Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jan 13, 2002 11:45 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
01/15/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

I received many positive responses from the email we reprinted last
week concerning the trespassing and vandalizing of haunted sites. I’m
glad so many of you agree that something needs to be done about this
problem. Weekly, I receive email from people asking for the directions
to haunted sites.
My reply to each of these is the same; due to the number of people who
trespass and vandalize, I no longer give out directions. Past experience
has told me that most of these people are just thrill seekers looking
for a new place to party. The only time I will give out directions are
to those I have worked with in the past or personally know to be serious
investigators.
My advice to those of you who are new to ghost hunting and looking for
haunted places; join an existing group in your area. If there are no
groups in your area, than start doing your own research. Research is a
very important part on investigating the paranormal, so you might as
well learn from the start how to do it. There are vast numbers of
internet sites and books that will get you started. I don’t want this to
sound like an advertisement but two books that I highly recommend for
beginning ( and seasoned ) ghost hunters are:

HAUNTED PLACES: THE NATIONAL DIRECTORY
Written by our founder, noted paranormal researcher and author Dennis
William Hauck. Dennis as written several books on haunted sites around
the world and regularly updates them. These books can be found at your
local bookstore or ordered directly from the Haunted-Places.com website:
http://www.haunted-places.com/index.html . The Haunted-Places website
also contains loads of information about ghosts as well as links to
many ghost related website and groups.

THE GHOST HUNTERS GUIDEBOOK
Written by another noted paranormal researcher and author, Troy
Taylor. This book is what many consider one of the best books available
dealing with the topic of ghost hunting. I have seen courses advertised
on the internet for over $100 that do not cover the subject as well as
this book. You can purchases this book or one of the many other ghost
related books Troy has written thru Amazon. com or by visiting his very
informative website at: http://www.prairieghosts.com/

***
One of the most controversial pieces of equipment to hit the ghost
hunting world is the digital camera. There seems to be no middle ground,
most ghost hunters are for them or against them.
If you are planning on purchasing one or upgrading to a newer model, I
recommend you visit this site, http://www.dcviews.com/ , for the low
down on what is being offered. It is a great place to compare all the
different models and types. This site even offers advice from
consumers, tips on digital cameras, the latest news, and information on
available accessories. Truly a “one stop shop” for information on
digital cameras.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Troy Taylor:

MYSTERIOUS LINK!
According to many of our readers, we are experiencing a "mysterious
link" in the newsletter that is working for some people and not working
for others! The link is the on-line sign-up form for the annual DEAD OF
WINTER event on February 23! If you would like to sign up on-line and
can't get your
link to work, we ask that you simply go to the home page of the website
and follow the link to the event from there. That seems to be working
fine for everyone!
We know this is not as convenient and may take an extra few minutes,
but the time that you take may mean the difference as to whether or not
you get to attend! The 50 limited seats were already one-third filled
after the first day of opening... so get signed up now!
The link to the home page is (of course) "http://www.prairieghosts.com"
.

***
From Gannon Beebe, President and Founder of Upstate Paranormal
Research. Email: era-@hotmail.com

I know of a number of places in upstate NY that are currently active:

Forest Park / Pinewoods Cemetery, Troy NY:
Built in 1887 and has been closed for over 50 years with no new
burials in over 55 years. A psychic said that the cemetery is built over
an Indian burial ground. The ghosts of at least three people roam the
grounds, a ghost dog has also been said to roam the grounds.
Disembodied foot steps behind wanders have been reported and
disembodied cries and moans have been said to be heard. I personal have
heard the cries of children in pain, photographed numerous orbs and
ecto. I’ve heard disembodied voices whispering in to my ear telling me
to leave. People have said to see the beheaded statues have bled from
the neck. Numerous pictures and reports have been printed in the local
papers.

The Troy Country Club Bridge, Troy NY:
   In the late 70's a women, who was a waitress at the club house, was
said to be driving to work and lost control of her car while crossing
the bridge and plummeted into the cold waters below. There are numerous
reports of people letting a old style car pass them on the one lined
bridge and when they check the rear view mirror, the car is nowhere to
be found. There also reports of foot prints in the snow that start from
the edge of the creek headed toward the road and mystically end on the
side of the road in the area where her bleeding and broken body was said
to be found frozen stiff. Disembodied screams from a women, below the
bridge, have be heard by joggers who run the back roads of the country
club around dusk.

The Fine Arts Building of the Junior College of Albany at Russell Sage,
Albany NY:
Formally a part of Parsons Children's Sanitarium and the scene of a
gruesome fire that killed many children. Disembodied laughter and foot
prints have been reported. Also the sounds of children playing have been
heard. I have investigated and found drastic temp changes in certain
spots and have numerous photographs of very bright orbs, ecto, and eyes
without faces.

Sage Hall at Russell Sage College, Troy NY:
On the fifth floor of this dorm a young women is said to be haunting
the halls. She was said to have hung herself in what is than an unused
room. Reports of disembodied footsteps, sightings of a girl that
suddenly vanishes and elevators that go up and down with no riders have
been reported to Public Safety .
This is where I just happen to work and have yet had the chance to
investigate do to privacy laws. I am in the process of getting
clearance.

Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands NY:
An old cemetery in Menands that is still in operation. Black shadows
and numerous orbs have been photographed here late at night. There have
also been sightings of what is said to be a married couple floating
though the cemetery. It is reported they were murdered there during a
walk.

***
We still have some great give-aways for the movie, “The Mothman
Prophecies” (website: www.themothmanlives.com ). So, we are once again
running the list of questions we asked last week. The answers can be
found at the movie site or links provided on that site.
Just be one of the first to email us with the answer to any of these
questions and we’ll send you out some free stuff!

1. When will the movie be released in theaters?
2. Who is the male lead in the movie?
3. Who is the female lead in the movie?
4. Where was the first Mothman sighting?
5. How long did the Mothman terrify this town?
6. When was the first Mothman sighting thought to be?
7. When was the first sighting in this town?
8. What type of complex was he seen in?
9. Where else have Mothmen been sighted?
10. You is a well known Mothman author?
11. What does the Mothman look like?
12. What studio is releasing the movie?

Remember you needed only be the first to answer just one of these
questions to win a prize!

