Welcome Guest!
 CHSC
Help on project  Dan Strehl
 Nov 17, 2004 13:08 PST

Hi,

I've met many of you at the LA Public LIbrary talks. I am working on a
book about the architect Wayne McAllister, who did so many of the
classic L.A. Drive-ins, restaurants and nightclubs of the '30s, '40s and
'50s. (Bob's, Simons, Hody's, Melody Lane, Mike Lyman's, Lawry's, etc.)

I am hitting up all the usual suspects (LAPL, USC, Wanamaker, Heimann) ,
but I thought I might put out the word and see if anybody else out there
was a collector of restaurant photos and ephemera. I'd love to hear from
you.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Chris Nichols
cnic-@lamag.com

Dan Strehl, Culinary Historians of Southern California and
Manager, Frances Howard Goldwyn Hollywood Regional Library
voice: 323-856-8264 email dstr-@lapl.org fax 323 467-5707