Welcome Guest!
 H2OPower
Greenpeace: "Help Us Save 945 Whales"  Mike Johnston
 Feb 08, 2007 08:40 PST
Dear friend,

As I write from the Greenpeace ship Esperanza, heading to face the
Japanese whaling fleet in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary to stop
them from killing 945 whales, I need to ask you to help us from your
own home.

Last year we managed to stop the whalers from killing 82 whales by
putting ourselves between the whales and the harpoons.

While it is vital to stand in the line of fire, what we are doing here,
in the Southern Ocean Sanctuary, will not be enough to save all the
whales forever!

We urgently need you to take action from wherever you are.

Campaign with us. Call the Danish embassy in your country and tell the
Danish government not to attend the so-called "Normalisation" meeting
that Japan is holding next month in Tokyo.

IN JUST A FEW DAYS' TIME THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT WILL BE HOLDING A
SO-CALLED "NORMALISATION" MEETING IN TOKYO, IN THE HOPE THAT THEY CAN
PERSUADE MORE COUNTRIES TO AGREE TO A RETURN TO FULL COMMERCIAL
WHALING. THE MORE COUNTRIES THAT GO, THE MORE THE JAPANESE OFFICIALS
WILL CREATE THE ILLUSION THAT THE WORLD WANTS WHALING BACK.

DENMARK IS ONE COUNTRY THAT IS PLANNING TO GO TO THIS MEETING.

Please, call the Danish ambassador now. Tell them to ask their
government NOT to attend the 13th February Normalization meeting in
Tokyo and to strongly oppose commercial whaling.

You'll find the phone number, who to ask for, what to say, and all the
information you need on Magrite's campaign on our I-GO Site"

After you make the call, please let us know. Leave a comment here at
Magrite's campaign thread about your experience, so others know what
you've done.

Thousands of Greenpeace supporters around the world are contacting
Danish embassies in dozens of countries - please join in! To get more
involved in the campaign, visit our cool new I-GO site.

Remember 945 whales are waiting for your help!

Sincerely,SARA HOLDENGreenpeace International CommunicationsFrom the
Esperanza

P.S. Remember we are supporting Magrite as a volunteer campaigner, you
can be one too! Start your own campaign today! Join the Biggest Crew
Ever!

P.P.S. You can save whales. Click here now to tell Denmark to Defend
the Whales!

--
Posted By Mike Johnston to H2OPower at 2/08/2007 08:42:00 AM