Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jan 20, 2002 09:11 PST
The Haunted Places Report
Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Website: "http://www.Haunted-Places.com"
01/22/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Book Review
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

We have received several emails from readers who had the same complaint
about the upcoming events section. It seems that they feel it is
becoming to long and repetitive. They feel that listing the details of
each event week after week was not necessary and made it hard to see any
new entries. I totally agree with them and think that we have solved the
problem.
Beginning with this issue we are only running a short piece about each
event. If you would like more detailed information about an upcoming
event you can visit Haunted-Places.com website. The URL for the events
page is: http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From the Colonel Taylor Inn B & B at: colta-@peoplepc.com

My husband & I recently bought a 9,000 sq ft Victorian mansion that we
have renovated & opened as a bed & breakfast Inn,
"http://www.coltaylorinnbb.com" . We have two ghosts that we are aware
of & maybe more. Colonel Taylor walks the stairs and his lady floats
down them. They have been seen by guests and they rock our bed at times
in a way that cannot be duplicated by us - we have tried. You get cold
chills up the back of your neck when they are present. But they are
friendly ghosts just watching over us & their grand home like angels.

***
From SpookyPlaces at: spooky-@loosecanon.tv

The Spooky Places cast and crew will be working production in
Virginia City, NV from June 7th to the 14th. We are staying in Reno and
driving back and forth each day.
If anyone would like to contact us or perhaps meet us while
on location in Virginia City, NV please feel free.

***
From Don at: Spirith-@aol.com

We have had a speaker cancel for the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal
Conference scheduled for April 12th,13th and 14th. We can arrange the
schedule to have time slots open on Saturday Evening Sunday morning and
could do a spot for Sunday afternoon if need be. If any one is
interested in speaking at this conference please e-mail
Spirith-@aol.com for information.

***
From Billy at: Boxer-@aol.com

Please visit the North Texas Paranormal Investigation and Research
Studies website at: "http://www.geocities.com/boxer75161/NTPRS.html"
We are located in the Dallas / Metroplex area of North Texas.

***
From Tom at: Ramt-@aol.com

A select group of friends, who have been on numerous investigations
with me, are helping me start an organization in RI called "R.I.P."
(Rhode Island Paranormal).I know the name sounds amusing but, it is
fitting and we are serious. If your looking for more info on the group
or are interested in helping, e-mail me at ramt-@aol.com.
I liked your posting of trespassing. We always obtain permission if
the situation so requires. I hope those who read take heed in order to
keep the level of a real ghost hunter's work on a pro basis and not to
be taken as folly.

***
From L. J. at: Ssof-@aol.com ,

   L.J. received this from Loren Coleman, a well known researcher of the
Mothman:

The David Grabias-produced "Search for the Mothman" will air on the F/X
Channel in the U.S.A. on January 23, 2002, at 10 PM, and January 27 at
11:30 PM. If it achieves good ratings, it will be re-broadcast again
later. L. J. adds, Loren lives in Maine, so I think the times he
mentions are Eastern time.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

Experts in Ghost Hunting?
Dave Juliano (shado-@theshadowlands.net")

Are there experts in the field of ghost research and/or ghost hunting?
The answer is simply, no. There are many investigators with years of
field experience and years of classroom study. Still none of us are
experts. This field, while it has been around for a long time, is still
in the development stage. We are constantly coming up with new theories,
testing them and trying to prove. There are groups out there who will
freely share their knowledge with you and the world and I commend them.
The amount of non profit ghost research organizations is on the rise.
There are also very experienced groups who conduct seminars and lectures
for a fee to help cover the costs of investigations, this is also
understandable.
There are also researchers who conduct lectures for profit and the
majority of these are either sharing years of field research with you or
have credentials from universities. These people have earned this right
and you are paying for knowledge that can only be gained from their
experience.
Then there are the others, who use gimmicks and titles to get you to
pay for knowledge that is freely available elsewhere. Anyone can get a
mail order ordinations or degrees, but degrees like these do not have
the years of study behind them like a degree from a traditional
university. Please be aware of these high profile groups that just want
your money and care very little about your welfare.

***
Ectoplasm Mist Photos
By Dave Juliano ("mailto:shado-@theshadowlands.net")

One of the most dramatic types of positive photos we get on
investigations are mist photos. These photos show various shapes of a
fog or smoke-like substance hanging in the air. When these photos are
taken, this mist is not usually visible to the photographer. While these
mist photos are rarer than orb photos but they also seem appear
primarily in areas where spirit activity is being reported.
The skeptics and debunkers have a field day with the mist photo. They
say it is everything from cigarette smoke to the photographers breath on
a cold night. I would like to take this opportunity to address the most
common explanations and also give you tips so that you can make sure
your photos are good quality evidence. First off, the mist photos are
not cigarette smoke. If you are an investigator, you should never smoke
anywhere near an investigation site. This is simply common sense. In an
indoor investigation, make sure all sources of smoke such as candles and
fireplaces are out prior to you taking any photos. Over the past there
years I have been keeping track of times of year, temperature, humidity
and other variables to see if I could find a connection to ectoplasm
mist to any natural explanation. After reviewing this data, it is plain
to see that there is no natural explanation for these mist photos. In
simple terms, 60% of the mist photos obtained were taken in the colder
months of November through March, the other 40% were obtained in all of
the warmer months including July and August. The percentages are the
same for the temperature range I divided them into, above 60 degrees
(40%) and below 60 degrees (60%). This shows that 40% of the mist photos
taken were obtained in temperatures where the photographers breath could
not have caused the mist in the photo. When tracking the humidity, I was
looking to see it higher humidity was causing the mists because of the
higher percentage of moisture in the air. My research showed that mist
photos were obtained in all ranges of humidity and were actually more
concentrated in the mid to
lower ranges than in the higher ranges which leads me to conclude that
moisture in the air is not the cause of mist photo either. Remember,
good researchers do not take photos in the rain, snow and fog.
It is a good practice to log in the weather data each time you conduct
any research so you can look back at your results to see how they
compare with mine and other researchers. You should first rule out the
natural before you look for supernatural explanations. There are
numerous theories on what ectoplasm mist photos are but by ruling out
what it is not, we can get one step closer to finding out.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Did Mothman Visit Set? Strange Occurrences Plagued Filming Of The
Mothman Prophecies

Story originally published by: Sci Fi Wire on 1/18/02
( "http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-01/18/12.30.film" )
We acknowledged all Copyrights

Director Mark Pellington told SCIFI Wire that the filming of his
upcoming supernatural thriller movie The Mothman Prophecies was plagued
by strange occurrences. "Lights would blow [on set]," he said in an
interview while promoting the film. "It was just terrible. We said it
was [the] Mothman ... around, because a community of the film team
believed--or there was enough of a consensus of something's out
there--that [we] would then say, 'Oh wait, that was [him] ...?' We would
attribute it to that."
Pellington said the common belief in the extraordinary was a theme of
the movie, which is based on events surrounding the collapse of the
Silver Bridge in Point Pleasant, W.Va., in 1967. The on-set spookiness
was "a perfect, tangible example of ... where one community's belief
systems would get so infected by the possibility of something causing
any ... annoyance or occurrences," he said. "The more I was into this
movie, [driving] around Pittsburgh, [at] nighttime, ... scouting a
location, [I could] feel it. There's just a tangible feeling. You can
see it, because your mind is playing tricks on you. Your mind is almost
opening itself up [by] fear to something. [It's like] when you're in
your house alone at night. It's ... creepy, and your imagination starts
to get the better of you. [You're] like, 'Wait! Was that a sound? Was
that somebody whispering? Was that a shadow?' So I think it's about that
heightened perceptual sense that you get into ... that opens your mind
up to letting yourself believe in these things."
As for his own personal beliefs as to whether or not the Mothman
phenomenon is true, Pellington said, "I believe ... it is true to the
people who believe in it and think they saw it. William Burroughs says,
'If you see it, then it's true to you. If you hear it, then it means
something to you.' It's all about that subjective, perceptual truth.
Even if I chose not to believe it, I believe that everybody who thinks
they saw something really did. Because I would respect their opinion.
But I personally would have to see a photo of [the Mothman] before I
would believe." The Mothman Prophecies, which stars Richard Gere and
Laura Linney, opens Jan. 25.

_____________

BOOK REVIEW
_____________

Ghosts
Written by: Ed Okonowicz
Published by:
Mist & Lace Publishers, Inc.
1386 Fair Hill Lane
Elkton, Maryland 21921

ISBN - 1-890690-08-2
Paperback - 112 pages

Award winning author, Ed Okonowicz, has once again written another
truly outstanding book. The book “GHOSTS” contains over 16 true and
fictional stories that the author has brought to life with his unique
writing style.
Many of these stories come from the author’s interviews with those who
actually experience the hauntings. The book will take you from the site
of a Revolutionary War massacre to an abandoned World War II fort. Along
the way you’ll read about haunted barns and a pig woman. You’ll get a
chill as you read about the judge who was buried twice, a haunted
supermarket, and even a ghost dog.
This must have book is available thru Amazon.com or by contacting the
publisher. Be sure to check out Ed’s other great books by visiting the
publisher’s website at: www.mystandlace.com

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! We have a large backlog of really great
sites so, over the next few issues we will be giving the award out to
several sites.
Giving out more than one award at a time is in no way meant to demean
the award or the websites. We just feel that there are many great sites
that have been on our list for along time and we feel they should not
have to wait any longer to receive the award.

An award goes to The Ghaslty Ghost Hunter who’s website can be found at:
http://www.ghastlyghosthunter.com

Another award goes out to P.I.T. ( Paranormal Investigation Team) at:
http://www.wisconsinghosthunters.homestead.com/

And another award goes out to The SPIRITS of St. Petersburg at:
"http://centralflghosts.homestead.com/home.html"

Congrats to the winners! Please be sure to check out each of these
outstanding websites!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.
Haunted-@neo.rr.com . Please be sure to include your email address

***
From Justin at: JDPPA-@aol.com

I am a free-lance paranormal investigator and have been investigating
and collecting information about the paranormal mostly Spirits, Demons,
and Exorcism. I am a Christian from an non-domination church and Its
nice to see others that are searching for the truth, it’s out there. I
have been investigating since I was 15 years old, it is a passion more
than a hobby. I am familiar with a few members from T.A.P.S. but they
are located clear up in Rhode Island and other surrounding areas which
makes it difficult to stay in touch and become part of the team since
I’m being from Pittsburgh. Are there any groups in the Pittsburgh area?

***
From J.S. at: sblah-@radiant.net

I am presently conducting research in the fields of Out of Body
Experiences,Near Death Experiences, Ghosts and Poltergeists (including
macro PK experiments).
Would it be possible to obtain information about different
organizations and what projects are currently being conducted? Are
there any groups in the Province of Alberta for people who could
possibly help me with my interests.

***
From Brandon at:bmac-@hotmail.com

I was wondering if there were any paranormal investigation groups in the
western Wisconsin area? If so could you please get in touch with me.

***
From Kathleen at: kkfa-@hotmail.com

I am in Wilmington, Ohio. A small town about an hour north of
Cincinnati and an hour south west of Dayton (1 1/2 hours south of
Columbus). Are there any groups in my area?

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able to provide valuable information,
contacts and actual stories.
   If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your
community, I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at
"mez-@telus.net" . I am interested in reference material of any kind:
already published works, contact information for individuals who have
had first-hand paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I
guarantee anonymity to any persons who would rather not have their names
mentioned in the upcoming volume.
Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From: "Else-@yahoo.com"

My ex-husband and I moved to Penn. in 1989, it was the 1st house we
bought. We had 4 girls ages 1, 4, 7 and 9 at the time. When we moved we
had relatives helping us. It was a 21/2 hour ride for us so we did
everything at once.
The 1st night I heard noises but passed it off as house noises. When
we woke up the next day, the kitchen was trashed. I had washed off some
nick-knack's the night before and left them on the drain board to dry.
Needless to say they were smashed into pieces and still on the drain
board.
Our dog had apparently did what dogs do and than rolled into it . The
stuff was everywhere even place's that was so impossible for him to
reach. My brother states that there was so much noise in the house that
he and my brother -in law couldn't sleep.
As time went on many things happened. Finally after 14 months we moved
because it was starting to get more and more violent .My 3 daughters
speak of the happening at time to time remembering their fears. Even our
neighbor remembers things like the choking, voices, animals, eye's ,foot
steps, slamming of doors. This is just a brief run down of the many
things that happened there.

***
From esmi-@yahoo.com

This is a true story. I have a friend that would wake up without her
clothes on. What's so scary? Well she would wake to find her clothes
folded nice and neat next to her on her pillow.
This happened often. She asked her husband if he was removing her
clothes while she was asleep. She also asked if he didn't feel any
strange movements during the night. He said “No“. Not knowing what was
going on, her husband would fall asleep holding on tight to her clothes.
But yet she would still wake up without her clothes on. It happened so
often they both didn't want to sleep any more.
After months of this happening, they moved and it stopped for a while.
Then it started up again. They went to priest, he couldn't give her an
explanation as to why this was occurring. She knew it wasn't her that
was taking off her clothes and it wasn't her husband. Who or what could
it be? It eventually stopped after having the house blessed. The most
scary and puzzling part was that some of her clothes were never found.
Till this day it's still a mystery to her and her husband.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JANUARY 2002:

Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky
Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President, Ghost Chasers
International.
Email: holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:
First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3

All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):

First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17

These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.
On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,
Lexington, Kentucky 40503

 If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can send email to:
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
FEBRUARY 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lectures.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

Feb. 7th - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Blackwood Public Library, Blackwood, NJ
15 W. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
856-228-0022

Feb. 2nd - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
ANNUAL "DEAD OF WINTER" EVENT 2002
Saturday, February 23 - 1:00 PM
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street - Alton, Illinois - 62002
For reservations call 1-888-GHOSTLY or use the form at:
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/winter.html"

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:

BORDERS BOOKS - February 16 - Dekalb, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 19 - Orland Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 26- Oak Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 27 - Highland, Indiana - 7:30 PM

***
MARCH 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
March 9th
$35.00 per person.
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:
BORDERS BOOKS - March 13 - Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Dale
Kaczmarek
BORDERS BOOKS - March 9 - Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 16 - Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 23 - Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 30 - Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield,Ohio
March 23rd - First ghost hunt for 2002.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.
For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610 or to make your
reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141.

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
MAY 2002:

Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JUNE 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weatherFree
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
OCTOBER 2002:
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

01/20/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Albert Chen & Tim Smith
Sports Illustrated researchers on the cover photo jinx.
Website:
"http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/cover/2002/jinx/main/"
Guest: John Van Auken
In today's world, people are turning more and more to the words of
ancient and renowned prophets such as, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, and the
Holy Mother, as she has appeared in visions over the years. John Van
Auken is an author and speaker on reincarnation, karma, and higher
consciousnes.
Website: "Http://www.edgarcayce.org/"

01/21/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Replay of Mel's Hole on 02/21/97, 02/24/97, and 04/24/00.
Mel, from rural eastern Washington has been putting his trash into a
9-foot wide hole located on his property, just like the previous owners.
There is a retaining wall around it and a steel door over the opening.
This hole has been used for decades to dispose of trash such as,
building supplies, dead cows, furniture, you name it. He noticed that
the hole never filled up. A few strange things about this hole, dogs
won't get near it, birds won't sit on the retaining
wall or door and there is no echo when you yell into it. Mel remembers
dropping a refrigerator down it and never hearing it touch bottom.

01/22/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Dean Koontz
Eight of his novels have risen to number one on the New York Times'
hardcover bestseller list (From the Corner of His Eye, Lightning,
Midnight, Cold Fire, Hideaway, Dragon Tears, Intensity, and Sole
Survivor), making him one of only a dozen writers ever to have achieved
that milestone. Eleven of his books have risen to the number one
position in paperback. His books have also been major bestsellers in
countries as diverse as Japan and Sweden. Now, in his new novel, ONE
DOOR AWAY FROM HEAVEN, Koontz again displays his astonishing ability to
entertain readers while exploring the larger questions of life through
his fiction.

01/23/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: George Zeiler
George Zeiler, Deputy International Director of MUFON, the world's
largest civilian UFO research organization, has the latest on his
investigation into Stan Romanek's UFO sighting.
Website: "Http://www.mufon.com/"

01/24/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: John A. Keel
For thirteen months from November 15, 1966 to December 15, 1967, the
town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia was gripped by a real-life
nightmare that culminated in a tragedy that made headlines around the
world. Strange occurrences and sightings, including a bizarre winged
apparition that became known as the Mothman, trouble this ordinary
American community. Mysterious lights were seen moving across the sky.
Domestic animals were found slaughtered and mutilated. Journalist John
A. Keel arrived on the scene to investigate the freakish events and soon
found himself to be an integral part of an eerie and unfathomable
mystery. The Mothman Prophecies is now a major motion picture starring
Richard Gere.

01/25/02 -Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
ABC:

Sun - 27th at 9pm - Movie: Stephen King’s Rose Red: Part 1 of 3 parts.
Mon - 28 at 9pm - Movie: Stephen King’s Rose Red: Part 2 of 3 parts.

***
UPN:

Tue - 22nd at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Bargaining

***
F/X:

Wed - 23rd at 8pm - X Files: X Cops
Wed - 23rd at 9pm - UFOs: The Best Evidence Ever Caught on Tape

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL:

Tue - 22nd at 9pm - Bermuda Triangle: Secrets Revealed

***
THE HISTORY CHANNEL:

Tue - 22nd at 11pm - History’s Mysteries: Ghost Ships

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Tue - 22nd at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Wed - 23rd at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Thu - 24 at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Fri - 25th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Sat - 26th at 8pm - New Ghostwriter
Sun - 27th at 8pm - Ghostwriter
Mon - 28tht at 8pm - New Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Tue - 22nd - Outer Limits; Skin Deep
Wed - 23rd at 8pm - Outer Limits: Breaking Point
Wed - 23rd at 9pm - Movie: House
Thu - 24th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Manifest Destiny
Fri - 25th at 9pm - The Chronicle: Tears of a Clone
Mon - 28th at 8pm- Outer Limits: Simon Says

***
PAX

Tue - 22nd at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Spark of Life
Fri - 25th at 9pm - Encounters With the Unexplained: Did the Red Sea
Part? / Who Are the Super Brain Kids?

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 25th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Fri - 25th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Wales
Sat - 26th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Wolfman, The Myth and the Science
Sat - 26th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutankhamun
Sun - 27th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Psychic Science
Sun - 27th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Wales

***
DISCOVERY SCIENCE:

Mon - 28th at 8pm - Science of the Impossible: Invisible Forces

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : ""http://www.sightings.com/""
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ("http://www.nightsearch.net")
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Broadcast the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm