Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Dec 23, 2001 13:58 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
12/25/01

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

The staff of the newsletter would like to take this time to wish you
and yours HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

***
   In the last issue we ran an article entitled “You Know Your a Ghost
Hunter if..“ At the time of the publication we were not sure of the
source or the author. Many people claimed to be the author of it. We
finally found out where it came from (Shame, shame on those of you who
claimed you wrote it!). We received an email from Cindy at
QUINN-@aol.com which said:

You know you are a ghosthunter if... was started by Darkangel on April
4th from the Ghoststudy.com message board. Others on the message board
joined in to compile this amusing list.

After receiving this email we received another from Jim Eaton, who is
the webmaster of Ghoststudy.com. We wish to apology to Jim for
publishing it and not giving proper credit.
View the article at:"http://www.ghoststudy.com/new/ghosthunter2.html"
Visit Jim’s great website at: "http://ghoststudy.com"

***
I’m sure most of our readers have visited The Haunted Places web site
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/ . This site is one of the oldest
ghost related sites on the web and was started (as was this newsletter)
by Dennis William Hauck.
Due to the time restraints of upcoming projects, Dennis has asked me
to take over as webmaster for the site. I wish to thank Dennis for
offering me this position and only hope that I can do as fine a job as
he has done.
I’ll be taking over as webmaster in January and will still continue on
as editor of the newsletter. If you have not yet visit the site I
encourage you to visit it. For those of you that have, be sure to visit
it again for all the latest updates.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Jim at: SPIRITH-@aol.com

Jim Ledbetter, Tn area rep for AGS, has just recently formed a group in
Walland, Tn. (approximately 15 miles south of Knoxville, Tn). We
presently have 5 members on the team, which is now called "East Tn.
Paranormal Research Society" (ETPRS for short). We are in the process of
trying to recruit other member! If you are interested, then contact us
at www.ETPRS.org

***
From Olivia at: obit-@worldnet.att.net

We'd like to introduce ourselves to your readers and extend an
invitation to anyone living in the Atlanta or North Georgia areas to let
us help them with any paranormal problems they may be experiencing. We
are the Foundation for Paranormal Research, founded in July, 1999, and
dedicated to scientific exploration and research in regard to paranormal
activities. We range in age from the early thirties to sixty years, and
bring with us a variety of expertise and experience. We use electronic
technology to assess any situation which suggests paranormal activity,
and we do not condone, nor do we use Ouija boards, conduct seances or
provide channeling. Please get in touch with us through our website,
"http://www.paranormalresearchonline.com" .

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

DO DEAD RELATIVES VISIT YOU?
Written by: Patty Wilson

As the holiday season approaches once more, I have begun to field
questions about the possibility of dead relatives visiting the living.
This was brought home to me even more the other night when I was at the
U.S. Hotel in Hollidaysburg, PA. As I entered the lady's restroom, I
heard a woman crying. I couldn't gracefully leave because she was
already aware of my presence. I asked her if she was okay, and she began
to tell me about the fact that she had lost her best friend of thirty
years only two days ago. She had been at a Christmas party, but her
grief had suddenly overwhelmed her and she had fled to the restroom. My
heart went out to her and I began to talk about being a writer and ghost
hunter and about my belief that her friend was not gone forever. The
woman wiped at her tears, and then she surprised me by saying, "I know
that it sounds strange, but I smell her perfume at my house when I'm
alone. I'd like to think that she's really there."
I remembered something that Kelly Weaver, a professional psychic and
friend from Camp Hill, PA , had told me. She said that that often
thosepeople whom we love do return for visits on special occasions. If
the dead are not bound by a barrier between worlds, then it would make
perfect sense to think that they would still be interested in the lives
of those they had loved so well. That strange encounter at the U.S.
Hotel started me down a train of thought about our dead loved ones
visiting us. We, who hunt proof that ghosts exist, often go far out of
our way to look for evidence, but what if evidence could be found within
the pages of our own family photo albums?
Recently I was startled as I was flipping through an old book of
photographs I have. Among the shots of my family taken nearly seventeen
years ago, are a few pictures of a family member playing with a dog in
the woods below our home. In two photos there are orbs. The one photo
shows a large orb seemingly drawn to him and in the second photo there
are two orbs near him. Who they were I, of course, have no way of
knowing, but I do know that there have been at least two deaths on this
old family land.
Near our garden there is the unmarked grave of a dead baby that who
was delivered stillborn after the child's mother was hurt. The baby was
born two months premature and simply was too little to survive in those
days. The source for this information was the elderly lady who had so
long ago given birth to the child. She came to us and explained the
story and asked us not to enlarge the garden. Of course, we did not do
so.
On the site of our present home there once stood the original little
house built in the 1930's. In that house the original owner had died of
a heart attack in the 1980s. Of course, there have probably been many
deaths in the area. Near our picnic site there are the ruins of at least
two old houses which have been long abandoned. Could it have been one of
those people who came to visit us that summer day so long ago?
I'll never know the answer to that question, but I do know that I am
more and more becoming convinced that if ghosts do exist, then they just
might return to share our special events and our fun times. With that in
mind, I suggest that it would not be a bad idea this year to examine
your holiday photos or photos of special events very closely. Perhaps
that proof you've been chasing through cemeteries and abandoned old
buildings was really with you all of the time.

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Home Owner Claims Deceased Professor Haunts Her House
By Tami Watson, Transcript Staff Writer
December 20, 2001
©The Norman Transcript 2001

Sometimes even death can’t separate an individual from that which he
loves. Such seems the case between a deceased University of Oklahoma
physics professor and the Norman home he built in 1981. Mysterious
occurrences have apparently forced two — maybe three — previous owners
to suddenly move out of the home, some even leaving behind personal
belongings.

Making his presence known
According to Agi Lurtz — who has lived at 2115 Martingale Dr. since
1994 — Sybrand Broersma continues to occupy his unique, cream-colored
creation, even though he died in the home 15 years ago today.
Broersma makes his presence known almost constantly, whether it be
moving items from place to place, blowing out light bulbs or causing
commotions, she said.
“He died downstairs, but according to my kids, he really hangs out in
my son’s room,” she said. “He’s really all over the house. Upstairs and
downstairs, everywhere. He’s all over.”
Lurtz said her husband moved into the home in 1993. When they were
married a year later, she joined him there.
“I knew he was in the home the first night I spent there,” Lurtz said.
“About 1 or 2 in the morning, I woke up to an extremely loud, old-time
radio news show blaring. I woke up to that night after night. Finally, I
asked my husband if he heard it, and he said, ‘You hear it, too?" After
some careful investigation, Lurtz discovered where the sound was coming
from. As she went down the first flight, the sound became louder and
louder. As she approached the first landing, it stopped.
“The sound was coming from between the floors,” she said. “It was old
radio news and old TV news, very loud.”

A family affair
Lurtz isn’t the only one in the family who’s encountered Broersma’s
spirit, which apparently has a penchant for German metal music.
“He likes Rammstein,” she said. “Sometimes it would be blaring when
we’d get home. We’d shut it off and it would come back on.”
Another time, the family was listening to a Pretenders CD when
suddenly the player wouldn’t advance to the next song.
“It kept repeating the same song,” she said. “Finally, my son fast
forwarded to another song, and the CD played backwards all the way to
the song it had been repeating before.”
Lurtz said the home is built like an art museum. It didn’t even have a
kitchen until a previous owner added one a few years back, she said. And
although there is a grand master bedroom upstairs, Broersma chose to
sleep downstairs.
She said she’s never been frightened by the spirit’s presence. She’s
convinced some spirits choose to communicate with people who seem open
to their presence.
“Since the time I was little, little, little, I’ve lived in houses with
ghosts,” she said. “I’ve never felt threatened.”
Lurtz said she’s also never been scared of Broersma’s ghost. She also
believes she knows why the professor remains in the home and hopes she
can help put him to rest.

A final request
About three years ago, Lurtz said, she saw an apparition of the
professor for the first and only time. It was about 2 in the morning,
and she awoke to find a man standing at the end of her bed. He looked
European and wore a very unusual hat, she said.
“I wasn’t even scared. That’s the strange thing,” Lurtz said. “So, we
just started talking. He had broken English.
“I asked him, ‘Why are you still here?’ and he said, ‘Because I never
had an obituary.’” Lurtz said she went the Norman Public Library that
weekend and looked at microfilm from old copies of The Norman
Transcript. Sure enough, she said, she didn’t find an obituary for the
man.
“I guess he felt like he deserved that,” she said. “He needed that
before he could go on.”

An untimely death
According to a document filed on Feb. 18, 1988, in Cleveland County
District Court, which appoints a special administrator of his estate,
Sybrand Broersma died “on or about” Dec. 20, 1987. Although he
apparently died on Dec. 20 of natural causes, his body wasn’t discovered
until Dec. 27, according to Primrose Funeral Home.
“A student that he’d been good friends with came down from Kansas to
check on him when he didn’t show up for a Christmas dinner at a friend’s
home,” Lurtz said. “He broke down the door and found him.”
A memorial service was held for Broersma on Jan. 29, 1988, at Primrose
Chapel. The eulogy was given by Paul E. Hendrickson, the student who
found his body and the executioner of his estate.

Professional accomplishments
According to a program from the memorial service, Broersma was born
Sept. 20, 1919, in Harlingen, Netherlands, the third child of Jacob and
Johanna (Zwanenberg) Broersma. He received bachelor’s and master’s
degrees in physics from the University of Leiden, Netherlands, in 1939
and 1941, and received his Ph.D. in engineering physics from the Delft
Institute of Technology in 1947. He then moved to the United States,
serving as a visiting researcher at Northwestern University and the
University of Toronto. While he awaited his U.S. citizenship, he spent
two years teaching at the University of Indonesia in Bandung, Java, for
the U.S. State Department. He received his citizenship in 1957, and
returned as an assistant professor to Northwestern. He joined the OU
faculty in 1959 as an associate professor of physics, retiring as a full
professor in 1986.
“He joined the Dutch resistance during the war, was imprisoned and
condemned to death,” Hendrickson said at the memorial service, according
to a book titled “Slow Start, Fast Finish,” by OU physics professor
Richard G. Fowler, who was chairman when Broersma was hired at OU in
1959. “He escaped, swam a canal at night, and took refuge in the
basement of the laboratory, where he lived throughout the war.”
According to Hendrickson, during his career, Broersma’s primary areas
of research were magnetism and hydrodynamics. He published numerous
articles in various scientific journals and was a member of the APS, the
Netherlands Physical Society, the European Physical Society, AAUP, Sigma
Xi and listed in Who’s Who in the South and Southwest
.
A simple and elegant life
“Dr. Broersma chose a life style that was simple yet elegant. This
style had profound affect on those who knew him,” Hendrickson said at
the service. “In this style he found fulfillment through doing good
science, establishing sound relationships, travel and collecting and
appreciating fine art.” Broersma had a taste for rare and expensive art
— unusual Third World sculptures and ceramics — and was a devoted
supporter of the Oklahoma Symphony. Other areas of his life, however,
reflected frugality, according to Hendrickson.
“To illustrate this, one should realize that a car to him simply was a
means of transportation — nothing more — therefore his Ford or Plymouth
or whatever he drove was not the focus of great attention. He drove it
until it wore out,” Hendrickson said, recalling a trip Broersma once
made to Dallas.
“... his car stopped. He coasted onto the shoulder, locked the doors
and walked on into town. He found a used car lot, bought another car,
presented the keys to the salesman and gave instructions that the OU
parking sticker should be scraped from the window and returned to him,”
Hendrickson said. “He was concerned the OU reserved parking not be
abused! Later we laughed together about the occasion.”
Broersma was an athletic man, according to Hendrickson, who loved
mountaineering and rock climbing.

Rescuing a university
In “Slow Start, Fast Finish,” Fowler claims Broersma’s most
significant accomplishment was his rescue of “the good name of the
university and the department from the disaster that was pending with
NASA.” “In 1966, when we all had more research money than we could
spend, and the department had 85 graduate students, over half working on
Ph.Ds, one of Werner von Braun’s bright young men descended upon us,
offering untold sums to study remote sensing techniques from
satellites,” Fowler wrote. “ ... They worked on it for three of four
years, spent a lot of money, and had been unable to obtain a single
useful result. NASA was wroth at the lack of return on their investment.
At that point, Broersma took over, rebuilt it, and “made the first
useful, practical measurements of the real, broadened spectrum of water
vapor ever.”
“Then he went on to derive theory to check the observations, and
demonstrate that in the future the theory would be sufficient,” Fowler
wrote. “And NASA was satisfied. As I said before, all of us owe him a
deep debt for this effort. It was so like Broersma. Quietly done.
Completely done.”
Broersma never married. He considered his students his family. In
fact, Fowler wrote, when one of Broersma’s students, Larry Walls, died
in 1978, Broersma grieved him just as a parent would.

Finally put to rest
Lurtz said letting others know these things about Broersma should give
him the recognition he needs in order to move on.
“He was amazing,” she said. “I thought it was very interesting that he
had such an incredible past, but no recognition. I’m hoping this will
finally put him to rest, that people will be aware of his achievements
and he can go on.”
An obituary for Broersma appears on page B13.
Tami Watson covers the paranormal and politics. She can be reached via
e-mail at tamiw-@normantranscript.com.

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able to provide valuable information,
contacts and actual stories.
   If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your
community, I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at
"mez-@telus.net" . I am interested in reference material of any kind:
already published works, contact information for individuals who have
had first-hand paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I
guarantee anonymity to any persons who would rather not have their names
mentioned in the upcoming volume.
I realize that we're getting into a busy holiday season, but if you
could find a few minutes to send on any information that you think would
help to make this a top quality collection of stories, I would very much
appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

***
From Ron at: RONZO-@aol.com

My name is Ronny and I’m from Boston, Mass. Is there a group in my
area that is taking accepting members who are just learning about ghost
hunting and loving every minute of it.

***
From Lisa at:lhowar-@msn.com

Greetings all! I'm an amateur looking for a group, in the Pittsburgh
area, to learn and do investigations with. If anyone is looking for new
members in the area, please contact me!

***
From: Becky at: tyg-@earthlink.net

I would love to find out if there are any "ghost hunters" in the
Albany, New York area. Although, I have never personally experienced
anything, yet, myself, I have always been a firm believer and would love
to expose my self to more opportunities in which I may finally have my
first of many experiences

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: YepImB-@aol.com

In 1996 my future husband and I moved to a small old vacation house on
5 of acres of land. After a few coats of white paint and some serious
cleaning we moved in.
At first everything was normal, and then came the smells; in the
morning especially. Sometimes we would wake up to the smell of brewing
coffee, we would go to the kitchen to see if we had accidentally hit the
timer on the coffee maker...but low and behold it wouldn't be on and
there was no coffee. But the smell was so strong.
Also every now and then there would be a scent of roses. This we could
tolerate, until the knocking started. It was sporadic but it always
managed to catch me off guard. and of course scare me to death.
There also would be incidents that involved our old wooden steps in
the basement.. During the day it sounded like a 200 pound man making a
mad dash up the stairs and just when it sounds like whatever it was ,
was going to break the door down, the noise would restart from the
bottom. I still shudder thinking about it..
Finally we had enough because sometimes we would find a candle lit in
the kitchen, and of course this made us nervous because we didn't want
our house to burn down. My by then husband, stood in the kitchen and
said "I don't know who you are and I don't care, but if you can light a
candle you can flip a switch.. No more lighting candles” and it never
did again.
There also used to be crashing noises coming from the kitchen. It
sounded like all my pots and pans fell on the floor at once. Startled we
would run and check but everything would be in order.
When my daughter got to the age when she could speak’ she would always
talk about Michael, her invisible friend. I would ask her where Michael
lived and she would say 'He lives here mommy' As time went on I realized
that scrawled on the side of old red house where the words " Michael was
here" Needless to say we moved.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky,
Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President, Ghost Chasers
International.
Website: "http://www.ghostchasersinternational.com" Email:
holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:

First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3

All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):

First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17

These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.

On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,
Lexington, Kentucky 40503

If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can email me at
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
hauntedsites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

We’re pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion. It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of
Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion Saturday (Nov. 10th) evening. We
came away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of
the investigation, with the Centers Director, the window's began to
rattle in front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess
so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

We have added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone
interested, we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members
Restaurant beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm. Everyone will
meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron Kettle
restaurant. This place is very active and you will be able to take
photos and walk around. A hotbed of activity!
This is a bar and restaurant (the cost is separate from the conference
fee). This is just a informal get together, so we can all get in the
“mood” and meet new friends or to just settle down after your travels
and have a good time with like minded people. We will be meeting for
cocktails at 7 (very informal) and then will have a sit down dinner. The
cost of dinner is $22.00 per person. includes tax and tip. Payments may
be made to Kelly Weaver. To reserve your space, I will need your payment
by CHECK (no master card or visa for this one) by March 1, 2002. (you
will have 3 choices for dinner, Haddock, Chicken Parm, or Strip Steak,
potato, salad, dessert and a banquet beverage. Alcohol is not included
in the cost. Very, very good food here! And the spirits aren't bad
either!!!!!!!!! I have a sign up sheet. This room holds only 55 people,
so this on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in the
Welcome dinner, please give me your name/address/phone. Your spot will
be secured.
We are also including a map of other local haunts of interest for those
who may want to venture out on your own on Friday. We will have the
workers/owners of the Iron Kettle telling their ghostly tales that
Friday evening.

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and even how best to investigate your local
cemetery. Troy will present first-hand accounts of his experiences in
haunted cemeteries and some of the most famous graveyards in America!
Hear the legends and real-life accounts behind Bachelor's Grove,
Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have found that what
dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to help me rid the
house of the entities. Join me in the house after the first exorcism,
when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of The
Haunted Places Report (http://www.haunted-places.com/ ) and an Rep for
Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations:
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference:
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.

From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.

From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th 2002 in beautiful sunny Yuma Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of Mesa
AZ. Proudly present the 1st annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.

Tenintive Itinerary (To be finalized February 2002):

Friday evening April 12th, 2002:
There will be a special event scheduled for early arrivals.

Saturday April 13th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Digital Ghost Photography Workshop- Learn the
individualized techniques used by the Yuma Spirit Hunters for capturing
and analyzing digital photographs - Presented by Richard Burns Technical
Director of Yuma Spirit Hunters.
To be held at the Oak Tree Inn (coffee and doughnuts will be served at
this event)

12:00pm to 3:00pm-- Family Picnic and BBQ held at the Historic Yuma
Territorial Prison Park. (Menu will be announced February of 2002)
During this time you will be free to tour the Historic Yuma Territorial
Prison, meet others from your field of expertise and compare techniques.
Host staff will be available to answer questions.

5:00pm-- Full Course Dinner- This dinner will be held at one of Yuma’s
many haunted historic sites. (Menu choices will be announced February of
2002) Hosts will again be available during the dinner for a question and
answer session.

6:30pm- Guest Speaker- Kriss Stephens Paranormal Consultant with the MTV
show FEAR she is also paranormal investigator for the New Orleans
Haunted History Tours. As well as doing investigations on her own. She
will be joined by one of the participants of the show that will speak
about the true paranormal phenomena that took place on the USS Hornet.

After the guest speakers we will adjourn to Haunted Historic Old Town
Yuma for a Haunted Historic Tour and or a ghost hunt at your choice of
Several of Yuma’s Haunted Historic Locations (to be announced February
2002)

Sunday April 14th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Farewell Gathering -- Guest speaker to be announced
February 2002. (Coffee, Juice and doughnuts to be served during the
event.

HOW TO REGISTER:

Conference cost is $60.00 per person this cost includes all events
listed above. Your Hotel Rooms are separate and you are responsible for
making your reservations. Save 10% by registering the full amount early
using Pay Pal. To qualify for this discount full payment must be
received by March 15th 2002.

Easy Pay Option- you can purchase your registration in 2 easy payments
of $30.00 (EASY PAY DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR THE 10% DISCOUNT). First $30.00
payment must be received by February 1st, 2002 and the 2nd $30.00
payment must be received by March 15th, 2002.

You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

NON ONLINE PAYMENT:
Checks and Money orders are accepted. Payments must be postmarked no
later than March 1, 2001

Send to:
Southwestern Paranormal Conference
12734 El Camino Del Diablo
Yuma Arizona, 85367
Please make checks or money orders pay able to: Yuma Spirit Hunters

Yuma AZ area Residents call (928) 520-4207 or (928)342-2955 for more
information or email spirith-@aol.com

Phoenix area Residents call (480) 969-4069 or (602) 292-6796 for more
information or email Naza-@aol.com

Local Hotels and Rates (subject to change):
Yuma Cabana (www.yumacabana.com )
2151 4th Ave.
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-783-8311 Fax- 928-783-1126 Reservation Line 1-800-874-0811
Standard rooms $29.99 1 person - $37.99 2 people Queen - $47.99 2P
Double Deluxe

Yuma’s Haunted Historic Hotel Lee
390 South Main Street
Yuma Arizona, 85364
Telephone 928-783-6336 Fax 928-783-0540
$40.00 2 person European Style Hotel
(Room’s Are Limited At Yuma’s Oldest Working Hotel Reserve Yours Early)

Holiday Inn Express of Yuma ( www.azohwy.com/h/holnexyu.htm )
3181 Fourth Ave
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-344-1420 Fax 928-341-0158 Reservation Line 1-877-800-6689
$55.00 up to 4 persons call to specify room type

BE SURE TO MENTION TO THE HOTELS THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE GHOST HUNTER
CONFERENCE

***
AMERICAN GHOST SOCIETY 2002 HAUNTED AMERICA NATIONAL CONFERENCE
JUNE 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available and linked from our home page at
<http://www.prairieghosts.com>
Below, you'll find information about the 2002 AGS National Conference
but more detailed information is available and linked from our home page
at <http://www.prairieghosts.com> Check it out and get ready for another
wonderful event! Thanks to the speed at which last year's tickets
vanished, for both the general conference sessions and the "after hours"
events, we suggest that you register early! Tickets go on sale February
4!
This year is going to be a very special conference for reasons that
you may have already heard.. BUT despite what some lovely person has
been spreading around, we will NOT be canceling the conference if Amy
goes into labor before (or even during!) the conference. We have
prepared for that and who knows.. you may get to see the newest member
of the American Ghost Society in person!!

The 2002 American Ghost Society National "Haunted America" Conference
will be held in Alton, Illinois on the weekend from June 20-23, 2002.
This wonderful annual event is the "original ghost conference" and while
it's often imitated, it's never equaled! This year's conference will
feature nationally known speakers and authors on ghosts and the
supernatural. Presented will be workshops and seminars on ghosts and
ghost hunting; information on spirit photography and conducting
investigations; discussions and question & answer periods; haunted
locations and the unexplained; first-hand reports of ghosts and
specters... and much more!
This our Sixth Annual Conference and as with each year, will give
attendees the chance to gather information about ghosts, hauntings and
the unexplained that you won't hear anywhere else; meet other ghost
enthusiasts from around the country; network and compare notes with
other investigators; and visit Alton, Illinois, "one of the most haunted
small towns in America". Don't miss this event!

REGISTRATION PRICES FOR FRIDAY - SUNDAY:
$60 PER PERSON.... REGISTRATION BEGINS FEBRUARY 4

SPEAKERS FOR THE 2002 CONFERENCE:

TROY TAYLOR: Troy is the president and founder of the American Ghost
Society and will be hosting this year's conference. He is the author of
nearly two dozen books on ghosts and hauntings, including "Haunted
Illinois", "Haunted St. Louis" and the "Ghost Hunter's Guidebook. He has
been actively involved with paranormal research and writing for more
than 10 years. He is also the author of the book "Haunted Alton" and the
host of the History & Hauntings Ghost Tours, based on his book. At this
year's event, Troy will be presenting "Confessions of a Ghost Hunter"..
about his own adventures, and misadventures, with ghost research. The
session will focus on his own unexplainable experiences and sightings as
well as things that can go wrong during an investigation like natural
phenomena, unbalanced witnesses, and much more! Sure to be both
enlightening and entertaining!
Troy will also be hosting three separate "History & Hauntings Tours"
during the conference on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday for
the Deluxe Dinner Tour of the city. These tours are additional, after
hours events for the conference and tickets are sold on a first come /
first served basis for the additional activities!

DALE KACZMAREK: Dale is the president of the Ghost Research Society and
is a returning favorite to the annual conference. He is the author of
the best-selling "Windy City Ghosts" and its sequel and has other
projects in the works on ghost phenomena. He has been involved in ghost
research for more than 25 years and is the host of the "Excursions into
the Unknown" ghost tours of Chicago. At this year's event, Dale will be
hosting a presentation on "More Windy City Ghosts", a further look at
the most haunted (and often little known) sites in the Chicagoland
region. The session will include his own experiences, encounters and
investigations in the field.
Dale will also be hosting a special after hours event on Friday Night!
This year's session will involve the in's, out's and how to's of Spirit
Photography. The after hours event will include photos, slides and video
about ghost photos as well as advice on cameras, film and the best
resources for paranormal photography. This is a hands-on and interactive
session, designed for questions and answers! Tickets for this session
are additional and it is an after hours event for which tickets are sold
on a first come / first served basis!

JANICE OBERDING: Janice is a long-time member and Area Representative
for the American Ghost Society and the author of the book "Haunted
Nevada". She specializes in writing about ghosts, true crime and the
unexplained and also lectures on ghost hunting and writing at a local
community college in Nevada. At this year's event, Janice will be
presenting a session on "Haunted Nevada"... focusing on the silver
state's most haunted buildings and the stories that surround them. The
slide presentation will include the Governor's Mansion, The Fourth Ward
School, Piper's Opera House, Goldfield Hotel, Boulder Dam Hotel and also
a few of the state's more famous ghostly figures like Elvis, Liberace,
Red Foxx and Bugsy Siegel!

PATTI STARR: Patti is the president of Ghost Chasers International and
has many years of experience with ghost research and hauntings. She
teaches a course on ghost hunting at the Lexington (Kentucky) Community
College and is the creator of a video on Ghost Hunting and Dowsing. She
has also been involved with a number of television programs and
documentaries on ghosts and investigating the supernatural. At this
year's event, Patti will be speaking about "How to Dowse for Ghosts"...
a how-to session on how to use dowsing rods to look for ghosts and how
best to use them when trying to record EVP (electronic voice phenomena).
The presentation will also include recordings and photos that were
obtained during dowsing sessions.

DAVE GOODWIN: Dave is a long-time member and area rep for both the
American Ghost Society and the Ghost Research Society and is the author
of the book "Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks". Dave is also a police
officer, security officer for Washington University in St. Louis and a
Captain in the Missouri National Guard. Thanks to his military and law
enforcement contacts, he often has access to stories that you won't hear
anywhere else! He puts this to good use for this year's event. His
session will be called "The Enigma of Haunted Military Posts".... and
will include ghost stories, accounts and first-hand encounters from
historic military posts all over America. The presentation will include
many stories that have never been heard before!

JOHN BRILL: Another returning favorite to the conference! John, with his
more than 30 years of experiences with the paranormal returns again with
another interactive session and what he likes to call a sequel to his
"Strange Stuff".... John again thrills and enthralls the audience with
his own personal encounters and insights into the paranormal. He also
hosts and introduces stories, footage and photos from the attendees and
lets them share their own investigations and encounters with ghost
enthusiasts from around the country! This will be our Friday night
session and if you want to participate, be sure to mark the box on the
registration form... attendees are asked to have any photos that they
intend to share turned into slides in advance of the conference! You
don't want to miss this popular session!

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002 from 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.

The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference, lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted
site to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced
at a later date. For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610
or to make your reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

Join Dave and Sharon in May, 2002 at our fifth annual Gettysburg Ghost
Conference. Our theme is Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP. The
Conference will focus around EVP and the software for evaluating the
voices. Tips and secrets shared. We will demonstrate how clear EVP
voices are as compared to the digital static many confuse with EVP. We
will also be providing a special EVP CD for everyone attending the
Conference, filled with real voices of the dead from our own private
collection. The CD will only be available for those who pre-register for
the Conference.
We do not use mediums, psychics or Ouija boards to claim
communications with the dead because psychic claims cannot be verified.
It may be valid or it may be emotional static. Instead, we focus on the
scientific approach to ghost hunting that can be accomplished by
everyone.
This will be one of the most exciting and most haunted events that you
will ever attend. The friendships developed may well last a life time.
Come and experience the Ghosts of Gettysburg with Dave and Sharon.
Special Holiday Inn room discounts for members attending the Conference.
Experience the scientific approach to ghost hunting.
We are set up for PayPal orders by going to the Gettysburg web page
at: "http://www.ghostweb.com/2002conf.html".
Also the Online Order Form can be found at
"http://www.ghostweb.com/orderform.html". Be sure to send us the names
of those attending for the name badges.

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

12/25/01 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Replay of Graham Hancock on 06/18/96 & 07/11/96

12/26/01 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Sean David Morton
Morton has developed a network of psychics called "The Delphi
Associates", who specialize in month to month predictions of geological,
political and economic events.
Website: "http://www.delphiassociates.org"

12/27/01 - Thu/Fri
OPEN LINES

12/28/01 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

12/31/01 - Mon/Tue
Art Bell "Live" with annual prediction broadcast.

01/01/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Replay of Kenny Young on 02/26/99
The Whole Trumbull County UFO Story
Related Page: "sound.html"
Website: "http://home.fuse.net/ufo/"

***
UPN

Tue - 25th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
TNT

Tue - 18th at 10pm - Charmed

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming )

Tue - 25th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Wed - 26th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Thu - 27th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Fri -28th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Sat - 29th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter
Sun - 30th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Mon - 24th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Fri - 28th at 9pm - Movie: House of Frankenstein 1997
Sat - 29th at 9m - Movie: House of Frankenstein 1997
Mon - 31st at 8pm - Twilight Zone: Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up
Mon - 31st at 8:30pm - Twilight Zone: To Serve Man
Mon - 31st at 9pm - Twilight Zone: The Dummy
Mon - 31st at 9:30pm - Twilight Zone: The Eye of the Beholder
Mon - 31st at 10pm - Twilight Zone: The Howling Man

***
PAX

Tue - 25th at 9pm - Mysterious Ways: Spike
Fri - 28th at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained
Sun - 30th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: Doctor in the House

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 28th at 8pm - Truth or Scare; America’s Haunted Houses
Sat - 29th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: America’s Haunted Houses
Sun - 30th at 9:30pm - Truth or Scare: America’s Haunted Houses

***
FOX:

Sun - 30th at 9pm - X Files: Via Negativa

***
E!

Mon - 31st at 9pm - Rank: 13 Scariest Movies

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Broadcast the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm