haven't any.I always prepare a  nutritional must have meal..example....grilled chicken drumsticks(which work well cold for lunches,oven fried potato wedges,rolls..then I cut up veggies,and fresh fruits (oranges and watermelon,strawberries) ( carrots cucumbers ,kids also love black olives,which are a healthy fat and truly great finger food)I sometimes make a dip,or salsa..You could send the little ranch cups along. these guys love that they get to choose and will really eat.                                                                                                  Make your own lunchables..cut up cheese and meat send crackers instead of bread..It looks more inviting and less ocerwhelming than a sandwhich.My kids also love pizza..works well leftover for lunch.I use kid dinnerwear as well to serve on.I suggest buying sponge bob sanwhich boxes or another type.  I saw some on ebay so it comes to mind(under tupperware). Kids also go through times of less growth where they appear to be eating very little food. Doctors will tell you kids will not starve themselves. Also keep portion sizes appropriate for their age.Children can and will become overwhelmed by too much food and simply not eat. I know how us Mom's Love to feed people! So, the night before , get the kids involved in the lunch prep.The morning would be too stressful on you. I also did the clothes the night before.Now they have those great days of the week stackers that hang in the closet.Oh the battles I had with getting them dressed! Always my youngest daughter. I'm surprised I'm not bald  today. If I can make any more suggestions let me know. I think Mom's should be more supportive of each other and less critical. Sometimes as a Mom you feel  all alone with issues.Not all Dads are very effective in these matters. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Kelly</FONT></BODY></HTML>