Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Nov 18, 2001 08:53 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
11/20/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Book Review
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

***
Almost weekly we receive email from our readers asking for information
about hauntings in their areas, groups they can join, groups to do an
investigation, etc... Because of these emails we have added a new
section to the newsletter titled “Seeking Information”.
If you can provide help or information to the senders of these emails
please do. If you are sending us a question to be used in this section
please be aware that your email address will be included so people can
respond to you. Also remember, that due to the vast number of

***
Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
information from the old "Hauck Report" list to the new "Haunted Places"
list. You must respond to the email from Topica to continue your
subscription.

***
From: barne-@att.net <barne-@att.net>

I have a group of ghost researchers, we call ourselves G.A.T.E.
(gateway across the etheric). We are interested in posting a notice to
everyone in the Chicagoland area.
We are a non- profit group interested in investigating hauntings in the
Chicago-land area and surrounding towns in Illinois. If you have a
haunting and need help with it please contact me at barne-@att.net
and we will do an investigation.

***
From: Mike at: mcle-@hotmail.com

Have you checked my haunting experiences at
"http://www.paranormalresearch.net" ?
Please do !

***
From Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com Website:
http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum
This is an update for the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference (See the
upcoming events section for more information on this conference)

I'm pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion.
It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion last Saturday evening. We came
away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of the
investigation with the Centers Director, the window's began to rattle in
front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

***
Also from Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com Website:
http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum
This is an update for the Independent Ghost Hunters Conference (See the
upcoming events section for more information on this conference)

I've added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone interested,
we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members Restaurant
beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm.
We will meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron Kettle
restaurant. This place is very active and you will be able to take
photos and walk around. A hotbed of activity!
This is a bar and restaurant (the cost is separate from the conference
fee). This is just a informal get together, so we can all get in the
“mood” and meet new friends or to just settle down after your travels
and have a good time with like minded people.
We will be meeting for cocktails at 7 (very informal) and then will
have a sit down dinner. The cost of dinner is $22.00 per person.
includes tax and tip. Payments may be made to Kelly Weaver.
To reserve your space, I will need your payment by CHECK (no master
card or visa for this one) by March 1, 2002. (you will have 3 choices
for dinner, Haddock, Chicken Parm, or Strip Steak, potato, salad,
dessert and a banquet beverage. Alcohol is not included in the cost.
Very, very good food here! And the spirits aren't bad either!!!!!!!!!
I have a sign up sheet. This room holds only 55 people, so this on a
first come first serve basis. If you are interested in the Welcome
dinner, please give me your name/address/phone. Your spot will be
secured.
We are also including a map of other local haunts of interest for those
who may want to venture out on your own on Friday. We will have the
workers/owners of the Iron Kettle telling their ghostly tales that
Friday evening.

***
And yet, another item from Kelly at: Weav-@aol.com

I worked with Dave Edwards again this year to produce a segment for
Halloween seen on WHTM Channel 27; He is the photojournalist who did the
excellent (local Emmy nominated) 2-part piece with me last year on
Alfred's and the Haunted General's Trunk. We had a fun time working with
the spirit of Bernadette, the hirsute prostitute who patrols the
upstairs. Dave was filming me in the front room where her presence is
strongest as I was "seeing" some new things about her (such as how she
was murdered by a drifter when only 31). Just as I finished, all power
to the second floor shut off! Of course, this kind of thing happens to
me all the time, so it didn't phase me. However, some people from a
Chicago company who were in town for a meeting with Hershey Foods were
watching the filming - it was fun seeing their reaction when that
happened! The final product was cute,another great job by Dave Edwards!
I was also fortunate enough to also be seen on Halloween on Channels 21
and 15. (after being bumped a few times that night, but who is
complaining, I made it!) For this piece, I did an After Death Reading
for a woman who lost her 20 month old son - obviously, a lot of grief,
but some beautiful and moving messages as well. I also gave the reporter
and camerawoman readings. All in all, it was a nice experience. I liked
how I was portrayed.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

From Troy at: ttay-@prairieghosts.com
Written by: David Goodwin , Author of Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks
This is an excerpt from the book.
Copyright 2001, All Rights Reserved

JEFFERSON BARRACKS
Historic Jefferson Barracks, located on the high bluffs along the west
bank of the Mississippi River, south of St. Louis, has served as a
silent sentinel at the "Gateway to the West" for over one hundred and
seventy five years. In that time, historical fact and legend have been
woven into a colorful tapestry that makes this picturesque military post
a true national treasure.
With the signing of the Louisiana Purchase, the vast untamed western
frontier was opened for settlement. Jefferson Barracks, selected because
of its strategic and geographical location, served as a way station and
protector of explorers, traders, and pioneers seeking to establish a new
life along the Santa Fe Trail.
Besides providing protection from marauding bands of hostile Indians,
this prominent military reservation spanning over 1700 acres, served as
a Army Infantry School, an influential Federal
Hospital facility, a Engineer Depot, a Calvary Training Depot, and one
of the military's largest induction and demobilization centers in the
United States. Over time, Jefferson Barracks was viewed as such a
valuable resource in the training of soldiers and officers, that the
military academy at West Point was almost moved there.
Prior to the 1900's, Jefferson Barracks was a key "stepping off point"
for troops and supplies bound for distant conflicts such as; the Black
Hawk Indian Wars, the Mexican War, the Civil War and
the Spanish American War. Soldiers fighting in World War I and World War
II were also trained at and deployed from Jefferson Barracks.
Considered to be the first permanent military installation west of the
Mississippi River, Jefferson Barracks was a prison to Chief Black Hawk
and several of his sub chiefs. Many years later, during
World War II, Jefferson Barracks would again see itself become an
internment camp for over four hundred German and Italian (Axis)
prisoners of war.
During its heyday, Jefferson Barracks played host to a number of great
leaders that would later influence American History. Three of these men,
Dwight D. Eisenhower, Zachary Taylor, and Ulysses S. Grant rose through
the military ranks and became future presidents of the United States.
One
young lieutenant, Jefferson Davis, even went on to become the president
of the Confederate States of America. Several other young lieutenants
and captains assigned to the post, such as Robert E.
Lee, William T. Sherman, James Longstreet, and Winfield S. Hancock, saw
their military careers culminate in generalship during the Civil War.
Jefferson Barracks would see itself flicker and fade into the history
books one last time shortly after World War II. On June 30, 1946, this
icon to the American ideal of "Manifest Destiny" was
deactivated and declared military surplus. One hundred and thirty five
acres of the main post was taken over by the Missouri Air National Guard
and five hundred acres of the military reservation
would be turned into an historic park by the St. Louis County Parks and
Recreation Department. Today, Jefferson Barracks is home to units from
the Missouri Air National Guard, the Missouri Army National Guard, and
the U.S. Army Reserve.
One could reasonably argue that, per square acre, Jefferson Barracks is
the most haunted location in the St. Louis metropolitan area. The post
is comprised of one hundred and thirty five acres
containing forty-one buildings of various shapes and sizes. Of those
forty-one buildings, military and civilian employees occupy thirty-five
of these, at any given time. Most of the occupied
historic buildings serve as administrative offices, classrooms and
maintenance facilities for the varied national guard and reserve units
stationed at the barracks, while some of the structures are
used primarily for storage. The six remaining buildings stand vacant
awaiting asbestos abatement.
Of those thirty-five "occupied" buildings, thirteen or more have
stories of paranormal activity associated with them that I am aware of.
I am sure that if truth were told, there are more personal ghost stories
out there that are waiting to be unearthed.
Over the years, soldiers and civilian staff working at Jefferson
Barracks have reported a wide array of ghostly phenomena. Even Private
Woodward, during his undercover time of service, reported
that ghost stories seemed to abound at Jefferson Barracks. These brushes
with the supernatural range from the phantom footsteps associated with
residual hauntings to incidents involving
interactive phantoms.
The stories you are about to read come from various locations inside
the current military reservation. A separate chapter has been devoted to
"Off Post Haunts". Each tale has been grouped under the building or
location where it allegedly occurred. I think that you will find, as I
did when compiling this information, that no one story or encounter you
read about in the following pages is really like the next. But in the
same respect, each account has one thing in common, they will leave you
feeling unnerved.
I believe that a Lieutenant Colonel who currently works at Jefferson
Barracks said it the best, " If you have ever worked late in one of
these old buildings, you would be convinced that ghosts
exist".

BUILDING 1
Standing proudly at the eastern end of the parade field, high on a
grassy hill overlooking the Mississippi River, is Building 1.
Constructed in 1900, this three-story brick building serves as
the post's headquarters. The large room on the south end of the second
floor was used as a ballroom. Many of the ornamental wood fixtures still
exist there today. On the north wall of the
old ballroom hangs a large, wooden, hand painted map of Jefferson
Barracks, which was painted by an army private in 1938.
Recently refurbished to its former glory by the Missouri Air National
Guard, Building 1 plays host to a multitude of ghostly encounters that
have taken place both inside and outside of the building. One such
entity frequently seen at Building 1, is that of an elderly Confederate
Civil War general who has been observed in the post commander's office.
Sergeant William McWilliams, currently assigned to the Funeral Honors
Program as a Team Leader, has probably had the most hair-raising
encounter with this ghost to date. When Sergeant McWilliams
first started as an employee of the Funeral Honors Program in 1998, he
was living in Building 78 (one of the haunted buildings we will discuss
later in this chapter) One night, Sergeant McWilliams
was bored and decided to jog around the post to get some exercise.
Sergeant McWilliams admitted that he was somewhat out of shape and that
he stopped near the display cannon from the Spanish battle ship Oquenda
located behind Building 1, to catch his breath. While
recuperating from his physical exertion Sergeant McWilliams observed
what he believed to be candlelight coming from an office on the first
floor, near the north end of the building. This odd light piqued
Sergeant McWilliams's curiosity because there were no other lights on in
the building, so he approached hoping to determine its source.
What he found to be the source of the light, was not what he expected
in the least. As he got closer to the window, Sergeant McWilliams caught
a glimpse of an older man, wearing what he
believed to be a Confederate general's uniform and slouch hat, seated at
a desk inside the post commander's office. The "old general" appeared to
be writing dispatches with a feather quill pen.
As Sergeant McWilliams watched in stunned silence, the solitary figure
sat quietly working. The immediate area around the "old general" was
illuminated by a single candle sitting on the desk.
Sergeant McWilliams watched the Civil War-era officer in awe for three
or four minutes before the figure finally rose and walked toward the
door of the office with his feather quill in one hand and
the candle in the other. As the old officer neared the doorway, he
simply faded away into nothingness, right in front of Sergeant
McWilliams startled eyes. Needless to say, out of breath
or not, Sgt. McWilliams did not stick around to see if the "general"
reappeared.
Several other employees working in Building 1 have observed a shadowy
ghost of a man who sits at desk near a window on the second floor of the
building, dispatching written orders by candle light.
It is possible that this is also the ghost of the "old general" but we
may never know. When the employees attempted to investigate the second
floor while the phantom was present, all they would
hear or see upon their approach, were the sounds of footsteps walking
away.
Another person who has had first hand experience with the spirits
inhabiting Building 1 is Security Officer Richard Dickson. Working for
the Missouri Department of Public Safety, Officer Dickson has
been assigned to Jefferson Barracks for the last ten years of his law
enforcement career.Officer Dickson recounted an unusual experience he
had in Building 1 one evening. On this particular night, he was working
by himself and he had entered Building 1 to get a soda from the vending
machine in the basement. After getting the his soda, Officer Dickson
walked back up to the first floor and noticed that when he reached the
open landing, he could hear a typewriter randomly
typing somewhere on the second floor.
This concerned Officer Dickson because he knew no one was working in
the building and all of the lights in the building had been turned off
earlier in the evening when the last employees had gone
home for the night. When Officer Dickson started to walk up the landing
towards the second floor to investigate the situation further, he
noticed immediately that the typing abruptly stopped for
no reason. Officer Dickson thought this was unusual but when he did not
hear more typing he thought that maybe there was a natural explanation
for the sound he had heard.
What happened next though, proved to Officer Dickson that the sound was
caused by anything but something "natural". When Officer Dickson started
to walk back down to the first floor, the typing
mysteriously started again. According to Officer Dickson, this
unexplained encounter with the unknown "freaked him out" and he
immediately left the building, returning to the lighted safety of
the "guard shack".

You can read more about the ghosts of Jefferson Barracks in the new
book titled Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks available thru History &
Hauntings Bookstore at: http://www.prairieghosts.com/

***
This was taken from the Capital Ghost Forum Newsletter. ( Website:
http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum ). It was written by
John Weaver.

DUST or ORBS - During our New Cumberland Ghost Walks, I was asked by a
person how to determine if the orbs he sometimes was getting on his
digital camera were really something ghostly or simply dust. This is a
timely question, because frankly, it is something a lot of beginning
ghosthunters overlook (I too have taken photos in the past that I
thought were anomalous but now feel were dust particles) Most of us are
familiar with the common-sense based IGHS protocols for photography,
such as not shooting in rainy/misty conditions, but some need to pay
closer attention to dust - not just how to avoid it, but how it appears
in their pictures.
First, we need to recognize how easy it is to stir up dust, be it
inside or out. The act of walking will do this - the dustier the
environment, the more chance that your motion will stir some up. Of
greater concern is cars , there is an incredible amount of dust on a
typical street or road, paved as well as unpaved , and it will linger in
the air long after your vehicle has stopped. Depending on the volume of
dust and or plant matter in the area, you need to give it time to
settle. Second, we need to know exactly how dust particles will appear
in photos. This means intentionally stirring up dust and taking control
shots with your camera. Remember that dust particles will appear
differently on different types of digital cameras (and is rarely
captured by 35mm film). Also, keep in mind that you are only going to
pick up dust when it is within 4-6 inches of the camera. Try it - kick
up some dust in your yard, or your house (real easy in ours) and take
some shots; you'll soon know how to discern what is paranormal and what
is natural. Also, keep in mind that true orb anomalies will typically be
brighter, and the "best" orb evidence is when they are showing motion
(blurred or leaving a comet-like trail).
Last Sat., Kelly and I attended a lecture by Dr. David Jacobs of Temple
University. Those with any interest in UFOlogy will recognize him as a
leading authority on the abduction phenomenon. I have read some of his
earlier work, and found him to be an excellent speaker with an
incredible recollection of 30+ years of research in the UFO field. Of
course, there are parallels amongst all segments of paranormal research
that we can learn from. Dr. Jacobs is very strong on methodology, and
his interviews include a number of control questions which help
determine the authenticity of their claims. He focuses his research on a
specific subject - abductions - and doesn't proclaim to know everything
about the vast UFO phenomenon. Following his talk, he answered
questions, and one dealt with people seeing orbs of lights and "figures
of light" but not having recollections of being in a spacecraft - this
sounds more like a spirit visitation. One statement he made in
contrasting UFO research to other paranormal research suggested that
while it has advanced, our knowledge of ghosts has not advanced over the
years. Of course, ghost research is not his field, and I certainly don't
agree. All the contemporary "tools" of ghost hunting - digital cameras &
audio recorders, faster film, infrared video and film, thermal scanners,
EMF meters, etc. - have combined over the past several years to produce
some very compelling evidence of ghosts and hauntings. Nonetheless, it
was a great experience, and we thank the Harrisburg Strange Phenomenon
Club for inviting us.

__________

BOOK REVIEW
__________

Ghosts Among Us
Written by: Mollie Stewart
Paperback, 40 pages with B/W photos

The author, Mollie Stewart has put together nine true and spooky tales
from several haunted locations around the United States. You’ll read
about such places as The Myrtles Plantation, Spider Gates Cemetery and
several other famous and not so famous places.
Although some of these places have be featured in other books, the
author’s unique writing style puts a new twist on each story. She has
added not only her own personal experiences at these sites but also,
those of other witnesses to the hauntings. You’ll even read about how
one spirit saved her life! Each story begins with a history of the site
and the haunting. Throughout the book are many great photos, most of
them showing ghostly anomalies.
In Mollie’s own words “I deal with the dead for a living”. She used to
conduct daytime tours of New Orleans oldest cemetery and night time
ghost hunting tours in the French Quarter. She presently lives in
Salem, Massachusetts and is owner / operator of Spellbound Tours.
Mollie is also the founder of Paranormal Investigators of New England.
This fascinating book is available through Mollie’s website at:
http://www.spellboundtours.com/

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From the Ananova News Service at: http://www.ananova.com/
Story filed: Thursday 8th November 2001

Police Arrest “Ghost” After Family is Terrified by Attic Noises:
A Romanian family thought a ghost was haunting them until police found
a burglar in the attic. They say noises from upstairs terrified them for
a week until they asked a priest to exorcise the 'ghost'.
They also called police after noticing money and jewelery had vanished.
Officers arrested a man. Pavel Ciocan, from Birda village in Timis
county, has also been charged with other burglaries, the Evenimentul
Zilei newspaper reports.

***
Also from Ananova News Service
Story filed: Wednesday 14th November 2001

“Haunted” Soldier's Tunic Scares Castle Staff:
Staff at Edinburgh Castle think the tunic of a 19th Century soldier is
haunted.The Royal Engineers tunic is part of a display in the castle's
restaurant.
The rumor began when a former worker said he saw the jacket arm moving
on its own, as if banging a drum.The jacket is now being linked to the
legend of a headless drummer boy who returns to the castle at war time.
Robin Mitchell, who runs Witchery Tours in the city, says the tale
dates back to 1650 when the ghost warned of Cromwell's invasion.
The restaurant's manager declined to comment. He says the member of
staff who claims to have seen the tunic's arm move has returned to his
native France.
One member of staff told the Edinburgh News the story has scared
workers, adding: "There is a strange feeling in the restaurant and I
blame the tunic."

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
From Patty at: pine-@pennswoods.net Website:
"http://www.paranormalresearchfoundation.com" They are still working on
the website. Not much there yet, but soon to be a great site!

Does anyone know of a website by the name Paranormal Research
Foundation? If so, please direct me to it. I am an author and researcher
and did a copyright check with the Library of Congress on that name and
came up with nothing. However, since my group adopted it, we have heard
that a website with that name exists and that it has since 1994. We were
also told that this group is mostly dedicated to UFO research. I'd like
to locate this group and verify this information. If it is true, then we
will have to choose a new name. Copyright or not, we certainly don't
want to infringe upon anyone else's hard work.

***
From William at: "mailto:chas-@webtv.net"

Seeking a paranormal group in the Wilmington NC area for ghost hunts &
research, can anyone help?

***
From Kristi at: dizzymis-@yahoo.com

I live in central, eastern New Mexico, and I am looking for individuals
interested in conducting ghost investigations. I am also doing research
and looking for ghost stories, from all over the state, for a book. If
you are interested in participating, or have stories to share, please
respond. I am most
definitely interested!

***
From: Joanne at: starry-@mindspring.com

I live in a southern suburb of Atlanta, Georgia and I am looking for a
group that meets or books I can get information on the "old south". I
have read a few books on ghosts in Georgia and would like to learn more.

I travel a lot to the North Georgia Mountains and read stories on the
area. I would like to learn more about the area that I live in. Any help
would be appreciated.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Mary at: mnoc-@worldnet.att.net

My husband died back in 1996. He was diabetic and went into insulin
shock while in the nursing home. I felt that he was in my bedroom for
about a month after he died because while I was blow drying my hair, I
could feel a cold spot on my left side and I just felt that he was
watching me. He did not want to leave me as we were very close.
One night I was in my bed reading a Life After Death book when I heard
3 knocks on the inside of my wooden window frame. I looked up and felt
again that he was there watching me. I said "Herbert if that is you
knock 5 times so I will know its you." Then I heard 5 knocks on the wood
again and my cat, who was laying on the floor under the window, looked
up and ran out of the room. I preceded to tell him that as much as I
loved him, he had to go into the light or he would be stuck here on this
earth and be miserable.    The next night as I was sleeping, I was not
dreaming , but was awoken with a kiss on my right cheek. I got scared
and lit the light over my bed and there was nobody in my room but I
could still feel the pressure on my cheek. I knew it was Herbert, so I
again told him I loved him but he must go into the light to be with the
Lord.
That was the last time I felt his presence and I could feel he was no
longer there. I had 18 dreams about him after that which I have
documented and it gives me an idea what he is doing on the other side.
One dream even gave me a warning which I most definitely paid attention
to.

***
From Tory at: torysha-@monad.net

I have witnessed some paranormal activity at many places I've been, as
well as in my own home. My step-father died in 1990 and ever since then
my mom and I would discover clues that he is still around. About a week
or so after he died I remember being woken up out of a sound sleep and
seeing my step-father's apparition standing in front of my bed looking
at me.
He was orange in color and someone later explained that I had seen his
aura. He disappeared after a few seconds. He seems to be primarily in
our barn, since that was where he enjoyed being in life. A tree fell one
year and the angle that it fell should have caused it to land right on
the barn but instead it landed to the side of the building. On a few
other occasions my mom and I have discovered objects moved around in the
barn. She asked me one day if I had raked up the hay in the loft and I
told her no and no one else went in the barn but all the lose hay was
raked into a pile and the bales were stacked neatly.
A couple scary experiences I've had was when one day my mother and I
were pruning a tree and a single lightning bolt flashed along with
deafening, ground-shaking thunder which was quite strange since there
was no thunderstorm that day. Lastly, I was home alone making something
to eat when suddenly I heard my step-father's voice say my name and it
sounded like it was coming from my mother's bedroom. Most of my other
paranormal experiences have taken place at other people's homes,
especially at my great-aunt's in Caanan, NH. Its an old Shaker-style
farm house with quite a few spirits residing in it.

***
From Lori at: abbyr-@hotmail.com

I was ghost hunting in Chickamauga Battlefield in Georgia. This spot is
a favorite of mine because it is so close to my home. I was in a field,
by an old cabin, taking pictures when I felt a presence behind me and a
voice in my head say, "Turn around and take a picture." I saw behind me
a boy no more than 17 years old in confederate garb. I took the picture,
after not believing what I had seen, and got a wonderful picture of a
glowing spiral vortex with a pink mist covering it. I was so excited and
scared all at the same time. I about peed my pants. A great place to go
ghost hunting!

***
From Jenny at: orange-@excite.com

I live in St. Clair, Missouri and when I was younger and was asleep I
would always get woken up by something sitting down on my bed. Well, one
night I had the courage to open my eyes and I saw an old man wearing
overalls and a flannel shirt sitting on the end of my bed watching me
sleep.
He was there every night. Then, one night my mom was laying in bed and
looked out her bedroom door and saw him walk from my room to the
bathroom and heard the door shut. I still live in the same house and 2
years ago I had some friends over and we were all sleeping in the living
room. Only me and one of my friends were still awake and we saw him
standing outside of my parents bedroom door. That's the last time I ever
saw him, I don't know if he's still here or not.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Upcoming events of the Parapsychology Foundation :
PERSPECTIVES LECTURE
Renowned author of Edgar Cayce, An American Prophet, Sidney D.
Kirkpatrick, will present: "Dueling psychics: Edgar Cayce and Eileen J.
Garrett." Book signing.
Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:00 PM
Parapsychology Foundation, 228 East 71st Street, NYC
Reservations required. Call 212-628-1550. $10 donation.

***
SPIRITS OF CHRISTMAS EVENT!
Hosted by the American Ghost Society (Website:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html" )

Our 4th Annual "Spirits of Christmas" Event will be held on December 8,
2001 at the History & Hauntings Book Co. in Alton, Illinois! This FREE
event will start at 5:00 PM and we hope that many of our readers and
subscribers will be able to attend. In addition to being another of our
fun, ghostly gatherings, we'll also be featuring author readings, book
signings and more. Scheduled to appear so far are Troy Taylor (me!), who
will be reading from his new, upcoming book HAUNTED ST. LOUIS and Dave
Goodwin, who will be reading an excerpt from his new book, GHOSTS OF
JEFFERSON BARRACKS!
It costs absolutely nothing to attend this year's holiday event, but
reservations are required. Simply email us with your name and the number
of people in your party so that we'll have an accurate count for chairs!
Come celebrate with us and uphold the age-old tradition of ghost story
telling at Christmas time! Email us with your reservations or call us at
(618) 465-1084!

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
hauntedsites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

We’re pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion.
It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion Saturday (Nov. 10th) evening. We
came away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of
the investigation, with the Centers Director, the window's began to
rattle in front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess
so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

We have added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone
interested, we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members
Restaurant beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm.
Everyone will meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron
[...]

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and
even how best to investigate your local cemetery. Troy will present
first-hand accounts of his experiences in haunted cemeteries and some of
the most famous graveyards in America! Hear the legends and real-life
accounts behind Bachelor's Grove, Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

PATTY WILSON - Author of Haunted Pennsylvania, Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 1 &
Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 2. Co-founder of the Paranormal Research
Foundation, located in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing
about Pennsylvania's wonderful and weird history. She will discuss PA's
most haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will
make your hair stand on end!

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have
found that what dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to
help me rid the house of the entities. Join me in the house after the
first exorcism, when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make
things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of the
Hauck Report and an Rep for Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.
From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.
From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.

The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002
From 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.

The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference,lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted site
to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced
at a later date. For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610
or to make your reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL:

11/18/01 - Sun/Mon
Host: Ian Punnett
Guest: Wm. Michael Mott
Michael Mott examines the striking similarities between folklore,
religious, mythic, and first-hand witness or historical accounts cryptid
and reptilian figures. He has studied the link between electromagnetism
and some types of underworld beings, "ghosts," UFOs and other related
phenomena. Michael is the Creative Director for a high-performance
software company. He is also a freelance artist and writer, and writes
both fiction and non-fiction. He is currently also researching and
writing on Fortean and paranormal topics. His research in this area has
appeared in magazines such as Fate, Nexus, and World Explorer.
Book: Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures
Website: "http://www.skywebsite.com/hollow/cccc/"
Website: "http://www.hiddenmysteries.com/"

11/19/01 - Mon/Tue
Host: Art Bell Returns
Guest: Linda Howe
Updated report on lost underwater city near Cuba.
Website: "http://www.earthfiles.com"

11/20/01 - Tue/Wed
Host: Art Bell
Guest: Ralph Merkle, Ph.D.
Dr. Merkle received his Ph.D. from Stanford University in 1979 where he
co-invented public key cryptography. He joined Xerox PARC in 1988, where
he pursued research in computational nanotechnology until 1999. He is
now a Principal Fellow at Zyvex, where he continues to pursue research
in nanotechnology. He chaired the Fourth and Fifth Foresight Conferences
on Nanotechnology, was corecipient of the 1998 Feynman Prize for
Nanotechnology for theory, and was corecipient of the ACM's Kanellakis
Award for Theory and Practice, the 2000 RSA Award in Mathematics, and
the IEEE Kobayashi Award. Dr. Merkle has published and spoken
extensively.
Website: "http://www.foresight.org"
Website: "http://www.zyvex.com/nano"
Website: "http://www.alcor.org"

11/21/01 - Wed/Thu
Host: Art Bell
Guest: Sean David Morton
Morton has developed a network of psychics called "The Delphi
Associates", who specialize in month-to-month predictions of geological,
political and economic events.
Website: "http://www.delphiassociates.org"

11/22/01 - Thu/Fri
Host: Art Bell REPLAY
Guest: Dr. Seth Shostak from 3/19
Website: "http://www.seti.org"

11/23/01 - Fri/Sat
Host: Art Bell REPLAY
Guest: Harold Ort from 04/16
Website: "http://www.popular-communications.com"
Guest: Paul Smith & Russell Targ from 05/16/01
Website: "http://www.espresearch.com"

***
HISTORY CHANNEL

Sat - 24th at 11pm & 3am - Haunted History: More Ghosts of Gettysburg

***
TRAVEL CHANNEL

Sun - 25th at 9pm - Weird Places: Bigfoot & Magic (Segment on the ghosts
of Alton, Ill.)
Sun - 25th at 10pm - Creatures & Curses (Segment on the ghosts of the
U.S.S. Hornet)
Mon - 26 at 1am - Weird Places: Bigfoot & Magic (Segment on the ghosts
of Alton, Ill.)
Mon - 26 at 1am - Creatures & Curses (Segment on the ghosts of the
U.S.S. Hornet)

***
VH-1

Mon - 26th at 8pm - Michael Jackson: Ghost

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Bi-weekly on Mondays
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/