Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
The Haunted Plces Report 9/25/01  Rev. Ron Beach
 Sep 24, 2001 19:31 PDT
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
9/25/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Book Review
* Website of the Month
* In The News
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

   Be sure to check out our upcoming events section! Lots of events all
over the country taking place in October.
   If you have an event you’d like posted please send the information to
me at: Haunted-@neo.rr.com. In the subject line, be sure to put
“Upcoming Event”. Remember, this newsletter has an international
readership, so even if your event is not in the U.S. we’ll still post
it.

***
   Recently we have had many request to post information concerning
commercial ventures such as tours, ghost equipment sales, etc... While
we will continue to post information about lectures, conferences, and
other upcoming events, we don’t feel that it is fair to the readers to
fill the newsletter with advertising.
Dennis William Hauck, has set up a page on the Haunted Places Website (
"http://www.Haunted-Places.com/tours.htm" ) for advertising. If you have
a commercial type event or items to sell they can be listed for only
$3.00 a month or prepaid for a year for only $20. For more information
to view the ads please visit the web page at the above link

_________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_________

   Sept. 29th the SPIRITS (Website:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html" ) is doing a closed
hunt at the Tampa Theater, reputed to be haunted. We will possibly have
a reporter from another publication out there, as well as an independent
TV station who wants to record what we do and advertise the future Oct.
20th public ghost hunt tour.
Think positive thoughts for us! We will have the results of our
investigation available.

***
From Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com
   The Capital Ghost Forum (Website:
http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum ) meets the 2nd
Monday of every month in Camp Hill, PA. at the Camp Hill Shopping Mall
in Boscov's Greenery on the 2nd floor at 7pm

***
From Dennis William Hauck ( www.hauntedplaces.com ):
    I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your help in my own
research. If you know of any corrections or additions to the haunted
places directories, please email me with details. I am currently working
on an updated edition of HAUNTED PLACES: THE NATIONAL DIRECTORY, due out

from Penguin-Putnam in October of next year, and want to make sure all
the details are up-to-date and accurate and that it contains the best
cases from across the country.

_____________

FEATURED ARTICLE
_____________

This article from the Capital Ghost Forum Newsletter is written by
John Weaver:
(Website: http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum )

   This time it was ME! Usually, when on investigations or even "chance"
encounters, it's Kelly who experiences direct physical interaction
(being touched, for example) with spirit entities. On Saturday, August
24, it was my turn. On several occasions over the past years, we had
attempted to make dinner reservations for Gettysbrew, only to have it
hosting a reception or other special event; finally, we were able to
make them on a night that suited us. (Kelly was treating me to a
pre-birthday dinner) What is so special about Gettysbrew? Well, finally
having been there I can say the food is unfortunately mediocre, but the
beer is excellent and the spirits, uh, touching!
   Gettysbrew Pub and Brewery is located in the Monfort farm's barn and
was the site of Johnson's Division's Field Hospital - one of the
Confederate Army's largest. Anyone who knows about Civil War medical
procedures will immediately understand why this place, if not haunted,
surely holds an immense amount of emotional energy. Kelly announced
before we went that she would be "off" while there, and I cannot blame
her; in retrospect, even had the food been superb, she really could not
enjoy being here. The only comment she made was: "As we came through the
door, I heard lots of screaming!" The rustic surroundings are indeed
charming, but with so much of the original wooden beams and flooring, as
well as the stone walls remaining, this place is like a giant energy
trap!
   I could sense that Kelly was not comfortable there, and though I
would have enjoyed staying for more of their outstanding beer, we
finished our meal quickly and prepared to leave. I needed to visit the
men's room, which is located in the corner of the large second-level
dining area. It too has the rustic appearance of the rest of the place,
and I was just "checking it out" when, to my left, a cold spot suddenly
was felt. It moved across my back, left to right, and then, I felt a
distinctive "Tap" on my right shoulder! I think what amazes me more than
anything is that despite this being the first time I've really been
touched, I wasn't really scared! Perhaps I'm getting used to greater
interaction, as Kelly experiences constantly. (My biggest "scare" still
is when after letting Uncle Cecil out Alfred's front door after a long
night of filming with Fox 43 a disembodied female voice admonished me
"Don't Shut It!" - That nearly required a change of underwear!)
   I wish I could say I have some evidence to support my encounter in
the Monfort Barn, but I did not have any cameras or instruments inside.
In fact, Ed Jr (son of Ed Sr, father of Brutus, etc) relates that when
he was there recently, they were not too happy about him taking photos
inside (he did, to no surprise, capture some orbs). We didn't ask anyone
about paranormal activity but my gut feeling (combined with their
reaction to Ed's camera) tells me they're not publicly acknowledging it,
the way places like the Farnsworth, Herr Tavern and Cashtown Inn do.
Perhaps they do not want to be caught up in Gettysburg's ever-growing
"ghost hysteria". (The owners are also restoring the adjacent farmhouse
to operate as a Bed & Breakfast - it too was used to house the wounded
and dying after the battle and is sure to hold some of the same residual
energy that fills the barn, along with who knows how many spirits
themselves!) Whatever the owners' opinions on the paranormal, they are
to be commended for restoring the property - the place in the late 80's
was run down, abandoned, and ripe for being turned into another housing
development. Having finally visited Gettysbrew, I do know this: I would
NOT want to be the last lone person closing it down for the night!

_____________

BOOK REVIEW
_____________

The Encyclopedia of Ghost and Spirits - Second Edition
Written by: Rosemary Ellen Guiley ( Website:
http://www.visionaryliving.com/ )
Published by: Checkmark Books
ISBN 0-8160-4085-0 (Hardback)
ISBN 0-8160-4086-9 (Paperback)
416 Pages

   From A to Z the most complete collection of paranormal terms and
definitions that I’ve ever seen. In addition there is information on the
major people and places involved with the paranormal world.
   With forewords by Tom Perrott (former chairman of the Ghost Club) and
Troy Taylor (President of the American Ghost Society) this book will
answer many of your questions about the paranormal world.
   The entries cover everything from ancient myths and folklore to
modern scientific research. This edition includes up to date information
on recent breakthroughs plus new information on research. an added
feature is that many entries include references for further reading and
/ or the URLs for paranormal related websites.

___________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
___________

   For October 2001 the website of the month belongs to the New Jersey
Ghost Hunters Society at: http://njghs.net/

   Founded by Jeff an L’Aura Muller, the New Jersey Ghost Hunters
Society website contains much information about haunted New Jersey.
Included are photos, audio and video files, plus reports on their field
work. Be sure to visit this site and enjoy the interesting intro it has!

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

This article was submitted to us by Frank Rogers of the MO/KAN
Paranormal Investigations (Website: "http://www.kcghostpage.com" ). It
is a report of their investigation into the hauntings of the Kansas
City, Mo Municipal Auditorium-Music Hall. The photos and full report of
the investigation can be found at their website.

Landmark Investigation #1
Kansas City, Mo Municipal Auditorium-Music Hall.
09/06/01; 6 investigators present; 9pm-4:30am CST
   As reported by the Theater League (via KCPT producer Dan
Diefenderfer's "Uniquely Kansas City") during the Civil War-in the
general area which is now the Barney Allis Plaza (across from present
Music Hall)- a POW camp was established and the facility burned killing
23 women and children. Later, the original Auditorium burned down in
1900, again where the Barney Allis Plaza is located today. Before the
present day Auditorium was built, the land was full of shanties. These
were cleared during the Tom Pedergast Era. (Tom Pedergast was a corrupt
civic official and reputed Mob boss).
   On 09/06/01, we investigated the Music Hall & dressing rooms
specifically. As per our vigil logs, we had a night full of unusual
action. Activity was monitored and videotaped on the stage area, 4th
floor dressing room's bathroom and a 6th floor mini-auditorium &
bathroom. It is the opinion of MO/KAN Paranormal that there is at least
1 entity on the 6th floor,1 entity on the 4th floor and quite a few in
the Main Stage & seating of the Music Hall. In fact, there was a
female's presence witnessed by 3 investigators, also some other entity
witnessed via temperature and EMF meters.
   MO/KAN hopes to revisited and verify all the findings of the 1st
visit. We sincerely thank the Kansas City Convention & Entertainment
Center, the Theater League and Star102FM for allowing our involvement.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

Submitted by Jeanette at:jleh-@theramp.net
   When I was 5 years old I lived in Fairfield California with my twin
sister and our parents. My dad was in the air force and we lived off
base in old house that had a field were people would ride dirt bikes. We
had a very nice back yard where my sister and I like to climb the tree
we had. I don't remember very much when I was five, but I will never
forget what happened to me in this house.
   My sister and I shared a room and we had bunk beds. I always slept at
the top because my sister would fall. I remember only being in the house
a few weeks and things started to happen. I would see a shadow of a man
in the door of our room. He seemed to be wearing a coat and a hat. I
knew it was not my dad and being little not knowing about ghost or
anything the only thing I would do was put the covers over my head and
hope this thing would go away, but it did not. This shadow man would
come to visit me every night and tickle me and tuck me.
   I would be so scared I couldn't even speak. One night, I told with my
sister I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. I asked her if she
would sleep on the top bunk. She said she would and we both saw the
shadow man. She encountered the same thing I did.
   When I became an adult, I found out that my mom had encounters of a
man standing over her bed with an ax. When she woke my dad, the man was
gone. My sister also would sleep walk and do things in her sleep it came
when we moved in and left when we moved out. My dad encountered things
missing when he woke up for his midnight snack. Always being wide awake
he would reach for the living room lamp and it was gone more than once.
He would turn around than turn back and there it was.
   One year later we moved out and moved to Illinois and my parents
bought a little house. My sister and I still shared a room and I would
say we lived there for at least 2 years. When I was about 9 I saw the
shadow man standing in the door way. I was so scared that he had
followed me. I didn't know what he wanted so I told him to leave me
alone. I didn't see him again till my parents added on to the house. I
had a new room and was about 15. He never came in the doorway of my
room. He just stood in the older part of the house, like he never could
come into the newer part of the home.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

   On Oct. 20th, the SPIRITS (Website:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html" ) is leading a tour of
the Tampa Theater in Tampa, Florida at 12 p.m. for the public. The tour
is free to the public, though they ask for donations at the end (for a
restoration project).

***
   L'Aura Muller co-founder the NJ Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
"http://njghs.net" ) will be presenting the new & expanded slide
presentation "Ghost Hunting 101"?

Oct. 17 at 7:30 PM in Clark, NJ. at the Clark Historical Society's
meeting They are estimating about 300 people in attendance.

Oct. 19 at 7:30 PM The Salt River School in New Providence for the Cub
Scouts.

Oct. 22 (8 PM - I believe) at Xavier Hall for Seton Hall University in
South Orange, NJ

***
    October 18th at 7:45pm, Rev. Ronald Beach and the writing team of
“D.B. Lyn will be giving a lecture about ghosts and haunted houses to
the Hinckley (Ohio) Women’s Club. The meeting is being held in the Fire
Department’s meeting room.

***
   The Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society will be hosting a
Ghost hunting seminar on October 21, 2001 from 3:00 – 5:00 at Sister
Sojourn in Wheat Ridge Colorado.
   If you would like to attend please e-mail them at:
"he-@rockymountainparanormal.com" . There is a very limited seating
arrangement.
   They are also working with several people in the media for the
upcoming "Ghostly season" check back with the web site for updates.
Website at: "http://www.rockymountainparanormal.com"

***
   Dave Juliano, Co-Director of the South Jersey Ghost Research -
"http://www.sjgr.org" as informed us of the following lectures and
seminars being given by his group:
   Lectures include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A. Seminars also
include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A plus equipment demonstrations
and group interaction.

October 11, 2001: Lecture at Blackwood Public Library, Blackwood, NJ

October 12, 2001: Booth at The Witches Ball, Mt Holly, NJ

October 19, 2001: Seminar at the Historic Gabreil Davies Tavern,
Glendora, NJ

October 24, 2001: Lecture at Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ

October 28, 2001: Seminar at Camden County Historical Society

October 29, 2001: Lecture at Atco Public Library, Atco, NJ

***
Upcoming events of the American Ghost Society (Website:
http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html):
For those of you in the Illinois / Missouri area (and for some out of
it!), Troy and Amy Taylor hope to see some of you able to turn out for
these entertaining and sometimes chilling events!

Sept. 29: BOOK SIGNING - Troy Taylor will be signing books at the Haines
& Essick / Striglos Book Store in Decatur, Illinois 12-2 PM

October 1: ST. LOUIS COLLEGE (FLORISSANT VALLEY): Troy will be
presenting a lecture on the Most Haunted Places & The Greatest Ghost
Stories of St. Louis and the Metro-East. 6:30 PM (Call 314-595-4237 for
more information)

October 4: FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS PUBLIC LIBRARY: A Presentation by Troy
Taylor on the History & Hauntings of Illinois 7:00 PM

October 6-7: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy & Amy Taylor and the American Ghost
Society at Six Flag's Fright Fest in St. Louis! Come visit our haunted
bookstore and hear presentations on
the ghosts and hauntings! Every weekend in October!

October 9: NASHVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY: A presentation by Troy Taylor on
Graveyard Ghosts & Hauntings! 7:00 PM

October 10: GLEN CARBON PUBLIC LIBRARY: A presentation by Troy Taylor on
the History & Hauntings of Illinois 6:30 PM

October 11: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 12: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 13: CENTRAL ILLINOIS AUTHOR'S FAIR: Join Troy Taylor and other
authors from Central Illinois for book signings and presentations at the
Decatur Public Library in
Decatur, Illinois. Hear a special presentation on "Central Illinois'
Most Haunted" by Troy Taylor at 1:00 PM

October 13: FRIGHT FEST: Join the American Ghost Society at Six Flag's
Great America in St. Louis with special guest speaker John Brill!

October 14: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis with special guest speakers
David Goodwin (author of the upcoming book, "Ghosts of Jefferson
Barracks") and Robbi Courtaway (author of "Spirits
of St. Louis")

October 14: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 15: PEKIN PUBLIC LIBRARY: Join Troy Taylor for a presentation on
Graveyard Ghosts and Hauntings 7:00 PM

October 17: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 18: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 19: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 20: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 21: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 21: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 24: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 25: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 26: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 27: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 28: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 31: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT !!! Taking names and reservations for
the waiting list, but no new applicants at this time - - -
   Author & Ghost Hunter Troy Taylor has secured the haunted Avon
Theatre in Decatur, Illinois for the ultimate Halloween Ghost Hunting
Adventure! A few lucky visitors will have the chance to get signed up
for an all-night paranormal investigation of the Avon!
   For the first time ever, a group of ghost hunter will be able to
prowl the dark hallways and auditorium of the theater in a all-night
search for the legendary theater's myriad of haunts! Led by Troy Taylor
and the American Ghost Society, investigators will be able to experience
this spirited spot by themselves! Will you be among the lucky few to
Join in the hunt for the Avon's ghosts?
   The evening begins at 8:00 on Halloween Night and lasts until the sun
comes up the following day! Attendees must arrive at the starting time
for the event and if they are too afraid to spend the night and leave
the theater, the door locks behind them! No one who departs from the
building will be able to return that night!
   The evening will include a presentation on the history of the Avon
Theatre and a chronology of the theater's haunting, presented by Troy
Taylor, author of the book "Flickering Images: History & Hauntings of
the Avon Theatre" and president of the American Ghost Society. Following
this, Taylor will also be conducting tours of the theater and then a
presentation on conducting paranormal investigations. This session will
feature ghost photography, equipment demonstrations and how-to use ghost
detection devices.
   Then, at midnight, the attendees will be divided into teams and the
investigation of the theater will begin! And while we cannot guarantee
that anything supernatural will occur during the evening... the Avon has
long been regarded as one of the region's most haunted spots! This may
be your chance to meet one of the Avon's ghosts face-to-face!

What to Bring to Haunted Halloween at the Avon:
- Flashlight
- Notebook and Pen
- Camera and plenty of film
- Video Camera (optional)
- Any Ghost Hunting Equipment that You want to Bring

   Admission to the Event Includes All-Night access to the Theater and
to the Presentations on History & Hauntings, Tour of the Theater, Access
to the Paranormal Investigations,
plus:
Copy of Troy Taylor's book "Flickering Images" OR
Copy of "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" OR
$10 off any Ghost Detection Equipment in our catalog OR
a $10 Gift Certificate to the Catalog to be used at a later time!

This is not "Fear" or "Scariest Places on Earth"... this time the
participant is YOU and
what happens is REAL!

Sign up now at <https://www.prairieghosts.com/avon31.html>

***
DelMarVa Ghost/History Gathering
October 6, 2001

HISTORY and HAUNTS-UFOs-HAUNTED ANTIQUES-
PROPERTY RECORD RESEARCH-PARANORMAL PHOTOGRAPHY-PLUS A GUIDED EVENING
CEMETERY TOUR

   These topics and more will be featured at the first annual DelMarVa
Ghost/History Gathering, to be held at the start of the Halloween
season, on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m., in North East, Md.
In-person registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Crystal Inn, conveniently
located off Interstate 95 on Maryland Route 272. The day-long event
includes experienced speakers, fascinating topics and a panel
discussion, then ends with a guided Cemetery/History Tour-presented by
conference hosts Ed Okonowicz and Mike Dixon. SEATING IS LIMITED, make
your reservations EARLY. Cost is $45 per person.

Conference Schedule:

8-9 a.m. Registration - Crystal Inn lobby (Morning refreshments, such as
coffee, orange juice, tea, fruit and cheese filled Danish will be
provided.)

9:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions - Ed Okonowicz, author of Spirits
Between the Bays series and regional storyteller; and Mike Dixon,
historian, Historical Society of Cecil County, columnist and noted
lecturer

9:30-10:15 a.m. History, Haunts and Ghost Hunting Experiences - Ed
Okonowicz, author, ghost writer and storyteller, who will share unusual
incidents and behind-the-scene experiences while writing his ghost
stories.

10:15-11:15 a.m. Spirit Photography and How to Capture Ghosts on Film -
Rick Fisher, founder and director of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters
Society and a nationally recognized ghost hunter and researcher from
Lancaster, Pa., will provide examples and practical instruction.

11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Do You Have a Haunted Antique? - John Klisavage, a
paranormal consultant and owner of Washington Street Books and Antiques
in Havre de Grace, Md., will share his insight and experiences with
haunted objects.

12:30-2 p.m. Lunch on your own

2-3 p.m. UFOs, Aliens, Abductions and More - George Reynolds, director
of the Mutual UFO Network Northeast Maryland Chapter, noted
archaeologist and an experienced UFOlogist, will present a program on
subjects that are "out of," and increasingly becoming part of, this
world.

3-3:45 p.m. Researching Your Old Haunted House or Land - Mike Dixon,
will tell us how to unearth the history of unusual events that may have
occurred at a site-such as a murder, suicide, or other types of
tragedies. Learn to use such public records as wills, property
documents, marriage and courthouse records and death certificates. An
excellent way to search for and find the "reason" for your unusual
activity.

4-4:45 p.m. Paranormal Panel - Audience questions will be directed to
all of the speakers, plus Jim Gerleve, who will demonstrate ghost
photography that evening after the cemetery walk.

5-6:30 p.m. Dinner on your own

6:30 p.m. Assemble - at England's Colony on the Bay gift shop for the
evening's guided Cemetery Walk

7 p.m. Guided Cemetery/History Walk - includes details on local history,
burial practices, tombstone architecture and a demonstration of ghost
hunting photography by Jim Gerleve of Conowingo, Md., a member of the
Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society and Inner Circle of the International
Ghost Hunters Society. (Bring your digital or 35 mm camera with flash.)

SPECIAL GHOST CONFERENCE ROOM RATES have been arranged at $79 per night
(a $50 savings) A limited number of rooms have been reserved. When
making a reservation, be sure to mention you are attending the ghost
conference to get the special rate. The Crystal Inn's toll free number
is 1-800-631-3803.

For more information about the conference or to request a brochure, send
Ed an e-mail message at ed-@udel.edu or call him at (410) 398-5013.

***

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S MOST HAUNTED: A lecture/slide presentation
focusing on haunted locations in northern California will be presented
by Dennis William Hauck at the Learning Exchange on Friday, October 26,
from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. $35. The Learning Exchange, 650 Howe Ave., Ste.
600, Sacramento, CA 95825. To register, call (916) 929-9200 or fax (916)
929-0806. Website: "http://www.LearningExchange.com".

***

UPCOMING EVENTS WITH THE CAPITAL GHOST FORUM
Website: http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum
Email at: Weav-@aol.com

NEW CUMBERLAND GHOST WALK - Kelly is happy to announce that we will be
doing a
ghost walk in conjunction with the merchants in downtown New Cumberland
this year the weekend of Oct. 19-20. She is incorporating the towns
history into the haunted stories. We will be discussing at least 10
haunted homes on this walking tour. It will be held rain or shine. More
details will follow in the
upcoming newsletters.

BLAIR COUNTY HAUNTED TOURS are Sunday Sept. 30th and Sunday Oct. 28th.
Each tour includes at least 10 sites, first-hand ghost hunting, and a
meal at a haunted location. The cost for the entire day is $45.95
Reservations by calling (814) 793-2260 or (814) 941-1130.

INDEPENDENT GHOST HUNTERS CONFERENCE
Saturday April 20, 2002
8:30 registration
Event is 9:00 am-midnight
Contact Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com

Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass
Camp Hill, Pa. 17011
Governors Ballroom (max. Seating is 225)
Free shuttle (24 hour) shuttle service to and from the airport, bus and
train station.

Conference Reservations:
* The cost is $85.00 per person for the conference which includes the
lectures, morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting
until midnight. (Lunch is on your own)
* Rooms are available for $89.00 double occupancy
call hotel direct @ (717) 763-7117
* All reservations must be made by April 5, 2002 please indicate you are
coming to this conference

Conference payments must be made to Kelly L. Weaver by check or credit
card
by March 30, 2002. (when paid in full):
If you desire, you may make 4 easy payments of $21.25.
* First payment is due Aug. 13, 2001
* Second Payment is due Oct. 8, 2001
* Third payment is due Feb.11, 2002
* Fourth payment is due March 11, 2002

The lineup as of September, 2001
(I'm still working on this):
* TROY TAYLOR- noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the largest ghost
research groups in the country. He has appeared on numerous television
programs dealing with the "spirit world." Troy also keeps readers
up-to-date with his Ghosts of the Prairie web page,
(http://www.prairieghosts.com) the Haunted America Update newsletter,
and features a large number of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly)
Troy has written many books on the spirit world including: The Ghost
Hunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work" is titled "No Rest
for the Wicked"......... read it if you dare!

* RON BEACH- Director of the Tri-State Paranormal Research Group based
in Ohio. (http://www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html)
   He is the editor of the very informative Haunted Places Report, an
online newsletter which features ‘real ghost stories', ghost information
from around the world, PLUS, what is on the major television networks
for the coming week dealing with the Paranormal. Very interesting
newsletter! You may subscribe to this FREE newsletter by going to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/HauntedPlaces
Haunted Places website: http://www.haunted-places.com/
Ron will be giving a workshop for beginners on ghost hunting.

* D.B. LYN- author of "The dead won't hurt you". This is a true account
of the authors life growing up in a haunted home. She will recount her
experiences with the spirit world. I'm sure a lot of us will relate to
her stories!

* PATTY WILSON- author of Pa Ghost guide vol. #1 and the newly released
Pa. Ghost Guide vol. #2.
   She is co-founder of the Central Pa. Paranormal Association. located
in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing about Pennsylvania's
wonderful and weird history. She will discuss Pennsylvania's most
haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will make
your hair stand on end!

* KELLY L. WEAVER - is a well respected psychic/medium, and the founder
of the Capital Ghost Forum, located in Camp Hill, Pa. She is also
co-founder of the Independent Ghost Hunters Society and Annual
Conference. She has appeared on national television as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Her latest venture is
appearing with her husband on CAPE TALK South Africa, a paranormal radio
show, which can be heard around the world.
She and her husband John will be regular guests on this radio show
updating listeners on their investigations and encounters with spirits.
Kelly and her husband also host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called
"Visions from the Other Side"
Kelly is the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference hostess and will be
presenting a workshop on Developing your Psychic Abilities and how to
use them while ghost hunting. She will also be a tour guide during the
evening ghost hunt.

* JOHN WEAVER- is a talented artist and photographer who is very active
with his wife Kelly in the ghost investigation field and the Capital
Ghost Forum. He has lectured along with Kelly at local colleges and
Haunted Dining Events. He is a "skeptic" who enjoys using his
instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!" He is an Art
Director and Photographer in an electronics firm located in Lewisberry,
PA.

* SCOTT CROWNOVER - is the co-founder of the Central Pennsylvania
Paranormal Association and if also featured in the book Pa. Ghost guide
vol. #2. He is also a gadget "guru" and will work with John in
instructing a workshop on using equipment while ghost hunting.

We are still lining up others for the lectures and workshops. More
details to come. Vendors include:
* Troy Taylor- books
* Patty Wilson- books
* D.B. Lyn- books
* Kelly's Magical Garden- oils, lotions and potions to enhance your
spiritual quest.
* The Inner Connection Metaphysical Shoppe- books, CD's, gemstones,
Tarot Cards and more!
* The PA. Paranormal Association- will be taking orders for copies of
the conferences lectures and workshops
* More to come!!!!!!!

***

   CRUCIBLE 2001 is a jump-in-the-fire event for anyone interested in
creative transformation. The alchemical adventure will be held on
Saturday, October 13, at the luxurious Delta King Hotel, on the
riverfront in the heart of old Sacramento. Hosted by author and
practicing alchemist Dennis William Hauck, this intensive multimedia
event will focus on the practical and spiritual methods the alchemists
actually used for the transformation of body, mind, and soul.
Demonstrations, experiments, meditations, and other techniques will make
these principles come alive in participants. Before any metal becomes
gold, it must be exposed to the fire of the crucible!
   The Delta King is a five-story, 300-foot-long, completely refurbished
riverboat with eight large meeting rooms, a comfortable bar/lounge, an
award-winning restaurant, and spacious staterooms. Built in 1928, it was
renovated in 1999 to become what U.S. Today calls "a unique meeting
place with AAA five-diamond ratings." Admission is $79 ($99 after August
1). For a free brochure, fill out the form at
"http://www.Crucible.org/Crucible2001.htm" . Contact: :
"in-@crucible.org".

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL:

9/24/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Craig O.Thompson
An expert on the subject of terrorism and NBCW (Nuclear, Biological and
Chemical Warfare), and a member of the International Association of
Counterterrorism and Security Professionals, author Craig O. Thompson
researched terrorism for over a decade.
Website: "http://www.omar-thriller.com"
Website: "http://www.keynoteR-central.com"
Email: "Brigh-@aol.com"

9/25/01 - Tue/Wed
TBA

9/26/01 - Wed/Thu
TBA

9/27/01 - Thu/Fri
TBA

9/28/01 - Fri/Sat
TBA

***
ABC:

Nothing listed

***

CBS:

Nothing listed

***

NBC:

Nothing listed.

***

UPN:

Nothing listed.

***

WB Network:

Tue - 9/25 at 8pm - Dead Last: Gastric Distress

***

FOX:

Nothing listed

***

FOX FAMILY CHANNEL

Fri - 9/28 at 9pm - Scariest Places on Earth: Rituals of Evil
Fri - 9/28 at 10pm - Exploring the Unknown: Roswell Parts 1 & 2

***

FX:

Monday at 4pm - X Files
All other weekdays at 6pm and 7pm - X Files

***

THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

PAX TV:

Schedule not available at this time

***

DISCOVERY CHANNEL:

Thu - 9/29 at 8pm - Science Mysteries - Spontaneous Human Combustion

***

HISTORY CHANNEL:

Thu - 9/29 at 11pm - Haunted History: Haunted Baltimore

***

SCIFI:

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thru at 11 and11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Sun - 9/23at 8pm and 8:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***

A&E:

Nothing listed

***

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm