* Featured Article
* In The News
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

Well, in looks like things are starting to get back to normal after
last week's attack on the U.S. Returning to normal is one of the things
that we must do, we must move on! If we let this attack succeed in
interrupting our lives than the terrorist have succeeded in their plan.
We must show them that no matter what they do, we can continue on; that
they cannot destroy our way of life.
Please fly your flags high, wear red, white and blue ribbons. Tie
ribbons to your car, let the world see that we are still here, that we
are strong enough to survive anything the that the terrorists can dish
out. Write or call your congressperson, let them know that you one
hundred percent behind our country and will support our country in the
upcoming fight against terrorism.

***
   Since the terrorist attacks, many of you have recently received and
forwarded to me, email concerning a editorial by Canadian broadcaster
Gordon Sinclair and also the predictions of Nostradamus.
   It seems that the Nostradamus predications are a hoax. More
information on that can be found at:
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm .
   The editorial by Gordan Sinclair was originally broadcast in 1973 and
more information on it can be found at:
http://www.rcc.ryerson.ca/ccf/news/unique/american.html .
    Both of these sites offer some interesting and informative
information.

***
   Recently we have had many request to post information concerning
commercial ventures such as tours, ghost equipment sales, etc... While
we will continue to post information about lectures, conferences, and
other upcoming events, we don’t feel that it is fair to the readers to
fill the newsletter with advertising.
Dennis William Hauck, has set up a page on the Haunted Places Website (
"http://www.Haunted-Places.com/tours.htm" ) for advertising. If you have
a commercial type event or items to sell they can be listed for only
$3.00 a month or prepaid for a year for only $20. For more information
to view the ads please visit the web page at the above link

_________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________

We recently received the following email. If you’d like to join Debbie
group please send her an email or visit their website:

    I receive your newsletter and have for quite a long time. I was
wondering if you would be able to put my organization in your newsletter
so more people will notice we're out there.
   My group is the Springfield Ghost Society and we meet in Springfield,
Il once a month. We do field work and research on alleged haunted
places. This group has been in existence since January 2000. We are
looking for new members and of course more places to investigate. There
are several gifted people in the group who have great knowledge of the
different religions including Wicca and Paganism. They also have
experience with Native American ways and rituals. We are inexistence for
one major reason, like everyone else, we are trying to prove to the
general public that ghost actually do exist. I'd appreciate any help you
can give us. If you need to contact me my information follows.

Debbie Lowery, Founder/President Springfield Ghost Society
Email: djlo-@famvid.com"
Website: "http://www.angelfire.com/il/ghostsociety"

***
From John James at "gtjj-@hsonline.net" :
   Some of my friends and I have a small local cable access television
show, it has become fairly popular among our town. We are running out of
new material to shoot, so we thought we would try to find some places
that have known ghostly happenings and try to capture something
happening. I was wondering if you could give us any locations in Indiana
(besides the Hannah house) that we could try and investigate. We live in
Seymour Indiana, which is 50 miles south of Indianapolis on interstate
65 and 50 miles north of Louisville on interstate 65. We would be
willing to travel in a 100 miles radius from Seymour.

***
From Dennis William Hauck ( www.hauntedplaces.com ):
    I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your help in my own
research. If you know of any corrections or additions to the haunted
places directories, please email me with details. I am currently working
on an updated edition of HAUNTED PLACES: THE NATIONAL DIRECTORY, due out
from Penguin-Putnam in October of next year, and want to make sure all
the details are up-to-date and accurate and that it contains the best
cases from across the country.

_____________

FEATURED ARTICLE
_____________

Dudleytown: The 'Scariest Place on Earth'
by Dina Ely, Bumps In The Night at: http://www.bumpsinthenight.com/
   The history and mythology of "Dudleytown," a ghost town on the
outskirts of Cornwall, CT. Labeled "the scariest place on earth,"
Dudleytown's tale is one of curses, hauntings, poltergeists, demons,
destruction, and death.
   I first heard about “Dudleytown,” the notorious ghost town near
Cornwall, Connecticut, when I was sixteen. The dark legends surrounding
the area were titillating. Wild tales of demonic activity, poltergeists,
pitiful ghosts, and unexplained phenomenon are the order of the day in
Dudleytown. The findings from paranormal research incited my interest to
little less than a voracious frenzy. I am not alone; Dudleytown is one
of the most well known places of purported supernatural activity in New
England, if not on the Eastern seaboard. Even actor Dan Ackroyd labeled
Dudleytown “the scariest place on earth.”
   The sinister tale of Dudleytown begins in England in the 16th
century. Though the Dudley family goes back as far as Saxon times, the
first major recorded “disaster” in the family’s history involves the
beheading of a family member accused of treachery against King Henry
VIII. It was then the Dudley family was reputedly tragically cursed, the
origins of which are speculatively considered to be part of the
punishment for treason. Many members of the family met their end via
beheadings, until William Dudley of Surrey, England left for America—for
a fresh start, perhaps, or for salvation from the curse that so plagued
his family.
   Alas, such salvation was not to be found in America. At least, not
whilst people like Thomas Dudley, Governor of Massachusetts sometime
during the late 17th century/early 18th century, were further darkening
the family name. Whilst governor, Thomas Dudley instated a particularly
vicious breed of religious persecution which helped to lay the
foundation for the witch trial frenzy in the state.
   Three Dudley brothers—Gideon, Abiel and Barzillai,
great-grandchildren of William from England, settled upon the land
ominously named “Dark Entry Forest,” by the year 1753. To say that the
location of Dudleytown is an odd one for a settlement is an
understatement. Flanked by three mountains, in the strangling thick of a
dark forest, the rocky land wasn’t at all conducive to farming, or a
generally decent quality of life. Nevertheless the little settlement
experienced a sort of renaissance, with more members of the Dudley
family relocating there, despite the dismal surroundings. Part of
Cornwall, and not actually a town unto itself, Dudleytown received its
name because of the surname of most of its occupants.
   One would think the odds against survival in such a harsh area, with
farming virtually impossible, would be enough to explain the gradual
demise of Dudleytown. But, the violent nature of the happenings in the
settlement lead to the belief that other more evil, perhaps even
paranormal forces were at work.
   Reports of madness in the citizens of Dudleytown were commonplace, as
were reports of other horrible occurrences such as death by lightning
strike. The madness can perhaps be explained by the high metal content
of the rocky area; historians have entertained the thought of lead
poisoning causing the dementia. It was not unusual in Dudleytown for
several citizens to perish at once in mysterious or violent
circumstances. Outbreaks of puzzling disease and attacks by local Native
Americans wiped out entire families at a time.
The curse of the Dudleys extended to those in the national public eye,
as well. Would-be first lady Mary Cheney, wife of 1872 presidential
candidate Horace Greeley (who lost to President Grant), committed
suicide prior to her husband’s loss. Mary Cheney was born in Dudleytown,
and it was in Dudleytown that she took her life. Word began to spread of
the appalling things happening at Dudleytown, and interest in relocating
to the place began to dwindle. With no influx of new citizens, and an
alarmingly high rate of death of the existing citizens, the stage was
set for Dudleytown to reach “ghost town” status.
   More deaths, disappearances, and destruction of property plagued the
last Dudleytown residents until 1899, when the land was deserted. Once
more, Dudleytown gave way to the Dark Entry Forest, choking the ruins of
houses and reverting to very much like it was before any settling
occurred.
   A brief revisiting of the old Dudleytown occurred in the 1920s when a
doctor from New York fell in love with the area, and built his summer
home there. He established the long-standing “Dark Entry Forest
Association,” which still keeps watch over the area. Whilst away on an
emergency the doctor’s wife went mad, having been attacked by a creature
in the forest. Now, Dudleytown is nothing but stone foundations from
houses long since gone.
   Presently investigators, historians, and local residents disagree on
the existence of the Dudley curse, and on the possible genesis of the
folklore surrounding Dudleytown. Many theories have come to light,
including the possibility of a hallucinogenic byproduct of the little
farming the residents actually did, causing hallucinations misconstrued
as demons and other such sinister beings. Skeptics reason and fathom
logical explanations, whilst believers are convinced the place is cursed
and haunted.
   For now, inexplicable mists and other such tell-tale ghostly
phenomena occur in photographs taken in Dudleytown. Paranormal
scientists tell of concentrated columns of negative energy in intense
striations throughout the Dudleytown land. One theory states the columns
may have caused a great deal of the misfortune that befell the
residents, negatively affecting them mentally, physically, and
spiritually. Poltergeist activity including physical violence against
visitors has been reported. Accounts of people being pushed down,
slapped, and scratched with invisible fingernails have been recorded in
books and eyewitness web sites. Phantom apparitions, such as that of a
ghostly rider on a dark steed, are said to be seen after twilight and
during the night—by those brave enough to face the dark in Dudleytown!
   One can no longer explore the mysterious depths of Dudleytown, CT,
except through the blessings of the Internet. An unfortunate fire that
consumed part of the forest—sadly, seemingly a work of arson—has led to
government action prohibiting trespassing. According to local government
they are considering granting limited access to the site on a
year-by-year basis, evaluating behavior of visitors and determining
whether or not it is wise—and safe—to open the area up to visitors for
that year. Up until recently, it was a haven for thrill-seekers and
paranormal buffs. Now web sites are reporting that it’s become a place
for destructive reenactments of “The Blair Witch Project,” a hangout for
shady characters, and a place for rampant illegalities. Perhaps the
curse of the Dudleys carries on even to this day, with the constant
denigration of the place they once called home.
   Thankfully, with web sites such as “Ghost Village” we enthusiasts can
enjoy personal accounts, photographs, and historical information about
this fascinating site.
Don’t miss these Dudleytown links:
<http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5602/closed.html>
<http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5602/dtownfaq.html>
<http://www.haunt.net/cases/photos/dudleytown/dudleytown.html>
<http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/PDIG/dudleytown.html> (fabulous site with
photos to boot)
<http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5602> (Note: this site presents
evidence to contradict the claims of a curse, and to rationally explain
what has taken place in Dudleytown)
Works Cited:
<http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/dudleytown.htm>
<http://vt.essortment.com/dudleytownct_rjql.htm>

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From The Edinburgh News ( Scotland )
September 8, 2001

Ghost fear of tourists at Greyfriar’s Kirkyard

It is claimed to be one of the spookiest places in Edinburgh. And now a
whole book of tourists’ tales aboutghouls, ghosts and poltergeists in
Greyfriar’s Kirkyard have been published in a book.
   More than 80 people say they have been attacked in the last 18 months
at the Black Mausoleum, where the 17th century judge, Lord Advocate Sir
George MacKenzie, is buried. Their witness statements appear in The
Ghost That Haunted Itself. The graveyard was supposed to have been
exorcised last year by an Edinburgh clairvoyant. The Rev Colin Grant
later said he thought the experience would kill him and weeks later, he
dropped dead.
   In the book, an 11-year-old boy also describes how mysterious
injuries appeared on his body. Kevin Marks, from Yorkshire, wrote: "When
I was standing in the tomb, something soft, like cotton wool, was
touching my eyes and cheek. There was nobody doing this to me. The next
day I woke up with a black eye and scratches on my face and neck."
Tourist Mandy Burgen, 38, from Cornwall, wrote: "In the tomb, I felt a
pain, just above my chest. After the tour, I unfastened my top and found
a large red mark where the pain had been. "I showed it to the others
and, as they looked, three weals rose up in the same place. The next day
they were gone."
   The book was compiled by Jan-Andrew Henderson, co-owner of City of
the Dead Tours.

____________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Sarah at: so-@dialnetwork.com :
   I was dating this guy named Chris. Well, I thought everything was
fine. Everything was going well. I received a phone call at work that
Chris had shot himself in the head. I was so upset about this because I
was with him two hours before he did this.
   I thought maybe he was upset with me, because he did act awfully
strange when he dropped me off that night. He just sat there and stared
at me. That kind of freaked me out so I kissed him good night and went
to bed and thought nothing of it.
   His older sister called me later on that night and read the letter to
me that he left behind. He said he was scared of the future. I don't
know why, he had everything going for him. He wanted to be a police
officer. He stated in his letter that I was special to him. That he went
and visited his dad earlier that day (his father died a couple years
back) and that he needed to be with him.
   It was really odd though Chris made plans to hang out with me and a
lot of other friends over that weekend. He shot himself at midnight on
February 9, 2001. He had his alarm clock set, I guess. He called the
police and did it in front of a police officer that he was friends with.
The officer said he was calm and he told the officer to write down this
number for him and started to give him the number then shot himself. He
was pronounced dead at 12:29am.
   Well, to get to the paranormal experience I had dealing with this.
The next night I went over to this apartment where he use to live with
some friends and hung out with them to talk and stuff. Later that night
I went home. I was hungry and put a roast beef in the microwave. I
forget what I put the timer for but I think it was 1 minute. Well it got
down to 29 seconds and kept going down to 12 seconds then went right
back to 29 seconds. It kept doing this, I freaked out and shut it off
fast! I put it all together. The 29 seconds standing for Feb, the second
month and the 9 for the 9th day. Then the 12 for the time he did it and
the 29 also again for the minute of the time he was pronounced dead. I
called up my friends and they said, “Maybe this is way of saying good
bye to you ,Sarah“. My little sister said one night when I was out with
my friends mourning the death , that my bed room door was opening and
closing and it sounded like someone was walking through my room. I went
to the cemetery a couple days after the funeral and it was clear and
nice out for a February. When I got to the there, it started to rain. My
car started to shake and run all crappy in the cemetery as I neared his
grave site. When I left the cemetery my car ran just fine! My friend
,who went with me that day, was freaking out. But since February I
haven't seen or heard anything that could be the ghost of Chris.

***
From Phoebe at:pc8-@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU
   My dad is a choir director and we moved into a new church this past
May 2000. My family has always believed in the paranormal, and we have
done much research.
   One evening my sister was practicing her opera and heard a child
crying. The child sounded like a little girl crying for her mother. My
sister looked everywhere but found nothing. She told the preacher and he
said, "Thank God someone else has heard that. I've looked everywhere for
that girl and cannot find her."
   My father and me have heard numerous voices and conversations, but we
cannot make out what is being said. I was down stairs practicing on the
piano while my dad practiced the organ. I kept hearing footsteps, but I
thought the cleaning ladies were still there so I didn't worry. I heard
my name called out twice and stopped playing thinking that my dad had
called me.
   When I stopped I heard the organ so I knew my dad hadn't called me. I
continued. A few minutes later I heard the door at the top of the choir
room stairs open and close. The stairs creaked one by one. I heard
footsteps and then someone sat down in a chair and sighed.
   For a moment I blacked out and I saw a little girl with a doll that
was dressed in a pink dress. I had continued playing the piano, and when
I finished the song I felt like the girl was beside me. My sister has
seen auras of a man watching her. I have felt the presence of a man-he
seems to make me nervous. The doors in the church have slammed one by
one numerous times. The chairs, pews and walls will creek. It's always
cold when I go in there and there are always footsteps. Sometimes
candles will go out and then all the sudden light right back up. How
strange it is, but I am not bothered.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________
   The Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society will be hosting a
Ghost hunting seminar on October 21, 2001 from 3:00 – 5:00 at Sister
Sojourn in Wheat Ridge Colorado.
If you would like to attend please e-mail them at:
"he-@rockymountainparanormal.com" . There is a very limited seating
arrangement.
   They are also working with several people in the media for the
upcoming "Ghostly season" check back with the web site for updates.
Website at: "http://www.rockymountainparanormal.com"

***
Dave Juliano, Co-Director of the South Jersey Ghost Research -
"http://www.sjgr.org" as informed us of the following lectures and
seminars being given by his group:
Lectures include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A. Seminars also
include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A plus equipment demonstrations
and group interaction.
October 11, 2001: Lecture at Blackwood Public Library, Blackwood, NJ
October 12, 2001: Booth at The Witches Ball, Mt Holly, NJ
October 19, 2001: Seminar at the Historic Gabreil Davies Tavern,
Glendora, NJ
October 24, 2001: Lecture at Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
October 28, 2001: Seminar at Camden County Historical Society
October 29, 2001: Lecture at Atco Public Library, Atco, NJ

***

THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT !!! Taking names and reservations for the waiting
list, but no new applicants at this time - - -

Want to Spend the Ultimate Halloween Night?

   Author & Ghost Hunter Troy Taylor has secured the haunted Avon
Theatre in Decatur,
Illinois for the ultimate Halloween Ghost Hunting Adventure! A few lucky
visitors will have the chance to get signed up for an all-night
paranormal investigation of the Avon!
   For the first time ever, a group of ghost hunter will be able to
prowl the dark hallways and auditorium of the theater in a all-night
search for the legendary theater's myriad of haunts! Led by Troy Taylor
and the American Ghost Society, investigators will be able to
experience this spirited spot by themselves! Will you be among the lucky
few to Join in the hunt for the Avon's ghosts?
   The evening begins at 8:00 on Halloween Night and lasts until the sun
comes up the following day! Attendees must arrive at the starting time
for the event and if they are too afraid to spend the night and leave
the theater, the door locks behind them! No one who
departs from the building will be able to return that night!
   The evening will include a presentation on the history of the Avon
Theatre and a chronology of the theater's haunting, presented by Troy
Taylor, author of the book "Flickering Images: History & Hauntings of
the Avon Theatre" and president of the American Ghost Society. Following
this, Taylor will also be conducting tours of the
theater and then a presentation on conducting paranormal investigations.
This session will feature ghost photography, equipment demonstrations
and how-to use ghost detection devices.
   Then, at midnight, the attendees will be divided into teams and the
investigation of the theater will begin! And while we cannot guarantee
that anything supernatural will occur during the evening... the Avon has
long been regarded as one of the region's most
haunted spots! This may be your chance to meet one of the Avon's ghosts
face-to-face!

What to Bring to Haunted Halloween at the Avon:
- Flashlight
- Notebook and Pen
- Camera and plenty of film
- Video Camera (optional)
- Any Ghost Hunting Equipment that You want to Bring

   Admission to the Event Includes All-Night access to the Theater and
to the Presentations on History & Hauntings, Tour of the Theater, Access
to the Paranormal Investigations, plus:
Copy of Troy Taylor's book "Flickering Images" OR
Copy of "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" OR
$10 off any Ghost Detection Equipment in our catalog OR
a $10 Gift Certificate to the Catalog to be used at a later time!

This is not "Fear" or "Scariest Places on Earth"... this time the
participant is YOU and what happens is REAL!

Sign up now at <https://www.prairieghosts.com/avon31.html>

***

DelMarVa Ghost/History Gathering
October 6, 2001

HISTORY and HAUNTS-UFOs-HAUNTED ANTIQUES-
PROPERTY RECORD RESEARCH-PARANORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY-PLUS A GUIDED EVENING
CEMETERY TOUR

   These topics and more will be featured at the first annual DelMarVa
Ghost/History Gathering, to be held at the start of the Halloween
season, on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m., in North East, Md.
In-person registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Crystal Inn, conveniently
located off Interstate 95 on Maryland Route 272. The day-long event
includes experienced speakers, fascinating topics and a panel
discussion, then ends with a guided Cemetery/History Tour-presented by
conference hosts Ed Okonowicz and Mike Dixon. SEATING IS LIMITED, make
your reservations EARLY. Cost is $45 per person.

Conference Schedule:

8-9 a.m. Registration - Crystal Inn lobby (Morning refreshments, such as
coffee, orange juice, tea, fruit and cheese filled Danish will be
provided.)

9:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions - Ed Okonowicz, author of Spirits
Between the Bays series and regional storyteller; and Mike Dixon,
historian, Historical Society of Cecil County, columnist and noted
lecturer

9:30-10:15 a.m. History, Haunts and Ghost Hunting Experiences - Ed
Okonowicz, author, ghost writer and storyteller, who will share unusual
incidents and behind-the-scene experiences while writing his ghost
stories.

10:15-11:15 a.m. Spirit Photography and How to Capture Ghosts on Film -
Rick Fisher, founder and director of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters
Society and a nationally recognized ghost hunter and researcher from
Lancaster, Pa., will provide examples and practical instruction.

11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Do You Have a Haunted Antique? - John Klisavage, a
paranormal consultant and owner of Washington Street Books and Antiques
in Havre de Grace, Md., will share his insight and experiences with
haunted objects.

12:30-2 p.m. Lunch on your own

2-3 p.m. UFOs, Aliens, Abductions and More - George Reynolds, director
of the Mutual UFO Network Northeast Maryland Chapter, noted
archaeologist and an experienced UFOlogist, will present a program on
subjects that are "out of," and increasingly becoming part of, this
world.

3-3:45 p.m. Researching Your Old Haunted House or Land - Mike Dixon,
will tell us how to unearth the history of unusual events that may have
occurred at a site-such as a murder, suicide, or other types of
tragedies. Learn to use such public records as wills, property
documents, marriage and courthouse records and death certificates. An
excellent way to search for and find the "reason" for your unusual
activity.

4-4:45 p.m. Paranormal Panel - Audience questions will be directed to
all of the speakers, plus Jim Gerleve, who will demonstrate ghost
photography that evening after the cemetery walk.

5-6:30 p.m. Dinner on your own

6:30 p.m. Assemble - at England's Colony on the Bay gift shop for the
evening's guided Cemetery Walk

7 p.m. Guided Cemetery/History Walk - includes details on local history,
burial practices, tombstone architecture and a demonstration of ghost
hunting photography by Jim Gerleve of Conowingo, Md., a member of the
Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society and Inner Circle of the International
Ghost Hunters Society. (Bring your digital or 35 mm camera with flash.)

SPECIAL GHOST CONFERENCE ROOM RATES have been arranged at $79 per night
(a $50 savings) A limited number of rooms have been reserved. When
making a reservation, be sure to mention you are attending the ghost
conference to get the special rate. The Crystal Inn's toll free number
is 1-800-631-3803.

For more information about the conference or to request a brochure, send
Ed an e-mail message at ed-@udel.edu or call him at (410) 398-5013.

***

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S MOST HAUNTED: A lecture/slide presentation
focusing on haunted locations in northern California will be presented
by Dennis William Hauck at the Learning Exchange on Friday, October 26,
from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. $35. The Learning Exchange, 650 Howe Ave., Ste.
600, Sacramento, CA 95825. To register, call (916) 929-9200 or fax (916)
929-0806. Website: "http://www.LearningExchange.com".

***

UPCOMING EVENTS WITH THE CAPITAL GHOST FORUM:

NEW CUMBERLAND GHOST WALK I'm happy to announce that we will be doing a
ghost walk in conjunction with the merchants in downtown New Cumberland
this year the weekend of Oct. 19-20. I am incorporating the towns
history into the haunted stories. We will be discussing at least 10
haunted homes on this walking tour. It will be held rain or shine. More
details will follow in the upcoming newsletters.

ANTIETAM BATTLEFIELD A trip to Antietam will take place on Saturday
September 22, 2001. Rain date has been set for September 29th. Please
sign up if you are interested. We will be carpooling and maps will be
provided.

Haunted Bus Tour of Bedford & Blair Counties presented by author Patty
Wilson and the Central Pa. Paranormal Assoc. Bedford Tours will be held
on Sunday Sept. 23rd and Sunday Oct. 21st starting at the Jean Bonnet
with a bus and walking tour of the Bedford area. They will hear EVP and
get a chance to capture a ghost for themselves.
Contact: Kelly Weaver at (717) 737-7623 or at weav-@aol.com

***

Blair County Haunted Tours are Sunday Sept. 30th and Sunday Oct. 28th.
Each tour includes at least 10 sites, first-hand ghost hunting, and a
meal at a haunted location. The cost for the entire day is $45.95
Reservations by calling (814) 793-2260 or (814) 941-1130.

***
INDEPENDENT GHOST HUNTERS CONFERENCE
Saturday April 20, 2002
8:30 registration
Event is 9:00 am-midnight

Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass
Camp Hill, Pa. 17011
Governors Ballroom (max. Seating is 225)
Free shuttle (24 hour) shuttle service to and from the airport, bus and
train station.

Conference Reservations:
* The cost is $85.00 per person for the conference which includes the
lectures, morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting
until midnight. (Lunch is on your own)
* Rooms are available for $89.00 double occupancy
call hotel direct @ (717) 763-7117
* All reservations must be made by April 5, 2002
please indicate you are coming to this conference

Conference payments must be made to Kelly L. Weaver by check or credit
card by March 30, 2002. (when paid in full):
If you desire, you may make 4 easy payments of $21.25.
* First payment is due Aug. 13, 2001
* Second Payment is due Oct. 8, 2001
* Third payment is due Feb.11, 2002
* Fourth payment is due March 11, 2002

The lineup as of September, 2001
(I'm still working on this):
* TROY TAYLOR- noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the largest ghost
research groups in the country. He has appeared on numerous television
programs dealing with the "spirit world." Troy also keeps readers
up-to-date with his Ghosts of the Prairie web page,
(http://www.prairieghosts.com) the Haunted America Update newsletter,
and features a large number of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly)
Troy has written many books on the spirit world including: The Ghost
Hunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work" is titled "No Rest
for the Wicked"......... read it if you dare!

* Ron Beach- Director of the Tri-State Paranormal Research Group based
in Ohio. (http://www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html)
He is the editor of the very informative Hauck report, an online
newsletter which features ‘real stories', Ghost and UFO conference
information from around the world, PLUS, what is on the major television
networks for the coming week dealing with the Paranormal. Very
interesting newsletter! You may subscribe to this FREE newsletter by
going to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/HauntedPlaces
Haunted Places website: http://www.haunted-places.com/
Ron will be giving a workshop for beginners on ghost hunting.

* D.B. Lyn- author of "The dead won't hurt you". This is a true account
of the authors life growing up in a haunted home. She will recount her
experiences with the spirit world. I'm sure a lot of us will relate to
her stories!

* Patty Wilson- author of Pa Ghost guide vol. #1 and the newly released
Pa. Ghost Guide vol. #2. She is co-founder of the Central Pa. Paranormal
Association located in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing
about Pennsylvania's wonderful and weird history. She will discuss
Pennsylvania's most haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky
stories that will make your hair stand on end!

* Kelly L. Weaver- is a well respected psychic/medium, and the founder
of the Capital Ghost Forum, located in Camp Hill, Pa. She is also
co-founder of the Independent Ghost Hunters Society and Annual
Conference. She has appeared on national television as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Her latest venture is
appearing with her husband on CAPE TALK South Africa, a paranormal radio
show, which can be heard around the world.
She and her husband John will be regular guests on this radio show
updating listeners on their investigations and encounters with spirits.
Kelly and her husband also host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called
"Visions from the Other Side"
Kelly is the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference hostess and will be
presenting a workshop on Developing your Psychic Abilities and how to
use them while ghost hunting. She will also be a tour guide during the
evening ghost hunt.

* John Weaver- is a talented artist and photographer who is very active
with his wife Kelly in the ghost investigation field and the Capital
Ghost Forum. He has lectured along with Kelly at local colleges and
Haunted Dining Events. He is a "skeptic" who enjoys using his
instruments to "prove what his
psychic wife is saying!" He is an Art Director and Photographer in an
electronics firm located in Lewisberry, PA.

* Scott Crownover- is the co-founder of the Central Pennsylvania
Paranormal Association and if also featured in the book Pa. Ghost guide
vol. #2. He is also a gadget "guru" and will work with John in
instructing a workshop on using equipment while ghost hunting.

We are still lining up others for the lectures and workshops. More
details to come. Vendors include:
* Troy Taylor- books
* Patty Wilson- books
* D.B. Lyn- books
* Kelly's Magical Garden- oils, lotions and potions to enhance your
spiritual
quest.
* The Inner Connection Metaphysical Shoppe- books, CD's, gemstones,
Tarot
Cards and more!
* The PA. Paranormal Association- will be taking orders for copies of
the
conferences lectures and workshops
* More to come!!!!!!!
***

Crucible 2001 is a jump-in-the-fire event for anyone interested in
creative transformation. The alchemical adventure will be held on
Saturday, October 13, at the luxurious Delta King Hotel, on the
riverfront in the heart of old Sacramento. Hosted by author and
practicing alchemist Dennis William Hauck, this intensive multimedia
event will focus on the practical and spiritual methods the alchemists
actually used for the transformation of body, mind, and soul.
Demonstrations, experiments, meditations, and other techniques will make
these principles come alive in participants. Before any metal becomes
gold, it must be exposed to the fire of the crucible! The Delta King is
a five-story, 300-foot-long, completely refurbished riverboat with eight
large meeting rooms, a comfortable bar/lounge, an award-winning
restaurant, and spacious staterooms. Built in 1928, it was renovated in
1999 to become what U.S. Today calls "a unique meeting place with AAA
five-diamond ratings." Admission is $79 ($99 after August 1). For a free
brochure, fill out the form at
"http://www.Crucible.org/Crucible2001.htm" .
Contact: : "in-@crucible.org".

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

ART BELL:

9/16/01 - Sun/Mon
Host: Ian Punnett
We will continue with the Assault on America coverage through the
weekend. Ian Punnett will be hosting this Sunday, between 9:00pm-3am
Pacific (12 midnight-6am Eastern).
The LIVE Internet Streaming Audio feed will also be started one hour
earlier.

9/17/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Dr. Nick Bostrom
Dr. Nick Bostrom is one of the leading lights of the transhumanist
movement, which argues for the responsible use of technology to enhance
human capacities. He is currently a philosopher at Yale University, but
being something of a polymath he also has a deep background in physics,
computational neuroscience, and mathematical logic. During various
phases of his 28-year existence, he's also been a painter, a poet, and a
stand-up comedian. He founded the World Transhumanist Association in
1998 in an effort to promote understanding of anticipated future
technologies and their impact on humanity.
Website: "http://www.nickbostrom.com/"

9/18/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Steve Alten
Steve Alten has done extensive research on the Mayan calendar and
prophecies. These mysterious Mayan prophecies are underscored by an
actual upcoming event. Each September 22nd (Fall Equinox) -as it has
every year for over a thousand years-a serpent's shadow appears to run
the length of the steps of the Kukulcan Pyramid in Chichen Itza, Mexico.
It's acknowledged to be a sign of the Mayan calendar's prophesied Day of
Doom. This ancient warning ties in with the Mayan's ultimate prophecy
foreshadowing the end of humanity on December 21, 2012.
Website: "http://www.stevealten.com/"

9/19/01 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Major Ed Dames
The world's foremost remote viewing teacher, Dames is the creator of
Technical Remote Viewing and co creator of Mindazzle! An original member
of the U.S. Army prototype remote viewing training program, he
subsequently served as the training and operations officer for the
Defense Intelligence Agency's psychic intelligence (PSIINT) collection
unit.
Update: Chandra Levy's murderer
Website: "http://www.trvinstitute.com"
Website: "Http://www.mindazzle.com"

9/20/01 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Bob Reiss
If you think the world's weather catastrophes are becoming more frequent
and more powerful, you're right. Ten of the last eleven years have been
the hottest on record, filled with dozens of record-breaking hurricanes,
floods, and droughts. Is this coincidence, or is our civilization
wreaking havoc on global weather? Bob Reiss is a former Chicago Tribune
reporter who has written for The Washington Post, Outside, Parade,
Smithsonian, GO, and Rolling Stone. He was a National Magazine Award
finalist for his reporting on the Amazon and is the author of ten novels
and two books of nonfiction. He lives in New York City.

9/21/01 - Fri/Sat
Guest: Leland Gregory
Website: "http://www.wacky911.com"

***
ABC:

Nothing listed

***

CBS:

Nothing listed

***

NBC:

Nothing listed.

***

UPN:

Nothing listed. Appears that All Souls will no longer be shown.

***

WB Network:

Tue - 9/18 at 9pm - Dead Last: The Problem With Corruption

***

FOX:

Nothing listed

***

FOX FAMILY CHANNEL

Tue - 9/18 at 10pm - Scariest Places on Earth: Haunted Irish Castle Dare

***

FX:

Mondays at 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm - X Files
All other weekdays at 6pm and 7pm - X Files

***

THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Mon - 9/17 at 8pm - European Vacation Week: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Mon - 9/17 at 9pm - Travel Channel Secrets: /haunted London

***

PAX TV:

Mon - 9/17 at 8pm - Encounters With the Unexplained: What’s on Mars /
Bermuda Triangle
Tue - 9/18 at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Spike
Fri - 9/21 at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained - Time Travel / Lost
Years Of ...
Sun - 9/23 at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: Phoenix
Mon - 9/24 at 8pm - Encounters With the Unexplained: Are Dolphins... /
Golden Ark...

***

DISCOVERY CHANNEL:

Thu - 9/20 at 10pm - Science Mysteries: Monsters of the Lake

***

HISTORY CHANNEL:

Wed - 9/19 at 11pm - The Enduring Mystery of Stonehenge
Sat - 9/22 at 11pm - Haunted History: New England

***

SciFi:

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thru at 11 and11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Sun - 9/23at 8pm and 8:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***

A&E:

Nothing listed

***

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm