Welcome Guest!
 CHSC
Programs, etc.  Dan Strehl
 Oct 31, 2003 15:57 PST

CHSC-

Our next program will take place Saturday, November 8, at 10:30 am at
the Mark Taper Auditorium at the Central Library, 630 West Fifth Street.

Leo Pearlstein, a leading food publicist, will present the history of
Mrs. Cubbison, a southern California latina who became famous for baked
goods, including her stuffing mix, which many of us enjoy today.

His presentation will include photographs and vintage video clips. And
yes, stuffing tasting is on the menu.

Leo also will be signing copies of his book, "Celebrity Stew", which
covers fifty fascinating years of food publicity (Jayne Mansfield and
Turkeys!)

Also, I will be signing copies of my new book, "Encarnacions' Kitchen:
Mexican Recipes from 19th century California", just out from the
University of California Press.

If you know of sources for door prizes for our holiday party, please get
in touch with Glenous Absmeier at 310-547-5895.

Dan Strehl, Culinary Historians of Southern California and
Manager, Frances Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library
voice: 323-856-8264 email dstr-@lapl.org fax 323 467-5707