Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
    All Messages Next Message
 Aug 13, 2001 15:47 PDT
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
8/14/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* True Experiences
* Media Listings
* Upcoming Events

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

    I have to announce the end of The Hauck Report. It has now become
The Haunted Places Report. As noted by the new name, our primary focus
will be on ghost and hauntings. The change is being made due to the
numerous requests and suggestions from our readers. The change will also
better reflect the subject matter of the Haunted Places website (
"http://www.Haunted-Places.com" ). Those of you with an account at
Topica will already notice the new name in your “list you’ve joined”
section. There is no need for you to do anything , we will automatically
move everyone to the new list within the next few months, you will
continue to receive the newsletter uninterrupted.
   We’ve been working with several writers and paranormal investigation
groups from the U.S. and Europe in order to bring our readers a wider
coverage of ghosts and hauntings. This issue contains a story by one of
those writers, Brandy Stark. I’m sure you’ll enjoy her story and we look
forward to featuring more of them.
   As you may of noticed in past issues, our Upcoming Events and Media
sections have been greatly expanded. There are many great books coming
up in our Book Review section. Among the authors who books will be
reviewed are Troy Taylor, Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Ed Okonowicz, and Neil
Burns.
   A new section entitled “Who’s Who in the Paranormal World” will be
highlighting different people from the world of ghost hunting. We hope
to feature not only well known people but also the not so well known.
And, of course, we keep the Haunted Site of the Month section. Also, I’d
like to feature a ghost hunting tips section that will allow everyone to
share any of their tips or advice with others.
   If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or comments about our change
please send them to Haunted-@neo.rr.com .

***
   Dennis William Hauck regrets to announce that the international
conference on Mystical Egypt and the Path to Immortality that was to be
held in Cairo, Egypt, from November 6 to 11 is being cancelled due to
the tension in the area.
   Dennis does have an up coming lecture in Sacramento, Ca. in October.
Please see the upcoming events section for more information.

***
In our last issues we asked for your comments and/or experiences with
psychics. Here are a few of the responses we received:

From Dragonnest at: DRAGO-@webtv.net -

   Well, I was raised in the South and had a couple of family members
who dabbled in this type of stuff. The ones who didn't dabble were
always off and going to "have their fortunes told". The "fortune
tellers" readcards, tea leaves, coffee grounds and palms.
   I've seen more than one of them be accurate and do believe in the
ability itself. However, if the question is in regards to all "phone
line psychics"being real or not, I don't think they are. Every reader I
was ever around had to have assistance such as shuffle the cards or pour
the tea or turn the grounds. The person being read for had to have their
"aura" on a physical object for the psychic to read from. I am not
convinced that any of these "call up types" are real and I am not about
to waste my hard earned dollars on them. I'll go up the street and set
face to face with my reader, thank you very much.

From Wade at: pimpdadd-@hotmail.com -

   If they have a hotline, then they aren't for real.

From Belle at: BluBe-@aol.com

   I don't like be to called a "psychic". The reason is because of all
the unscrupulous people out there that have taken advantage of the
desperate or grieving. I prefer to be called a "sensitive". How can you
tell if a person is truly gifted? They will give you specifics...tell
you things that they couldn't possibly have known. Those that will tell
you the future, will tell you that it can all change. That it is just
the path you are on now. The only one that has control over the future
is you. Every decision you make will change your path.
   I realize that a lot of people make their living doing this work.
However, I do consider it a gift from God (or whoever your Higher Power
is) and that one should not charge money for this work. Another thing to
remember is that, one that is a true sensitive will admit freely that
they can be wrong. There's a certain humility that goes with this gift
(or curse, sometimes). Just be very careful. Use good judgment.

***

   Have you written paranormal related book, newsletter or sell a
paranormal related product that you would like to see reviewed in the
Haunted Places Report? Contact us at “ Haunted-@neo.rr.com “ about
doing a review. Our newsletter reaches over 1400 subscribers and news
groups worldwide!

***
   Do you have a favorite paranormal website? How about sharing it with
others? Send us the URL and if we feature it in the Hauck Report, that
site will be awarded the "Hauck Report Haunted Website of the Month"
award. We ask that you only recommend non-commercial sites; not sites
that are selling a product or service. Sites that include a page to sell
their club shirts, cups, etc... are eligible to win the award.

_________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________

This was received from Dave Juliano of The Shadowlands at:
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/index.htm -

This a portion of an email I received Monday:
   On July fourth this cemetery was completely ransacked with all the
urns broken, flags burned and all the stones had been kicked over and
many smashed beyond repair including my brother’s and my dad’s
gravestones. Many of these gravestones were well over 100 years old with
no relatives left to replace the broken stones. It is simply a quite
little cemetery in the country where neighbors and family are at rest.
   We are offering a $500.00 reward for information leading to the
arrest of the vandals who did the damage to our cemetery. This is not
the first time this has happened but, was only on a much larger scale
this time. Can you please help us to stop this from happening again. We
would appreciate what ever you can do for us. Thank you.

   Pioneers Rest Cemetery aka Bantley Graveyard, Canton, Wisconsin is
the cemetery that was vandalized. If you know anything you about this
please contact the Barons County Sheriff's Department.
   There is $500 Reward Offered for information leading to the arrest
and conviction of those who vandalized the Pioneers Rest Cemetery on the
night of July 4th. Please call 715-537-3106 or 1-800-532-9008.

***

Editor’s note: This just happened in a cemetery very close to my home:

VANDAL IN PICKUP SMASHES WAY THROUGH CEMETERY
By LARRY SHIELDS
Salem News Staff Writer ( Issue date: Thursday, August 9, 2001 )
FRANKLIN SQUARE — Salem Township police are looking for the driver of a
pickup truck who knocked over four grave markers, including one of a
Civil War veteran, at the Franklin Square Cemetery recently. Constable
Dan Valentine and Trustee Chairman John Wilms said they can’t imagine
the damage being done by anything other than a truck. Valentine measured
the vehicles track at six feet and tire marks on the upended markers
indicate it was pickup. The vehicle had to sustain substantial
undercarriage damage, Wilms said, adding a piece of suspension, possibly
a lower control arm with a ball joint, was torn off the vehicle. There
was no glass or vehicle body components left at the scene, something
which, Wilms said, would surely have occurred with a car because of its
height. The damage was discovered early Wednesday morning when the
cemetery was being mowed. Valentine said the vehicle was eastbound on
Salem-Grange Road when it turned left just west of the entrance and
drove over a ditch into the old section of the cemetery heading north,
turned west and ran over a small marker before squarely knocking a
four-foot high by two-foot across by 8-inch wide stone nine feet from
its platform. Nora Rock of Logue Monument in Salem said a stone that
size weighs 960 pounds. The vehicle continued west and slammed into the
stone of Sarah and William Burcaw, a Civil War veteran who served with
the 11 Cavalry.
That stone measured 3 feet-six inches by 1-foot 4 inches on a 10-inch
based and according to Rock weighed 545 lbs. The vehicle then turned
south and ran squarely over a three-foot high stump where the ball joint
was ripped out. “It wasn’t enough to disable him,” said Wilms. A plastic
ice scrapper was also found near the stump. The vehicle then continued
south and left the cemetery. “Somebody knows something,” Valentine said.
“These were direct center shots. The big stones were dead center and
there were no skid marks.”
Said Wilms, “There’s nothing where he tried to avoid anything. They came
off the road, through a ditch and onto the cemetery, no way was it a
car, it would have smashed the oil pan or something.”
Both Valentine and Wilms found it hard to believe the vehicle didn’t
sustain substantial undercarriage damage and were hopeful any repair
shop servicing that kind of damage may help township officials out.
Said Valentine, “They can do some strange things here but driving a
pickup through a cemetery? We understand kids doing things, throwing
eggs, but there’s no reason to attack a cemetery.”
He said anyone with any information should call him at (330) 427-0808.
Names will be kept confidential.
“We need to catch these people,” Wilms said.
Wilms said repairing the damage will cost about $500 and keep a crew
busy for an entire day.

TRUCK PART OFFERS VANDALISM CLUE
BY Larry Shields
Salem News staff writer ( Issue date: Friday, August 10, 2001 )
FRANKLIN SQUARE
   Salem Township police are tracking, down several leads on the
vandalism at the Franklin Square Cemetery that knocked over four
markers, including one of a Civil War veteran and one weighing 960
pounds.
   "We're going to solve this Constable Dan Valentine said, adding
Leetonia police officer Mike Sinkovich has been assisting him.
   A piece of undercarriage was left at the scene and Valentine said
they identified the part as a sway bar disconnector for a 1987 to
1995Jeep Wrangler. "It's a specific part for one that has an extension
kit or lift kit. It has between a two to four-inch lift,"Valentine
said, adding it fits a two to six-inch extension kit.
Valentine said narrowing it down is a big help. "Before we were
lookingfor anything, a raised pickup, monster truck, anything," he said,
"We still have several more leads to follow up on."
   The public can still help, he said, asking if anyone knows someone
with a 1987 to 1995 Jeep Wrangler that has been put away for a few days,
or shows front end damage, to give him a call. The Jeep would most
likely have a push bar in front, he said, because there were no fluids
left behind indicating there was no radiator
damage.
   Valentine also made an appeal to whoever did it saying he would be
more sympathetic if they turnedthemselves in and showed some remorse,
rather having to track them down."I could work with them better through
the judicial system," he said
   Richardson Monument in Lisbon offered to reset and align the downed
markers.

***

   Here is a short write up to introduce you to a writer who is new to
The Haunted Places Report. Her first submission appears in this issue.

   Brandy Stark lives in St. Petersburg and graduated in August 2000
with her Masters in Religious Studies, studying formative Christianity
and Greek/Roman paganism. Brandy wrote extensively on the role of ghosts
and ghost stories throughout ancient history, from the Gilgamesh epic
through to the Central High Middle Ages.
   She co-founded the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. of St. Petersburg in October of
2000. The team has gone on over 15 hunts together, exploring haunted
areas in West and Central Florida. The team has also attended ghost
hunting workshops together, and many of the members have prior
experiences with the paranormal.
   In addition, Brandy is a freelance writer whose credits include
Psychic-Tymes.com, an ezine dedicated to the paranormal. She created
wrapped wire metal sculptures of mythological beings. Currently, Brandy
also teaches art and creative writing at Creative Clay.

You can visit her website at:
"http://starkimages.homestead.com/Home.html" and her paranormal research
group’s website at: "http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"

____________

FEATURED ARTICLE
____________

This was written and submitted by one of our new writers, Brandy Stark
at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us   -

Investigated by Brandy Buchanan, Lee and Karen West, and Shelly Provost
November 19, 2000.
Originally published in Bayside News, Jan. 2001 ed.

   Artist Ethelyn Woodlock is a vibrant and energetic woman for her 93
yearsof life. Ethelyn's home, like her life, is a museum of her works.
Additionally, Ethelyn is a psychic artist.She has experienced life in a
haunted house in New Jersey and has interacted with ghosts through her
paintings, some of which are housed, in her Largo home. The local ghost
investigation team, consisting of Karen and Lee West, Shelley Provost,
and Brandy Buchanan toured Ms. Woodlock's home and examined her
paintings.
   Ethelyn first experienced ghosts in 1952 when she and her family, her
husband and two daughters, moved into a Victorian house in New Jersey.
Ethelyn researched her home and found out the house was reputed to be
haunted. The most prominent ghost was that of a young girl named Rose.
Rose was about 16 years old when she died. She had fallen in love with a
man and had become pregnant. Her aunt, in a rage, condemned her for her
indiscretion and filled the young girl with so much remorse that Rose
committed suicide by jumping out of her bedroom window. Rose haunted the
home from that time onward. The cruel aunt also haunted the house, an
angry presence that also appeared in one of Ethelyn's paintings.
   "Rose appeared in my painting ECHOING FOOTSTEPS, but was not
paintedconsciously. I had made the frame to look like the doorway to
what used to be Rose's room in the Victorian home. We had heard Rose
walking there many times. Rose manifested in the wallpaper painting in
the picture. Wanting no definite design, I had painted wallpaper in
muted greens and grays and had been sloppy about it. Rose appears with
deep-set eyes, bangs, golden brown hair, and a small mouth. The breasts
and one arm show, her hands are hidden," Ethelyn said. "The aunt is also
in the painting as a profile in the doorway
painted at the top of the stairs."
   Ethelyn enlisted the aid of the churches, who prayed for Rose, but
she still remained unable to cross over to the other side. So, Ethelyn
took matters into her own hands. Calling upon her intuitive side, having
been coached by friends of hers, and studying on her own, Ethelyn
decided to give Rose what she wanted so desperately in her life: a
family. Taking brush in hand, she began to paint Rose into a family
portrait with Jody, her love, and two children.
   "She was the lady of the house, part of the family. This was her wish
come true," Ethelyn explained. "I had always said that if Rose went to
Heaven she would let me know. And so she did. In ECHOING FOOTSTEPS,
where Rose first appeared, her mouth changed. She smiled. I think she
took the road to Heaven because I painted her in a happy state, with the
husband and children she wished to
have."
   The painting of Rose in ECHOING FOOTSTEPS presently hangs on
Ethelyn's wall at her home. The ghost investigation team was able to see
this painting and scan it for traces of residue energy. Neither the
Electro-Magnetic Field (EMF) meter nor the heat-sensitive sensors found
any.
   However, Rose was not the only ghost Ethelyn helped to cross over to
the other side. A friend of hers had a ghost who, at one point, tried to
attack the friend. Again, the artist took up brush and painted for a
ghost. "I painted a tunnel, and I took it to her house. I put the
painting down and I said 'There is the tunnel to the other side. You
need to go now.' I showed him the light and he left."
   Though Ethelyn had only a print of this painting two scans revealed
that the print held some form of EMF energy both when it was hanging on
the wall and leaning against a chair. The investigative team took it to
the middle of Ethelyn's living room to scan the painting again. Ethelyn
was also out of the room. Nothing manifested for the third scan.
   Could it be that since she is no longer in her Victorian home the
ghosts no longer reside within her paintings? Were the images mere
coincidences? Or were they real ghosts she helped cross fully to the
other side? There may be more to this artist's talents than meets the
eye.

Three of the paintings may be view at:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/EthelynWoodlock.html"

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From the BBC:
An Unexplained Mystery
Reported by Daniel Schweimler in Madrid
As one of the region's better known tourist attractions - or as some
would have it - one of the great unexplained mysteries of all time - the
faces of B_ez are not very well promoted. A few sporadic signposts on
the road from the southern Spanish city of Jaen mark the way.
The town of B_ez de la Moraleda - set high in the mountains of
Andalusia and surrounded by olive groves - is always quiet, but on a
Sunday morning it is deadly. A group of about 20 old men sat in the
town-square, muttering to one another, smoking or looking at the ground.

When I asked one of them where I could find the faces at least eight of
them began giving directions. In a maze of narrow, cobbled streets
around the church - muffled voices from dark doorways gave me further
directions if I showed any sign of hesitancy. Finally I arrived at a
small whitewashed cottage.
An Apparition :
The front door was open so I entered and found an old lady in an
armchair watching a religious service on television. "Las Caras, the
faces?" I asked. "Can I see them?" She waved me into the small,
sparsely-furnished front room and continued watching television. I
looked at the floor where I'd been told the faces would be. And as soon
as my eyes had become accustomed to the dim lighting, I quite clearly
saw the face of a young woman.
It was faint at first but gradually the definition and the details
became clearer. It was a sad face. There were others - some clear, some
not so clear. Images of old men and children deeply ingrained in the
cement floor.
A nun arrived to treat an ailment the old woman was suffering from, so
I apologized for the intrusion and left.
I could have been looking at paintings cleverly rubbed into the stone
floor. But a stream of scientists have been to the house, taken away
chunks of floor, applied every test available to them and discounted
that theory.
The faces of Belmez have been a mystery ever since the old woman,
Mar_G__ C_ra, saw the first image appear in her kitchen in August 1971.
She ran to tell the neighbors who were so disturbed that one of them
chopped the image out with a pickaxe - only to see it re-appear shortly
afterwards. More faces appeared and word spread.
First came the journalists and television film crews, then the religious
and political authorities.
Explanations:
The faces of B_ez became known all over Spain and on some days up to
5,000 people would line up outside Maria's small house for a look at
this strange apparition.
Many explanations were suggested - it was some kind of religious
intervention, a neighbor's son - a talented artist - was doing the
drawings late at night as a joke, they were the product of some kind of
radioactive leak.
What was known for sure was that the house was built in the 1830s over
what had been a Christian cemetery. Before that it was a Muslim burial
site and before that the Romans had lain their dead there.
The local church and political authorities were keen to put an end to
the disruption caused by the growing number of visitors to the town.
They were also uneasy about the fact they couldn't explain the
phenomenon and sought to have the faces declared a fraud as soon as
possible.
A 24-hour police guard was put on the house and any suspicious
characters seen entering were questioned. Experts were brought in from
Madrid to try to find out what materials the faces were made from, to
analyze the stone floor, to check the earth beneath the house.
Believers and disbelievers:
As news spread, members of religious cults, believers in
extra-terrestrials and just the plain eccentric arrived in their
hundreds.
Some observers, especially among local people, were convinced from the
start that the faces were a fraud and someone was making money from
them. Others said that the owners of the house, Maria and her ailing
husband, Juan - simple farm-workers - were unable to read or write, let
alone fool the scientific establishment.
All Maria appears to have gained is a new kitchen - built by the local
authorities since so many visitors were walking through the original
kitchen - where the faces first appeared - that her family went days
without eating. In the 28 years since Maria saw the first face neither
the believers nor the disbelievers have come up with conclusive proof to
back their case.
Experts:
Germ_de Argumosa is a Madrid-based parapsychologist who has
investigated the case in depth and while he doesn't have the answers, is
convinced it is not a fraud. He has brought in experts from around the
world. One of them, Professor Hans Bender from Germany, called the faces
of B_ez "without doubt the most important paranormal phenomenon this
century."
Leading the case for the skeptics is Jos_uis Jord_Pe__ho is convinced
it is nothing more than a joke played between neighbors which got out of
hand in a boring town. The faces, he says, have been impregnated into
the cement floors using a mixture of soot and vinegar. Detailed analysis
found traces of both. Of course, say the believers - soot and vinegar
traces will be found on any kitchen floor in the region if one looks
hard enough.
As I walked back past the men who had given me directions, one of them
stopped me. "Did you see the faces? What did you think?" he asked. "Did
she show you the face of General Franco under the table?" No, I replied.
"Ah, that's because you didn't pay her - she wants money before she
shows that one," he explained conspiratorially before rejoining his
friends.
Did the men then laugh at another visitor attracted by a simple but
effective hoax? A hoax that's put the otherwise uninteresting town of
B_ez de la Moraleda on the map. Or are the faces of B_ez really one of
the great unexplained mysteries. I know what I was looking at but am not
really sure what I saw. If anyone does know the secret, it's
Mar_Gom_C_ra - and she's certainly not telling.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

Submitted by 10 year old Kristy at: Email address not published due to
age of submitter. -

My parents, my sisters and brothers were asleep. I was the only one
awake in my house and I was very tired so I went to bed. I than heard
voices in the kitchen, it was a guy and a girl talking and singing. I
also heard the refrigerator door open and it sounded like they took out
some of my dad's beer . I got out my bed and went to the kitchen. There
I saw a misty shape of a guy and a girl then they were gone! The next
morning I looked in the refrigerator and two beer bottles were gone! I
asked my mom and dad if they were up last night they said “No’ they were
sleeping”. I than got very, very scared!

***

Submitted by Asha52 at: Ash-@aol.com -

   I was at a friend's house in Waynesboro, MS and we were setting up a
picture to make it appear as if a ghost were in the house. We hung a
wedding gown from the ceiling and made it look like a ghostly bride was
floating down the hallway.
   I used a Polaroid camera to take a picture of it. When it developed a
few moments later, we were looking at it and noticed something out of
the unusual. A reflection in one of the picture frames was that of a
young woman. There is no picture of a young woman on that wall. She was
smiling in this picture and looked to be in her early twenties.
   I didn't believe what I had seen, but two more friends from where I
live visited with my friend a few months later. They would not enter the
house because they had felt so many presences there. I have never known
these two to lie, so there has to be something in there.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Want to Spend the Ultimate Halloween Night?

   Author & Ghost Hunter Troy Taylor has secured the haunted Avon
Theatre in Decatur, Illinois for the ultimate Halloween Ghost Hunting
Adventure! A few lucky visitors will have the chance to get signed up
for an all-night paranormal investigation of the Avon!
   For the first time ever, a group of ghost hunter will be able to
prowl the dark hallways and auditorium of the theater in a all-night
search for the legendary theater's myriad of haunts! Led by Troy Taylor
and the American Ghost Society, investigators will be able to
experience this spirited spot by themselves! Will you be among the lucky
few to Join in the hunt for the Avon's ghosts?
   The evening begins at 8:00 on Halloween Night and lasts until the sun
comes up the following day! Attendees must arrive at the starting time
for the event and if they are too
afraid to spend the night and leave the theater, the door locks behind
them! No one who departs from the building will be able to return that
night!
   The evening will include a presentation on the history of the Avon
Theatre and a chronology of the theater's haunting, presented by Troy
Taylor, author of the book "Flickering Images: History & Hauntings of
the Avon Theatre" and president of the American Ghost Society. Following
this, Taylor will also be conducting tours of the
theater and then a presentation on conducting paranormal investigations.
This session will feature ghost photography, equipment demonstrations
and how-to use ghost detection devices.
   Then, at midnight, the attendees will be divided into teams and the
investigation of the theater will begin! And while we cannot guarantee
that anything supernatural will occur during the evening... the Avon has
long been regarded as one of the region's most
haunted spots! This may be your chance to meet one of the Avon's ghosts
face-to-face!

What to Bring to Haunted Halloween at the Avon:
- Flashlight
- Notebook and Pen
- Camera and plenty of film
- Video Camera (optional)
- Any Ghost Hunting Equipment that You want to Bring

   Admission to the Event Includes All-Night access to the Theater and
to the Presentations on History & Hauntings, Tour of the Theater, Access
to the Paranormal Investigations,
plus:
Copy of Troy Taylor's book "Flickering Images" OR
Copy of "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" OR
$10 off any Ghost Detection Equipment in our catalog OR
a $10 Gift Certificate to the Catalog to be used at a later time!

This is not "Fear" or "Scariest Places on Earth"... this time the
participant is YOU and what happens is REAL!

Sign up now at <https://www.prairieghosts.com/avon31.html>

***

DelMarVa Ghost/History Gathering
October 6, 2001

HISTORY and HAUNTS-UFOs-HAUNTED ANTIQUES-
PROPERTY RECORD RESEARCH-PARANORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY-PLUS A GUIDED EVENING
CEMETERY TOUR

   These topics and more will be featured at the first annual DelMarVa
Ghost/History Gathering, to be held at the start of the Halloween
season, on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m., in North East, Md.
In-person registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Crystal Inn, conveniently
located off Interstate 95 on Maryland Route 272. The day-long event
includes experienced speakers, fascinating topics and a panel
discussion, then ends with a guided Cemetery/History Tour-presented by
conference hosts Ed Okonowicz and Mike Dixon. SEATING IS LIMITED, make
your reservations EARLY. Cost is $45 per person.

Conference Schedule:

8-9 a.m. Registration - Crystal Inn lobby (Morning refreshments, such as
coffee, orange juice, tea, fruit and cheese filled Danish will be
provided.)

9:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions - Ed Okonowicz, author of Spirits
Between the Bays series and regional storyteller; and Mike Dixon,
historian, Historical Society of Cecil County, columnist and noted
lecturer

9:30-10:15 a.m. History, Haunts and Ghost Hunting Experiences - Ed
Okonowicz, author, ghost writer and storyteller, who will share unusual
incidents and behind-the-scene experiences while writing his ghost
stories.

10:15-11:15 a.m. Spirit Photography and How to Capture Ghosts on Film -
Rick Fisher, founder and director of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters
Society and a nationally recognized ghost hunter and researcher from
Lancaster, Pa., will provide examples and practical instruction.

11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Do You Have a Haunted Antique? - John Klisavage, a
paranormal consultant and owner of Washington Street Books and Antiques
in Havre de Grace, Md., will share his insight and experiences with
haunted objects.

12:30-2 p.m. Lunch on your own

2-3 p.m. UFOs, Aliens, Abductions and More - George Reynolds, director
of the Mutual UFO Network Northeast Maryland Chapter, noted
archaeologist and an experienced UFOlogist, will present a program on
subjects that are "out of," and increasingly becoming part of, this
world.

3-3:45 p.m. Researching Your Old Haunted House or Land - Mike Dixon,
will tell us how to unearth the history of unusual events that may have
occurred at a site-such as a murder, suicide, or other types of
tragedies. Learn to use such public records as wills, property
documents, marriage and courthouse records and death certificates. An
excellent way to search for and find the "reason" for your unusual
activity.

4-4:45 p.m. Paranormal Panel - Audience questions will be directed to
all of the speakers, plus Jim Gerleve, who will demonstrate ghost
photography that evening after the cemetery walk.

5-6:30 p.m. Dinner on your own

6:30 p.m. Assemble - at England's Colony on the Bay gift shop for the
evening's guided Cemetery Walk

7 p.m. Guided Cemetery/History Walk - includes details on local history,
burial practices, tombstone architecture and a demonstration of ghost
hunting photography by Jim Gerleve of Conowingo, Md., a member of the
Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society and Inner Circle of the International
Ghost Hunters Society. (Bring your digital or 35 mm camera with flash.)

SPECIAL GHOST CONFERENCE ROOM RATES have been arranged at $79 per night
(a $50 savings) A limited number of rooms have been reserved. When
making a reservation, be sure to mention you are attending the ghost
conference to get the special rate. The Crystal Inn's toll free number
is 1-800-631-3803.

For more information about the conference or to request a brochure, send
Ed an e-mail message at ed-@udel.edu or call him at (410) 398-5013.

***

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S MOST HAUNTED: A lecture/slide presentation
focusing on haunted locations in northern California will be presented
by Dennis William Hauck at the Learning Exchange on Friday, October 26,
from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. $35. The Learning Exchange, 650 Howe Ave., Ste.
600, Sacramento, CA 95825. To register, call (916) 929-9200 or fax (916)
929-0806. Website: "http://www.LearningExchange.com".

***

UPCOMING EVENTS WITH THE CAPITAL GHOST FORUM:

NEW CUMBERLAND GHOST WALK I'm happy to announce that we will be doing a
ghost walk in conjunction with the merchants in downtown New Cumberland
this year the weekend of Oct. 19-20. I am incorporating the towns
history into the haunted stories. We will be discussing at least 10
haunted homes on this walking tour. It will be held rain or shine. More
details will follow in the upcoming newsletters.

ANTIETAM BATTLEFIELD A trip to Antietam will take place on Saturday
September 22, 2001. Rain date has been set for September 29th. Please
sign up if you are interested. We will be carpooling and maps will be
provided. Haunted Bus Tour of Bedford & Blair Counties presented by
author Patty Wilson and the Central Pa. Paranormal Assoc. Bedford Tours
will be held on Sunday Sept. 23rd and Sunday Oct. 21st starting at the
Jean Bonnet with a bus and walking tour of the Bedford area. They will
hear EVP and get a chance to capture a ghost for themselves.
Contact: Kelly Weaver at (717) 737-7623 or at weav-@aol.com

***

Blair County Haunted Tours are Sunday Sept. 30th and Sunday Oct. 28th.
Each tour includes at least 10 sites, first-hand ghost hunting, and a
meal at a haunted location. The cost for the entire day is $45.95
Reservations by calling (814) 793-2260 or (814) 941-1130.

***

Crucible 2001 is a jump-in-the-fire event for anyone interested in
creative transformation. The alchemical adventure will be held on
Saturday, October 13, at the luxurious Delta King Hotel, on the
riverfront in the heart of old Sacramento. Hosted by author and
practicing alchemist Dennis William Hauck, this intensive multimedia
event will focus on the practical and spiritual methods the alchemists
actually used for the transformation of body, mind, and soul.
Demonstrations, experiments, meditations, and other techniques will
make these principles come alive in participants. Before any metal
becomes gold, it must be exposed to the fire of the crucible!
The Delta King is a five-story, 300-foot-long, completely refurbished
riverboat with eight large meeting rooms, a comfortable bar/lounge, an
award-winning restaurant, and spacious staterooms. Built in 1928, it was
renovated in 1999 to become what U.S. Today calls "a unique meeting
place with AAA five-diamond ratings." Admission is $79 ($99 after August
1). For a free brochure, fill out the form at
"http://www.Crucible.org/Crucible2001.htm" .
Contact: : "in-@crucible.org".

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

ART BELL:

8/12/01 - Sun/Mon
Host: Ian Punnett
Guest: Tracy Twyman
Website: "http://www.dagobertsrevenge.com/"
Guest: James Wasserman
A thousand years ago Christian battled Muslim for possession of a strip
of land upon which both their religions were founded. These crusades
changed the course of Western history, but less known is the fact that
they also were the meeting ground for two legendary secret societies:
the Knights Templar and their Muslim counterparts, the Assassins.
Website: "http://www.studio31.com/"

8/13/01 - Mon/Tues
Guest: Jim Redden
Crime Reporter for Portland Tribune
Topic: Privacy
Website: "http://www.feralhouse.com"

8/14/01 - Tues/Wed
Guest: Harry Braun
Topic: Hydrogen Fuel

8/15/01 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Peter Seidel

8/16/01 - Thu/Fri
Guest: TBA

8/17/01 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
ABC:

Nothing listed

***

CBS:

Nothing listed

***

NBC:

Nothing listed.

***

UPN:

Fri - 8/17 at 9:30pm - All Souls

***

FOX:

Thu - 8/16 at 9pm - Night Visions

***

FOX FAMILY CHANNEL:

Mon - 8/13 at 10pm - Scariest Places On Earth: The Family
Tue - 8/14 at 10pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Urban Legends
Wed - 8/15 at 10pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Haunted Irish Castle Dare
Thu - 8/16 at 10pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Haunting the Heartland
Fri - 8/17 at 9pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Voodoo - Cursed
Plantation: Family Dare
Sat - 8/18 at 8pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Rituals of Evil
Sun - 8/19 at 8pm - Scariest Places On Earth: Island of No Return -
The Venice Dare

***

FX:

Weekdays at 6pm - X Files

***

THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Wed - 8/15 at 8pm - Places of Mystery: Hollywood’s Famous Phantom /
Dracula’s Castle
Mon - */20 at 10pm - Travel Channel Secrets: Haunted London

***

PAX TV:

Tue - 8/14 at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Strike Two
Thu - 8/16 at 8pm - It's A Miracle
Fri. - 8/17 at 9pm - Encounters With The Unexplained

***

DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Nothing listed.

***

HISTORY CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

SciFi:

Sun - Thru at 8 and 8:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Sat - 8/18 at 9pm - The Chronicle: Only the Good Die Young

***

A&E:

Nothing listed

***

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

Listen at: "http://www.pawebcast.cc/june_kelly.htm"
Sundays from 6 to 7pm
You can also visit the above URL to listen to past programs or see a
listing of other internet radio programs on the PAwebcast network.

    All Messages Next Message