Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Oct 29, 2001 19:37 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
10/30/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

Although not truly ghost related, the History Channel will be airing
what I feel is an interesting program on Tuesday Oct. 30th, from 10:30
pm to 11:30 pm. The program is titled “Cemeteries” and rated TV G. The
following is a program description from the History Channel.
More than 2-million people die in the U.S. each year. That works out to
about 5,500 burials a day, with roughly 80 per cent taking the long
goodbye in a casket, and the remaining 20 per cent electing to be
cremated or finding some alternative method of crossing eternity's
threshold. We take a look at dealing with the dead throughout the
centuries, and at today's $20-billion funeral industry. Anyway you look
at it, it's a healthy business, with new generations of customers year
after year!

***
Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
Be sure to check out our upcoming events section! Lots of events all
over the country taking place in October.
If you have an event you’d like posted please send the information to
me at: Haunted-@neo.rr.com. In the subject line, be sure to put
“Upcoming Event”. Remember, this newsletter has an international
readership, so even if your event is not in the U.S. we’ll still post
it.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Last week we ran an announcement about an ghost hunt and interview that
The Ghost Hounds did for a program “Interact Atlanta” with is owned by
the TBS network. Photos from this ghost hunt will soon be posted on the
Ghost Hounds website at: http://www.ghosthounds.com/

***
We received the following email from Donna at: yave-@worldnet.att.net
.

We would like you to check out our new website for the Foundation for
Paranormal Research based in Atlanta, Georgia! Our organization is
slightly over a year old and we are strictly scientifically oriented in
our research on the paranormal. We do not condone any ouija boards,
occult practices or use psychics. We do not use our website to sell any
product either! Our website
is "http://www.paranormalresearchonline.com"
Donna
Membership Director

***
The following item was submitted to us by Troy and Amy Taylor of the
American Ghost Society (website: "http://www.prairieghosts.com" )

Looking for ghosts? Well, we are!
WE NEED YOUR HELP: October is upon us and its time for the media to
start trying out their annual ghost stories in magazines and newspapers!
They don't realize that ghosts are around all year long but we have to
take advantage of this one time when they wake up and start reporting
them. Here's where we need your help!
If you find stories about ghosts and haunted places in your area... or
perhaps you're a local ghost hunter who is featured in a regional
newspaper... or even if you find a good ghost story in a new magazine or
paper you are reading.... SEND IT TO US! We are trying to collect more
materials for the "Haunted Museum" files that once they are more
complete, can be opened to the public and to researchers. The collection
continues to grow, but we are looking for more! We'll even be happy to
credit the postage that you
spend toward books from the catalog!

Here's our address:
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street
Alton, Illinois 62002

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

This interview is from STLtoday ( http://www.stltoday.com/ ). This is an
interview of noted paranormal researcher and author Troy Taylor.

Troy Taylor is the President of the American Ghost Society, located in
Alton, Illinois, often referred to as "the most haunted small town in
America." Though ghosts manifest year-round, Halloween is naturally the
Society's "busy season," and Taylor spends most of the month
conducting"Haunted Alton" Tours (sorry folks, this year's sold out), and
giving lectures on ghosts and the paranormal. Taylor also organizes an
annualGhost Society conference, and is the author of "Haunted Alton,"
"The Haunting of America," "Haunted St. Louis," and several other books
on paranormal phenomenon, which you can pick up at Taylor's shop, the
History and Hauntings Bookstore, located at 515 East Third Street in
Alton. The shop carries over 400 titles on hauntings and the paranormal,
local history, Western Americana and the Civil War, and as well as rare
and out-of-print books. Taylor took a little time out of his hectic
October schedule to sit down with STLtoday and talk about what ghosts
are, what they aren't, and how to find them.

STLtoday: This is the most obvious question but, how did you become
interested in ghosts and hauntings?

Taylor: I don't think that I so much as "became" interested in ghosts
and hauntings, but perhaps was born that way. I can't remember a time,
even as a small child, when I was not interested in ghosts, legends and
folklore. My early memories of such things involved children's and young
adult books of true ghost stories and unexplained mysteries. I suppose
that some people grew out of such interests, but I never did. Later on,
as my interests turned to writing, I began collecting stories of ghosts
and haunted places around the town where I grew up. I wrote my first
book in 1994. It was well received, and I have since followed it up with
20 more. I feel lucky to be able to do something that so interests me
and actually do it for a living.

STLtoday: So how did Alton earn its title "One of the Most Haunted Small
Towns In America?"

Taylor: This reputation was given to Alton a few years before I moved
herein 1998, by FATE, the paranormal magazine. Since moving here, I have
tried to uphold that reputation, because Alton really is one of the more
haunted small towns that I have been able to find it's certainly one of
the most haunted in this region. I have traveled all over the country in
the last 10 years or so, and it's rare to find small towns with the sort
of history and haunted tales that we have here. And I really believe the
history is the key. Many people ask what makes the town so haunted, and
I always say, "the events of yesterday create the hauntings of today."
Few towns can boast such a dark history of murder, death, disease,
floods, the Underground Railroad, a Civil War prison and more.

STLtoday: What's your take on the Piasa bird? [The Piasa is an
Indianpetroglyph near Alton that features a fanged, clawed, human-faced
monstrous bird].

Taylor: I have never thought that the story of the Piasa bird was
anything other than an old legend, but it is true that it's a very old
tale, and that Marquette and Jolliett made a reference to the creature,
or rather two of them, with no wings back in 1673. Such a history can
make you wonder if the myth might have some truth behind it. I only
mention this because there's a story from the 1840's about a professor
named John Russell, who wrote that he was taken to a cave along the
Mississippi River, and the floor was covered with human bones. Locals
stated that it was the lair of the Piasa bird.

STLtoday: Give us a thumbnail description of what you'd find in a
"GhostHunter's Toolkit."

Taylor: A "Ghost Hunter's Tool Kit" is really the essential items that
are brought along when researching or seeking out ghosts. Over the past
few years, a lot of "gee-whiz" devices have been added to the ghost
hunter's arsenal, and while these things can be effective, they will
never replace good, old-fashioned common sense and items like a
notebooks, pens, a camera, a recording device and of course, the one
thing no ghost hunter should be without...a handy flashlight.

STLtoday: For people who suspect they might have a ghost in their house,
what are some signs to look for that might suggest that their home is
indeed haunted?

Taylor: I always want to caution people to not jump to the conclusion
that they have a ghost in their house. The vast majority of cases that I
have investigated have nothing to do with ghosts. I always look for a
natural explanation for the strange things being reported before I
assume that it's a ghost. Usually, my advice for the occupants of the
house is to keep a journal of any strange things that occur, as well as
when and where they happened. That way, a pattern can be developed, and
a haunting can either be pursued or ruled out. Things to look for
include doors that open or close by themselves; lights that turn on and
off; odd behavior by appliances or television sets; knocking or
scratching sounds; footsteps in empty rooms or halls; pets that begin
behaving oddly; unexplained cold drafts, winds or smells; and of course,
sightings of figures in the house. Of course, any of these things can be
explained away, except perhaps for the sightings of the ghosts! But a
competent researcher will know what to look for, and hopefully can help
the home owner to determine if anything strange is really going on or
not. An investigation can be very intrusive in a home, and will require
hours of waiting and watching, interviews and research into the history
of the place. It can all be very time consuming and there are no quick
fixes to most cases.

STLtoday: What's the most unnerving investigation you've ever done?

Taylor: I have been out on a lot of investigations, but the most
unnerving was probably the night when I actually saw a ghost! Keep in
mind, that I had been doing this for almost 10 years at the time, and I
had experienced some strange things, but had never actually seen a
ghost. The investigation was an outing to an allegedly haunted farm in
northwest Indiana. I went there with some other researchers, who had
been there before. They told me of their experiences with cold spots and
strange photographs, so I decidedto go along. To make a long story
short, we spent several uneventful hours on the farm. Then around
midnight, a friend and I were sitting in the barn in pitch darkness,
just waiting to see if anything would happen. A white light filled an
entryway just inside the barn door, which was closed at the time. It was
so bright that it lit up the interior of the barn. Then it moved
sideways and passed through a wooden wall, into a horse stall. This was
all at the speed of a fast walk. Then the light moved though the barn
and disappeared out the back wall! We followed it outside, but it was
gone. Whatever this thing was, and I do think it was a ghost, we could
not find an explanation for it. We tried duplicating the experience with
flashlights, but no light could get into the building. There was simply
no other explanation that to say that it was something from out of this
world.

STLtoday: What is the most irrefutable piece of evidence you've seen
that substantiates the existence of ghosts?

Taylor: While we are unable to prove that ghosts exist scientifically, I
do believe that it can be done in other ways. For science, ghosts would
have to appear in a laboratory and be recorded doing the same thing over
and over again. Obviously, this will never happen. However, I think that
we can acquire "historical" proof of ghosts. An example of this can be
seen in a case that I was involved with a few years ago. A house was
reported to be haunted by a young couple living there, who described a
man who was seen in the house. During my research, I spoke to several
previous owners of the house, and all of them described an identical
man. The previous owners had had absolutely no contact with the current
owners, and I found this to be too much for mere coincidence. So I began
looking into the history of the place, and managed to find a photo of a
past owner, who had committed suicide under mysterious circumstances.
The previous owners, and the current ones, were able to pick the photo
from several others as the ghost they had been seen haunting the place.
That was one that I couldn't find another explanation for.

STLtoday: Most people use the word "ghost" to describe any type of
unusual phenomenon they can't explain. What are some other types of
paranormal activities that aren't necessarily ghosts?

Taylor: Perhaps the most common type of haunting is actually what I call
a "residual haunting". This is different than the type of ghost that
most people are familiar with because it's really just an impression
that's been left on the atmosphere of a place. These events (or
impressions) often replay themselves over and over again, like an old
film loop or a recording and they don't have the consciousness behind
them that most people associate with ghosts. At sites where traumatic
events have taken place, this type of haunting can often be reported. We
have a well-known local site in Alton with the old Confederate prison.
The horrible events that occurred here, and the deaths that took place,
made an impression that has lasted for more than a century. People still
sometimes report hearing the sounds of cries, shouts, weeping and even
gunfire.

STLtoday: Have you ever conducted investigations at the Lemp Mansion,
one of St. Louis' most notorious "haunted" sites?

Taylor: I have been involved with several investigations at the Lemp
Mansion, both with small groups and with other members of the American
Ghost Society. While I haven't personally experienced anything here that
I would consider unexplainable, many reliable associates and witnesses
have, leading me to feel that the place is haunted. I have collected
many such accounts over the years and I am currently compiling them for
a book that I have coming out in early 2002 called "Haunted St. Louis."

STLtoday: What sorts of sites seem to be the most paranormally "active?"

Taylor: I have found that just about any site with a lot of history,
especially violent history, has the chance to become haunted. As I have
stated, it is these events of the past that create hauntings and whether
the ghosts that are present are spirits of unfinished business or merely
lingering images from the past, you are much more apt to find ghosts at
historic spots.

STLtoday: What's the best advice you could give to a novice ghost
hunter?

Taylor: My best advice is to remember that there are no "experts" when
it comes to ghosts and hauntings. No one has all the answers and it's
all right to say, "I don't know". All that a person can do is conduct
all of their research to their best of their ability, never jump to
conclusions and to always keep an open mind to any possibility! It takes
a lot of hard work to be a successful ghost hunter, but it can also be a
lot of fun too. Never give up too easily and just keep looking... there
are ghosts and haunted places out there but you have to go looking for
them because they aren't going to come to you!

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From the Ananova News Service ( www.ananova.com )
Filed Wednesday October 17, 2001

Interactive Ghost Hunt Planned for TV
A TV company is planning what it claims is the UK's first live
interactive paranormal investigation. The Sci-Fi Channel will plant a
small team of investigators in a house which is said to be haunted.
Viewers will be able to follow the investigation 24 hours a day on the
internet and use their PCs to help the team analyze the data recorded
there.
Highlights of the house <http://www.themazehouse.tv> will then be
broadcast on cable and digital television. The investigation will take
place over the course of a week later this month and web cams will catch
any ghostly action. Instruments throughout the house will collect
electro-magnetic field data which can be downloaded and processed on an
'analysis screensaver.

***
And in a related story , filed Monday October 22nd with Ananova:
A TV company is banning mobile phones from a haunted house in case
their electrical interference scares off ghosts. The Sci-Fi Channel
claim its broadcasting the UK's first live paranormal investigation.
The channel says sightings of ghosts have declined as mobile phone
calls and text messages have increased.
According to Steven Millington, who is leading the investigation, the
number of ghost sightings remained consistent for centuries, with two
new ones every week. But he believes paranormal activity may now be
getting "drowned out" by electrical interference. "Since the
introduction of mobile phones 15 years ago, sightings have declined to
the point where there are now almost none," he said.
He and his team will be doing 24-hour monitoring of
"http://www.themazehouse.tv" for paranormal activity, and want to avoid
anything that might scare ghosts off.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Renee at:studyc-@hotmail.com
I used to own a three bedroom tract house. No history as it was built
in 1974. When my husband and I separated I began hearing keys jingling.
I would get up and nothing was there. The next morning my daughter asked
what was the key jingling all about.
A man began to appear in my doorway, he would just lean against the
doorpost then disappear. I wasn't scared, just irritated that he
wouldn't leave and he would always wake me up. I began locking my
bedroom door but, in the middle of the night there he would be with the
door wide open.
One evening my daughter had two friends over watching videos. One of
her friends looked down the hall and asked, "Who's that guy standing
there”, then her friend jumped up and said “Hey ,he just disappeared!"
Her friend later told me he wasn't coming over anymore because the ghost
freaked him out.
My dad is a devote Christian and came over praying for the house. The
same night I woke up and shouted "He's here". I ran to the window and
the man was sitting in my car, he looked very mad. The next week I was
cleaning out the storage part of our corner set when the lid slammed
down on my arm. I was unable to lift the lid though I tried with all my
might. The kids came running and tried to lift it to no avail. It
finally let go and I was bruised for two weeks. The man came more often
after that, shouting my mothers name and hovering over me and my oldest
daughter.
I had to pray for peace to surround me. He disappeared after that. I
moved to a new house (not because of the haunting, just a better house).
My daughter was three months pregnant and we were all looking forward to
having a baby in the house. The night before her first ultrasound I was
awakened by an elderly man standing by the bed. Where he was standing
was on the wrong side of me, there was abed there, not bedside floor
area. He didn't speak, just communicated that there had been a death.
Someone was dead and did I understand. I kept telling him, “Yes I
understand“. He told me to repeat what he had communicated. I repeated
out loud,"Someone has died, I understand what you're saying." He nodded
his head and left. He walked to a place outdoors where there was a BBQ
going on (not my yard). Sounds like a dream right? Well., we went to the
doctor and I had forgotten about the man. The doctor was unable to
detect a heart beat in the baby after several tests the baby was
determined to be deceased.

***
From: Serey at: sereyal-@netscape.net
I would like to share this experience that I had when my sister-in-law
died in November, 1991. This happened when I was at home since I wasn't
working at that time, having arrived here in the US in August from the
Philippines.
It was late in the afternoon/early evening that I got me a glass of
water to drink. After drinking, I immediately washed the glass since I
don't like leaving unwashed dishes on/in the sink. How surprised I was
after I shut off the faucet to see a long crack from the top going
straight down to the bottom of the glass. I was sure that before I used
the glass that it was fine since it was brand new and there were no
chips or cracks yet to it. I really couldn't figure out how it happened.
I then decided to keep it to show my husband when he got home.
Later in the evening while we were having a late dinner, we received a
long distance call from my in-laws with the news that my sister-in-law
had just passed away. Needless to say, both of us had a sleepless &
restless night. Early the next day (before dawn), my husband left for
work and after sending him off, I went back to bed , I was still too
tired and sleepy from lack of rest from the night before. Not long after
that, I felt a presence in the room. I wasn't sure what it was but I
strongly felt that I wasn't alone in the room.   Physically my body was
tired and wanted to go to sleep but mentally, my mind was trying to
struggle to wake up and be alert of whatever is in the room with me. My
body is trying to tell me that I was dreaming but my mind is
contradicting that.
At first it was only a presence that I felt, then slowly, it was
turning into a ball of white light until it formed an apparition. I
could sense that it was a lady with a long flowing white robe. By this
time, my body was shaking out of fear. I wanted to shout to wake myself
up or open my eyes, but for some reason, my body seemed to be frozen and
stiff. Even though I couldn't see a recognizable face on it, in my heart
I know that my visitor was none other than my sister-in-law who just
died.
The apparition floated towards me and before I knew it, planted a kiss
on my forehead. I felt a warm and soothing energy go through me and soon
after that I suddenly woke up, as if released from invisible chains that
has paralyzed my body a few moments ago. I cried and cried after that,
for I knew that she came to say goodbye to me. My sister-in-law & I were
such good friends and allies that I wouldn't be surprised if somebody
tells me that we had a very loving relationship in our past lives. I am
just grateful that she came to visit me before she went to the other
side. I know that she is looking after me & my family.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Pat Fitzhugh author of The Bell Witch: The Full Account will be holding
book signings, appearances at following places and times. You can visit
his website at: "http://www.bellwitch.org" and view the press release of
his book at:
("http://www.armandpress.com/new_releases.htm")

Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween)
Bell Witch Special Guest Discussion
7:00 - 8:00 PM
NewsChannel5's "Open Line"
Cable TV Channel 50
Nashville and Middle Tennessee Area
Contact: Maydean Eberling
(615) 244-5000
"http://www.newschannel5.com"

Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween)
Post-TV Show Book Signing
8:30 - 10:00 PM
MediaPlay @ Rivergate
2101 N. Gallatin Rd. (Across from Rivergate Mall)
Nashville, TN 37115
Contact: Store Personnel
(615) 851-1586
"http://www.mediaplay.com"

Sunday November 4th
Signing and Lecture
2:00-4:00 PM
Davis-Kidd Booksellers
387 Perkins Rd. Extended
Memphis, TN 38117
Contact: Store Personnel
(901) 683-9801
"http://www.daviskidd.com"

Friday November 9th
Lecture
8:30-10:00 AM
Journeys Beyond Paranormal Conference
Adams Mark Hotel
Mobile, AL
More info: "http://www.journeysbeyond.com"

***
Upcoming events of the American Ghost Society (Website:
http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html ):
For those of you in the Illinois / Missouri area (and for some out of
it!), Troy and Amy Taylor hope to see some of you able to turn out for
these entertaining and sometimes chilling events!

October 31: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT !!! Taking names and reservations for
the waiting list, but no new applicants at this time - - -
   Author & Ghost Hunter Troy Taylor has secured the haunted Avon
Theatre in Decatur, Illinois for the ultimate Halloween Ghost Hunting
Adventure! A few lucky visitors will have the chance to get signed up
for an all-night paranormal investigation of the Avon!
   For the first time ever, a group of ghost hunter will be able to
prowl the dark hallways and auditorium of the theater in a all-night
search for the legendary theater's myriad of haunts! Led by Troy Taylor
and the American Ghost Society, investigators will be able to experience
this spirited spot by themselves! Will you be among the lucky few to
Join in the hunt for the Avon's ghosts?
   The evening begins at 8:00 on Halloween Night and lasts until the sun
comes up the following day! Attendees must arrive at the starting time
for the event and if they are too afraid to spend the night and leave
the theater, the door locks behind them! No one who departs from the
building will be able to return that night!
   The evening will include a presentation on the history of the Avon
Theatre and a chronology of the theater's haunting, presented by Troy
Taylor, author of the book "Flickering Images: History & Hauntings of
the Avon Theatre" and president of the American Ghost Society. Following
this, Taylor will also be conducting tours of the theater and then a
presentation on conducting paranormal investigations. This session will
feature ghost photography, equipment demonstrations and how-to use ghost
detection devices.
   Then, at midnight, the attendees will be divided into teams and the
investigation of the theater will begin! And while we cannot guarantee
that anything supernatural will occur during the evening... the Avon has
long been regarded as one of the region's most haunted spots! This may
be your chance to meet one of the Avon's ghosts face-to-face!

What to Bring to Haunted Halloween at the Avon:
- Flashlight
- Notebook and Pen
- Camera and plenty of film
- Video Camera (optional)
- Any Ghost Hunting Equipment that You want to Bring

   Admission to the Event Includes All-Night access to the Theater and
to the Presentations on History & Hauntings, Tour of the Theater, Access
to the Paranormal Investigations, plus:
Copy of Troy Taylor's book "Flickering Images" OR
Copy of "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" OR
$10 off any Ghost Detection Equipment in our catalog OR
a $10 Gift Certificate to the Catalog to be used at a later time!

This is not "Fear" or "Scariest Places on Earth"... this time the
participant is YOU and what happens is REAL!

Sign up now at <https://www.prairieghosts.com/avon31.html>

***
Upcoming events of the Parapsychology Foundation :

PF OUTREACH PROGRAM
Carlos S. Alvarado, PhD, the Foundation ’s Chairman of Domestic and
International Programs and noted researcher, will discuss ghosts and
apparitions within the context of parapsychological research, including
experience reports and field investigations.
Thursday, November 8, 2001 6:30 PM
Merchant ’s House Museum, 29 East 4th Street,NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-777-1089. $20 donation.

PERSPECTIVES FILM PRESENTATION
Selections drawn from PF ’s extensive audio-visual archive including
the US premier of Adrin Neatrour ’s "Spoonbenders ."
Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:00 PM
New York Academy of Sciences, 2 East 63rd Street, NYC
$10 donation.

PERSPECTIVES LECTURE
Renowned author of Edgar Cayce, An American Prophet, Sidney D.
Kirkpatrick, will present: "Dueling psychics: Edgar Cayce and Eileen J.
Garrett." Book signing.
Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:00 PM
Parapsychology Foundation, 228 East 71st Street, NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-628-1550. $10 donation.

***
INDEPENDENT GHOST HUNTERS CONFERENCE
Saturday April 20, 2002
8:30 registration
Event is 9:00 am-midnight
Contact Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com

Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass
Camp Hill, Pa. 17011
Governors Ballroom (max. Seating is 225)
Free shuttle (24 hour) shuttle service to and from the airport, bus and
train station.

Conference Reservations:
* The cost is $85.00 per person for the conference which includes the
lectures, morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting
until midnight. (Lunch is on your own)
* Rooms are available for $89.00 double occupancy
call hotel direct @ (717) 763-7117
* All reservations must be made by April 5, 2002 please indicate you are
coming to this conference

Conference payments must be made to Kelly L. Weaver by check or credit
card
by March 30, 2002. (when paid in full):
If you desire, you may make 4 easy payments of $21.25.
* First payment is due Aug. 13, 2001
* Second Payment is due Oct. 8, 2001
* Third payment is due Feb.11, 2002
* Fourth payment is due March 11, 2002

The lineup as of September, 2001
(I'm still working on this):
* TROY TAYLOR- noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the largest ghost
research groups in the country. He has appeared on numerous television
programs dealing with the "spirit world." Troy also keeps readers
up-to-date with his Ghosts of the Prairie web page,
(http://www.prairieghosts.com) the Haunted America Update newsletter,
and features a large number of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly)
Troy has written many books on the spirit world including: The Ghost
Hunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work" is titled "No Rest
for the Wicked"......... read it if you dare!

* RON BEACH- Director of the Tri-State Paranormal Research Group based
in Ohio. (http://www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html)
   He is the editor of the very informative Haunted Places Report, an
online newsletter which features ‘real ghost stories', ghost information
from around the world, PLUS, what is on the major television networks
for the coming week dealing with the Paranormal. Very interesting
newsletter! You may subscribe to this FREE newsletter by going to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/HauntedPlaces
Haunted Places website: http://www.haunted-places.com/
Ron will be giving a workshop for beginners on ghost hunting.

* D.B. LYN- author of "The dead won't hurt you". This is a true account
of the authors life growing up in a haunted home. She will recount her
experiences with the spirit world. I'm sure a lot of us will relate to
her
stories!

* PATTY WILSON- author of Pa Ghost guide vol. #1 and the newly released
Pa. Ghost Guide vol. #2.
   She is co-founder of the Central Pa. Paranormal Association. located
in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing about Pennsylvania's
wonderful and weird history. She will discuss Pennsylvania's most
haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will make
your hair stand on end!

* KELLY L. WEAVER - is a well respected psychic/medium, and the founder
of the Capital Ghost Forum, located in Camp Hill, Pa. She is also
co-founder of the Independent Ghost Hunters Society and Annual
Conference. She has appeared on national television as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Her latest venture is
appearing with her husband on CAPE TALK South Africa, a paranormal radio
show, which can be heard around the world.
She and her husband John will be regular guests on this radio show
updating listeners on their investigations and encounters with spirits.
Kelly and her husband also host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called
"Visions from the Other Side"
Kelly is the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference hostess and will be
presenting a workshop on Developing your Psychic Abilities and how to
use them while ghost hunting. She will also be a tour guide during the
evening ghost hunt.

* JOHN WEAVER- is a talented artist and photographer who is very active
with his wife Kelly in the ghost investigation field and the Capital
Ghost Forum. He has lectured along with Kelly at local colleges and
Haunted Dining Events. He is a "skeptic" who enjoys using his
instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!" He is an Art
Director and Photographer in an electronics firm located in Lewisberry,
PA.

* SCOTT CROWNOVER - is the co-founder of the Central Pennsylvania
Paranormal Association and if also featured in the book Pa. Ghost guide
vol. #2. He is also a gadget "guru" and will work with John in
instructing a workshop on using equipment while ghost hunting.

We are still lining up others for the lectures and workshops. More
details
to come. Vendors include:
* Troy Taylor- books
* Patty Wilson- books
* D.B. Lyn- books
* Kelly's Magical Garden- oils, lotions and potions to enhance your
spiritual quest.
* The Inner Connection Metaphysical Shoppe- books, CD's, gemstones,
Tarot Cards and more!
* The PA. Paranormal Association- will be taking orders for copies of
the conferences lectures and workshops
* More to come!!!!!!!
___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

LOTS OF GOOD HALLOWEEN SHOWS THIS WEEK!!!
I TRIED TO LIST THEM ALL, HOPE YOUR FAVORITES ARE ON THE LIST!!! UNPLUG
THE PHONE, BREAK OUT THE POPCORN AND SODA!!!!!!
DON'T FRESH BATTERIES FOR THE REMOTE!!!

ART BELL:

10/29/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Brad Steiger
Website: "http://www.bradandsherry.com"

10/30/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Kathleen Keating
Investigative Journalist
Website: "http://www.kathleenkeating.com"

10/31/01 - Wed/Thu
GHOST TO GHOST

11/01/01 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Leland Gregory
Website: "http://www.wacky911.com"

11/02/01 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
ABC
Tue- 30th at 8pm - It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

***
WGN
Tue - 30th at 8pm - Amityville 1992: It’s About time

***
FOX FAMILY
Tue - 30th at 10pm - Haunted
Wed - 31st at 9pm - Lost Souls
Thu - 1st at 8pm - World’s Scariest Places
Fri - 2nd at 10pm - Exploring the Unknown

***
TOON
Scooby Doo Night Starts at 8pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***
USA
Tue - 30th at 9pm - Bride of Chucky
Tue - 30th at 11pm - Child’s Play III
Wed -31st at 9pm - Halloween II
Sat - 3rd at 9pm - Bride of Chucky

***
FOOD
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Emeril’s Tricks & Treats
Wed - 31st at 10pm - Haunted Restaurants

***
TNT
Tue - 30th at 11pm - The Craft
Wed - 31st at 11pm - The Poltergeists

***
BRAVO
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Wed - 31st at 11:30pm - Bram Stoker’s Dracula

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL
Tue - 30th at 8pm - The Entity: Terror Comes at Night
Tue - 30th at 9pm - Hauntings Across America
Tue - 30th at 11pm - Haunted Light Houses

***
THE TRAVEL CHANNEL
Tue - 30th at 8pm - Castle Ghost of Ireland
Tue - 30th at 10pm - Places of Mystery
Tue - 30th at 11pm - Castle Ghost of Ireland
Wed - 31st at 8pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: World’s best Haunted
Places
Wed - 31st at 9pm - America’s Most Haunted
Wed - 31st at 10pm - World’s Bloodiest Dungeons
Wed - 31st at 11pm - America’s Most Haunted Place: World’s Best Haunted
Places
Thu - 1st at 11pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: Chicago
Fri - 2nd at 8pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: San Francisco
Fri - 2nd at 11pm - America’s Most Haunted Places : San Francisco
Sat - 3rd at 8pm - Haunted Hotels
Sat - 3rd at 9pm- America’s Most Haunted Places: Las Vegas
Sat - 3rd at 10pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: New York
Sat - 3rd at 11pm - Haunted Hotels

***
HGTV
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Ghostly Homes
Wed - 31st at 9pm - Ghostly Homes of Charleston
Wed - 31st at 10pm - Ghostly Homes of Cape Cod
Wed - 31st at 11pm - Ghostly Homes

***
TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES
Wed - 31st at 9:30pm - Nosferatu (You gotta see this classic!)
Wed - 31st at 11pm - Fearless Vampire Killers

***
FX
Wed - 31st at 10pm - Blair Witch Project
Sat - 23rd at 8pm - Aliens

***
COMEDY
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood

***
AMC
Tue - 30th at 8pm - The Omen Legacy
Tue - 30th at 10pm - The Omen
Wed -31st at 8pm - Fright Night

***
TVLAND
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Halloween on TVLand

***
HISTORY CHANNEL
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Haunted History of Halloween
Fri - 2nd at 9pm - Haunted History: San Francisco
Fri - 2nd at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Body Snatchers

***
PAX TV
Tue -30th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Condemned
Sun - 4th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: Lost Soul

***
SHOWTIME
Tue - 30th at 8pm - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch II

***
ENCORE
Tue -30th at 8pm - Ghostbusters II
Wed - 31st at 8pm - Body Snatchers
Wed - 31st at 9:30pm - From Dusk Til Dawn
Wed - 31st at 11:30pm - The Blob

***
ENCORE MYSTERIES
Tue - 30th at 8pm - The Shining

***
FMC
Tue - 30th at 8pm - The Legend of Hell House
Tue - 30th at 10pm - The Exorcist III

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Wed - 31st at 7pm - The Prophecy II
Wed - 31st at 9pm - The Prophecy III: The Ascent

***
DISNEY
Wed - 31st at 7pm - Halloweentown
Wed - 31st at 9pm - Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge
Wed - 31st at 10pm - Halloweentown
Wed - 31st at 11:30pm - Halloweentown II: Kalbar’s Revenge

***
DISCOVERY KIDS
Wed - 31st - Truth or Scare Night starts at 8pm

***
CINEMAX
Wed - 31st at 8:30pm - How to Make a Monster
Wed - 31st at 11:30pm - How to Make a Monster

***
TMC
Wed - 31st at 9pm - Sleepy Hollow

***
SPICE
Wed - 31st at 9pm - Ghost Town (Not for the kids!)

***
VH1
Fri - 2nd at 11pm - Michael Jackson: Ghost

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Bi-weekly on Mondays
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/