Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Dec 02, 2001 14:20 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
12/04/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

*From Our Publisher
* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Book Review
* Investigative Results
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM OUR PUBLISHER
___________

Thank you for transferring to the new list for Haunted Places! If you
have any questions or problems, please let me know.
I also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know the latest
edition of the ALCHEMY JOURNAL is now available for viewing if you are
interested in the Hermetic arts. You may view or print out the current
issue at "http://www.AlchemyLab.com/AJ2-5.htm" . For AOL and no-frames
viewers, go to "http://www.AlchemyLab.com/AJ2-5nf.htm" .

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

   UNFAIR! UNFAIR! is what several emails, received this week, have
stated. The senders of these emails have accused The Haunted Places
Report of showing favoritism by only posting news and events from
certain groups and not other groups.
I have responded to these emails with one simple message: If you don’t
tell us about your news or event how can we post anything about? In the
past we have not shown favoritism nor in the future will we show it. We
can only report on what we know about.
If you have an upcoming event and/or some news about your group be
sure to send it to us. If your group has a newsletter, send it to us.
We are always looking for items to post in the newsletter.

***
   We have added a new column. This column is titled “Investigative
Results” and we need your help to make it a success. This column will be
the story behind and the results of paranormal investigation from
haunted sites around the world. We ask that if you or your group does an
investigation, please send us a story about it. All stories received
will be published in this column. When sending the story please include
a brief background about the location and it’s haunting, how you found
out about the haunting and the results of your investigation plus any
interesting tid bits of information. Also, be sure to included an email
address where other readers can contact you with questions about your
investigation and if you have a website, your URL. Hopefully in the near
future we can develop a web page were pictures from each investigation
can be posted.
We are busily coming up with a few contests and have some great
prizes. If you have written a book or sell any ghost related items, and
would like to donate one as a prize please contact me at:
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . All donated items will be acknowledged in
the newsletter with information about each one. We’ll have more about
the contests in upcoming issues.
I’m sure that you have noticed over the past year that “The Haunted
Places Report” has grown larger. Every week we receive email from
readers stating how much they enjoy the newsletter and with suggestions
on how to improve it. We really enjoy hearing from the readers and there
are lots of good suggestions. However, it is starting to get very time
consuming to publish the newsletter weekly. Therefore, in order to
maintain it’s currently quality and to implement new ideas, we are
looking for a few dedicated people to help out. First, we need someone
who can act as an assistant editor. In the past we have had several
assistants who have helped with an issue or two and than seemed to fade
from sight. This is a volunteer position (as are all positions on the
newsletter) and it will require a few hours each week of your time.
Secondly, we are looking for some feature writers. Currently we have one
feature writer, Brandy Stark. We would like to have a few more to help
contribute stories. These stories would consist of paranormal events,
how-to-articles, interviews with well known (and not so well known)
members of the paranormal world, etc... You can submit your own story
ideas or choose one of the many assignments we have in the works.
For more information or to apply for one of these positions, contact
me via email at: Haunted-@neo.rr.com.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

From Troy Taylor of The American Ghost Society (website:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com" )

Well, we had all of the conference speakers lined up for this year but
unfortunately, one of them had to drop out. As we normally start
promoting the conference in early December, this put us in
sort of a quandary! If you are an author or a presenter on the
paranormal and would like to be part of our 6th Annual National
Conference, June 21-22, 2002... drop me an email and I will be happy to
send you some more information about being a speaker! Troy can be
reached via email at:ttay-@prairieghosts.com

***
Also from Troy Taylor:

   Once again, I know there are always "urban legend" email warnings
being sent out all the time, but I usually don't send them out until I
receive the infected files myself. At some time over the weekend, I
received several messages containing a new virus and was wary enough
after the last go-round this summer not to open them!
All of the emails have come from individuals, some names that I
recognized and some that I didn't, but each one of them appeared in my
mail box with an attachment and each was exactly 40k in size..
smaller than last summer's virus.
DO NOT OPEN THESE EMAILS! It doesn't matter who it was from, if it was
not a virus they will contact you again. You can't be too careful about
this new and computer lethal strains!
(Editor’s note: I have received two of these virus in the two past
days.)

***
From: Dave Juliano, Co-Director of South Jersey Ghost Research, Founder
of The Shadowlands: Ghosts and Hauntings

South Jersey Ghost Research ("http://www.sjgr.org") is now accepting
applications for trainees which will start their training in January
2002. Membership is open to anyone in NJ, Eastern PA, DE and NYC areas.
Please inquire at "membe-@sjgr.org"
SJGR is the Delaware Valley's Oldest Active Paranormal Research Group.
We are a professional research and investigation group with years of
experience dealing with ghosts and hauntings. We conduct ghost research,
discreet investigations and promote the learning and understanding of
ghosts and other psychic phenomenon. Our group consists of experienced
investigators some of which have been investigating ghosts and the
supernatural for over 17 years. We also welcome and train amateur
investigators. We come from all walks of life, from law enforcement to
grandmothers. Our ages range from eighteen to the sixties. We are all
serious about the pursuit of knowledge; the assisting of those in need
and we invite all open-minded individuals to join us in our quest to
understand ghosts better. We offer all our services for free. SJGR is an
official 501(c)(3) Non Profit, Tax Exempt Organization.

***
From Thomas at: barne-@att.net

Anyone in the Chicagoland area that has a haunting that needs to be
investigated, please contact Thomas Barnett at "barne-@att.net" for
help. We are a non-profit group looking to help people with any
haunting.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

From The Shadowlands ( Website: "http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/" )

Wandering or Visiting Ghosts
by Tina Carlson ("tari-@theshadowlands.net")

Many times we get stories or questions here at the Shadowlands that
tell about seeing or experiencing ghosts once or for a matter of a few
days never to see them or experience the same ghost again.
I believe in many cases that this may be wandering or visiting ghosts.
Wandering or visiting ghosts are ghosts who are on their way to a
certain place or area and they get distracted or curious about energy we
may be releasing or an action we may be doing. They stop at our
homes or areas until their curiosity is abated.
Another thing that could cause these visits is the fact that ghosts
know when a person can sense them. In a world where most people cannot
or won't see a ghost this can make a ghost want to check in on
the sensitive.
These visits can last a few minutes to a few days depending on the
ghosts and our reaction to them. Then the ghost leaves to continue on
its path to wherever it was headed before it stopped to visit.
This theory could help explain why many ghosts are only experienced
for a short time, or a haunting to only last days.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

From Don Swain at: Spirith-@aol.com
Operations Director, Yuma Spirit Hunters ( Website:
"www.yumaspirithunters.com" )

Historic Yuma Theater Haunt a Long
October 26, 2001

The Historic Yuma Theater first opened its doors to the residents of
Yuma Arizona in 1912, it was then known as the Zeller Theater. The
Historic Theater has burnt down twice in its 89 years on this earth once
in 1913 and again in 1936, The Theater was rebuilt both times and
through its years has hosted Vaudeville plays, Boxing matches and many a
moving picture. After the 1913 fire the theater structure was leased to
Riley's Garage which operated there for 11 1/2 years. The January 1936
fire much of the theater portion of the building was damaged beyond
repair However the theater reopened in April of 1936. The theater has
been in operation continuously since its re opening in 1936 in 1980
however with the decline of the downtown area the Theater was closed. In
1987 the City of Yuma opened the Yuma Theater once again. During the
decades and different owners the Theater exterior has gone through
several architectural styles but it is the same Yuma Theater of
yesteryear rich in history.
On October 26th 2001 the Yuma Spirit Hunters, of Yuma Arizona, in
cooperation with the City of Yuma Arts and Culture Division Presented a
guided ghost hunt at the Historic Yuma Theater. The Ghost Hunt was a
great success both in raising money for the Historic Yuma Theater
restoration project as well as showing people that what they see on the
TV shows such as "Fear" and "Worlds Scariest Places" is not close to
what the true ghost hunter does.
I believe that most of our guests were lucky enough to experience some
type of paranormal active. We had guests who had camera batteries going
dead for no apparent reason in certain areas of the theater. It was also
reported by one guest that she heard muffled sounds while in the old
dressing room area of the theater, many of the guests talked about
seeing movement out of the corner of their eye and when they turned to
see who was there, there was no one. I also received some great pictures
from one of the guests taken during the ghost hunt which shows some orbs
in the seating area. These pictures can be viewed at my web page
"www.spirithunter.faithweb.com" under Yuma Theater Ghost Hunt. In short
the event was a great success and we hope to be able to help out with
other fund raising projects in the future.

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From Ananova News Service ( http://www.ananova.com/ )
Story filed: 17:54 Wednesday 21st November 2001
US TV Crew Captures Evidence of Pub Ghost on Film!
A medium says a US television crew has captured video evidence of a
ghost which apparently haunts an Edinburgh pub. The spirit is said to be
of a publican who was driven to the verge of bankruptcy when locals
boycotted the pub because they believed he tortured children.
American TV series Understanding the Paranormal is to broadcast the
footage filmed at the Corn Exchange in the Leith area of the city.
Edinburgh-based clairvoyant Frances Ryan was filmed apparently making
the first-ever contact with the ghost. Experts believe the session may
explain strange occurrences at the pub.
Staff say they regularly hear the sounds of a young child crying
upstairs, while a lounge area is said to have been plagued by flickering
lights. Others says they have been "nudged" when entering or nearing an
upstairs room. They also says they've felt a cold blast of air. Archie
Lawrie, secretary of the Scottish Society for Psychical Research, says a
three-year-old child may have been kept locked in a cupboard in the
room. Corn Exchange manageress Dianne Somerville told the Evening News
<http://www.edinburghnews.com>: "I've heard crying and funny noises from
up there and you get lights flickering on and off in the back lounge,
but it doesn't worry me, nothing's caused me any harm yet."

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able
to provide valuable information, contacts and actual stories.
   If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your
community, I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at
"mez-@telus.net" . I am interested in reference material of any kind:
already published works, contact information for individuals who have
had first-hand paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I
guarantee anonymity to any persons who would rather not have their names
mentioned in the upcoming volume.
I realize that we're getting into a busy holiday season, but if you
could find a few minutes to send on any information that you think would
help to make this a top quality collection of stories, I would very much
appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

***
From Robin at: robin-@yahoo.com

Just wondering if anyone knows of any groups near or
in Rochester, NY. E-mail "mailto:robbi-@aol.com" with any
information. Thanks.

__________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Vicky at: Vickyh-@aol.com

I had moved back to Spokane, my home city, from California, I had been
in CA for 5 years. My husband & I purchased a home from a lady who's
mother had lived in this house for over 40 years and had just passed. It
was a beautiful two bedroom house w/ full attic upstairs. She had taken
excellent care of this home, it was obvious that she loved it, & many of
her personal items had been left in the home after an estate sale.
Anyway, the first night I was asleep in the master bedroom & it was
getting close to dawn, I was awakened by a feeling of someone sitting on
my feet. I could not move & I also had the feeling that I was not
welcome there. When I finally forced myself completely awake, I just
decided I had had a dream & it was me feeling insecure yet about the new
move. Things started to happen that my daughter & I were the ones that
witnessed or felt things. I would be in the kitchen & feel a tap on the
shoulder to turn around to no one in the room. The television in the
front room would come on or go off by itself, or it would start changing
channels like someone had been flipping the remote. Things would move by
themselves to turn up in other locations in the house, I would feel
breezes past my face w/ no source for a wind inside the house w/ the
windows closed. My alarm clock would advance the time sometimes as much
as 1 hour. I would reset it, & within a week it would advance itself
again. ( I had used the clock before & after living there & it worked
fine.
The presence started to have a different feeling to it, like it
decided we were OK to be there. But it had to let us know it was there
also, especially to me. Each & every night I read in bed for awhile,
turn out the light next to the bed and about 5 minutes or so later the
shade would start to make a crinkling noise that would start out softly
then get louder and louder then stop anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes
later. I thought it might just be the shade cooling off after turning
off the light so I decided to try to use the overhead light and not use
the lamp, but still the same thing each night. My daughter would hear
loud pounding at night, bury her head into the pillow & she couldn't
drown it out. She would ask my husband & I if we had had sex, thinking
we were just being loud, my husband slept on the couch because he was a
very loud snorer. we would have remembered if we had slept together. We
just got used to these things happening as they were not in any way
threatening, but on one early morning, about 3 or 4 in the morning I was
startled awake by the covers being lifted off of me at least four feet &
I got both scared & angry.
I shouted that I know you are there & I don't mind as long as you keep
your distance & DON'T TOUCH ME! that never happened again, & about two
years after we moved in we put the house up for sale as my husband & I
got divorced. I go by the house once in awhile & have notice that at
least 6 different families have moved in & out in the last ten years. I
feel that the ghost is of the lady that lived there for so many years &
she loved her house & my only guess is that maybe she didn't want to
leave it. I have often thought of stopping to ask any of the new
residents if they have had any of the same things happening to them.
I might get up the courage one of these days. I have always been a
little aware of the other side as I have seen a ghost, & heard them but
never did see the one that was in this house. It is nice to be able to
share these things w/ someone who doesn't make you feel like your crazy.
So I don't share with others too often.

***
From: pun-@inu.net

My father and step-mother decided to take myself, my step-brother, and
sister to New Mexico for a summer vacation. On our way home we decided
to stay at The Lodge in Cloudcroft. My brother and I were 14 at the time
and my sister was 16 we all thought that The Lodge and it's scenery were
beautiful, but we all looked forward to a very boring night because
there was nothing there at the time for us to do. No one told us about
the history of The Lodge.
The entire time we were there we all had a strange feeling that
someone was watching us. We all felt strange. Our parents slept in a
room down the hall from us. My brother, sister and myself were to sleep
in a room together. My brother on a daybed and my sister and me on the
big bed. We borrowed a book from the book case in the hall and decided
to read it to each other. It started out that my brother was on his bed
and my sister an I were on our bed. It was late at night and we all kept
hearing sounds coming from our bathroom and from out in the hallway. We
all got so scared that we ended up (all three of us) sleeping in the
same bed together.
The next morning after we got dressed and ready to go our parents
wondered why we all slept in the same bed together. We told them, and
they said “Come with us, we have something to show you“. We still had no
idea about the history of The Lodge. My step-mom took me down to the Red
Dog Saloon. I seen the painting on the wall of all the dogs and I told
her that it was neat but why did she bring me down here. We started
walking towards the bathroom near the saloon and the hairs on the back
of my neck and on my arms started standing straight up and I got
terrified. She and I made it to the bathroom and it got really cold for
about a minute when we got to the door of the bathroom. I wouldn't go
any further. We turned around and went back upstairs.
Then my daddy got a key for us to go up to the small tower. I had the
same feeling when we started climbing the stairs the first room we came
to had windows around it so you can see the beautiful mountain view. We
went further up another set of stairs and when we reached the top there
was another room. This room wasn't as pretty as the first. There were
names carved in the wood all around the room. They were from people that
had stayed there in the past. Some of the names were of famous people.
When we reached the top I was so scared that I could hardly move from
the top step. We all had a very strange feeling being up there. Needless
to say we didn't stay up there very long. When we returned the key to
the front desk, we were then told about the history of The Lodge. They
told us about Rebecca and how she was killed. They went on to tell us
about the many different things that had been experienced there. They
let us go and look at Rm. 101, the Governor's Suite, and then told us
about things they had experienced in there.
We understood why we had felt the way we had the night before.....The
Lodge is one place that I will have to visit again......(but definitely
not alone)

***
From Randi at: FoxRyd-@aol.com

In my house, if you stay for long, you’ll hear footsteps. You can
look thru the whole house and never find anyone. I asked a woman, who
used to live here, about it and she said her father had died before just
before we moved in. AHHH, I thought, but oh well I love the house.
Hopefully he likes me.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

SPIRITS OF CHRISTMAS EVENT!
Hosted by the American Ghost Society (Website:
"http://www.prairieghosts.com/ags.html" )

Our 4th Annual "Spirits of Christmas" Event will be held on December 8,
2001 at the History & Hauntings Book Co. in Alton, Illinois! This FREE
event will start at 5:00 PM and we hope that many of our readers and
subscribers will be able to attend. In addition to being another of our
fun, ghostly gatherings, we'll also be featuring author readings, book
signings and more. Scheduled to appear so far are Troy Taylor (me!), who
will be reading from his new, upcoming book HAUNTED ST. LOUIS and Dave
Goodwin, who will be reading an excerpt from his new book, GHOSTS OF
JEFFERSON BARRACKS!
It costs absolutely nothing to attend this year's holiday event, but
reservations are required. Simply email us with your name and the number
of people in your party so that we'll have an accurate count for chairs!
Come celebrate with us and uphold the age-old tradition of ghost story
telling at Christmas time! Email us with your reservations or call us at
(618) 465-1084!

***
Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky
Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President, Ghost Chasers
International.
Website: "http://www.ghostchasersinternational.com"
Email: holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:

First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3

All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):

First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17

These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.

On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,
Lexington, Kentucky 40503

If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can email me at
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
hauntedsites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

We’re pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion.
It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion Saturday (Nov. 10th) evening. We
came away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of
the investigation, with the Centers Director, the window's began to
rattle in front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess
so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

We have added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone
interested, we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members
Restaurant beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm.
Everyone will meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron
Kettle restaurant. This place is very active and you will be able to
take photos and walk around. A hotbed of activity!
This is a bar and restaurant (the cost is separate from the conference
fee). This is just a informal get together, so we can all get in the
“mood” and meet new friends or to just settle down after your travels
and have a good time with like minded people.
We will be meeting for cocktails at 7 (very informal) and then will
have a sit down dinner. The cost of dinner is $22.00 per person.
includes tax and tip. Payments may be made to Kelly Weaver.
To reserve your space, I will need your payment by CHECK (no master
card or visa for this one) by March 1, 2002. (you will have 3 choices
for dinner, Haddock, Chicken Parm, or Strip Steak, potato, salad,
dessert and a banquet beverage. Alcohol is not included in the cost.
Very, very good food here! And the spirits aren't bad either!!!!!!!!!
I have a sign up sheet. This room holds only 55 people, so this on a
first come first serve basis. If you are interested in the Welcome
dinner, please give me your name/address/phone. Your spot will be
secured.
We are also including a map of other local haunts of interest for those
who may want to venture out on your own on Friday. We will have the
workers/owners of the Iron Kettle telling their ghostly tales that
Friday evening.

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and even how best to investigate your local
cemetery. Troy will present first-hand accounts of his experiences in
haunted cemeteries and some of the most famous graveyards in America!
Hear the legends and real-life accounts behind Bachelor's Grove,
Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

PATTY WILSON - Author of Haunted Pennsylvania, Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 1 &
Pa. Ghost Guide Vol. 2. Co-founder of the Paranormal Research
Foundation, located in Western, PA. Patty has made a career of writing
about Pennsylvania's wonderful and weird history. She will discuss PA's
most haunted sites. She masterfully tells these spooky stories that will
make your hair stand on end!

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have found that what
dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to help me rid the
house of the entities. Join me in the house after the first exorcism,
when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of the
Hauck Report and an Rep for Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.
From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.
From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.

The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002 from 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.
The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference, lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted
site to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers
with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced at a later date.
For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610 or to make your
reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

Join Dave and Sharon in May, 2002 at our fifth annual Gettysburg Ghost
Conference. Our theme is Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP. The
Conference will focus around EVP and the software for evaluating the
voices. Tips and secrets shared. We will demonstrate how clear EVP
voices are as compared to the digital static many confuse with EVP. We
will also be providing a special EVP CD for everyone attending the
Conference, filled with real voices of the dead from our own private
collection. The CD will only be available for those who pre-register for
the Conference.
We do not use mediums, psychics or Ouija boards to claim
communications with the dead because psychic claims cannot be verified.
It may be valid or it may be emotional static. Instead, we focus on the
scientific approach to ghost hunting that can be accomplished by
everyone.
This will be one of the most exciting and most haunted events that you
will ever attend. The friendships developed may well last a life time.
Come and experience the Ghosts of Gettysburg with Dave and Sharon.
Special Holiday Inn room discounts for members attending the Conference.
Experience the scientific approach to ghost hunting.
We are set up for PayPal orders by going to the Gettysburg web page
at: "http://www.ghostweb.com/2002conf.html". Also the Online Order Form
can be found at "http://www.ghostweb.com/orderform.html". Be sure to
send us the names of those attending for the name badges.

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

12/02/01 - Sun/Mon
Host: Ian Punnett
Guest: R. Gary Patterson
His fascination with Rock' n' Roll's history, myths, and urban legends
has led to him being called the "self-styled Fox Mulder of Rock and
Roll." He has served as a consultant for VH1's new music series VH1
Confidential and appears on camera in episodes 1, 2, & 5 discussing "The
Paul is Dead" rumors of 1969, "Robert Johnson and The Curse of 27", and
"Rock n' Roll's Mad Geniuses."

12/03/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Frank Joseph
Frank Joseph is the editor-in-chief of "Ancient American", a
bi-monthly popular science magazine. He has participated as a reporter
in professional archaeological expeditions, including surveys of the
sunken "Bimini Wall", in the Bahamas. A scuba diver since 1962, he has
undertaken hundreds of dives from the Aegean Sea to the Canary Islands
and the Caribbean. He is a regular speaker at the Japan Petroglyph
Society, in Tokyo, and a guest lecturer in England. Joseph is the author
of nine published books, mostly about American prehistory. Beginning in
1985, he has traveled several times around the world to research the
lost civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria
Website: "http://www.ancientamerican.com/"
Website: "http://www.arebookstore.com/"

12/04/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Joshua P. Warren
The L.E.M.U.R. Team recently completed an exhausting 3-night
expedition onto Brown Mountain. They have gained more significant clues
about what may cause the mysterious lights. Joshua P. Warren, Founder
and President of L.E.M.U.R., is an expert on paranormal research. Warren
was hired by the famous Grove Park Inn to be the first person to
officially investigate the Pink Lady apparition in 1995 (the same year
he founded L.E.M.U.R. paranormal investigations). Warren is also an
international award-winning filmmaker, having worked on the sets of
Warner Brother's My Fellow Americans, Universal's Patch Adams, Paradise
Falls, Inbred Rednecks, and SongCatcher. His first novel, The Evil in
Asheville, was released in September of 2000. His next ghost research
book will be published by Simon & Schuster, the largest publisher in the
world, fall of 2003.
Website: "http://www.BrownMountainLights.com/"
Website: "http://www.phantoms.cc"
Website: "http://www.ParanormalWeekend.com/"

12/05/01 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Dan Aykroyd & David B. Sereda
Website: "http://www.ufonasa.com/"
Video: Evidence: The Case for NASA UFOs

12/06/01 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Pam Reynolds
In 1991, Pam Reynolds underwent one of the most fantastic surgical
procedures ever performed. In order to clip an aneurysm in her brain,
her body was cooled to 58 degrees F, her heart stopped and most of the
blood drained from her body. In short, she was dead! While in this
state, she encountered one of the most remarkable Near-Death-Experiences
ever documented. Ten years later, hers remains the most scientifically
documented case on record. Don't miss this rare and unusual story.
Website: "http://www.near-death.com/reynolds.html"

12/07/01 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

12/10/01 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Major Ed Dames
The world's foremost remote viewing teacher, Edward A. Dames, Major,
U.S. Army (Ret.), is the creator of Technical Remote Viewing, and
co-creator of Mindazzle! An original member of the U.S. Army prototype
remote viewing training program, he subsequently served as the training
and operations officer for the Defense Intelligence Agency's psychic
intelligence (PSIINT) collection unit, and currently serves as executive
director for the Matrix Intelligence Agency, a private consulting group.

Topic: Domestic terrorism -- Detailed profile and location of an anthrax
letter sender
Website: "http://www.trvinstitute.com"
Website: "Http://www.mindazzle.com"
Website: "Http://www.psispymaster.com" (Info on Terrorist Activites)
Website: "http://www.matrixintelligenceagency.com"

12/11/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Robert W. Morgan
Bigfoot Researcher and Founder of The American Anthropological Research
Foundation

***
PAX TV

Tue - 4th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Lost Souls
Fri - 7 at 9pm- Encounters With the Unexplained
Sun - 9th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: Reason to Cry

***
TRAVEL CHANNEL

Thu - 6th at 8pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: New Orleans
Thu - 6th at 9pm - New Orleans Voodoo
Thu 6th at 10pm - World’s Strangest Remains
Thu - 6th at 11pm - America’s Most haunted Places: New Orleans

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL

Thu - 6th at 10pm - Abominable Snowman

***
SCIFI:

Fri - 7th at 9pm - Movie: Stephen King’s “IT”
Sat - 8th at 7pm - Movie: Stephen King’s “IT”
Sat - 8th at 9pm - Movie: Stephen King’s “IT”
Sat - 8th at 11pm - Moive: The Amityville Horror
Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards

***
DISCOVERY - KIDS

Sat - 8th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sun - 9th at 8:30 pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland

***
HISTORY CHANNEL

Sat - 8th at 11pm - Haunted History: Washington, D.C.

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Bi-weekly on Mondays
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/