Welcome Guest!
 CHSC
uSED COOKBOOK SALE  Dan Strehl
 Aug 09, 2004 11:51 PDT

Food Folk:

It’s time to think about our 9th annual used cookbook slae, which will
be at the Hollywood Farmers Market on Sunday, August 22, from 8:00 am
until 1:00.

If you’d like to contribute some books you no longer need (or no longer
have room for), please call Billie Connor-Dominguez at 213-228-7201 if
downtown is convenient, or me at 323-856-8270 if Hollywood is easier.

If you’d like to volunteer at the event, please read the instructions
below.

Thanks,
Dan Strehl

August 5, 2004

Dear Book Sale Committee Members:

It’s that time again! We’ve scheduled the annual used cook book sale at
the Hollywood Farmer’s Market for Sunday, August 22, from 8:00-1:00 (or
until we sell out, if that comes first, as it did last year).

We will need to start setting up about 7:30. The sale spot will be at
the corner of Selma and Ivar in the center of the market (where we were
last year).

The market will supply some tables. We need to bring along some chairs,
the books, a shade, cash, receipts, etc. All of these are located at
the Hollywood Library: 1623 N. Ivar, Hollywood. This is one block west
of Vine and ½ block south of Hollywood. Ivar is closed for the market on
Sunday.

You can park in the library staff parking (enter at 1623 Cosmo, which is
an alley-like street one half-block west of Ivar or one half-block east
of Cahuenga). You must enter from Hollywood Boulevard.

We will need some muscle at the beginning to help roll the books from
the library down the alley to Selma. If you know anyone who fits this
category, please encourage them to join us early.

We need some cashiers, some people to keep the tables consolidated, and
to generally hawk the books to the meandering crowds.

And, we’ll need some help to clean up at the end.

Please give me (323-856-8270 w) or (323-462-1059 h) a call if you’re
able to help, and leave a
message as to when you’ll be there.

Hope to see you!

Dan Strehl
As a bonus— you get to do some great produce shopping! So bring a bag
and some cash.

Dan Strehl, Culinary Historians of Southern California and
Manager, Frances Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library
voice: 323-856-8264 email dstr-@lapl.org fax 323 467-5707