Welcome Guest!
 Daily Newsletter
RE: Recipe request  daily newsletter
 Jul 25, 2000 13:29 PDT
I have not heard of Bullock's Dept. store, but I have had the Applebee's
Oriental Chicken Salad. Here is the recipe.

Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad

Oriental Dressing:
      3 tablespoons honey
      1 1/2 tablespoons rice winevinegar
      1/4 cup mayonnaise
      1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
      1/8 teaspoon sesame oil

Salad:
      1 egg
      1/2 cup milk
      1/2 cup flour
      1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
      1 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon pepper
      1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
      2-4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
      3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
      1 cup red cabbage
      1 cup Napa cabbage
      1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
      1 green onion, chopped
      1 tablespoon sliced almonds
      1/3 cup chow mein noodles

   1. Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want
the
      temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.

   2. Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with
an
      electric mixer. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you
prepare
      the salad

   3. In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.

   4. In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and
pepper.

   5. Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of
chicken
      first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each
piece
      completely.

   6. Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has
darkened to
      brown.

   7. Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red
      cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.

   8. Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.

   9. Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.

10. Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken
onto the
      salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on
the
      side. Makes 1 dinner-size salad.

jsimon wrote:
 Bullock's Dept. Store in California before they became Macy's used to
serve a
fabulous oriental chicken salad with a honey mustard dressing. If
anyone
knows how to make this I would appreciate it.
Judi