RE: Recipe request
Jul 25, 2000 13:29 PDT
I have not heard of Bullock's Dept. store, but I have had the Applebee's
Oriental Chicken Salad. Here is the recipe.
Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons rice winevinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
2-4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup red cabbage
1 cup Napa cabbage
1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
1 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1/3 cup chow mein noodles
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want
temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
2. Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with
electric mixer. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you
3. In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
4. In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and
5. Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of
first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each
6. Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has
7. Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red
cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
8. Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
9. Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
10. Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken
salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on
side. Makes 1 dinner-size salad.
| ||Bullock's Dept. Store in California before they became Macy's used to |
fabulous oriental chicken salad with a honey mustard dressing. If
knows how to make this I would appreciate it.