Here are a couple Halloween related items submitted by readers:

From: Melissa at: lysl-@yahoo.com some Halloween recipes:

Turn a banana into a "Ghost Pop":
INGREDIENTS:
.... Bananas
.... Pop sticks
.... White chocolate
.... Candy Corn (eyes)
.... Red M & Ms (mouth)

METHOD:
.... Cut peeled bananas in halves.
.... Push a pop stick in each half through the cut end.
.... Dip in lemon juice.
.... Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
.... Place cookie sheet in freezer for at least 3 hours.
.... Melt white chocolate. Allow about 2 oz for each banana half.
.... Spread the melted chocolate over the frozen banana halves.
.... Press candy corn and red M & Ms onto each half to from eyes and a
mouth.
.... Put back on cookie sheet and return to freezer until ready to
serve.

FOOTNOTE:
These can be turned into "Monster Pops" by adding some food coloring
tothe white chocolate. The tip of the banana can be dipped into shredded
coconut.
Colored popcorn can be used for the eyes and a piece of licorice string
can be used for the mouth.

***
Serve 'Ear Wax on a Q-tip'. Mini marshmallows on the ends of small
straws dipped in melted caramel candy.

***
Caramel Apple Cookie Pizza Recipe

2 large apples (your favorite)
lemon juice
1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 to 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
6-oz. jar caramel ice cream topping
1/4 cup nuts, chopped

Soak apple slices in lemon juice to prevent browning; set aside. Press
cookie dough into a12" pizza pan. Bake according to package
instructions. Remove from oven and cool. Combine cream cheese and peanut
butter, spread over cooled crust.Arrange apple slices on top. Drizzle
with caramel topping and sprinkle with nuts.
***
VAMPIRE FANGS IN BLOOD
Your guests will want to sink their teeth into these.

8 large Red Delicious apples
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. sugar
1 10-oz. jar strawberry or cherry sauce

1. Wash, peel and core the apples. Then cut each apple into 8 pieces.

2. Dip the cut apples into the lemon juice to prevent them from turning
brown.

3. To prepare the fangs, cut the apple slices into long, narrow
triangles, making pointy tooth like
shapes. Re-dip them in the lemon juice and lightly sprinkle them with
sugar.

4. Arrange the fangs on a serving platter with the strawberry dipping
sauce in the middle.
Make sure you splatter some of the "blood" over the fangs. Makes 10
servings.

***
And from: Francesca at Teop-@aol.com

Here is a Halloween poem sung to the 12 days of Xmas that I wrote when I
was young so understand that it is so-so but fun I was about 13 when I
wrote it.
I have copyright and give permission to print it.

The Thirteen Days of Halloween

On the first day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me a bat in a dead
tree.
On the second day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me two
pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the third day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me three French
goblins, two pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the fourth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me four black cats,
three French goblins, two pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the fifth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me five spider
rings, four black cats, three French goblins, two pterodactyls, and a
bat in a dead tree.
On the sixth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me six gremlins
playing, five spider rings, four black cats, three French goblins, two
pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the seventh day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me seven ghosts a
screaming, six gremlins playing, five spider rings, four black cats,
three French goblins, two pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the eighth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me eight witches
cackling, seven ghosts a screaming, six gremlins playing, five spider
rings, four black cats, three French goblins, two pterodactyls, and a
bat in a dead tree.
On the ninth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me nine skeletons
rattling, eight witches cackling, seven ghosts a screaming, six gremlins
playing, five spider rings, four black cats, three French goblins, two
pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the tenth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me ten mummies
moldering, nine skeletons rattling, eight witches cackling, seven ghosts
a screaming, six gremlins playing, five spider rings, four black cats,
three French goblins, two pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the eleventh day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me eleven
Frankenstein's frightening, ten mummies moldering, nine skeletons
rattling, eight witches cackling, seven ghosts a screaming, six gremlins
playing, five spider rings, for black cats, three French goblins, two
pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the twelfth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me twelve vampires
batting, eleven Frankenstein's frightening, ten mummies moldering, nine
skeletons rattling, eight witches cackling, seven ghosts a screaming,
six gremlins playing, five spider rings, four black cats, three French
goblins, two pterodactyls, and a bat in a dead tree.
On the thirteenth day of Halloween my true ghoul gave to me thirteen
poison
apples.......!

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

The following two items were submitted to us by Troy and Amy Taylor of
the American Ghost Society (website: "http://www.prairieghosts.com" )

Looking for ghosts? Well, we are!
WE NEED YOUR HELP: October is upon us and its time for the media to
start trying out their annual ghost stories in magazines and newspapers!
They don't realize that ghosts are around all year long but we have to
take advantage of this one time when they wake up and start reporting
them. Here's where we need your help!
If you find stories about ghosts and haunted places in your area... or
perhaps you're a local ghost hunter who is featured in a regional
newspaper... or even if you find a good ghost story in a new magazine or
paper you are reading.... SEND IT TO US! We are trying to collect more
materials for the "Haunted Museum" files that once they are more
complete, can be opened to the public and to researchers. The collection
continues to grow, but we are looking for more! We'll even be happy to
credit the postage that you spend toward books from the catalog!

Here's our address:
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street
Alton, Illinois 62002

***

CHANGES TO AMERICAN GHOST SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS:
Starting on October 1, Amy and I decided to implement some changes to
memberships in the AGS. First off, we have eliminated the $5 processing
fee for all new members, plus we have changed the standards for some of
the memberships.
The biggest change comes to the ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP... starting on
October 4, all Active Membership packets will include a copy of the
GHOST HUNTER'S GUIDEBOOK. After a few minor incidents, we have come to
feel that the booklets that are included in the new member packet are
not enough information for a member to be considered "active" and to
actually participate in an investigation. With the GUIDEBOOK included in
the packet, new members will have all of the information they need to
begin paranormal research.
The only other changes have been made to our CORRESPONDING MEMBERSHIP
package. While the price of this membership has stayed the same (and
does include the standard new member packet), this type of membership
will be limited to receiving email updates and the on-line magazine
only. They will not be provided with access to the AGS Member's Only
Message Board.

_____________

FEATURED ARTICLE
_____________

This article is from The Post
The Independent Daily Newspaper of at Ohio University
Compiled by Lisa Zamborsky
October 27, 1995

Restless Spirits Supposedly Haunt Area Cemeteries

The many graveyards of Athens seem to be an outlet for both the
residents and students of the area and the discontented souls residing
beneath the ground.
Upon entering the iron-wrought gates of State Street's cemetery, one
stumbles upon crumbling, weathered headstones. The few legible grave
markers, however, reveal tales of death such as the "infant daughter of
A.G. & P.K. Brown, stillborn Dec. 22 1840."
The spirits of soldiers from battles as early as the Revolutionary War
and the War of 1812 protect this graveyard. One of these men was "Daniel
Stewart, Esq." who died February 20, 1858, a Revolutionary War hero. He
"came to Athens in 1803 (and) founded the town of Stewart."
However, not all war veterans rest in peace. In Haines Cemetery near
New Marshfield lies the insane spirit of a Civil War officer. His war
deeds drove him to destroy his home near the graveyard on All Hallow's
Eve and his ghost now haunts the cemetery.
Bethel Cemetery's graves also contribute to the spooky legends.
According to church tradition, the dead are buried in the East-West
direction facing the rising sun. But, this graveyard located on the
western border of Athens County reveals an eerie phenomenon. A group of
Bethel's graves extend North-South facing the Summerland witch heaven.
The geography of Athens' cemeteries plays a vital role in the abundant
tales of horror. Five of them - Simms, Peach Ridge, Hanning, Hunter and
Mathany and Slaughter - circle the city and form a pentagram.
Second-year OU student Ryan Schneider said he "checked it out on a
county road map and it's pretty accurate. The sides differ in less than
a 1/4 mile each."
The area inside of this figure is protected from evil forces and has
supposedly been used by witches for centuries as the focal point of
mystical powers.
Simms Cemetery, one of the pentagram five, rests on a slope off of
Peach Ridge Road and has been designated the thirteenth-most haunted
place in the world by the British Metaphysical Society. The graveyard
was named after John Simms who, according to legend, was a local
official known for his noose and multiple hangings. Simms supposedly
wanders the cemetery at twilight wearing a hooded robe.
It is also said that Mary Roberts, known to be a witch, is buried near
Simms and his family to curse them for all eternity.
The cemetery's natural surroundings unveil one final oddity. The
graveyard is hidden from view by a rocky cliff, trees and bushes.
According to Athens Magazine, 1972, "the supreme irony of Simms
Cemetery . . . lies in the tall evergreen tree growing in the midst of
the graves. Close examination shows that it is an arbor vitae, also
known as the tree of life."
Two final ghastly tales stem from Hanning Cemetery, another Peach Ridge
graveyard and the sight of frightful seances.
Following the death of OU student David Tischman in April 1970, a
seance was held at the cemetery in the hopes of contacting his spirit.
The ceremony involved a Ouija Board and two black candles. The board's
indicator failed to move but the candles' dripping wax spelled out
"DAVT4," often interpreted as David Tischman - 4th month.
A second Hanning Cemetery seance is reported to have taken place on
Halloween Eve, 1969. The padlock on the graveyard's gate was secure on
this calm evening. Following the seance chanting, however, the wind
began to blow and upon leaving the cemetery, the members of the seance
discovered an unlocked gate and no human explanation for the occurrence.
Ida Wachenschwanz, Millfield resident of 54 years, recalls many
nightmarish stories of sweetheart killings and old, spooky cemeteries.
"I've heard the tales since I was a kid, " said Ida. "It's really scary
and makes you not want to go out on Halloween."

_____________

BOOK REVIEW
_____________

This book review was submitted to us by: Patti at: holly-@qx.net

Haunted Houses and Family Ghosts of Kentucky
Written by: William Lynwood Montell, emeritus professor of folk studies
at Western Kentucky University.
Published by: The University Press of Kentucky. It is a
ISBN # 0-8131-2227-9.

Chains rattling in a cellar. Dishes floating in midair. The ghostly
apparition of a long-dead girl vanishing into the night. From the
comforting appearance of a deceased parent in a time of sadness to the
horrifying specter of a spirit from beyond the grave, veteran folklorist
and storyteller Lynwood Montell has harvested dozens of tales of haunted
houses and family ghosts from across the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.
Numerous tales from almost all of Kentucky's 120 counties recall eerie
visitations from ghostly grandmothers, husbands, daughters, uncles,
cousins, babies, slaves, Civil War soldiers, dogs, sheep, and even
wildcats. Montell presents the stories exactly as they were told to or
obtained by him,
leaving the readers to decide whether the thing that goes "bump" in the
night is a mere mouse or monstrous ghost.

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

Is Tampa Theatre really haunted?

The cool air, muted pastels, and starry overhead "sky" create a
supernatural atmosphere in the historic Tampa Theatre. The building is a
mainstay in the ever-changing skyline of downtown Tampa; both were
birthed at nearly the same time. Built in 1926 for an astounding $1.2
million dollars, the theatre has many loyal followers. Some, in fact,
are so devoted to this historic site that they have returned after death
to spend time there.
Who can really blame them? In declining status, the theatre was sold to
the City of Tampa in 1976, added to the National Register of Historic
Places in 1978, and made a Tampa City landmark in 1988. Known for
showing foreign movies, beloved classics, and daring releases, this
movie house continues to be refurbished and returned to its former
glory.
The S.P.I.R.I.T.S. of St. Petersburg traversed to Tampa in order to
investigate reported haunted activity. Arriving bright and early on a
Saturday, the S.P.I.R.I.T.S. were greeted by Marketing Manager Tara
Schroeder, our contact for the hunt. After being escorted into the main
lobby, the team was joined by a two-man camera crew from a local
television station. Once everyone strapped on gear the group headed for
an area known for its strange phenomena: the projection booth.
Almost immediately, activity happened towards the rear of the room. One
of the EMF meters registered an energy spike from a section of wall near
the doorway. At the same time, the accompanying TV cameraman experienced
equipment malfunctions. The tape inside the camera began to fast forward
and the viewfinder lost focus. The cameraman was surprised, for in order
to fast forward the tape, a cover must be removed to access the control
panel, and a button firmly pressed. He remembered doing neither. Shortly
thereafter, the camera batteries lost power and had to be replaced.
Upon descending the staircase to the second floor landing, another EMF
spike occurred, which was recorded on video. In addition, the thermal
scanner indicated a temperature fluctuation, dropping from 72 to
68degrees, then returning back to 72 degrees a few seconds later.
The second floor was hopping after that.....

For the rest of the article, reports, etc., please go to:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/tampatheatre2.html"

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Kendal at: lb-@enter.net

My name is Kendal and my grandmother’s house is haunted. At least it’s
by my family members. Both my great grandparents had died in that house.
Soon after they died weird stuff would happen.
I moved in there because I hadn’t been getting along with my parents.
The upstairs was all to myself. Knowing that my great grandmother had
died in the room I was sleeping in, I had been afraid to go upstairs.
The weirdest thing would happen is I would hear water running. I would
check and sure enough it was running. The other weird experience
happened when I was taking a bath. The lights had gone out. I got up
being so frightened to move and checked the switch. Of course, both
light switches had been pushed down. I knew my great grandmother was
playing with me, but now I feel safe knowing that she is there with me.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

   On Oct. 20th, the SPIRITS (Website:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html" ) is leading a tour of
the Tampa Theater in Tampa, Florida at 12 p.m. for the public. The tour
is free to the public, though they ask for donations at the end (for a
restoration project).

***
   L'Aura Muller co-founder the NJ Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
"http://njghs.net" ) will be presenting the new & expanded slide
presentation "Ghost Hunting 101"?

Oct. 17 at 7:30 PM in Clark, NJ. at the Clark Historical Society's
meeting They are estimating about 300 people in attendance.

Oct. 19 at 7:30 PM The Salt River School in New Providence for the Cub
Scouts.

Oct. 22 (8 PM - I believe) at Xavier Hall for Seton Hall University in
South Orange, NJ

***
   The Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society will be hosting a
Ghost hunting seminar on October 21, 2001 from 3:00 – 5:00 at Sister
Sojourn in Wheat Ridge Colorado.
   If you would like to attend please e-mail them at:
"he-@rockymountainparanormal.com" . There is a very limited seating
arrangement.
   They are also working with several people in the media for the
upcoming "Ghostly season" check back with the web site for updates.
Website at: "http://www.rockymountainparanormal.com"

***
   Dave Juliano, Co-Director of the South Jersey Ghost Research -
"http://www.sjgr.org" has informed us of the following lectures and
seminars being given by his group:
   Lectures include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A. Seminars also
include videos, photos, equipment and Q&A plus equipment demonstrations
and group interaction.

October 11, 2001: Lecture at Blackwood Public Library 15 W. Black Horse
Pike (NJ Route 168) Blackwood, NJ 08012 (609) 228-0022 7pm - admission
is free

October 12, 2001: Booth at The Witches Ball, Mt Holly, NJ High St. 7pm -
admission is free

October 19, 2001: Seminar at Gabreil Davies Tavern, Glendora, NJ 7p-10pm
- ticket info: (856) 784-5243 Money raised goes to the upkeep of this
historic building.

October 25, 2001: Lecture at Bellmawr Public Library 21 E. Browning Road
Bellmawr, NJ 08031 856-933-1319 7pm - admission is free

October 26, 2001: Lecture at Gloucester CO. Courthouse, Woodbury, NJ
These includes and walking ghost tour and lecture. 1 North Broad Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096 for info: pubrel-@sjgr.org

October 27, 2001: Lecture at Gloucester CO. Courthouse, Woodbury, NJ
These includes and walking ghost tour and lecture. 1 North Broad Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096 for info: pubrel-@sjgr.org

October 28, 2001: Seminar at Camden County Historical Society For info:
856-964-3333 Park Blvd. & Euclid Ave. Camden, NJ 08103-3697

October 29, 2001: Lecture at Atco Public Library 2204 ATCO Avenue ATCO,
NJ 08004 856-767-7727 7pm - admission is free

***
Upcoming events of the American Ghost Society (Website:
http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html ):
For those of you in the Illinois / Missouri area (and for some out of
it!), Troy and Amy Taylor hope to see some of you able to turn out for
these entertaining and sometimes chilling events!

October 9: NASHVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY: A presentation by Troy Taylor on
Graveyard Ghosts & Hauntings! 7:00 PM

October 10: GLEN CARBON PUBLIC LIBRARY: A presentation by Troy Taylor on
the History & Hauntings of Illinois 6:30 PM

October 11: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 12: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 13: CENTRAL ILLINOIS AUTHOR'S FAIR: Join Troy Taylor and other
authors from Central Illinois for book signings and presentations at the
Decatur Public Library in Decatur, Illinois. Hear a special presentation
on "Central Illinois' Most Haunted" by Troy Taylor at 1:00 PM

October 13: FRIGHT FEST: Join the American Ghost Society at Six Flag's
Great America in St. Louis with special guest speaker John Brill!

October 14: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis with special guest speakers
David Goodwin (author of the upcoming book, "Ghosts of Jefferson
Barracks") and Robbi Courtaway (author of "Spirits of St. Louis")

October 14: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 15: PEKIN PUBLIC LIBRARY: Join Troy Taylor for a presentation on
Graveyard Ghosts and Hauntings 7:00 PM

October 17: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 18: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 19: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 20: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 21: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 21: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 24: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 25: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:30 PM

October 26: History & Hauntings Tour of Alton 7:00 PM

October 27: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 28: FRIGHT FEST: Join Troy Taylor and the American Ghost Society
at Six Flag's Great America in St. Louis!

October 31: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT !!! Taking names and reservations for
the waiting list, but no new applicants at this time - - -
   Author & Ghost Hunter Troy Taylor has secured the haunted Avon
Theatre in Decatur, Illinois for the ultimate Halloween Ghost Hunting
Adventure! A few lucky visitors will have the chance to get signed up
for an all-night paranormal investigation of the Avon!
   For the first time ever, a group of ghost hunter will be able to
prowl the dark hallways and auditorium of the theater in a all-night
search for the legendary theater's myriad of haunts! Led by Troy Taylor
and the American Ghost Society, investigators will be able to experience
this spirited spot by themselves! Will you be among the lucky few to
Join in the hunt for the Avon's ghosts?
   The evening begins at 8:00 on Halloween Night and lasts until the sun
comes up the following day! Attendees must arrive at the starting time
for the event and if they are too afraid to spend the night and leave
the theater, the door locks behind them! No one who departs from the
building will be able to return that night!
   The evening will include a presentation on the history of the Avon
Theatre and a chronology of the theater's haunting, presented by Troy
Taylor, author of the book "Flickering Images: History & Hauntings of
the Avon Theatre" and president of the American Ghost Society. Following
this, Taylor will also be conducting tours of the theater and then a
presentation on conducting paranormal investigations. This session will
feature ghost photography, equipment demonstrations and how-to use ghost
detection devices.
   Then, at midnight, the attendees will be divided into teams and the
investigation of the theater will begin! And while we cannot guarantee
that anything supernatural will occur during the evening... the Avon has
long been regarded as one of the region's most haunted spots! This may
be your chance to meet one of the Avon's ghosts face-to-face!

What to Bring to Haunted Halloween at the Avon:
- Flashlight
- Notebook and Pen
- Camera and plenty of film
- Video Camera (optional)
- Any Ghost Hunting Equipment that You want to Bring

   Admission to the Event Includes All-Night access to the Theater and
to the Presentations on History & Hauntings, Tour of the Theater, Access
to the Paranormal Investigations, plus:
Copy of Troy Taylor's book "Flickering Images" OR
Copy of "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" OR
$10 off any Ghost Detection Equipment in our catalog OR
a $10 Gift Certificate to the Catalog to be used at a later time!

This is not "Fear" or "Scariest Places on Earth"... this time the
participant is YOU and what happens is REAL!

Sign up now at <https://www.prairieghosts.com/avon31.html>

***
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S MOST HAUNTED: A lecture/slide presentation
focusing on haunted locations in northern California will be presented
by Dennis William Hauck at the Learning Exchange on Friday, October 26,
from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. $35. The Learning Exchange, 650 Howe Ave., Ste.
600, Sacramento, CA 95825. To register, call (916) 929-9200 or fax (916)
929-0806. Website: "http://www.LearningExchange.com".

***
UPCOMING EVENTS WITH THE CAPITAL GHOST FORUM
Website: http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum
Email at: Weav-@aol.com

NEW CUMBERLAND GHOST WALK - Kelly is happy to announce that we will be
doing a
ghost walk in conjunction with the merchants in downtown New Cumberland
this year the weekend of Oct. 19-20. She is incorporating the towns
history into the haunted stories. We will be discussing at least 10
haunted homes on this walking tour. It will be held rain or shine. More
details will follow in the
upcoming newsletters.

BLAIR COUNTY HAUNTED TOURS will be Sunday Oct. 28th. Each tour includes
at least 10 sites, first-hand ghost hunting, and a meal at a haunted
location. The cost for the entire day is $45.95 Reservations by calling
(814) 793-2260 or (814) 941-1130.

INDEPENDENT GHOST HUNTERS CONFERENCE
Saturday April 20, 2002
8:30 registration
Event is 9:00 am-midnight
Contact Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com

Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass
Camp Hill, Pa. 17011
Governors Ballroom (max. Seating is 225)
Free shuttle (24 hour) shuttle service to and from the airport, bus and
train station.

Conference Reservations:
* The cost is $85.00 per person for the conference which includes the
lectures, morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting
until midnight. (Lunch is on your own)
* Rooms are available for $89.00 double occupancy
call hotel direct @ (717) 763-7117
* All reservations must be made by April 5, 2002 please indicate you are
coming to this conference

Conference payments must be made to Kelly L. Weaver by check or credit
card
by March 30, 2002. (when paid in full):
If you desire, you may make 4 easy payments of $21.25.
* First payment is due Aug. 13, 2001
* Second Payment is due Oct. 8, 2001
* Third payment is due Feb.11, 2002
* Fourth payment is due March 11, 2002

The lineup as of September, 2001
(I'm still working on this):
* TROY TAYLOR- noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the largest ghost
research groups in the country. He has appeared on numerous television
programs dealing with the "spirit world." Troy also keeps readers
up-to-date with his Ghosts of the Prairie web page,
(http://www.prairieghosts.com) the Haunted America Update newsletter,
and features a large number of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly)
Troy has written many books on the spirit world including: The Ghost
Hunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work" is titled "No Rest
for the Wicked"......... read it if you dare!

* RON BEACH- Director of the Tri-State Paranormal Research Group based
in Ohio. (http://www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html)
   He is the editor of the very informative Haunted Places Report, an
online newsletter which features ‘real ghost stories', ghost information
from around the world, PLUS, what is on the major television networks
for the coming week dealing with the Paranormal. Very interesting
newsletter! You may subscribe to this FREE newsletter by going to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/HauntedPlaces
Haunted Places website: http://www.haunted-places.com/
Ron will be giving a workshop for beginners on ghost hunting.

* D.B. LYN- author of "The dead won't hurt you". This is a true account
of the authors life growing up in a haunted home. She will recount her
experiences with the spirit world. I'm sure a lot of us will relate to
her stories!

* PATTY WILSON- author of Pa Ghost guide vol. #1 and the newly released
Pa. Ghost Guide vol. #2.
She is co-founder of the Central Pa. Paranormal Association. located in
Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing about Pennsylvania's
wonderful and weird history. She will discuss Pennsylvania's most
haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will make
your hair stand on end!

* KELLY L. WEAVER - is a well respected psychic/medium, and the founder
of the Capital Ghost Forum, located in Camp Hill, Pa. She is also
co-founder of the Independent Ghost Hunters Society and Annual
Conference. She has appeared on national television as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Her latest venture is
appearing with her husband on CAPE TALK South Africa, a paranormal radio
show, which can be heard around the world.
She and her husband John will be regular guests on this radio show
updating listeners on their investigations and encounters with spirits.
Kelly and her husband also host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called
"Visions from the Other Side"
Kelly is the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference hostess and will be
presenting a workshop on Developing your Psychic Abilities and how to
use them while ghost hunting. She will also be a tour guide during the
evening ghost hunt.

* JOHN WEAVER- is a talented artist and photographer who is very active
with his wife Kelly in the ghost investigation field and the Capital
Ghost Forum. He has lectured along with Kelly at local colleges and
Haunted Dining Events. He is a "skeptic" who enjoys using his
instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!" He is an Art
Director and Photographer in an electronics firm located in Lewisberry,
PA.

* SCOTT CROWNOVER - is the co-founder of the Central Pennsylvania
Paranormal Association and if also featured in the book Pa. Ghost guide
vol. #2. He is also a gadget "guru" and will work with John in
instructing a workshop on using equipment while ghost hunting.

We are still lining up others for the lectures and workshops. More
details
to come. Vendors include:
* Troy Taylor- books
* Patty Wilson- books
* D.B. Lyn- books
* Kelly's Magical Garden- oils, lotions and potions to enhance your
spiritual quest.
* The Inner Connection Metaphysical Shoppe- books, CD's, gemstones,
Tarot Cards and more!
* The PA. Paranormal Association- will be taking orders for copies of
the conferences lectures and workshops
* More to come!!!!!!!

***
CRUCIBLE 2001 is a jump-in-the-fire event for anyone interested in
creative transformation. The alchemical adventure will be held on
Saturday, October 13, at the luxurious Delta King Hotel, on the
riverfront in the heart of old Sacramento. Hosted by author and
practicing alchemist Dennis William Hauck, this intensive multimedia
event will focus on the practical and spiritual methods the alchemists
actually used for the transformation of body, mind, and soul.
Demonstrations, experiments, meditations, and other techniques will make
these principles come alive in participants. Before any metal becomes
gold, it must be exposed to the fire of the crucible!
   The Delta King is a five-story, 300-foot-long, completely refurbished
riverboat with eight large meeting rooms, a comfortable bar/lounge, an
award-winning restaurant, and spacious staterooms. Built in 1928, it was
renovated in 1999 to become what U.S. Today calls "a unique meeting
place with AAA five-diamond ratings." Admission is $79 ($99 after August
1). For a free brochure, fill out the form at
"http://www.Crucible.org/Crucible2001.htm" . Contact: :
"in-@crucible.org".

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL:

10/08/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Linda Howe
Website: "http://www.earthfiles.com"
Guest: Chris Ruddy
Website: "http://www.newsmax.com"

10/09/01 - Tue/Wed
TBA

10/10/01 - Wed/Thu
TBA

10/11/01 - Thu/Fri
TBA

10/12/01 - Fri/Sat
TBA

***
ABC:

Nothing listed

***

CBS:

Nothing listed

***

NBC:

Nothing listed.

***

UPN:

Nothing listed.

***

WB Network:

Nothing listed.

***

FOX:

Nothing listed

***

FOX FAMILY CHANNEL

Thu - 10/11 at 10pm - Scariest Places on Earth: Urban Legends

***

FX:

Monday thru Friday at 6pm - X Files

***

THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Nothing listed.

***

PAX TV:

Tue - 10/9 at 9pm - Mysterious Ways
Fri - 10/12 at 9pm - Encounters With The Unexplained: Time Travel / Lost
Years
Sat - 10/14 at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: Child of Wonder

***

DISCOVERY CHANNEL:

Thu - 10/11 at 9pm - would You Believe It: Spirits, Robbers and the Dead

***

HISTORY CHANNEL:

Sat - 10/13 at 11pm - Haunted History: San Francisco

***

SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Mon thru Thursday at 9am - Sightings
Fri - 10/5 at 7pm - The Chronicle: what Gobbles Beneath

***

A&E:

Nothing listed

***

INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm