Welcome Guest!
 DR Ray
Fwd: Quote_A_Day: Putting Our World In Perspective  tapan niyogi
 Nov 03, 2006 17:56 PST

CharityFocus <clu-@charityfocus.org> wrote: Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 05:49:01 -0800
From: CharityFocus <clu-@charityfocus.org>
Subject: Quote_A_Day: Putting Our World In Perspective
To: doctor-@yahoo.co.uk

      If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. --Buddha

Fact of the Day:
The magnititude of the world can be overwhelming. How massive is the number of impoverished people? What percentage of the overall population lives in urban areas? How vast is the threat of AIDS? It's hard to put things in perspective when the numbers are so large. The Miniature Earth gives a clear vista by reducing the global population to only 100, while keeping statistics the same. The effect enables us to see the differences on our planet more clearly, and perhaps consider how our actions can impact humanity. Where do you live in the smaller community? In the project's final words: "Appreciate what you have. And do your best for a better world." [ more ]

Be The Change:
Can one act of friendliness start to generate peace? Ivory Harlow believes it can. Read her reflections as a waitress in Texas, featured on NPR's "This I Believe" essay collection. [ more ]

        Share A Reflection!

archives | unsubscribe | write us

a service of CharityFocus
41702 subscribers     Rate: