Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Nov 12, 2001 15:58 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
11/13/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Book Review
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

Almost weekly we receive email from our readers asking for information
about hauntings in their areas, groups they can join, groups to do an
investigation, etc... Because of these emails we have added a new
section to the newsletter titled “Seeking Information”.
If you can provide help or information to the senders of these emails
please do. If you are sending us a question to be used in this section
please be aware that your email address will be included so people can
respond to you. Also remember, that due to the vast number of

***
Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

M.A.J.D.A. , a paranormal research group based in Alliance, Ohio will be
investigating reports of a haunting at Squire’s Castle in Cleveland,
Ohio on Saturday, Nov. 17th. More information can be found on their
website at: http://www.majda.net/. They will be assisted by members of
the Tri State Paranormal Research Group which is based in Salem, Ohio.

***
From Patty at: pine-@pennswoods.net
Does anyone know of a website by the name Paranormal Research
Foundation? If so, please direct me to it. I am an author and researcher
and did a copyright check with the Library of Congress on that name and
came up with nothing. However, since my group adopted it, we have heard
that a website with that name exists and that it has since 1994. We were
also told that this group is mostly dedicated to UFO research. I'd like
to locate this group and verify this information. If it is true, then we
will have to choose a new name. Copyright or not, we certainly don't
want to infringe upon anyone else's hard work.

***
From Brialee at: skywa-@cybrzn.com
Attention Wisconsin and U.P. residents! Brialee E. Walker, Director of
Operations of The P.I.T., has recently established The Northwoods Ghost
Society. We are looking for new members from our area to join in on our
monthly meetings. Please check out "http://www.ngs2.homestead.com" and
submit an application for membership today! Finally a society just for
us created by one of us!

***
From Cassandra at: cassa-@ipfrs.com
The Indiana Paranormal Field Research Society (I.P.F.R.S.) would like
to announce their new website which can be found at
"http://www.ipfrs.com". THE I.P.F.R.S. is based in Central Indiana and
is dedicated to the investigation of paranormal phenomena of all types.
Our primary focus lies in investigation of alleged ghost and haunting
activity. In our site can be found the results of some of our work. We
welcome visitor submissions and absolutely safeguard the confidentiality
of anyone utilizing our services. We offer our assistance free of
charge.

***
From PAwebcasting Network at hel-@pawebcast.cc
The LIVE365 stream is FM quality but broadcasts in mono. Our NEW Real
Media stream is FM quality in Stereo. Here is the link to try it out
instantly
"http://media-server.millenianet.com:554/ramgen/encoder/broadcast.rm"
As long as you connect faster than 28.8 you will get us in stereo.
Support note: Some new PC's have 3-d audio available for new games,
most of you don't use it, but it can cause our stereo stream to sound
less than clear. To turn this off, just bring up your Windows
mixer/volume control, look for the ADVANCED button, click on it, and
take the check mark out next to 3-D audio. There sound better? You bet!
We have loads of new archives available, the links are below.
Clickable, listenable shows right in an
email! No Attachments! Just good listening!

Visions From the Other Side
Kelly & John Weaver investigate the paranormal.
"http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions11_4.ram"
"http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions10_28.ram"

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

From our feature writer Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
This article concerns an investigation completed by the St. Petersburg,
Florida based paranormal research group SPIRITS (
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html" ).

The eclectic town of Tarpon Springs holds many fascinating things.
Descended from Greek settlers, this area is rich with historic flavor,
where cultures combine in a melee of bygone and modern eras. Yet, there
is more to this city than meets the eye: invisible people still lurk
about, hidden among the hubbub of the tourist traffic and the salty
scents of freshly plucked sponges drying in the sun.
For Eleni Simeon-Oakley, owner of the Seahorse on the Docks, a long
established store in the heart of downtown Tarpon Springs, the
paranormal activities started with the all-too-familiar feeling of being
watched. Often, while she worked alone in her shop, which sells
fragrant hand made soaps, the works of local artisans, and a variety of
metaphysical items, Eleni sensed that she was not alone.
"I am an artist, myself. The shop is also a studio of sorts for me. I
used to paint in here a lot. I noticed that whenever I was in one
particular area of the store, sometimes I would swear that out of the
corner of my eye I saw something. But, it was always just a "flash"
image, never anything more than that."
The building housing the storefront was a machine shop until 1934 when
Eleni's grandfather bought it. After renovations, he opened the Seahorse
on the Dock. Eleni's grandmother reworked the backyard into a spiritual
center, which remains to this day. Inside the store, many images stand
sentry against the influence of the evil eye, including garlic hanging
by a back doorway, and a large stained glass eye in the back office.
It has also drawn its share of interesting customers. One woman,
claiming to be psychic, used dowsing rods in the store. She believed she
found a vortex of negative energy running diagonally through the
location, coming from a wall shared between the shop and a local
restaurant. She advised
doing a mental grounding, symbolically forcing the vortex down into the
ground where its energies would be neutralized.
The SPIRITS team also felt some unusual things were going on inside the
store. Almost immediately, several members were drawn to a particular
area, which we later determined was the notorious "vortex wall".
We tested the wall, first, using a standard Boy Scout compass. The
compass, sensitive to EMF (electromagnetic energy) changed directions
when held up to the wall, shifting 3 to 4 degrees away from "true
north".
The EMF meters also confirmed this unusual energy fluctuation. The
SPIRITS explored the surrounding area, thoroughly checking the wall.
Since the wall is shared, several team members examined the side
belonging to the neighboring restaurant. No outside influences could be
found to explain our readings.
As the investigation continued, a second area of activity was found. A
side door, outside of the shop's office, lead to the garden outside. Two
members walking in the area paused beside the door. One person felt a
wave of dizziness pass through her, while nearly a second later the
other reported chills. EMF was not detected through the meters, though
the compass again lost true north in this area.
The post investigation interview revealed that this was an area of
anomalous activity. Every afternoon, the owner's black lab stands at the
door. At 4:00 the dog barks, though no one has determined who - or what
is the object of his attention.
Eleni has had a strange experience in the store involving the door. A
woman, dressed as a tourist, seemingly manifested near the "vortex
wall." She walked through the shop area, passing by the periphery of the
cashier counter, and vanished as she reached the door. She has not been
seen since.
Currently, this door remains a point of contention. Employees who go
out into the garden beyond return to find the door locked. The door
locks only from the inside, the store is closed and locked, and no one
can be found inside the building. The build of the handle does not allot
for accidental latching, either.
The post-investigation interview also revealed other points about the
area. One possible culprit for the haunting may be a deceased friend of
Eleni's, who is still keeping an eye on her. Several months after his
death, and during the height of activity in the store, she witnessed a
picture of her friend leaping off of the wall where it hung.
"It did not fall down, like a picture would if the string broke, or the
nail weakened. It moved out away from the wall, then down. I examined it
afterwards, and found the frame and wire sound, the wall and nail OK. I
really do not know how or why this could have happened. There were no
unusual events in the area that I knew of." At the time, Eleni was going
through some tension with the store. She thinks her friend was letting
her know he was there, as a means of comforting her.

Eleni and her husband, Russell, both who have had interactions with the
paranormal, believe there are many ghosts that travel through their
location. Both feel that Eleni's grandfather still watches over the
storefront. Often, they feel his presence by the front door, near his
picture.
These days, the activity has quieted down considerably. Occasionally,
in addition to messing with the door, employees report that a
mischievous spirit pulls a book or two from the shelves lined against
the "vortex wall."
As the SPIRITS wrapped up the session and prepared to leave, Russell
revealed that he had sensed that we were being watched as we did our
investigation. He indicated that the entity was above us in the store,
and felt amused by what we were doing.
Photographs taken by one team member later revealed a small orb of
light arching across the ceiling. Others showed several pin points
dancing across the walls.
Could it be that this store is part of a supernatural highway, a vortex
of energy traveled by a variety of happy-go-lucky afterlife adventurers?
Or does the shop have its own beneficial protectors, established by the
first generations of a historic Greek family? Either way, the Seahorse
on the Dock remains as yet another enigmatic presence sheltered on Tampa
Bay's waterways.
For more information on this store, call (727) 937-8193 or go online at
www.getaguru.com.

__________

BOOK REVIEW
__________

A few special GHOSTS I have met
Written by: Neil Burns
Published by: JocknDoris
ISBN: 0 9535748 0 6
Paperback, 93 pages with b/w photos

This is a fascinating true account of two lovely ladies who return from
the past to ask the author to be of service to them. The author, a 57
year old Chartered Accountant has spent most of his life helping Mary
Queen of Scots and Lily Cove solve the mysteries surrounding their
deaths.
Neil Burns admits to being in love with Mary Queen of Scots. You’ll
journey with him to Scotland and France where he has met and helped Mary
Queen of Scots. He’ll take you to the White Lion Hotel were he first met
the ghost of Lily Cove, who enlisted his help in solving the mystery of
her tragic 1906 death in a parachuting accident. Lily’s death really
takes a surprising twist when the truth is finally revealed. Along the
way you also learn about other ghosts he has met such as the Scottish
historian Sir Walter Scott, Lady Elizabeth Seton, and from Cape Town,
the twin brothers Cedric and Cecil.
Although the author feels that Lily and the others are now at peace,
he is certain that his beloved Mary will once again call upon him for
future service.
To learn more about Mary Queen of Scots and Lily Cove or to order this
book visit the publisher’s website at: http://www.jockndoris.co.uk/

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

By Rona S. Hirsch
Special To The Sun
Originally published October 31, 2001
Copyright © 2001, The Baltimore Sun

Jacqueline Galke has heard the story before. A young student who died
of pneumonia at Patapsco Female Institute before her parents could reach
her wanders the grounds of the former 19th-century school. Nervous teens
hang out there in hopes of a sighting. Ghost hunters stop by snapping
random photographs. "We realize people think that it's a haunted site,"
said Galke, executive director of the Patapsco Female Institute Historic
Park in Ellicott City. "Do we care? No. It's been considered a haunted
site at least for the last 25 years". If the pursuit of ghosts seems a
frivolous curiosity to Galke, others take it more seriously - ghost
hunters who believe in what they see and ghost debunkers who worry about
pseudoscience.
Timothy Kerins and Ken Rathburn, two computer network controllers have
taken about 100 photographs over five visits to the institute in June
and July and say they've come up with possible evidence of ghostly
presence floating around the grassy fields of the stabilized ruins. Shot
with Kerins' digital camera, the images reveal what the pair call
"orbs," or circular, floating illuminated objects and globs of white
streaks that they see as resembling a woman in white Victorian dress.
"We saw lights coming up," said Kerins, 36, a Timonium resident. "I
didn't know if it was from lens flare [reflection of source light in a
straight line] or a light back in the trees. Then we saw they were
showing up next to objects or in photos we took of each other. In some
pictures, they were appearing where there was no light." Although the
images are of different sizes, he said, they are translucent and have
texture. On their next visit, the pair said they were stunned by the
image of a white luminary taken by Rathburn while he extended the camera
in front of him. "You're not going to believe this picture," Rathburn
said.
If Rathburn and Kerins are entranced, professional ghostbuster Joe
Nickell believes speculation about ghostly orbs and luminaries is a
product of wishful thinking. "It has all the earmarks of superstition,
ignorance and pseudo-science," said Nickell, senior research fellow at
the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the
Paranormal (CSICOP) based in Amherst, N.Y., and science writer for its
publication, Skeptical Inquirer magazine.
"Science has never authenticated a single ghost," he said. "Most of
which is claimed as supernatural and paranormal is negative evidence.
They say, 'We don't know what this is. It's unexplained phenomena.' To
claim you don't know what something is and then claim it's paranormal or
supernatural is lapse in logic. It's arguing from ignorance. If you
heard a funny noise in a house, you can't claim that's a ghost because
you don't know what it was. And if you don't know, you don't know.
Period. I've been in more haunted homes than Casper. These phenomena
don't happen when I'm around."
Nor, said Nickell, can anyone determine which are authentic ghost photos
because there are no genuine ghost photo standards with which to compare
them. He attributed ghost photos of transparent people to double
exposure, reflections or hoaxes, while photos of "nonpeople-looking
ghosts" such as orbs, streaks, mists, strands or bursts of light are
"glitches" in the photography process. Those, he said, are more commonly
caused by a flash and anything that gets in between the camera lens and
scene, which can create a glitch. Orbs, he said, are particles of dust
or droplets of moisture close to the lens, foggy breath on a cold night
bouncing the off the flash, a puff of cigarette smoke, a flying insect,
strands of hanging hair, one's fingertip, foliage, jewelry or a camera
wrist strap.
Galke sides with Nickell. "The ghosts of the PFI are all fiction," she
said. "I've never seen a ghost and I'm really disappointed. I've been
affiliated with PFI for about six years. I don't know anyone else here
who's seen a ghost." Despite her skepticism, Galke has arranged for 15
members of the Maryland Ghost & Spirit Association, to spend the night
Nov. 16 at PFI after Kerins and Rathburn consulted with the group's
founder, Beverly Litsinger. "I want to help them to dispel the myth and
fallacies," Galke said. "I think it's an important thing to do so it's
not such a mystery."
Litsinger, whose association has 400 members, plans to bring along
ghost-hunting equipment including a video camera, night scopes, thermal
scanners and electromagnetic detection. "Ghosts have a lot of
electromagnetic energy," said Litsinger, 49, a Randallstown consultant
to nonprofit organizations. Ghost skeptic Nickell said thermal scanners
and electromagnetic detectors are not designed to catch ghosts and
should not be used to try.
Litsinger claims that people have seen full-body apparitions of the
student, whom she said, hated PFI and wanted her parents to get her out.
"Some ghosts are trapped because of unfulfilled lives," she said. "She's
an unhappy soul. Someone has to tell her she has the ability to leave.
She's probably not aware she's dead."
PFI isn't Ellicott City's only haunted site, according to Litsinger.
"Howard County is covered with ghosts," she said. She points to the
Mount Ida Mansion, down the hill from PFI, where Litsinger says its last
resident, Ida Tyson, can be heard rattling the large set of key rings
she had carried. Folks also claim, she said, that they can hear doors
slamming in the old firehouse on Main Street or furniture being moved
around upstairs in the former Moose Lodge nearby.
In fact, the Howard County Tourism Council leads tours of the historic
district based on the book The Hauntings of Ellicott Mills, written by
the council's executive director Melissa Arnold. Other reports, she
said, are from former employees of the old courthouse in Ellicott City
who claimed they heard the jingling of bells at the front door, even
though no one was there and the door was locked. Then there are the orbs
that showed up on photographs taken in total darkness of a former opera
house in the upper floors of the Forget-Me-Not Factory.

***
From Farshores Paranews
( http://www.100megsfree4.com/farshores/para.htm )

Electronic Gadgets Aid Ghost Hunting
Story originally published by: The Arizona Republic / Phoenix
Greg Wright / Gannett News Service - Oct 23.01
Copyrighted - Reproduced here is for educational and research purposes
only.

Are you hearing things that go bump in the night? Think your house has
a ghost infestation problem but nobody believes you? Before you call
Ghostbusters, visit Radio Shack, Circuit City or the Web to buy an
infrared temperature sensor, magnetometer, trifield meter, infrared
camera, digital camera, motion sensor or a cassette recorder, the
electronic gear of choice for professional and amateur ghost hunters
coast to coast.
Ghost hunters contend digital cameras can record eerie images, cassette
recorders can pick up spectral voices, thermometers can find odd cold
spots, and magnetometers and trifield meters can detect unusual magnetic
field fluctuations that they say might be caused by the supernatural.
"They do provide corroborating evidence," said Nancy Coplin, director of
the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society, Johnstown, Pa.
(http://community.webtv.net/Fieldghost).
But skeptics abound, even in the free-thinking field of the paranormal.
They say light can play tricks on digital cameras and photographic
software such as Adobe Photoshop makes hoaxes easier to perpetrate. In
addition, nearby computers or televisions can make electromagnetic
meters go haywire. Coplin said she agrees the instruments should be
used in a controlled environment to prevent bad readings. But Coplin
said she stands by her group's findings. To back them up, Coplin points
to the high electromagnetic readings and digital photos her club
recorded of mysterious light orbs at a Victorian-era home in Johnstown
this summer. Residents claim an apparition, an old, gray-haired man who
wanders around dressed only in boxer shorts and a T-shirt, haunts the
house. Coplin said she believes the ghost is a previous owner who died
from a heart attack in 1964. He probably doesn't realize he's dead and
is looking for his clothes, she said.
Other ghost hunters report similar results using electronics. A couple
in Lancaster, Calif., recently complained a ghost was terrorizing them.
A translucent apparition in the form of a young man would touch them,
whisper unpleasant things in their daughter's ear and snatch bedcovers
off at night. They called Dr. Larry Montz at the International Society
of Paranormal Research in Los Angeles (www.hauntings.com ) for help.
Montz, whose group works with Los Angeles police on unsolved crimes,
took psychics to the home. One "saw" the ghost of a neighbor who
recently committed suicide sitting on the daughter's bed.
Investigators snapped a photo of the bed using an infrared camera and
found proof, Montz said. A glowing, blue, disembodied hand appeared in
the photo. The blue color indicated the ghost was cold; hot images
appear yellow, orange or red in infrared, he said. "Temperature gauges
are critical," Montz said. "An entity will usually generate a cold spot
but we've also found hot spots."

Off-the-shelf gear:

The gear ghost hunters use was not originally designed for spirit
tracking. Geologists and miners use magnetometers and trifield meters to
detect underground gold and oil deposits that generate electromagnetic
fields. Ghosts also can generate such fields, according to Montz. A good
magnetometer sells for $250 to $400, although less expensive but
sometimes unreliable models are available, Montz said. Trifield meters,
which sell for around $200, measure magnetic as well as electrical
fields, radio and microwaves.
Ghost hunters prefer digital cameras because images can be examined
instantly on built-in display screens, ending the anxious wait to
develop film. Digital cameras also have a knack for picking up orbs.
According to ghost hunters, orbs are balls of light manifested by
spirits. They usually are invisible to the naked eye.
Infrared thermometers, cameras and video cameras can measure the
temperature of objects dozens of feet away. Professional infrared
thermometers can cost more than $600, although inexpensive hand-held,
liquid crystal display thermometers can be bought at Radio Shack for as
little as $25. Infrared cameras and video cameras are expensive - many
sell for more than $10,000 - but they can be rented for a few hundred
dollars a day. Ghost hunters said infrared gear also finds cold and hot
spots that they claim is generated by ghosts.
Even an inexpensive cassette recorder can pick up ghostly voices. In
August members of the Ghost Hunters of Southern Michigan (www.ghosm.com
) investigated the Soop Cemetery in Belleville, Mich.
As dusk fell, the group sat in a circle, began talking and turned on the
tape recorder. When they replayed the tape, a voice was in the
background. It had a hollow sound, like a person speaking from the
bottom of a well. "Shut up," it said, according to members of the group.

A dose of skepticism:

Montz, who claims to be one of a handful of Americans with a bona fide
parapsychology degree, said ghost hunting electronics should be used
with caution. A simple electric fan, house alarm or electrical outlet
can throw off readings from many magnetometers and trifield meters,
Montz said. And amateur ghost hunters should be wary of buying homemade
ghost-hunting gear on the Web because some of it is unreliable, he said.

Montz also tried to debunk the theory that digital cameras capture orbs.
"I would never use a digital camera because they have a glitch in them,"
he said. "That's where you get the orbs, from serious lens refraction."

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
From B Blake at: bbbl-@iowatelecom.net
I live in Iowa with my husband & 3 small daughters. I have 2 ghosts in
my home. One is a man & the other is a little girl. They can be violent.
We have tried on our own to rid ourselves of them but with no luck. They
make pictures fly off the walls. You can hear footsteps when their is no
one there, scratches on the walls. I have been hit by them and gotten
bruises. It also threw my 19" color TV across the room. The TV was in
the entertainment center. I assure you that this is no joke. We have
tried different things to rid ourselves of these ghosts. We are afraid
to move because of the chance that it might follow us. If anyone can
help or know of anyone who can please let me know. I don't know how much
more we can take. This has been going on for over a year.

***
From Drex and Kim at: Drex-@aol.com
Was wondering if you have resources or information about paranormal
groups in our area. We are interested in joining. We am in NE Kentucky
area (Ashland). Ohio and West Virginia 5 minutes each way, so info on
any of the three states would be beneficial.

***
From James at: jdes-@hotmail.com
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a group that studies ghosts or
parapsychology in the mid-Hudson Valley, NY (Poughkeepsie area).

***
From: Kimberly at: grvro-@home.com
There are several cemeteries in the Birmingham Alabama area that I have
caught orbs and images on film. They are as follows: Bluff Park
Cemetery, Hoover; Fraternal Cemetery, Sandusky ( just outside of Pratt
City); Phillips Cemetery, around Moody area; McDonalds Cemetery, not
sure of location; Pleasant Valley Cemetery, Shannon-Wenonah Road in
Shannon. I would also like to know if there is a group in the Birmingham
area?

***
From Sue at: sueadk-@hotmail.com
I live in southwestern Pickaway County in the state of Ohio. I am
interested to see if there are any ghost hunting or paranormal research
groups near my area. I love history, and this type of research is a very
good study in history.

***
From Mike at: mike.sut-@snet.net
Are there any groups that you are aware of in the CT. area? If so,
check this out...
My wife, my sister-in-law and I stayed in the North Room of the Red
Brook Inn in Mystic, CT. We all went to sleep around half past one in
the morning. My wife and I slept in a double bed on one side of the
room, while my sister-in-law lay sleeping in a bed on the other side of
the room. I told my wife I wanted to keep the light on "because if
anything comes into this room tonight I want to see it." About 10
minutes later my wife asked me to shut the light off since she couldn't
fall asleep. Since I was drifting off anyway, I did.
About 2 hours later my wife woke screaming my name. After about 5
minutes of hysteria she told me that she had been drifting off to sleep
when a vibrating pressure descended upon her back, and was pushing
through her body into her solar plexus region. Thinking she may have
been dreaming, I tried to calm her down. Then all of a sudden the air in
the room began to have a pressurized feeling to it and all three of us
had a pins and needles feeling (sort of a static electricity charge)
throughout our bodies. My throat felt as if some one was trying to
squeeze it shut. This feeling lasted for about five minutes and then
seemed to subside. The three of us sat in our beds and talked about what
had just happened, trying to decide whether or not to go back to sleep.
I turned to my sister-in-law and wife and said, "You know what? I don't
think she's left us yet." As soon as I said this the aforementioned
feeling came on again only this time it was stronger.
My wife became upset instantly. Trying to be her knight in shining
armor, I very sternly said to the presence "Whoever you are you have to
leave us alone. You're scaring my wife. We're not here to harm you or
your house." As soon as I said this the feeling subsided though I don't
think it ever quite stopped the whole time we were experiencing this
phenomena. For the next two hours the presence would come and go, each
time it would enter the room Kelly, my wife, would get a feeling that,
as she put it, "This woman has to come into the room and she can't help
but come in here, she's obsessed with entering." Since my wife was
hysterical most of the two hours that passed we seemed to be having a
battle of the wills the presence. Finally, around 5:30 AM, we decided to
leave the room.
At breakfast the next morning, the Innkeeper old us the story of the
ghost. In 1979 a woman Sally Crary, died in that bedroom from throat
cancer. After she departed, her widowed husband married her best friend.
Apparently, this pissed Sally of enough that she haunts this house.
The Red Brook Inn is located in Mystic, CT off Route 184 (Gold Star
Highway), exit 89 off I-95.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: Lara at: lar-@uswest.net
When I was 16, I babysat for a pretty wealthy couple. ( The main reason
I continued to baby-sit for them was because they paid me so well). The
first time there, I was a little uneasy but did not know why. The couple
would stay out really late and I would start to fall asleep on the couch
with the television on. Whenever I started to doze off, the channels
would change or the television would turn on and off.
One night I felt a very strong feeling of being watched. My back was
towards the hall, and the family dog was sleeping behind me. Suddenly
the dog, usually too friendly, perked up and started growling. There was
no way I was going to turn around. Another time I was swinging the kids
in their swings in the backyard. The parent's bedroom, which just
happened to be the room I was most scared to go into, faced us. The
curtain opened up like somebody, or something, was watching--but there
was no figure there. One time, I was playing with the kids in the
sprinklers. I went inside to get towels and as I walked down the hall I
noticed that the parents' bedroom door, which I usually made sure was
closed, was wide open. The kids had been outside the whole time with me
so I knew they could not have done it. I grabbed the towels and got that
feeling of being watched again. As I walked back past the bedroom door I
saw, out of the corner of my eye, a figure sitting on the bed. I kept on
going as I was not about to look all the way!
One night the parents came home and asked how things went. I decided to
tell them about the television changing channels and turning off. The
mom said, "so you must have met our visitor", before she could get
anything else out the dad interrupted her and changed the subject. I was
probably the only babysitter they could keep!

***
From Jennifer at: menmy-@hotmail.com
My family moved into our apartment on Labor day weekend of 2000. The
day we moved in things started happening. Our cat would flip out over
nothing, hissing into the empty hallway. He had never displayed this
kind of behavior before. Then our youngest child would wake up at night
and start talking to the "man in the corner".
This really freaked me out, I hate the thought of anything messing with
my kids, but she was unafraid, so I let her continue to sleep in that
room. My son is allowed to fall asleep in our room and then be
transferred to his bed when we go to bed. He also started talking to
someone, a lady in the closet. He also was unafraid. Then I started
noticing cold spots. When I would use the shower in the master bath it
felt as though someone was touching and tapping on me. The water temp.
would change spontaneously. This never happened to my husband, he didn't
believe me at all. I would be sitting on the couch watching TV and
something would come and "sit on me" I felt a weight and a god awful
cold shudder, like I was freezing from the inside out. One night I had
had enough, out loud I announced that I was more than willing to share
my home, but I was not willing to share my lap, whatever was sitting on
me to please stop. It has never happened again.
My husband finally had contact of his own, he saw one of the two
spirits when he went out for a smoke on the balcony. She followed him
out and had a smoke with him. He couldn't get by her to go back
inside so he had to sit there horrified until she was done and
disappeared. He has also seem the head of the male spirit floating down
the hall. I have had is of shadowy figures that float by in my
periphery, of course when I look they are gone. That is just fine with
me.
We have lived here for almost a year now and this is a real new nice
apartment complex, but apparently that doesn't mean it can't be haunted.
They "live" here, and we live here, it all works out. Other than
occasionally opening up drawers, and the lady occasionally "smoking" in
my living room our lives are just a little more exciting than they were
before we moved. We have all come to accept things, even the cat.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Upcoming events of the Parapsychology Foundation :

PERSPECTIVES FILM PRESENTATION
Selections drawn from PF ’s extensive audio-visual archive including the
US premier of Adrin Neatrour ’s "Spoonbenders ."
Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:00 PM
New York Academy of Sciences, 2 East 63rd Street, NYC
$10 donation.

PERSPECTIVES LECTURE
Renowned author of Edgar Cayce, An American Prophet, Sidney D.
Kirkpatrick, will present: "Dueling psychics: Edgar Cayce and Eileen J.
Garrett." Book signing.
Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:00 PM
Parapsychology Foundation, 228 East 71st Street, NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-628-1550. $10 donation.

***
SPIRITS OF CHRISTMAS EVENT!
Hosted by the American Ghost Society (Website:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html" )

Our 4th Annual "Spirits of Christmas" Event will be held on December 8,
2001 at the History & Hauntings Book Co. in Alton, Illinois! This FREE
event will start at 5:00 PM and we hope that many of our readers and
subscribers will be able to attend. In addition to being another of our
fun, ghostly gatherings, we'll also be featuring author readings, book
signings and more. Scheduled to appear so far are Troy Taylor (me!), who
will be reading from his new, upcoming book HAUNTED ST. LOUIS and Dave
Goodwin, who will be reading an excerpt from his new book, GHOSTS OF
JEFFERSON BARRACKS!
It costs absolutely nothing to attend this year's holiday event, but
reservations are required. Simply email us with your name and the number
of people in your party so that we'll have an accurate count for chairs!
Come celebrate with us and uphold the age-old tradition of ghost story
telling at Christmas time! Email us with your reservations or call us at
(618) 465-1084!

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
haunted sites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and
even how best to investigate your local cemetery. Troy will present
first-hand accounts of his experiences in haunted cemeteries and some of
the most famous graveyards in America! Hear the legends and real-life
accounts behind Bachelor's Grove, Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

PATTY WILSON - Author of Haunted Pennsylvania, Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 1 &
Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 2. Co-founder of the Paranormal Research
Foundation, located in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing
about Pennsylvania's wonderful and weird history. She will discuss PA's
most haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will
make your hair stand on end!

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have
found that what dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to
help me rid the house of the entities. Join me in the house after the
first exorcism, when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make
things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of the
Hauck Report and an Rep for Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.
From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.
From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.

The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002
From 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.

The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference,lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted site
to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced
at a later date. For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610
or to make your reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL:

Schedule not available at time of publication.

***
TRAVEL:

Tue - 13th at 8 & 11:30 pm - World’s Best: Ancient Sites
Tue - 13th at 9pm - Curse of Egyptian Mummies

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL

Tue - 13th at 11pm - Mysterious of Modern Asia: Psychics, shamans and
Mystics

***
THE HISTORY CHANNEL

Tue - 13th at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Hitler and the Occult
Wed - 14th at 11pm - History’s Mysteries : Area 51 Beyond Top Secret
Fri - 16th at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Loch Ness Monster
Sat - 17th at 11pm - Haunted History: Haunted Savannah

***
DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Thu - 15th at 8pm - Real Ghosthunters
Thu - 15th at 9pm - Real Magick: Science of Wizardry

***
DISCOVERY SCIENCE

Sun - 18th at 9pm - Beyond Human Senses

***
PAXTV

Fri - 16th at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained: Who Killed Kennedy
Sun - 18th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: condemned

***
AMC

Fri - 16th at 10:30pm - Movie: The Haunted Palace

***
FOX FAMILY CHANNEL

Sat - 17th at 8pm - Movie: Lost Souls

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Bi-weekly on Mondays
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/