Welcome Guest!
 CHSC
Upcoming programs  Dan Strehl
 May 04, 2004 16:44 PDT

CHSC folk:

Our next program is this Saturday at 10:30 in the Central Library
Auditorium.

Ron Cooper will speak on "Mezcal Mystique", and guide us through this
popular southern Mexican beverage.

There will be a mezcal tasting/luncheon on Olvera Street right after the
program For details, contact Donna Yeakel at 626-794-4556. The easiest
way to get to Olvera Street from the Central Library is to exit the
parking structure making a left turn on Flower. Go south to Sixth Street
(1/4 block), and turn left again. Head east on Sixth until you reach
Main, and turn left (north). Go up Main until you go over the Hollywood
Freeway. After La Placita Church, there is a public parking lot on the
left, across from Olvera Street and El Pueblo Historic Monument.

On June 12th, I will be speaking on LAPL's Ibero-Mexican culinary
collection - from Robert de Nola to Rick Bayless. This lecture will give
an overview of the library's Spanish, Portugese, Mexican and American
holdings and how they relate to history of California cuisine.

10:30 in the Central Library auditorium.

Dan Strehl, Culinary Historians of Southern California and
Manager, Frances Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library
voice: 323-856-8270 email dstr-@lapl.org fax 323 467-5707