Welcome Guest!
 Graphic Novels
Comic Book Checkouts  Kris Bell
 Nov 03, 1999 12:17 PST
Greetings!

I was just wondering how everyone handles circulation of comic books (not
necessarily trade paperbacks or graphic novels that could be barcoded and
shelved)...At a library I used to work at, we had a few subscriptions
and just put them out on browsing shelves...of course they were
stolen, multilated, and quickly disappeared. Do you just chalk it up as a
loss (well, loss to the library and gain to patrons) or do you try to
control it somehow by requiring them to be checked out or holding them
behind a desk to be asked for and then returned? It seems if you could
hang on to them, they could be bound after a year and then shelved with
other graphic novels?

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments??
Thanks,
Kris