Welcome Guest!
 H2OPower
Climate change DVD to be distributed to all secondary
schools
 Mike Johnston
 Feb 05, 2007 13:33 PST
[http://www.publictechnology.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7633]

Note: Imagine that, in England (any many other parts of the world) kids
are being taught real science. They are learning to observe the world
around them and to make deductions based on those observations. Here in
the U.S. meanwhile we are teaching our kids (and most adults too) that
Climate Change is just some sort of "vague" possibility being forced
into the gullible by evil Liberals. Of course we now know that Exxon
paid large sums of money to deliberately skew evidence on Climate
Change in order to keep it as "vague" as possible and, more recently,
that the White House used it's influence to do the same thing...

MJ
Publictechnology.net : The powerful Al Gore film "An Inconvenient
Truth" will form part of a pack on climate change sent to every
secondary school in England, says Department of Education & Skills
Environment Secretary David Miliband and Education Secretary Alan
Johnson.It's a good use of communications technology to get across a
key message to a target audience group.The DVD will go to 3,385
secondary schools in England. It will be part of a Sustainable Schools
year of action to support all schools to become models of sustainable
best practice. Other tools and support being produced include teacher
resource packs, a pupil "detective kit", guidance for bursars and
governors and a new Teaching award.The film documents former US Vice
President Al Gore's personal mission to highlight the issues
surrounding global warming and inspire actions to prevent it.Mr
Miliband said:"The debate over the science of climate change is well
and truly over, as demonstrated by the publication of today's report by
the IPCC. Our energies should now be channelled into how we respond in
an innovative and positive way in moving to a low carbon future."I was
struck by the visual evidence the film provides, making clear that the
changing climate is already having an impact on our world today, from
Mount Kilimanjaro to the Himalayan mountains.

--
Posted By Mike Johnston to H2OPower at 2/05/2007 04:06:00 PM