Welcome Guest!
 DR Ray
Fwd: TIME--OSHO  tapan niyogi
 Jun 03, 2006 19:50 PDT
--0-31890570-1149384374=:74641

Matt Henderson <mus-@mindspring.com> wrote:   From: "Matt Henderson" <mus-@mindspring.com>
To: <Koden_Goju-Ryu_Ka-@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: TIME--OSHO
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 05:34:29 -0400

TIME-- OSHO

In Sanskrit we have the same word for both 'time' and 'death': kal. Sanskrit may be the only language in the whole world that has the same word for time and death. That's why it can be said truthfully that it is the only language transformed by the insight of the seers. In the last 10,000 years thousands of people in the East have become enlightened and they have changed the very structure of the Sanskrit language. They have given it the colour of their enlightenment, they have made words luminous, they have given them new meanings which cannot be given by unenlightened persons.
     Now to call time and death by the same name is a great insight. It is not a question of knowing linguistics, it is a question of experiencing something tremendously valuable.
     Time and death are the same; to live in time means to live in death. And the moment time disappears, death disappears. So when you are utterly silent, when no thought moves in your mind, time disappears. You cannot have any idea what time is. And the moment time disappears and the clock of your mind stops, suddenly you enter the world of the timeless, the eternal world, the world of the absolute.
     In an incident that is not reported in the New Testament but it is part of the Surfi tradition, a seeker asks Jesus: 'What will be the most significant thing in your Kingdom of God?' And the answer is amazing. Jesus says: 'Their shall be time no longer.' There will be no past, no future; there will be only present.
     And let me tell you that the present is not part of time. Of course in the schools, collages and the universities you have been taught again and again that time has three tenses - past, present & future. That is absolutely wrong according to those who know. Past and future are time, but the present is not time. The present belongs to eternity. Past and future belong to this world of the relative, the world of change. Between the two penetrates the beyond, the transcendental, and that is the present. Now is part of eternity.
     If you live in time, death is bound to happen. In fact, to say 'bound to happen' is not right - it is already happening. The moment a child is born he starts dying. It may take 70, 80 years, that's another matter. But however long it takes, the child dies- slowly, miserly, in installments, a little bit every day, ever hour- and goes on dying, dying, dying, until the process is complete. When you say that somebody has died today, don't be misguided by your statement. He has been dying for 80 years. Today the process is complete, that's all.
     The source of time and death is the mind. The mind is time, the mind is death. One aspect of the mind is time, another aspect of the mind is death. But through meditation, through watching the mind, you can leave death behind.
     The Upanishads call this process neti neti, neither this nor that. It is a process of elimination: 'I am not this - this body, this mind. Then who am I?' Eliminate the non-essential, put it aside, and go on eliminating the non-essential until only he essential is left.
     And what is the essential? How will you decide that only the essential is left? When there is nothing left to be denied, nothing left to be eliminated. Go on emptying your house; throw all the furniture out. When there is nothing left to be thrown out, then a great revelation happens: You gain immortality; the absolute arises in you and all its beauty and splendour, in all its ecstasy.

tkniyogi
http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-31890570-1149384374=:74641

<BR><BR><B><I>Matt Henderson <mus-@mindspring.com></I></B> wrote:   <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">From: "Matt Henderson" <mus-@mindspring.com><BR>To: <Koden_Goju-Ryu_Ka-@yahoogroups.com><BR>Subject: TIME--OSHO<BR>Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 05:34:29 -0400<BR><BR> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE>    <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#000080><STRONG>TIME-- OSHO</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#000080></FONT> </DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6><STRONG>I</STRONG>n Sanskrit we have the same word for both 'time' and 'death': <I>kal</I>. Sanskrit may be the only language in the whole world that has the same word for time and death. That's why it can be said truthfully that it is the only language transformed by the insight of the seers. In the last 10,000 years thousands of people in the East have become enlightened and
they have changed the very structure of the Sanskrit language. They have given it the colour of their enlightenment, they have made words luminous, they have given them new meanings which cannot be given by unenlightened persons. </FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   Now to call time and death by the same name is a great insight. It is not a question of knowing linguistics, it is a question of experiencing something tremendously valuable.</FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   Time and death are the same; to live in time means to live in death. And the moment time disappears, death disappears. So when you are utterly silent, when no thought moves in your mind, time disappears. You cannot have any idea what time is. And the moment time disappears and the clock of your mind stops, suddenly you enter the world of the timeless, the eternal world, the world of the absolute.</FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   In
an incident that is not reported in the New Testament but it is part of the Surfi tradition, a seeker asks Jesus: 'What will be the most significant thing in your Kingdom of God?' And the answer is amazing. Jesus says: 'Their shall be time no longer.' There will be no past, no future; there will be only present.</FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   And let me tell you that the present is not part of time. Of course in the schools, collages and the universities you have been taught again and again that time has three tenses - past, present & future. That is absolutely wrong according to those who know. Past and future are time, but the present is not time. The present belongs to eternity. Past and future belong to this world of the relative, the world of change. Between the two penetrates the beyond, the transcendental, and that is the present. Now is part of eternity.</FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   If you live in time,
death is bound to happen. In fact, to say 'bound to happen' is not right - it is already happening. The moment a child is born he starts dying. It may take 70, 80 years, that's another matter. But however long it takes, the child dies- slowly, miserly, in installments, a little bit every day, ever hour- and goes on dying, dying, dying, until the process is complete. When you say that somebody has died today, don't be misguided by your statement. He has been dying for 80 years. Today the process is complete, that's all. </FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   The source of time and death is the mind. The mind is time, the mind is death. One aspect of the mind is time, another aspect of the mind is death. But through meditation, through watching the mind, you can leave death behind.</FONT></DIV> <DIV align=justify><FONT size=6>   The <I>Upanishads</I> call this process <I>neti neti</I>, neither this nor that. It is a process of elimination: 'I
--0-31890570-1149384374=:74641--