***
From Tom at: Ramt-@aol.com

A select group of friends, who have been on numerous investigations
with me, are helping me start an organization in RI called "R.I.P."
(Rhode Island Paranormal).I know the name sounds amusing but, it is
fitting and we are serious. If your looking for more info on the group
or are interested in helping, e-mail me at ramt-@aol.com.
I liked your posting of trespassing. We always obtain permission if
the situation so requires. I hope those who read take heed in order to
keep the level of a real ghost hunter's work on a pro basis and not to
be taken as folly.

***
From L. J. at: Ssof-@aol.com ,

   L.J. received this from Loren Coleman, a well known researcher of the
Mothman:

The David Grabias-produced "Search for the Mothman" will air on the F/X
Channel in the U.S.A. on January 23, 2002, at 10 PM, and January 27 at
11:30 PM. If it achieves good ratings, it will be re-broadcast again
later. L. J. adds, Loren lives in Maine, so I think the times he
mentions are Eastern time.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

A Spirited Time
By Brandy Buchanan
The latter half of 2001 was rough for one member of the SPIRITS team,
who decided enough was enough. Packing up the car, her dog, her mother,
and her mother's dog, she opted to check out the sites, and the
spooks,located in Key West.
Of the group, one member believed in the supernatural, the other did
not.However, both agreed to spend their time in a bed and breakfast
establishment listed on the roster of haunted sites in Key West. The
place of choice was "The Red Rooster." Pet friendly, with kind and
caring staff, the site is located in walking distance to the downtown
shopping district.
Local lore, listed in Ghosts of Key West, by David L. Sloan, held that
the Red Rooster Inn was the site of a mysterious murder. Constructed in
1870, the building had a previous incarnation as the home of a cigar
baron's family. The Delgado's seemed happy enough, until Mr. Delgado
vanished one chilly October. His wife told curious friends and family he
had gone back to Cuba. He never returned.
Around the early 1900s, Mrs. Delgado became ill. On her deathbed she
made a most startling confession: She had killed her husband and buried
the body underneath the front porch of the house. Though the property
was searched and the porch pulled out, no body was ever uncovered.
Time progressed, and the old porch was replaced with a new set of
carved stone stairs and landing. The property evolved into a bed and
breakfast and was renamed its current nomenclature.
Years after the dying woman's announcement, guests staying at the Red
Rooster reported seeing the image of a man who manifested in their room.
Dressed in antiquated clothing, he appeared to be confused and did not
acknowledge the couple whom he startled so badly. As mysteriously as he
appeared, his image vanished into the night.
This was a most apropos place to stay for a St. Petersburg ghost
hunter and her family. After an eight hour long car ride, the women
checked in. The staff had been alerted ahead of time to reserve the most
haunted room for this unusual crew.
Overall, room 18 looked to be an unassuming location for any
supernatural activity. Located to the side of the establishment, it was
a comfortable area located near to the pool.
During the stay, very little paranormal activity was recorded after
the first night. Like any good supernatural enthusiast, the woman from
SPIRITS brought her ghost hunting kit. She scanned the room and made
note of unusual EMF (electromagnetic field) energy emanating from the
area of the dresser, TV, and bathroom. No appliances, outside the TV,
which was turned off, were located in that area. At one point, the EMF
field fluctuated, though the meter was placed in an unmoving
non-electronic location just outside the field's recorded range.
Her small, who dog sat watching her on the bed, started intently at
the area near the dresser and the darkened TV screen. An
apartment-dweller, this particular pet was familiar with the TV set, on
or off, and had often seen his reflection. He paid no heed to his
reflection at home so it seemed unlikely his fascination was held by his
reflected image on the TV screen. While intelligent, he is not an overly
curious dog and takes change well as long as he is in the presence of
his owner.
Secondary scans showed the EMF remained steady in that area of the
room. Jim, one of the two owners of the place, was unable to shed any
further light on the situation, as he was unfamiliar with the building's
wiring. However, no electric box was found around there.
That night, the woman reports two dreams about the hotel room. In one,
she dreamt that she was the next morning, and she was awake. She and her
mother sat in their room, organizing the day, when items began to
levitate and move around, particularly in the area of the bathroom and
dresser, eventually hurling themselves out of the bathroom. Awaking
briefly and noting the time to be 5 am, she fell back asleep. The second
dream related to the first. In it, a blouse, which had been hung in the
bathroom, began to move. Impressions, created by unseen hands, moved
about the blouse as it was examined. Yet, upon awakening she discovered
neither the blouse nor any unusual activity in the bathroom.
The TV screen also acted up in her presence. When she watched it, the
screen would warm, flicker, and flip. Yet, when she was not there her
mother was able to watch without any interruptions.
Digital photographs revealed nothing. Processed film showed two
possible orbs, though they could also be refracted light in the camera
lens. Further analysis is needed to test the pictures.
That first night could some form of spectral being come to check out
the temporary inhabitants of room 18? Perhaps further research, and
another trip to the Keys, will be needed to find out.

[For others interested in supernatural activities located in Key West,
check "http://www.hauntedtours.com". Nightly ghost tours are available
to interested patrons. Copies of David Sloan's book, Ghost of Key West,
are also available for purchase through the web site.]

To check out other images from the Key West trip, log on to the SPIRITS
website at: "http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by: Linda at: jldav-@webtv.net

From the Ananova News Service
Story filed: 09:46 Wednesday 12th December 2001

Buffy Actor Says His House is Haunted

Buffy The Vampire Slayer star, Anthony Head claims his house is
haunted.
The actor says the spirit of a young girl haunts his 19th century house
in Bristol. But he says he's happy to carry on living there because the
ghost is so gentle.
Anthony, who plays Rupert Giles in the series, told Teletext: "The
house has the spirit of a young girl. We saw some photos taken in the
1900s and there she was. Two people have seen her and we've heard her.
"Several visitors have seen her and she is not frightening at all. It's
really quite lovely because she is gentle.
He adds: "She got a bit stirred up when we first moved in. She doesn't
suffer fools gladly. We've had some builders in who have taken the
mickey and she has made life difficult for them by ruining their
measurements

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
_____________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
From Steve at: satg-@worldnet.att.net

I was wondering if you have any information on hauntings in South
Carolina at John's Island. There is moss growing on the tree's there
that will literally "swings" from tree to tree.
There is a story about a woman being hung on a certain type of tree. I
have seen this and would like to find more information about it.

***
From: "sarahco-@hotmail.com"

Have you heard of the Hot Lake Hotel in La Grande Oregon? I've been
trying to find information on it ever since I visited it last summer.
It was the scariest experience I've ever had!
I have a friend who knows a lot more about it than anyone. Besides
experiencing and seeing things because of her "abilities", she also
grabbed up some paper work while running out as fast as she could! I do
know that it was once an insane asylum, medical research compound,
resort (no one would stay there because of it being haunted) and now
it's closed completely     If you know anything or can find any
information on this place (especially on the history or significant
people involved with it), I would be greatly appreciative and could get
everyone I know who has gone there to submit their own story. Anyone who
has gone in has experienced something, which are very similar to other
experiences, showing consistency. Please email me if you know anything.

***
From: Cathyt-@aol.com

Does anyone know where you can take classes on parapsychology? Please
let me know.

***
From Lourdes at: pro-@brandau.com

My name is Lourdes and I am interested in obtaining information on
haunted locations that are open to the public for personal exploration.
Please let me know if you can help.

***
From Kathleen at: kkfa-@hotmail.com

I am a southern Ohio resident and wish to find a group who are
SERIOUSLY involved in researching and investigating paranormal activity.

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able to provide valuable information,
contacts and actual stories.
   If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your
community, I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at
"mez-@telus.net" . I am interested in reference material of any kind:
already published works, contact information for individuals who have
had first-hand paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I
guarantee anonymity to any persons who would rather not have their names
mentioned in the upcoming volume.
I realize that we're getting into a busy holiday season, but if you
could find a few minutes to send on any information that you think would
help to make this a top quality collection of stories, I would very much
appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From JC Roslyn at: JCRos-@aol.com

Long Island, New York:
   It was the early 80's and my mother's sister was visiting us from
across town. It was getting late so my parents figured they'd drive her
home. From what I remember no one was home except my parents and my
aunt. As they were walking out the door she saw a man walk across the
hall from one room another.
She paused and thought to herself that no one else was home so she
asked my parents who the man was. She insisted there was someone there.
They didn't see anyone else. When he described the man, she noticed a
picture of him on the wall and was positive that he was the man she had
seen. As it turned out, the man in the picture was my father's younger
brother.
He's been dead for almost a year when this all happened. She described
his clothing in exact detail. Apparently, it was the same clothes that
he died in (he was gunned down by crooked government officials in his
homeland). By the way, they've never, ever met.

***
From: Lori at: lcre-@htcc.org

About four years ago, I moved into a newly built apartment in a suburb
outside of Milwaukee, WI. My parents came to visit me so I let them
sleep in my bed and I slept in the living room on the couch. One morning
while eating breakfast, I asked my parents how they had slept the
previous night.
They both said fine, but my dad said he was fine until he saw what he
thought was me walk into the bathroom and then into my closet. I told
him, I never got up to use the bathroom. He insisted that it was either
my mom or myself because the figure he saw that of a woman. I told him
he must have dreamt it. He described the whole thing over and over and
insisted what he saw was not a dream. He was sleeping on his side,
facing my master bathroom when he woke up to a noise. He opened his eyes
and saw a shorter woman walk into the bathroom turn on the light and
then walk straight into my bedroom closet. He thought maybe he fell
asleep because he didn't see her come out.
Well, time went by and after that year, I moved into another
apartment. The same thing happened again. My parents came to see me and
I gave them my room to sleep in. My dad saw a shorter figured woman walk
into my bathroom and turn the light on---she never came out. That next
morning, the bathroom light was still on. My mom and I both insisted
that neither of us had gotten up that night and certainly would not have
had left the light on. A year later, I moved again into a different
apartment with my brother and his girlfriend. I was home alone, folding
clothes in my bedroom when I looked up into the hall way and saw the
hind end of a person walking past my door. Normally, I get freaked out
VERY easy and would NEVER EVER follow it. But after I saw this person, I
ran outside my door and looked down the hall way into my brothers room
and was the back end of this person walk into his bathroom. I ran down
into his room and saw nothing. I immediately called my aunt and told her
I couldn't stay there alone.
Weird things happen from time to time, but I try to keep thinking I am
only imagining them. In July of this year, my fiancé' and I bought a new
house. About a month ago, I was home alone. I was getting ready to go
run an errand and wanted to get cleaned up a bit. So I went into the
bathroom and started looking for my pink comb. I could not find it
anywhere. I looked through all my drawers and even took everything off
the vanity, thinking maybe I am just overlooking it. After not finding
it in the bathroom, I thought maybe I could have left it in the guest
bathroom. I went and looked and could not find it. I went back into the
master bath, where I had taken everything off of the vanity, and there
sat my pink comb. I couldn't talk about this to my fiancé' for several
weeks because I really think there may be a ghost following me. By the
way, I am 6' tall and my mother is 5' 5". The woman we think my father
saw was my grandmother who past away a year before I moved into the
first apartment. She was only5'2'' tall!

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

From Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

The SPIRITS of St. Petersburg will be presenting at the next meeting
of MUFON, a group for paranormal enthusiasts. Discussion will focus on
ghost images in film. The presentation is free to the public and takes
place at 1 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, 2002, at the Safety Harbor Library.
E-mail "tbspi-@netscape.com" for more information.
Their website is at: "http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"

***
From: Dave Juliano, Co-Director of South Jersey Ghost Research
"http://www.sjgr.org"
Founder of The Shadowlands:Ghosts and Hauntings
"http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/"
Ghost Hunter Store
"http://ghosthunterstore.com/"

Feb. 7th, 2002 - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Blackwood Public Library, Blackwood, NJ
15 W. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
856-228-0022
(Editor’s note: Feb 7th just happens to be my birthday, in case anyone
wants to send a gift, LOL )

Feb. 2, 2002 - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

We conduct seminars for organizations such as historical societies,
Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, schools and many other organizations. Are
services are FREE. These seminars includes a video presentation along
with photos, audio clips, video clips and equipment demonstrations plus
a Q & A session. If you would like to speak to us about having us speak
to your group or organization please contact our public relations
director here: "pubrel-@sjgr.org" or call us toll free at
1-877-478-3168

***
From Troy Taylor ( website: "https://www.prairieghosts.com/winter.html"
)

OUR ANNUAL "DEAD OF WINTER" EVENT 2002
Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 1:00 PM
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street - Alton, Illinois - 62002
Reservations? Call 1-888-GHOSTLY or use the form on the website at:
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/winter.html"

SEATING LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE!
Admission: $10 per person
Join us on Saturday, February 23 for our Annual "Dead of Winter" Ghost
Event! Battle the wintertime blues with an afternoon of ghosts,
hauntings, the strange, the bizarre and the mysterious! The History &
Hauntings Book Co. in Alton, Illinois will play host to a day that you
won't soon forget... and one that will have you looking over your
shoulder as you make your journey home after dark!

Speakers & Topics Include:

HAUNTED HIGHWAYS
Join author Troy Taylor as he delves into the chilling legends and
lore of haunted highways, vanishing hitchhikers and phantom automobiles.
Taylor includes some of the most famous, and many little-known, stories
of disappearing hitchhikers, wandering prophesiers of doom, supernatural
incidents and phantom cars that have ever been told across America! He
will trace the roots of the vanishing hitchhiker from the Nephites of
Mormon lore to the tales still told today, including Resurrection Mary
of Chicago, numerous women in white and even vanishing ghosts of the St.
Louis and Illinois region! This is a presentation that may have you
afraid to drive home at night!

SHE WALKS THESE HILLS....
American Ghost Society Representative and Researcher Herma Shelton
(who briefly delighted audiences at the Fall Festival last September)
returns to introduce attendees to the many lost legends, ghostly
incidents and haunted lore of her home, the mountain regions of Kentucky
and West Virginia!
In her presentation, which includes many stories that have never been
told before, she will uncover the tales from the land of the infamous
Hatfields & The McCoys, the ghost of Mamie Thurman, who walks the hills
where she died, the spirit of Octavia Hatcher, Music from the grave and
much more!

THE LEGEND OF THE MOTHMAN
In light of the new film about the strange story of the Mothman, a
creature that plagued the town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia back in
the 1960's, Troy Taylor will briefly introduce attendees to the true
story behind the weird incidents in Point Pleasant, which ended in death
and disaster. In addition, audiences will be treated to a rare short
film on the Mothman that promises to be one of the weirdest
documentaries ever made!

All Attendees to the "Dead of Winter" event will receive a FREE set of
our Myth or Real cards, which are based on the work of strange phenomena
researcher, Loren Coleman. Each pack contains a collectible image of the
Mothman!
Don't miss out on these year's special winter event! It's going to be
one of our best ever and you are all invited to attend! Call us
toll-free or use the on-line form that was linked above!

***
Also from Troy Taylor:

We wanted to pass along some upcoming information about two of the
authors who write for us here at Whitechapel Press and let you know
where you can find them at book signings in the near future!

DALE KACZMAREK:

BORDERS BOOKS: March 9, 2002
Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: March 16, 2002
Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: March 23, 2002
Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: March 30, 2002
Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

JIM GRACZYK:
BORDERS BOOKS: February 16, 2002
Dekalb, Illinois - 2:00 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: February 19, 2002
Orland Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: February 26, 2002
Oak Park, Illinois - 7:30 pm

BORDERS BOOKS: February 27, 2002
Highland, Indiana - 7:30 PM

BORDERS BOOKS: March 13, 2002
Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky, Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President,
Ghost Chasers International.
Website: "http://www.ghostchasersinternational.com" Email:
holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:

First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3

All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):

First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17

These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.

On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,
Lexington, Kentucky 40503

If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can email me at
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
April 20, 2002 Camp Hill, Pa
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

*Hear Ghost Stories from Nationally Famous Paranormal Authors &
Investigators
*Learn About the Latest Ghosthunting Techniques & Equipment
*View Ghost Photos and Videos; Hear Recordings of Spirit Entities (EVP)
*Discover how your own intuitive abilities can help you communicate with
the "Other Side"
*Learn about the "Dark Side" of the spirit world and how to protect
yourself
*From Beginners to Experienced Ghosthunters, this Conference offers
something for Everyone!
*Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum

Why This Conference is Unique?
This conference will offer something for everyone interested in this
fascinating segment of the paranormal, be they a raw beginner or
experienced ghosthunter, or even someone who just likes to hear a good
scary story! We have structured our workshops to different levels of
experience - you won't be bored hearing things you already know, nor
will you feel isolated if this is new to you. There are many different
opinions on and approaches to the subject of Ghosts, and we have
assembled a variety of authors and researchers to share their
experiences and views.

A Full Day and Night of Activities
Registration starts at 8:30am. Conference begins at 9am. Seasonal Fruit
and Berries, Granola Bars, Cereal Bars, Rice Krispie Treats, coffee,
tea, iced tea and sodas will be waiting for you. During the morning, you
will hear from several authors who specialize in writing about ghosts
and hauntings. (They will also be offering their books for sale
throughout the day) We will break for lunch around mid-day; lunch is on
your own. (Besides the hotel restaurant, there are several fast-food
restaurants only a minute or two away)
The afternoon will feature a variety of workshops, presented by
knowledgeable individuals. Some are for beginning ghost hunters, others
are structured for those with more experience. You can select any 2
workshops; videos will be available for purchase of any workshop you may
not have taken. Some of the workshops planned are:

*Ghost Hunting for Beginners *How to Use the Latest Ghost hunting
Equipment: Film and digital cameras, Video Cameras, Audio recorders
(EVP), Thermal Scanners, EMF Meters, etc.
* Using your Intuition for Ghost Hunting: Developing your psychic
abilities, protecting yourself from unwanted (and negative) energies!
(Other workshops to be announced closer to conference)

A full course dinner will be held early evening (menu selections to be
announced closer to the event). During the dinner, the floor will be
open for questions, discussion, etc. We are making arrangements to visit
haunted sites in the greater Harrisburg area, beginning around 7:30-8pm.
An actual itinerary with specific times to be released later

We’re pleased to announce that we have found the perfect spot to do our
ghost investigation on Sat. April 20. This beautiful old building is
called the Rutherford House, formerly, it was called the Rutherford
Mansion. It was built in 1858 and was inhabited by 3 generations of
Rutherfords.
It became the Dauphin County Detention Center in 1906 and served that
function for more than 60 years! It is now a Senior Citizens Center.
Extremely ACTIVE............ street lights going off and on, signs
falling down, the kitchen, well, we will just let you visit that one on
your own!!!!
John and I investigated this mansion Saturday (Nov. 10th) evening. We
came away with tons of photos AND EVP in the basement. At one point of
the investigation, with the Centers Director, the window's began to
rattle in front of us. Something very unusual the Director said!! Guess
so!
To see ghostly photos of the Rutherford House go to our photo gallery!
"http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum" (click here, then
on the gallery)

We have added another adventure to our Conference! For anyone
interested, we will have a Haunted Dining Event at a CGF members
Restaurant beginning Friday evening April 19th at 7pm. Everyone will
meet in the lobby of the hotel and car pool to the Iron Kettle
restaurant. This place is very active and you will be able to take
photos and walk around. A hotbed of activity!
This is a bar and restaurant (the cost is separate from the conference
fee). This is just a informal get together, so we can all get in the
“mood” and meet new friends or to just settle down after your travels
and have a good time with like minded people. We will be meeting for
cocktails at 7 (very informal) and then will have a sit down dinner. The
cost of dinner is $22.00 per person. includes tax and tip. Payments may
be made to Kelly Weaver. To reserve your space, I will need your payment
by CHECK (no master card or visa for this one) by March 1, 2002. (you
will have 3 choices for dinner, Haddock, Chicken Parm, or Strip Steak,
potato, salad, dessert and a banquet beverage. Alcohol is not included
in the cost. Very, very good food here! And the spirits aren't bad
either!!!!!!!!! I have a sign up sheet. This room holds only 55 people,
so this on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in the
Welcome dinner, please give me your name/address/phone. Your spot will
be secured.
We are also including a map of other local haunts of interest for those
who may want to venture out on your own on Friday. We will have the
workers/owners of the Iron Kettle telling their ghostly tales that
Friday evening.

About The Authors/Lecturers/Instructors
TROY TAYLOR - Noted Author and ghost researcher. Troy is the founder
and president of the American Ghost Society, one of the nation's largest
ghost research groups. He has appeared on numerous television programs.
Troy also keeps readers up-to-date with his "Ghosts of the Prairie" web
page, (www.prairieghosts.com), the Haunted America Update Newsletter,
and offers a huge selection of supernatural books through his History
and Hauntings Book Co. (1-888-ghostly) Troy has written many books
including: The Ghost Hunters Guide Book, and his latest "spirited work"
is titled No Rest for the Wicked. Troy's topic will be Graveyard Ghosts
- a lively presentation on haunted graveyards & burial grounds,
including: how cemeteries become haunted, common cemetery lore,
vanishing hitchhikers and even how best to investigate your local
cemetery. Troy will present first-hand accounts of his experiences in
haunted cemeteries and some of the most famous graveyards in America!
Hear the legends and real-life accounts behind Bachelor's Grove,
Resurrection Mary and much more!

ED OKONWICZ - An accomplished speaker, author, professional story
teller and member of the National Story Telling Association. He has
written 13 books on the paranormal, including ghosts and spirits that
haunt the Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, as well as topics related to
Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed is employed as a writer & editor at the
University of Delaware where he received his bachelors degree in
education and his masters in Communication. Based on his 2 unique books
on Possessed Possessions, Ed will discuss how he located the owners of
haunted objects, share their stories and present tips on how to find--or
avoid--bringing home something that has failed to give up the ghost. You
are sure to enjoy Ed's humor!

RENE KRUSE - A field investigator with the American Ghost Research
Society with over 20 years experience. She has many stories of both
haunted sites as well as varying conditions under which investigations
have been conducted, with interesting results. She will be showing us
some wonderful pictures and video she has collected over the years.

D.B. LYN: A member of the Board of Directors for the Tri State
Paranormal Research Group, D.B. Lyn is an LPN and has a life long
interest in the paranormal, having grown up in a haunted house. She
lives next to the site of her childhood home and it too is haunted. She
has co-authored The Dead Won't Hurt You, about her childhood
experiences. Currently, D.B. is writing another book and working on
different ways to photograph ghostly images. "Do ghosts exist? Is there
proof? Growing up in an active haunted house, I have found that what
dies here returns. I enlisted the help of two mediums to help me rid the
house of the entities. Join me in the house after the first exorcism,
when I realized that it hadn't worked, only to make things worse!"

BEN MAZUR and JOHN McCLINTOCK are owners of Digitize-Media, South
Central PA's leading production firm. They have won over three dozen
major awards for their corporate-rate, commercial and institutional
clients. These talented video producer/directors have been active in the
field since 1992. They will be presenting a workshop on filming spirits.
Scott Crownover of the Paranormal Research Foundation will be assisting
them in their presentation.

REV. RON BEACH - Director of the Tri State Paranormal Research Group
(www.tristateghosts.homestead.com/home.html) and an ordained minister
with the non - denominational Church of Radiant Lights. A 14 year Navy
Vet, he served with Special Operations, various MP units and as a
Quality Control Inspector with the Nuclear Sub Force. Ron has formal
training in computers and photography and is working on a degree in
Metaphysical & Paranormal studies. He has been an active investigator
for over 12 years, including several European countries as well as the
US. He is a founding member of the IGHS. Ron is also the editor of The
Haunted Places Report (http://www.haunted-places.com/ ) and an Rep for
Homestead.com.

LOU GENTILE - Demonologist, Paranormal Investigator & Nationally
Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host. Lou has been featured on such shows as
Fox Family Channel's "The Scariest Places on Earth", MTV "Fear",
Unsolved Mysteries, In Search of, The Discovery Channel, TLC along with
hosts of Magazine & Radio Interviews. Lou is one of Ed & Lorraine
Warrens top students and was Ed Warrens last student to date. Lou brings
to you the knowledge and experience that not many can say they had nor
compete with! Learn about the Construction of a Haunting, Possession &
Exorcism, The Real Deal with Orbs & Globules, Ghosts, Poltergeists,
Angels, Demons & Devils. Lou offers a Slide show featuring some of his
most interesting cases, some you may have seen some you have not! See
what Demons & Devils look like caught on film. See a REAL Night Hag!
What does a REAL Possessed person look like? Hear the voices of Demons
Screaming at a Priest during a normal house blessing. Hear EVP's
(Electronic Voice Phenomena) of Evil Spirits screaming and calling
blasphemies! Does this all exist? You be the Judge! WARNING! NO CHILDREN
UNDER 12 PLEASE! They might not sleep again!

KELLY L. WEAVER - A well respected psychic/medium, and the founder of
the Capital Ghost Forum. She has appeared on MTV's Fear as a psychic
consultant, and has done countless television, radio, magazine, book and
newspaper interviews throughout the years. Kelly and her husband John
host a weekly show on pawebcast.com called Visions from the Other Side.
They are also contributing authors for the website PARASEEK.com.

JOHN WEAVER - An art director/illustrator and photographer who does
investigations with Kelly. He also has a long standing interest in all
paranormal subjects, especially UFOs. Once a "skeptic", John now enjoys
using his instruments to "prove what his psychic wife is saying!"

Hotel Reservations:
For those coming from out of town, rooms are available for $89.00
double occupancy. Call the Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention
Center direct @ (717) 763-7117. Please mention you are attending the
conference. Room reservations MUST be made by April 5, 2002. The hotel
offers free shuttle service to & from Harrisburg Intl. Airport, Amtrak &
Greyhound/Trailways.

How to Register for the Conference:
Conference cost is $85.00 per person, which includes the lectures,
morning snack, workshops, sit down dinner and ghost hunting until
midnight. (Lunch is on your own) Hotel rooms are separate.
If you wish, 2 payments can be made: The first $42.50 is due by Jan.
25, 2002 (You must pay at least this amount by that date to reserve a
spot). The second payment is due by March 25, 2002. Sorry, but we do not
have secure on-line ordering available; To register by phone using your
Credit Card, call Kelly Weaver at 717-737-7623
To Register by Mail, send your MC or VISA Card Information or Check /
money order payable to Kelly's Magical Garden to:
Kelly's Magical Garden
43 Essex Road Camp Hill, PA 17011

Note: At least 1/2 or Full Payment MUST be received by Jan. 25, 2002 to
guarantee your spot.

Conference Location: Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center
1150 Camp Hill Bypass Camp Hill, Pa. 17011 (Held in Governors Ballroom)

Directions to Radisson Penn Harris Hotel
From West: East on PA Turnpike (I-76) to Exit 17. North on Rt 15 for
six miles to Erford Road Exit.

From North: South on I-81 to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South
through three lights (approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop
light. Follow straight through two more stop lights. Radisson on the
right.

From East: West on I-78 which turns into South I-81. Follow I-81 South
to Exit 21 (Enola Exit). Take 11 & 15 South through three lights
(approx. five miles). Turn right at third stop light. Follow straight
through two more stop lights. Radisson on the right. From South: North
on I-83 to Route 581 split (toward Camp Hill) to Route 15. North on
Route 15 for two miles to Erford Road Exit. Go to the "Maps" section of
expedia.com to download a detailed map

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th 2002 in beautiful sunny Yuma Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of Mesa
AZ. Proudly present the 1st annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.

Tenintive Itinerary (To be finalized February 2002):

Friday evening April 12th, 2002:
There will be a special event scheduled for early arrivals.

Saturday April 13th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Digital Ghost Photography Workshop- Learn the
individualized techniques used by the Yuma Spirit Hunters for capturing
and analyzing digital photographs - Presented by Richard Burns Technical
Director of Yuma Spirit Hunters.
To be held at the Oak Tree Inn (coffee and doughnuts will be served at
this event)

12:00pm to 3:00pm-- Family Picnic and BBQ held at the Historic Yuma
Territorial Prison Park. (Menu will be announced February of 2002)
During this time you will be free to tour the Historic Yuma Territorial
Prison, meet others from your field of expertise and compare techniques.
Host staff will be available to answer questions.

5:00pm-- Full Course Dinner- This dinner will be held at one of Yuma’s
many haunted historic sites. (Menu choices will be announced February of
2002) Hosts will again be available during the dinner for a question and
answer session.

6:30pm- Guest Speaker- Kriss Stephens Paranormal Consultant with the MTV
show FEAR she is also paranormal investigator for the New Orleans
Haunted History Tours. As well as doing investigations on her own. She
will be joined by one of the participants of the show that will speak
about the true paranormal phenomena that took place on the USS Hornet.

After the guest speakers we will adjourn to Haunted Historic Old Town
Yuma for a Haunted Historic Tour and or a ghost hunt at your choice of
Several of Yuma’s Haunted Historic Locations (to be announced February
2002)

Sunday April 14th, 2002:
9:00am to 11:00am -- Farewell Gathering -- Guest speaker to be announced
February 2002. (Coffee, Juice and doughnuts to be served during the
event.

HOW TO REGISTER:

Conference cost is $60.00 per person this cost includes all events
listed above. Your Hotel Rooms are separate and you are responsible for
making your reservations. Save 10% by registering the full amount early
using Pay Pal. To qualify for this discount full payment must be
received by March 15th 2002.

Easy Pay Option- you can purchase your registration in 2 easy payments
of $30.00 (EASY PAY DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR THE 10% DISCOUNT). First $30.00
payment must be received by February 1st, 2002 and the 2nd $30.00
payment must be received by March 15th, 2002.

You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

NON ONLINE PAYMENT:
Checks and Money orders are accepted. Payments must be postmarked no
later than March 1, 2001

Send to:
Southwestern Paranormal Conference
12734 El Camino Del Diablo
Yuma Arizona, 85367
Please make checks or money orders pay able to: Yuma Spirit Hunters

Yuma AZ area Residents call (928) 520-4207 or (928)342-2955 for more
information or email spirith-@aol.com

Phoenix area Residents call (480) 969-4069 or (602) 292-6796 for more
information or email Naza-@aol.com

Local Hotels and Rates (subject to change):
Yuma Cabana (www.yumacabana.com )
2151 4th Ave.
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-783-8311 Fax- 928-783-1126 Reservation Line 1-800-874-0811
Standard rooms $29.99 1 person - $37.99 2 people Queen - $47.99 2P
Double Deluxe

Yuma’s Haunted Historic Hotel Lee
390 South Main Street
Yuma Arizona, 85364
Telephone 928-783-6336 Fax 928-783-0540
$40.00 2 person European Style Hotel
(Room’s Are Limited At Yuma’s Oldest Working Hotel Reserve Yours Early)

Holiday Inn Express of Yuma ( www.azohwy.com/h/holnexyu.htm )
3181 Fourth Ave
Yuma Arizona 85364
Telephone 928-344-1420 Fax 928-341-0158 Reservation Line 1-877-800-6689
$55.00 up to 4 persons call to specify room type

BE SURE TO MENTION TO THE HOTELS THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE GHOST HUNTER
CONFERENCE

***
AMERICAN GHOST SOCIETY 2002 HAUNTED AMERICA NATIONAL CONFERENCE
JUNE 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available and linked from our home page at
<http://www.prairieghosts.com>
Below, you'll find information about the 2002 AGS National Conference
but more detailed information is available and linked from our home page
at <http://www.prairieghosts.com> Check it out and get ready for another
wonderful event! Thanks to the speed at which last year's tickets
vanished, for both the general conference sessions and the "after hours"
events, we suggest that you register early! Tickets go on sale February
4!
This year is going to be a very special conference for reasons that
you may have already heard.. BUT despite what some lovely person has
been spreading around, we will NOT be canceling the conference if Amy
goes into labor before (or even during!) the conference. We have
prepared for that and who knows.. you may get to see the newest member
of the American Ghost Society in person!!

The 2002 American Ghost Society National "Haunted America" Conference
will be held in Alton, Illinois on the weekend from June 20-23, 2002.
This wonderful annual event is the "original ghost conference" and while
it's often imitated, it's never equaled! This year's conference will
feature nationally known speakers and authors on ghosts and the
supernatural. Presented will be workshops and seminars on ghosts and
ghost hunting; information on spirit photography and conducting
investigations; discussions and question & answer periods; haunted
locations and the unexplained; first-hand reports of ghosts and
specters... and much more!
This our Sixth Annual Conference and as with each year, will give
attendees the chance to gather information about ghosts, hauntings and
the unexplained that you won't hear anywhere else; meet other ghost
enthusiasts from around the country; network and compare notes with
other investigators; and visit Alton, Illinois, "one of the most haunted
small towns in America". Don't miss this event!

REGISTRATION PRICES FOR FRIDAY - SUNDAY:
$60 PER PERSON.... REGISTRATION BEGINS FEBRUARY 4

SPEAKERS FOR THE 2002 CONFERENCE:

TROY TAYLOR: Troy is the president and founder of the American Ghost
Society and will be hosting this year's conference. He is the author of
nearly two dozen books on ghosts and hauntings, including "Haunted
Illinois", "Haunted St. Louis" and the "Ghost Hunter's Guidebook. He has
been actively involved with paranormal research and writing for more
than 10 years. He is also the author of the book "Haunted Alton" and the
host of the History & Hauntings Ghost Tours, based on his book. At this
year's event, Troy will be presenting "Confessions of a Ghost Hunter"..
about his own adventures, and misadventures, with ghost research. The
session will focus on his own unexplainable experiences and sightings as
well as things that can go wrong during an investigation like natural
phenomena, unbalanced witnesses, and much more! Sure to be both
enlightening and entertaining!
Troy will also be hosting three separate "History & Hauntings Tours"
during the conference on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday for
the Deluxe Dinner Tour of the city. These tours are additional, after
hours events for the conference and tickets are sold on a first come /
first served basis for the additional activities!

DALE KACZMAREK: Dale is the president of the Ghost Research Society and
is a returning favorite to the annual conference. He is the author of
the best-selling "Windy City Ghosts" and its sequel and has other
projects in the works on ghost phenomena. He has been involved in ghost
research for more than 25 years and is the host of the "Excursions into
the Unknown" ghost tours of Chicago. At this year's event, Dale will be
hosting a presentation on "More Windy City Ghosts", a further look at
the most haunted (and often little known) sites in the Chicagoland
region. The session will include his own experiences, encounters and
investigations in the field.
Dale will also be hosting a special after hours event on Friday Night!
This year's session will involve the in's, out's and how to's of Spirit
Photography. The after hours event will include photos, slides and video
about ghost photos as well as advice on cameras, film and the best
resources for paranormal photography. This is a hands-on and interactive
session, designed for questions and answers! Tickets for this session
are additional and it is an after hours event for which tickets are sold
on a first come / first served basis!

JANICE OBERDING: Janice is a long-time member and Area Representative
for the American Ghost Society and the author of the book "Haunted
Nevada". She specializes in writing about ghosts, true crime and the
unexplained and also lectures on ghost hunting and writing at a local
community college in Nevada. At this year's event, Janice will be
presenting a session on "Haunted Nevada"... focusing on the silver
state's most haunted buildings and the stories that surround them. The
slide presentation will include the Governor's Mansion, The Fourth Ward
School, Piper's Opera House, Goldfield Hotel, Boulder Dam Hotel and also
a few of the state's more famous ghostly figures like Elvis, Liberace,
Red Foxx and Bugsy Siegel!

PATTI STARR: Patti is the president of Ghost Chasers International and
has many years of experience with ghost research and hauntings. She
teaches a course on ghost hunting at the Lexington (Kentucky) Community
College and is the creator of a video on Ghost Hunting and Dowsing. She
has also been involved with a number of television programs and
documentaries on ghosts and investigating the supernatural. At this
year's event, Patti will be speaking about "How to Dowse for Ghosts"...
a how-to session on how to use dowsing rods to look for ghosts and how
best to use them when trying to record EVP (electronic voice phenomena).
The presentation will also include recordings and photos that were
obtained during dowsing sessions.

DAVE GOODWIN: Dave is a long-time member and area rep for both the
American Ghost Society and the Ghost Research Society and is the author
of the book "Ghosts of Jefferson Barracks". Dave is also a police
officer, security officer for Washington University in St. Louis and a
Captain in the Missouri National Guard. Thanks to his military and law
enforcement contacts, he often has access to stories that you won't hear
anywhere else! He puts this to good use for this year's event. His
session will be called "The Enigma of Haunted Military Posts".... and
will include ghost stories, accounts and first-hand encounters from
historic military posts all over America. The presentation will include
many stories that have never been heard before!

JOHN BRILL: Another returning favorite to the conference! John, with his
more than 30 years of experiences with the paranormal returns again with
another interactive session and what he likes to call a sequel to his
"Strange Stuff".... John again thrills and enthralls the audience with
his own personal encounters and insights into the paranormal. He also
hosts and introduces stories, footage and photos from the attendees and
lets them share their own investigations and encounters with ghost
enthusiasts from around the country! This will be our Friday night
session and if you want to participate, be sure to mark the box on the
registration form... attendees are asked to have any photos that they
intend to share turned into slides in advance of the conference! You
don't want to miss this popular session!

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13th 2002 from 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Railroad House in Marietta, PA.

The cost is $85.00 per person and includes admission to the
conference, lunch, ghost tour at 7 PM and investigation of a haunted
site to the first 25 who register.
Subjects of discussion will include Bigfoot, UFO's and Ghosts by well
known speakers with many years of experience. Speakers to be announced
at a later date. For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610
or to make your reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141

***
Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

Join Dave and Sharon in May, 2002 at our fifth annual Gettysburg Ghost
Conference. Our theme is Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP. The
Conference will focus around EVP and the software for evaluating the
voices. Tips and secrets shared. We will demonstrate how clear EVP
voices are as compared to the digital static many confuse with EVP. We
will also be providing a special EVP CD for everyone attending the
Conference, filled with real voices of the dead from our own private
collection. The CD will only be available for those who pre-register for
the Conference.
We do not use mediums, psychics or Ouija boards to claim
communications with the dead because psychic claims cannot be verified.
It may be valid or it may be emotional static. Instead, we focus on the
scientific approach to ghost hunting that can be accomplished by
everyone.
This will be one of the most exciting and most haunted events that you
will ever attend. The friendships developed may well last a life time.
Come and experience the Ghosts of Gettysburg with Dave and Sharon.
Special Holiday Inn room discounts for members attending the Conference.
Experience the scientific approach to ghost hunting.
We are set up for PayPal orders by going to the Gettysburg web page
at: "http://www.ghostweb.com/2002conf.html".
Also the Online Order Form can be found at
"http://www.ghostweb.com/orderform.html". Be sure to send us the names
of those attending for the name badges.

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

01/13/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Philip Hoag
For the last ten years Philip has been involved in the design,
organization and construction of numerous large underground shelter
projects. Philip is one of a few civilians in the United States with
experience in the area of shelter life support systems, including power
generation and air filtration.
Website: "http://www.nodoom.com/"
Website: "http://www.yellowstonetrading.com/"

01/14/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: William R. Alschuler, Ph.D.
William R. Alschuler, holds a Ph.D. in astronomy from the University
of California at Santa Cruz. In addition to his work at Cal Arts, he has
also taught at UCSC, Harvard, MIT, the Boston Architectural Center and
the Fashion Institute of Technology. His published works cover physics
and astronomy, energy conservation in building design, UFOs and
dinosaurs.
Dr. Alschueler's most recent book, THE SCIENCE OF UFOs, objectively
examines some of the themes, reports and claims that have been made
about the behavior of purported alien spacecraft and their occupants,
evidence of ancient visitations on Earth and other planets, the meaning
of species and hybrids in the context of modern genetics, and
non-spatial methods of interstellar travel.

01/15/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Dr. Hank Wesselman
Research paleoanthropologist Hank Wesselman, PhD is one of those rare
cutting edge scientists who truly walk between the worlds. He did his
undergraduate work, as well as his Masters Degree, in Zoology at the
University of Colorado at Boulder, then went on to receive his doctoral
degree in Anthropology from the University of California at Berkley. For
the past 30 years, he has worked with an international group of
scientists, exploring East Africa's Great Rift Valley in search of
answers to the mystery of human origins. He is also a shaman in
training, now in the 20th year of his apprenticeship.
Website: "http://www.sharedwisdom.com/"

01/16/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Mark Hazlewood
Mark Hazlewood has written a book entitled "Blindsided Planet X Passes
in 2003 EARTHCHANGES!" Planet X is inbound. Its approach is currently
causing Earth to experience a long list of seismic, volcanic, and
weather related problems. When X passes in the spring of 2003, Earth's
rotation will pause for a few days. This will result in massive earth
changes and a shifting of the poles.
Website: "http://www.questprint.com/blindsided/"
Website: "http://www.metatech.org/planet_x_nibiru_earth_changes.html"
Website: "http://www.prep2003.com/"
Website: "http://www.survivalcenter.com/Planetx.html"

01/17/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Penelope Smith
If your animal could speak, what would it say? Communicating with
animals telepathically throughout her life, Penelope Smith presents
effective techniques that can dramatically transform people's
relationships with animals on all levels. She explains how to solve
behavior problems, how to figure out where your animal hurts, how to
discover animals' likes and dislikes, and why they do the things they
do.
Website: "http://www.animaltalk.net/"

01/18/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
FOX:

Sun - 20th at 11pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
UPN

Tue - 15th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Tue - 15th at 9pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
TNT:

Tue - 15th at 10pm - Charmed

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Tue - 15th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Wed - 16th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Thu - 17th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Fri - 18th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Sat - 19th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter
Sun - 20th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Mon - 21st at 8pm - New Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Fri - 18th at 9pm - The Chronicle: Cursed Sombrero
Fri - 18th at 10pm: Outer Limits: human Trial

***
PAX

Tue - 15th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Free Spirit
Fri - 18th at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 18th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Fri - 18th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sat - 19th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Night Visitors (Includes a segment
on the Bell Witch)
Sat - 19th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Dracula

***
HISTORY CHANNEL:

Fri - 18th at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Crypts, Coffins, and Corpses
Sat - 19th at 11pm - Haunted History: Haunted London

***
A&E:

Mon - 21st at 9pm - More Haunted Houses: Tortured Souls & Spirits

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Broadcast the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm