Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Dec 30, 2001 09:18 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
01/01/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

The staff of the newsletter would like to take this time to wish you
and yours HAPPY NEW YEARS!

***
I’m sure most of our readers have visited The Haunted Places web site
at: http://www.haunted-places.com/ . This site is one of the oldest
ghost related sites on the web and was started (as was this newsletter)
by Dennis William Hauck.
Due to the time restraints of upcoming projects, Dennis has asked me
to take over as webmaster for the site. I wish to thank Dennis for
offering me this position and only hope that I can do as fine a job as
he has done.
I’ll be taking over as webmaster in January and will still continue on
as editor of the newsletter. If you have not yet visit the site I
encourage you to visit it. For those of you that have, be sure to visit
it again for all the latest updates.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

POLTERGEISTS: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
Pat Fitzhugh, Author/Researcher
Website: "http://www.bellwitch.org"

The term poltergeist is derived from the German words, "polter" and
"geist," which translate to "noisy ghost." Perhaps the best way to
describe poltergeists is that they are "things that go 'bump' in the
night (and day)."
Poltergeists cause physical disturbances such as rapping on walls,
making things such as books and china fall from shelves, moving
inanimate objects across a table or room, and, in extreme cases, flying
objects actually hitting people.
Despite their propensity for noisy "physical" disturbances,
poltergeists have also been known to whisper--albeit rare. Such
whispers, which are not usually discernible, lends credence to the
theory that -some- poltergeists actually possess intelligence.
A popular misconception in this area of the supernatural, especially
among laypersons, is that poltergeists and ghosts are one in the same.
Theirdistinguishing characteristics strongly outweigh the few
similarities, and as such, suggest that ghosts and poltergeists are two
separate entities.
Poltergeist activity is known as a "disturbance," whereas ghost
activity (fog, mist, smells, transparent figures, etc.) is known as a
"haunting." The reasoning behind this distinction is that poltergeists
are heard but not seen, whereas ghosts are seen and sometimes felt, but
rarely heard. Another important element of distinction is "residuality."
Most hauntings (ghost activity) are confined to a single location and
manifest the same image, smell, etc.--over and over. This is known as a
"residual" haunting, and is by far the most common type of ghost
activity. Poltergeists, in contrast, can be evoked (brought into
existence) at any time in any area because they are associated with
people and animals; whereas ghosts are most often associated with
specific places.
Fewer than one thousand poltergeist cases have been documented over
the years, and in many cases the poltergeist was evoked by psychokinetic
energy stored in the subconscious mind of a prepubescent or
teenager--often the a result of physical or emotional trauma. The
underlying process is called recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis (RSPK).
RSPK is a product of the subconscious mind, and as such, spontaneously
reoccurs without the person knowing that their subconscious is the
source of the poltergeist. It should be noted, however, that
poltergeists may also be evoked by means other than RSPK.
When performing the preliminary steps of an investigation, don't
automatically assume that a ghost is responsible for the paranormal
activity (which is a very common and "amateur" mistake). Ask questions,
consider the differences between ghosts and poltergeists, and most
importantly, keep an open mind. Ghost or poltergeist? You be the judge.

__________

IN THE NEWS
___________

From the Orange County Register ( http://www.ocregister.com/ ):

Don't Count on Dead Men Talking
Those who purport to communicate with the deceased cross an ethical
line.

November 16, 2001

By BILL HENDRICK
Cox News Service

From John Edward of "Crossing Over" fame to medium mogul James Van
Praagh, our preoccupation with those who say they talk to the dead is
soaring toward the heavens.
The trend is bringing fame and fortune to a host of netherworldly
gurus, especially Edward and Van Praagh, who are making killings
allegedly hooking up the dead with the living. But scientists such as
those at the Amherst, N.Y.-based Committee for the Study of Claims of
the Paranormal say the only line Van Praagh and Edward cross over
routinely is an ethical one.
Last month Edward drew ire after announcing plans to reunite those who
perished in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with their loved ones for his
popular Sci-Fi Channel show, to be aired during next month's fiercely
competitive TV-sweeps period. But the idea flickered out after a barrage
of complaints from TV executives, advertisers, scientists and
psychologists, who expressed horror at what they saw as exploitation.
"He's a vulture," declares James Randi, a prolific author and
well-known debunker of the allegedly paranormal, who heads the James
Randi Educational Foundation in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
What's not surprising, Randi adds, is that the executives responsible
for Edward's popular TV show liked the idea, "Because they know most
people believe it's possible for the dead to communicate with the
living." That includes Halloween, when ancient lore says the souls of
the dead revisit their homes.
Edward has scoffed at such criticisms as Randi's. "If you want to say
I'm a fake, great, I'm not going to defend it," he told Entertainment
Weekly recently. "It's a waste of time." Neither he nor Van Praagh
returned calls or e-mails for this story.
But millions of Americans believe nonetheless, which is why Edward's
daily TV show is wildly popular, and his books, like those penned by Van
Praagh, have been on best-seller lists for years. It's also why Van
Praagh has inked a deal for his own spooky TV special on NBC, set for
November.
Also, ABC plans to air an hour-long special called "Contact" with
psychic and best-selling author George Anderson next month, while CBS is
working on a four-hour miniseries in which Van Praagh will be played by
actor Ted Danson.
A recent Gallup poll show that 38 percent of Americans believe ghosts
or spirits can come back in certain situations - up from 25 percent in
1990 - while 28 percent buy the notion that some people can hear from or
talk "mentally" to the dead, compared with 18 percent 11 years ago.
Gary Laderman, a religion professor at Atlanta's Emory University,
says millions believe such things because "it's been a common feature of
many cultures throughout time. People who are religious believe it's
possible. It's not charlatanism. I take it seriously without necessarily
believing it."
But for the most part, scholars who believe are lambasted by their
colleagues. University of Arizona scientists Gary Schwartz and Linda
Russek published a study this year in a British journal asserting they'd
proved that some mediums can talk to the dead. They tested five
"superstar mediums" who they said had an 83 percent success rate. The
study was savaged in last week's edition of Skeptical Inquirer,
published by the Committee for the Study of Claims of the Paranormal.
"Psychics appeal to people's strong need for a belief in an
afterlife," says Dr. Stuart Vyse, a Connecticut College psychologist who
specializes in human beliefs and is author of "Believing in Magic: The
Psychology of Superstition." "They want so badly for what the psychic is
offering - a warm resolution to unresolved problems and a pleasant
fantasy about the loved one's happy life on 'the other side' - to be
true that they overlook the many inconsistencies in psychic readings."
Mediums appear on reputable shows ranging from "20/20" to "Dateline."
Such exposure tends to promote belief, says Michael Shermer, a noted
scientist who heads the California-based Skeptics Society. "It feeds on
itself," Shermer says. "The good ones are good at putting on a show.
It's really pretty tacky, but people by nature are superstitious, and
many need to believe." And when they see these shows, "They become
convinced," he adds. " 'If it's on TV, it must be true.' "
Most mediums refuse to explain how they do what they do. Some
scientists say there's a reason they won't - because it's nothing more
than trickery that falls back on a technique called "cold reading" that
famed magician Harry Houdini pooh-poohed decades ago.
In a cold reading, mediums greet their subjects with no advance
knowledge, then glean information through a series of rapid questions.
The psychics get clues by observing body language, which provides hints
when they're close to a thought the listener wants to hear, Vyse says.
They know, for example, that people who seek them out want to contact a
dead loved one.

___________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
From Wendy at: AnglD-@aol.com

Wondering if there are any ghost hunting groups in the Orlando, Florida
area?

***
From Jennifer at: JApple-@aol.com

I am interested in joining a paranormal group to help with
investigations in my area. Do you know of anyone I may be able to
contact?

***
From: SharR-@aol.com

I am from Illinois. I have heard of an old assylum in the Fox Lake
area, that has been closed down for several years and is a very haunted
place. Does anyone know where it is?

***
From: bbbl-@iowatelecom.net

I live in Iowa. I live in a haunted home. I would love to hear about
other stories from Iowa or any information about why this maybe
happening.

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able to provide valuable information,
contacts and actual stories.
   If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your
community, I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at
"mez-@telus.net" . I am interested in reference material of any kind:
already published works, contact information for individuals who have
had first-hand paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I
guarantee anonymity to any persons who would rather not have their names
mentioned in the upcoming volume.
I realize that we're getting into a busy holiday season, but if you
could find a few minutes to send on any information that you think would
help to make this a top quality collection of stories, I would very much
appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Norma at: Pavelg-@hotmail.com

I had moved in the house that I live in right now in 1998. The house
is about eighty years old. One night I was sitting in my chair in the
living room that faced the door way to the dining room. I sometimes
would see a figure walk by the from the dining room to the stairs that
led down to the out side.
The house is a tri-plex and one of the doors a the bottom of the
stairs lead to an apartment on the main floor. The person in that
apartment also saw the ghost and was scared. She shared the story with
me the next day and the ironic thing was that it all fit into the same
time that I had seen it.
This had went on for a little while and then it started to get more
closer to me as time went on. The next thing you know, I was able to
feel a person sit beside me. There was no one in the house with me at
the time of these incidents. When I would have anyone come over, they
also would feel an unknown presents in the house.
It started to feel more and more as though I was not wanted in the
house because of the violence that were put upon me. Some nights, after
waking up from a dream that I was being held down fighting with someone,
I would find bruises on my neck, arms, and legs. I never could see the
face of the person that attacked me. They were always in black
clothing.
Some mornings I would wake up and set on the side of my bed talking to
three older men in one corner of my room or on the other side of my bed
talking with two middle aged man in the other corner. They were always
in black as well. I never had a good feeling from these men.
One of the ghost, I felt, had lived in this house before me and may
have died in this house from an overdose. When I first moved into the
house I had the feeling that someone must of died a horrible death.
Considering the history of this house that would be a good assumption to
go on.
One time, after a hard day, I was taking a bath and was laying there,
with my eyes closed enjoying it. All of a sudden, I could feel a hand on
my hand and it scared me because I was the only one in the house, and
the door was locked. I opened my eyes to no one being there but could
still feel someone holding my hand and rubbing it very gently. It had
the feel of someone who was scared and you could see the imprint of
another hand on mine.
I talked to this unseen presence, asking it to help me see how it was
feeling so I could help. I closed my eyes and a strange thing happened;
I was able to visualize this person and I thanked him for this. Now I
would not be scared. I was not able to talk to this gentlemen, I was
able to feel what he was looking for. It was his belongings he was
seeking. I did not know where they were.
One night, soon after, my girlfriend and I had this feeling of wanting
to clean up. We thought a good place would to start with would be the
bake closet, that was like a hide-away, in the back of our living room.
While cleaning we came upon a box that was covered with cobwebs and
dust, like anything that would have if it has been there for a long
time.
In this box were some letters, written in French, that were dated back
to the late seventies and pictures. My girlfriend read the letters,
because I can't read French, while I looked at the pictures. As I was
looking through the pictures I came upon one that was like a family
photo of people that I have never seen before. I suddenly became very
scared. I told my girlfriend that one of the guys in the photo was the
spirit that is in the house. My girlfriend than read the letters out
loud. They told how this person was separated from his family and that
he had passed away with out being able to take care of his belongings
first. So we, as people familiar with the routing , held a little
ceremony for this young man and burnt all his belonging so he could find
a peace of mind and go to were his people are waiting for him.

***
From: VHard-@msn.com

My father died may 4th of 1997. Two days after his death, the family
was sitting around the dinning room table just talking when all of the
sudden the front door opened. We were waiting for someone to come in but
nobody was there. And than the door shut.
A year later my mom and I moved. My brother and his wife lives there
now and my dad will wake my brother up in the middle of the night.
Sometimes my brother will come home and all the water faucets will be
on. Till this day my dad haunts the house on Ogden.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

The SPIRITS ( website: http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html
) will be doing a seminar via Baywinds on Jan. 16th. Also, on Jan. 19th
they are presenting a segment on ghost photography. to the local chapter
of MUFON.

***
Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky.
Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President, Ghost Chasers
International.
Website: "http://www.ghostchasersinternational.com"
Email: holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:

First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3

All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):

First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17

These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.

On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,
Lexington, Kentucky 40503

If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can email me at
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghosthunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghosthunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
haunted sites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

We’re pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion. It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of
Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion Saturday (Nov. 10th) evening. We
came away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of
the investigation, with the Centers Director, the window's began to
rattle in front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess
so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

We have added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone
interested, we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members
Restaurant beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm. Everyone will
meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron Kettle
restaurant. This place is very active and you will be able to take
photos and walk around. A hotbed of activity!
This is a bar and restaurant (the cost is separate from the conference
fee). This is just a informal get together, so we can all get in the
“mood” and meet new friends or to just settle down after your travels
and have a good time with like minded people. We will be meeting for
cocktails at 7 (very informal) and then will have a sit down dinner. The
cost of dinner is $22.00 per person. includes tax and tip. Payments may
be made to Kelly Weaver. To reserve your space, I will need your payment
by CHECK (no master card or visa for this one) by March 1, 2002. (you
will have 3 choices for dinner, Haddock, Chicken Parm, or Strip Steak,
potato, salad, dessert and a banquet beverage. Alcohol is not included
in the cost. Very, very good food here! And the spirits aren't bad
either!!!!!!!!! I have a sign up sheet. This room holds only 55 people,
so this on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in the
Welcome dinner, please give me your name/address/phone. Your spot will
be secured.
We are also including a map of other local haunts of interest for those
who may want to venture out on your own on Friday. We will have the
workers/owners of the Iron Kettle telling their ghostly tales that
Friday evening.

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The GhostHunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and even how best to investigate your local
cemetery. Troy will present first-hand accounts of his experiences in
haunted cemeteries and some of the most famous graveyards in America!
Hear the legends and real-life accounts behind Bachelor's Grove,
Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have found that what
dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to help me rid the
house of the entities. Join me in the house after the first exorcism,
when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of The
Haunted Places Report (http://www.haunted-places.com/ ) and an Rep for
Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations:
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference:
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.

From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.

From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th 2002 in beautiful sunny Yuma Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of Mesa
AZ. Proudly present the 1st annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.

Tenintive Itinerary (To be finalized February 2002):

Friday evening April 12th, 2002:
There will be a special event scheduled for early arrivals.

Saturday April 13th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Digital Ghost Photography Workshop- Learn the
individualized techniques used by the Yuma Spirit Hunters for capturing
and analyzing digital photographs - Presented by Richard Burns Technical
Director of Yuma Spirit Hunters.
To be held at the Oak Tree Inn (coffee and doughnuts will be served at
this event)

12:00pm to 3:00pm-- Family Picnic and BBQ held at the Historic Yuma
Territorial Prison Park. (Menu will be announced February of 2002)
During this time you will be free to tour the Historic Yuma Territorial
Prison, meet others from your field of expertise and compare techniques.
Host staff will be available to answer questions.

5:00pm-- Full Course Dinner- This dinner will be held at one of Yuma’s
many haunted historic sites. (Menu choices will be announced February of
2002) Hosts will again be available during the dinner for a question and
answer session.

6:30pm- Guest Speaker- Kriss Stephens Paranormal Consultant with the MTV
show FEAR she is also paranormal investigator for the New Orleans
Haunted History Tours. As well as doing investigations on her own. She
will be joined by one of the participants of the show that will speak
about the true paranormal phenomena that took place on the USS Hornet.

After the guest speakers we will adjourn to Haunted Historic Old Town
Yuma for a Haunted Historic Tour and or a ghost hunt at your choice of
Several of Yuma’s Haunted Historic Locations (to be announced February
2002)

Sunday April 14th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Farewell Gathering -- Guest speaker to be announced
February 2002. (Coffee, Juice and doughnuts to be served during the
event.

HOW TO REGISTER:

Conference cost is $60.00 per person this cost includes all events
listed above. Your Hotel Rooms are separate and you are responsible for
making your reservations. Save 10% by registering the full amount early
using Pay Pal. To qualify for this discount full payment must be
received by March 15th 2002.

Easy Pay Option- you can purchase your registration in 2 easy payments
of $30.00 (EASY PAY DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR THE 10% DISCOUNT). First $30.00
payment must be received by February 1st, 2002 and the 2nd $30.00
payment must be received by March 15th, 2002.

You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

NON ONLINE PAYMENT:
Checks and Money orders are accepted. Payments must be postmarked no
later than March 1, 2001

Send to:
Southwestern Paranormal Conference
12734 El Camino Del Diablo
Yuma Arizona, 85367
Please make checks or money orders pay able to: Yuma Spirit Hunters

Yuma AZ area Residents call (928) 520-4207 or (928)342-2955 for more
information or email spirith-@aol.com

Phoenix area Residents call (480) 969-4069 or (602) 292-6796 for more
information or email Naza-@aol.com

Local Hotels and Rates (subject to change):
Yuma Cabana (www.yumacabana.com )
2151 4th Ave.
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-783-8311 Fax- 928-783-1126 Reservation Line 1-800-874-0811
Standard rooms $29.99 1 person - $37.99 2 people Queen - $47.99 2P
Double Deluxe

Yuma’s Haunted Historic Hotel Lee
390 South Main Street
Yuma Arizona, 85364
Telephone 928-783-6336 Fax 928-783-0540
$40.00 2 person European Style Hotel
(Room’s Are Limited At Yuma’s Oldest Working Hotel Reserve Yours Early)

Holiday Inn Express of Yuma ( www.azohwy.com/h/holnexyu.htm )
3181 Fourth Ave
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-344-1420 Fax 928-341-0158 Reservation Line 1-877-800-6689
$55.00 up to 4 persons call to specify room type

BE SURE TO MENTION TO THE HOTELS THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE GHOST HUNTER
CONFERENCE

***
AMERICAN GHOST SOCIETY 2002 HAUNTED AMERICA NATIONAL CONFERENCE
JUNE 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available and linked from our home page at
<http://www.prairieghosts.com>
Below, you'll find information about the 2002 AGS National Conference
but more detailed information is available and linked from our home page
at <http://www.prairieghosts.com> Check it out and get ready for another
wonderful event! Thanks to the speed at which last year's tickets
vanished, for both the general conference sessions and the "after hours"
events, we suggest that you register early! Tickets go on sale February
4!
This year is going to be a very special conference for reasons that
you may have already heard.. BUT despite what some lovely person has
been spreading around, we will NOT be canceling the conference if Amy
goes into labor before (or even during!) the conference. We have
prepared for that and who knows.. you may get to see the newest member
of the American Ghost Society in person!!

The 2002 American Ghost Society National "Haunted America" Conference
will be held in Alton, Illinois on the weekend from June 20-23, 2002.
This wonderful annual event is the "original ghost conference" and while
it's often imitated, it's never equaled! This year's conference will
feature nationally known speakers and authors on ghosts and the
supernatural. Presented will be workshops and seminars on ghosts and
ghost hunting; information on spirit photography and conducting
investigations; discussions and question & answer periods; haunted
locations and the unexplained; first-hand reports of ghosts and
specters... and much more!
This our Sixth Annual Conference and as with each year, will give
attendees the chance to gather information about ghosts, hauntings and
the unexplained that you won't hear anywhere else; meet other ghost
enthusiasts from around the country; network and compare notes with
other investigators; and visit Alton, Illinois, "one of the most haunted
small towns in America". Don't miss this event!

REGISTRATION PRICES FOR FRIDAY - SUNDAY:
$60 PER PERSON.... REGISTRATION BEGINS FEBRUARY 4

SPEAKERS FOR THE 2002 CONFERENCE:

TROY TAYLOR: Troy is the president and founder of the American Ghost
Society and will be hosting this year's conference. He is the author of
nearly two dozen books on ghosts and hauntings, including "Haunted
Illinois", "Haunted St. Louis" and the "Ghost Hunter's Guidebook. He has
been actively involved with paranormal research and writing for more
than 10 years. He is also the author of the book "Haunted Alton" and the
host of the History & Hauntings Ghost Tours, based on his book. At this
year's event, Troy will be presenting "Confessions of a Ghost Hunter"..
about his own adventures, and misadventures, with ghost research. The
session will focus on his own unexplainable experiences and sightings as
well as things that can go wrong during an investigation like natural
phenomena, unbalanced witnesses, and much more! Sure to be both
enlightening and entertaining!
Troy will also be hosting three separate "History & Hauntings Tours"
during the conference on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday for
the Deluxe Dinner Tour of the city. These tours are additional, after
hours events for the conference and tickets are sold on a first come /
first served basis for the additional activities!

DALE KACZMAREK: Dale is the president of the Ghost Research Society and
is a returning favorite to the annual conference. He is the author of
the best-selling "Windy City Ghosts" and its sequel and has other
projects in the works on ghost phenomena. He has been involved in ghost
research for more than 25 years and is the host of the "Excursions into
the Unknown" ghost tours of Chicago. At this year's event, Dale will be
hosting a presentation on "More Windy City Ghosts", a further look at
the most haunted (and often little known) sites in the Chicagoland
region. The session will include his own experiences, encounters and
investigations in the field.
Dale will also be hosting a special after hours event on Friday Night!
This year's session will involve the in's, out's and how to's of Spirit
Photography. The after hours event will include photos, slides and video
about ghost photos as well as advice on cameras, film and the best
resources for paranormal photography. This is a hands-on and interactive
session, designed for questions and answers! Tickets for this session
are additional and it is an after hours event for which tickets are sold
on a first come / first served basis!

JANICE OBERDING: Janice is a long-time member and Area Representative
for the American Ghost Society and the author of the book "Haunted
Nevada". She specializes in writing about ghosts, true crime and the
unexplained and also lectures on ghost hunting and writing at a local
community college in Nevada. At this year's event, Janice will be
presenting a session on "Haunted Nevada"... focusing on the silver
state's most haunted buildings and the stories that surround them. The
slide presentation will include the Governor's Mansion, The Fourth Ward
School, Piper's Opera House, Goldfield Hotel, Boulder Dam Hotel and also
a few of the state's more famous ghostly figures like Elvis, Liberace,
Red Foxx and Bugsy Siegel!

PATTI STARR: Patti is the president of Ghost Chasers International and
has many years of experience with ghost research and hauntings. She
teaches a course on ghost hunting at the Lexington (Kentucky) Community
College and is the creator of a video on Ghost Hunting and Dowsing. She
has also been involved with a number of television programs and
documentaries on ghosts and investigating the supernatural. At this
year's event, Patti will be speaking about "How to Dowse for Ghosts"...
a how-to session on how to use dowsing rods to look for ghosts and how
best to use them when trying to record EVP (electronic voice phenomena).
The presentation will also include recordings and photos that were
obtained during dowsing sessions.

DAVE GOODWIN: Dave is a long-time member and area rep for both the
American Ghost Society and the Ghost Research Society and is the author
of the book "Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks". Dave is also a police
officer, security officer for Washington University in St. Louis and a
Captain in the Missouri National Guard. Thanks to his military and law
enforcement contacts, he often has access to stories that you won't hear
anywhere else! He puts this to good use for this year's event. His
session will be called "The Enigma of Haunted Military Posts".... and
will include ghost stories, accounts and first-hand encounters from
historic military posts all over America. The presentation will include
many stories that have never been heard before!

JOHN BRILL: Another returning favorite to the conference! John, with his
more than 30 years of experiences with the paranormal returns again with
another interactive session and what he likes to call a sequel to his
"Strange Stuff".... John again thrills and enthralls the audience with
his own personal encounters and insights into the paranormal. He also
hosts and introduces stories, footage and photos from the attendees and
lets them share their own investigations and encounters with ghost
enthusiasts from around the country! This will be our Friday night
session and if you want to participate, be sure to mark the box on the
registration form... attendees are asked to have any photos that they
intend to share turned into slides in advance of the conference! You
don't want to miss this popular session!

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002 from 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.

The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference, lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted
site to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced
at a later date. For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610
or to make your reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

Join Dave and Sharon in May, 2002 at our fifth annual Gettysburg Ghost
Conference. Our theme is Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP. The
Conference will focus around EVP and the software for evaluating the
voices. Tips and secrets shared. We will demonstrate how clear EVP
voices are as compared to the digital static many confuse with EVP. We
will also be providing a special EVP CD for everyone attending the
Conference, filled with real voices of the dead from our own private
collection. The CD will only be available for those who pre-register for
the Conference.
We do not use mediums, psychics or Ouija boards to claim
communications with the dead because psychic claims cannot be verified.
It may be valid or it may be emotional static. Instead, we focus on the
scientific approach to ghost hunting that can be accomplished by
everyone.
This will be one of the most exciting and most haunted events that you
will ever attend. The friendships developed may well last a life time.
Come and experience the Ghosts of Gettysburg with Dave and Sharon.
Special Holiday Inn room discounts for members attending the Conference.
Experience the scientific approach to ghost hunting.
We are set up for PayPal orders by going to the Gettysburg web page
at: "http://www.ghostweb.com/2002conf.html".
Also the Online Order Form can be found at
"http://www.ghostweb.com/orderform.html". Be sure to send us the names
of those attending for the name badges.

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

12/30/01 -Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Sidney D. Kirkpatrick
Award winning documentary film maker and best-selling author, Sidney
D. Kirkpatrick is a graduate of Kent School, in Kent, Connecticut,
Hampshire College, in Amherst, Massachusetts, and N.Y.U. Film School.
Kirkpatrick's current book, Edgar Cayce, An American Prophet, is the
definitive biography of Edgar Cayce, who is best known as "the sleeping
prophet." During Cayce's forty-year career as a psychic he advised
housewives, corporate executives and hundreds of others-among them
Thomas Edison, Harry Houdini, George Gershwin, and Woodrow Wilson. The
ground-breaking insights Cayce provided on natural medicines,
reincarnation, prophecies, dreams, and the healing power of the human
body has spawned entire industries, and became an inspiration to such
people as Albert Einstein, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, and John
Lennon.
Website: "http://www.edgarcaycebooks.com"

12/31/01 - Mon/Tue
Art Bell "Live" with annual prediction broadcast.

01/01/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Replay of Kenny Young on 02/26/99
The Whole Trumbull County UFO Story
Website: "http://home.fuse.net/ufo/"

01/02/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Stan Romaneck
Guest: Neil Slade
Stan has some amazing UFO footage to be discussed, see links below.
Neil teaches people how to easily release their brain's pre-existing
neurocircuits for high increases in creativity, intelligence, pleasure,
as well as numerous paranormal abilities. Previously at the Dormant
Brain Research and Development Laboratory he is also is well known for
his Brain Music which has appeared nationally and on PBS television.
A musical composer, seasoned concert performer, author, and artist.
Slade was assistant to Brain and Behavior Researcher T.D.A. Lingo, PhB,
B.Sci. M.A., for 11 years at Colorado's Dormant Brain Research and
Development Laboratory.
Website: "http://www.NeilSlade.com/UFOs.html"
Video: "ramgen.php?clip=stanUFO1.rm"
Video: "ramgen.php?clip=stanUFO2C.rm"

01/03/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Ronald Munson
Professor of Philosophy of Science and Medicine, University of
Missouri-St. Louis, will explore the ethics of human cloning. He is the
author of Intervention and Reflection, the most widely used medical
ethics textbook in the US, and of three novels.

01/04/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
FOX:

Sun - 6th at 9pm: X Files
Sun - 6th at 11pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
UPN

Tue - 1st at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
TNT:

Tue - 1st at 10pm - Charmed
Sun - 6th at 8pm - Movie: The Mummy

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Tue - 1st at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Wed - 2nd at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Thu - 3rd at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Fri - 4th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Sat - 5th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter
Sun - 6th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Mon - 7th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Fri - 4th at 9pm - The Chronicle: Touched by an Alien
Fri - 4th at 10: Outer Limits

***
ENCORE:

Fri - 4th at 8pm - Movie: The Frighteners

***
CINMAX:

Fri - 4th at 8pm - Movie: Ghostbusters

***
PAX

Tue - 1st at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: condemned
Fri - 4th at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained
Sat - 5th at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: The Big Picture

***
DISCOVERY:

Thu - 3rd at 9pm - Real Ghosthunters

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 4th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Fri - 4th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters
Sat - 5th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sat - 5th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Sun - 6th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sun - 6th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters

***
HISTORY CHANNEL:

Tue - 1st at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Prophecies
Wed - 2nd at 9pm - UFOs vs. the Government
Thu - 3rd at 9pm - UFOs: Testing the Evidence
Fri - 4th at 11pm - Histories Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials
Sat - 5th at 11pm - Haunted History: Haunted Rockies

***
THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:

Mon - 7th at 8pm - Haunted Hotels
Mon - 7th at 9pm - Haunted Hotels
Mon - 7th at 10pm - Haunted Hotels
Mon - 7th at 11pm - Haunted Hotels

***
THE MOVIE CHANNEL:

Sat - 5th at 7pm - Movie: Sleepy Hollow

***
AMC:

Sat - 5th at 10pm - Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Broadcast the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm