Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Jan 27, 2002 12:09 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

All information contained in this newsletter is copyrighted and can not
editor.

01/29/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From The Editor
* Letters To The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

___________

FROM THE EDITOR
___________

We have received several emails from readers who had the same complaint
about the upcoming events section. It seems that they feel it is
becoming to long and repetitive. They feel that listing the details of
each event week after week was not necessary and made it hard to see any
new entries. I totally agree with them and think that we have solved the
problem.
Beginning with this issue we are only running a short piece about each
event. If you would like more detailed information about an upcoming
event you can visit Haunted-Places.com website. The URL for the events
page is: http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
I recently came upon a great website. This site offers a unique and
interesting service, the restoration and sale of antique pens! I realize
that this is not ghost related but everyone needs a great pen for
writing up their investigation results or as a special gift for that
special someone. Be sure to check out the Pentiques website at:
http://www.pentiques.com/index.htm

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________
We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghosthunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
From: Cathi at: virg-@flash.net

I look forward to your newsletter hitting my email box every week.
It is always informative & very very interesting. Your articles make
people think intelligently about the paranormal & such. We the readers
also appreciate the listings for paranormal programming we might have
missed if it was not for your newsletter.
I also have to say kudos' to you for the email response you gave a
writer who told you about sneaking in illegally to a site for
ghosthunting. The same thing happened to me where one of my favorite
places for EVP & video is now locked to the public due to amateur
ghosthunters holding ceremonies after midnight in this historic
graveyard. You now have to get written permission to get into it in the
daytime....it is now padlocked 24 hours a day.
Cathi
Website: "http://www.ghastlyghosthunter.com"

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From Cindy at: "QUINN-@aol.com"

The New England Paranormal Investigation Team is opening a ghost
museum/research center in Salem, CT. It will be in a healing arts
center. I am looking for contributions of paranormal photographs to use
in the museum. I am also asking writers to send a floor copy of their
book so that I can obtain orders.
Anyone submitting photographs will get credit for their work. I will
also strongly promote the authors that contact me. Salem, CT is an up
and coming area for the metaphysical arts and healing. This would
definitely be an opportunity for any author or ghosthunting group to get
publicity!
It will be at the discretion of N.E.P.I.T. to decide which photographs
are exhibited in the museum. Photographs that are already matted and
framed would be very much appreciated but are not absolutely necessary.
Interested parties should contact the Ghostlady at
"ghostl-@yahoo.com". Let's educate people and make this a success
for all of us! Thank you.

***
From the Colonel Taylor Inn B & B at: colta-@peoplepc.com

My husband & I recently bought a 9,000 sq ft Victorian mansion that we
have renovated & opened as a bed & breakfast inn,
"http://www.coltaylorinnbb.com" . We have two ghosts that we are aware
of & maybe more. Colonel Taylor walks the stairs and his lady floats
down them. They have been seen by guests and they rock our bed at times
in a way that cannot be duplicated by us - we have tried. You get cold
chills up the back of your neck when they are present. But they are
friendly ghosts just watching over us & their grand home like angels.

***
From SpookyPlaces at: spooky-@loosecanon.tv

The Spooky Places cast and crew will be working production in
Virginia City, NV from June 7th to the 14th. We are staying in Reno and
driving back and forth each day.
If anyone would like to contact us or perhaps meet us while
on location in Virginia City, NV please feel free.

***
From Don at: Spirith-@aol.com

We have had a speaker cancel for the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal
Conference scheduled for April 12th,13th and 14th. We can arrange the
schedule to have time slots open on Saturday Evening Sunday morning and
could do a spot for Sunday afternoon if need be. If any one is
interested in speaking at this conference please e-mail
Spirith-@aol.com for information.

From Tom at: Ramt-@aol.com

A select group of friends, who have been on numerous investigations
with me, are helping me start an organization in RI called "R.I.P."
(Rhode Island Paranormal).I know the name sounds amusing but, it is
fitting and we are serious. If your looking for more info on the group
or are interested in helping, e-mail me at ramt-@aol.com.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

More Fun for your Camcorder!
By John Weaver
During our most recent visit to Gettysburg, and before the all-too
familiar premature draining of the battery in my camcorder near Devil's
Den, I tried something different with the IR "Nightshot" feature: I
pointed it toward the sky. It was a crisp, clear evening and the stars
were brilliant - this brought out the old amateur astronomer in me, and
the view that Sony's Nightshot gives of the heavens is fascinating. Of
course, there's also an old UFO buff in me (Anyone who remembers NICAP
knows just how "old"!) and it got me thinking: This would be a great way
to view and of course film distant anomalous objects in the night sky.
Then, early in January I came across an article under the "Paranormal
News Headlines" section of one of the sites Kelly and I have written for
(paraseek.com) which details a Sony camcorder capturing UFO's near
Nashville, TN.
The article is written by one of the best UFO authors/researchers,
Linda Moulton Howe, and also includes still images and a realvideo clip.
On September 12, when the sky was clear of all air traffic due to the
terrorist attacks, a man named Ted Randall, the chief engineer at a
radio station, decided to try an experiment: Due to a series of strange
power outages at the station and the bizarre deaths of over 60 birds, he
and his sons began flashing powerful lights in the sky, suspecting there
may be a possible UFO connection. Their efforts proved successful, as
they recorded over 23 minutes of unidentified objects moving about in
patterns which clearly are not those of celestial objects, satellites or
conventional aircraft. Knowing so many of our members have Sony
Nightshot camcorders, here's another way to spend an evening if you tire
of stumbling thru graveyards! Of course, just like when ghosthunting, we
need to know what to look for - check out airplanes of all sizes to see
what they look like; also note that satellites can also be seen, but
they will maintain an unwavering, steady track across the sky. When you
see something which varies in movement (speed / direction) and/or
changes brightness and pulsates, record it!

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

The Selling of Mothman!
By Buck Wolf at: wol-@abcnews.com , Entertainment producer at
ABCNEWS.com
From ABCNEWS.com
All copyrights acknowledged

A 7-foot cattle-killer might fill Bigfoot's shoes as America's favorite
monster. Move over, Bigfoot. See ya, Sasquatch. America's new No. 1
monster this year is destined to be Mothman. The flying, blood-eyed,
7-foot-tall monster that once terrorized Point Pleasant, W.Va., chasing
cars and mutilating animals, is making a comeback. He's out to fill
Bigfoot's big shoes — especially at the cash register.
The Mothman Prophecies , starring Richard Gere, opens in theaters Jan.
25, and that might be the best thing in the paranormal tourism business
since the Loch Ness Monster backstroked to Scotland. Get ready for
Mothman Beanie Babies, T-shirts and Christmas ornaments. One West
Virginia man has already sold Sony Pictures on a Mothman Internet game.

'He's Our Monster'

"He's our monster, so we want to make money off him," says Hilda Austin,
executive director of the Point Pleasant Chamber of Commerce. "We don't
want anyone stealing our thunder." People used to run from ghosts. But
these days, people run to ghosts. Monsters are good for business, and if
your hotel is haunted, all the better.
Only a few years ago, The Blair Witch Project had folks flocking to
Burkittsville, Md., where the hit horror film is set. Local officials
complained that thrill-seekers were snatching up road signs and
vandalizing tombstones. The obsession reached such heights that the
mayor offered this exasperated message on her voice mail: "This is the
town office, Burkittsville, Maryland, … If this is in regards to The
Blair Witch Project , it is fiction." But Burkittsville, a tiny hamlet
of 200 people, wised up to the fast-buck mentality. Previously
unemployed locals quickly found a place in a burgeoning tourist
business, selling "witch-chaser" bags filled with smooth stones, garlic
cloves and lavender sprigs.
Now, Point Pleasant, an Appalachian town of 6,000 near the Ohio border,
is looking for an unlikely hero in the form of a huge, hideous moth.
That's pretty amazing, considering the legend. Between 1966 and 1967,
dozens of people came forward to claim they'd seen a giant man-bird with
red, hypnotic eyes. The first reports were from two young couples.
Almost immediately, others came forward. Authorities found it harder to
slough off each new monster sighting, and a media sensation was born.

Batman Inspires Mothman

The Batman TV show inspired a local newspaper copy editor to dub the
creature "Mothman." Had this come a few years later, the creature may
have been called "Big Bird," although a flying Bigfoot spotted on
Washington state's Mount Rainier has been dubbed "Batsquatch" (not
Batboy). Writer John A. Keel later speculated that the sightings might
even point to an alien visitation. His book, upon which the movie is
based, documents a rash of UFO reports, alleged poltergeist activities,
Men-in-Black harassments, unexplained animal slaughterings, and other
strange activity.
"There were so many unusual occurrences in a short, 13-month burst,"
says Loren Coleman, author of Mothman and Other Curious Encounters
(Paraview Press). "What's amazing is, if you speak to the people today,
their lives have changed. Some changed jobs. Some moved. Some got
divorced. "Whatever happened to these people, they were terrified."
The last time people saw Mothman was when Point Pleasant's Silver
Bridge collapsed on Dec. 15, 1967, killing 46 people. Some even say the
strange creature sounded a rodent-like squeal to warn of the disaster.
Even today, Mothman isn't a joke in Point Pleasant. But we all must come
to terms with the past. And now, the monster is fodder for local
souvenirs. "Let's face it, if we don't do it, someone else will," says
Austin. "We're the home of Mothman, and we're proud."

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

HAUNTED HAPPENINGS IN THE HOME MUSEUM
By: John Weaver
From The Capital Ghost Forums newsletter
Website at: http://community.pennlive.com/cc/capitalghostforum

Kelly is shown (photo in printed newsletter) holding a kepi once owned
by Confederate General Robert F. Hoke from North Carolina. This was
taken during a recent visit to our Lancaster County friend who owns the
outstanding Civil War collection which has produced a great number of
anomalous photos, video and EVP. Several notable events surrounded this
most recent visit First was the kepi itself: When asked to hold it and
give her impressions, Kelly's immediate reaction was "Ow! Ow! Ow!" I
glanced at our host and saw a look of amazement on his face. He then
interjected, explaining that Gen. Hoke wore it for the last time on the
day he was wounded in the arm near Fredericksburg in 1863. After
recuperating in a private home, he left his hat behind. The family who
owned that home were in possession of the kepi for many years until it
was sold to another collector, and ultimately, our friend.
Having previously captured some good orb activity with the Nightshot
video, Kelly and the owner's son wanted to try this again. They sat at a
table in the most "active" part of the basement/museum while the camera
was left running on a tripod. The owner and I went upstairs, turning out
the lights and left them in total darkness for about 20 minutes. Later,
they both reported that the room sporadically changed from "pitch black"
to "brighter" several times. Since this happened several times, it was
not just a matter of one's eyes becoming more acclimated to the dark
environment. A review of the IR video actually confirms these variations
of light in this darkened room with windows or light sources other than
those in the ceiling and display cases, which of course were not on.
After they came upstairs, I left the camera recording for yet another 30
minutes, and variations again were seen! (While I have taken them, EMF
readings here, due to the numerous power sources in the basement, are
essentially useless) We have never experienced this "light-dark" effect
before, and welcome any comments from other group members, especially
those with Nightshot camcorders.
The owners also shared a story of how, when on vacation, their security
system had been triggered showing the presence of "Someone" in the first
floor kitchen/den area. There are motion detectors throughout the first
floor that sound the alert to any intrusion - it is a sophisticated,
professional system. Of course, investigation revealed absolutely no
evidence of entry! (The owner's son has reportedly "seen" a ghostly
woman in this part of the home) As for the very active basement/museum,
it can only be reached via the first floor (no outside access) and this
area does not have the same sensors. However, at one time, Kelly and I
loaned them our Radio Shack motion detector... sure enough, it went off
-more than once - in the basement!
A final note about our visit: On this night, Kelly was presented with a
unique gift from our friend: A CDV (Carte de Visite - essentially a
"Calling Card" with the person's photo) of a Union Officer. What made
this special is that it is the image of Captain John B. Dibeler of Co.
B, 45th PA Infantry - Kelly's ancestor! It is signed on the back, and
the resemblance of Capt. Dibeler to Kelly's Grandfather, Father and
other relatives is unmistakable. We too had a gift to present: I had
done a portrait of Capt. Dibeler's CO - Gen. Welsh (who's trunk produces
EVP). For Kelly, though, receiving this incredible connection with her
past made this a very memorable holiday and we cannot thank our friend
enough!

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From: Patty at: pine-@pennswoods.net"

I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a paranormal research group working
in the State College or Somerset PA areas? If so please contact me at:
pine-@pennswoods.net".

***
From : Anst-@aol.com

I am very interested in the paranormal and have been for a number of
years. Does anybody know of any ghost hunting organizations in the
Western Washington area? Any information would be very useful. Please
e-mail me.

***
From: BB at: bbbl-@iowatelecom.net

Does anyone know of any upcoming events in the Omaha, NE area or Iowa?
Any lectures or anything to do w/ the paranormal.

***
My name is Susan Smitten, and I'm a writer for Lone Pine Publishing. I
am currently in the research stage of a book titled Ghost Stories of
Oregon; it's the 17th volume in Lone Pine's series of true ghost stories
set in particular regions of North America. While virtually scouring the
countryside for supernatural tales and folk stories of the state, it has
occurred to me that the custodians of the past - institutions such as
local historical societies and museums -might possess rich resources for
this kind of investigation and be able to provide valuable information,
contacts and actual stories.
If there are any famous folktales or ghostly legends in your community,
I would love to hear from you. I can be e-mailed at "mez-@telus.net" .
I am interested in reference material of any kind: already published
works, contact information for individuals who have had first-hand
paranormal experience or accounts of your own. I guarantee anonymity to
any persons who would rather not have their names mentioned in the
upcoming volume.
I realize that we're getting into a busy holiday season, but if you
could find a few minutes to send on any information that you think would
help to make this a top quality collection of stories, I would very much
appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

***
It has come to our attention that one of our writers, Susan Smitten,
has gotten in touch with your newsletter about her “Ghost Stories of
Oregon” project. There are two other volumes currently in the works
“Ghost Stories of Ohio“ and “Ghost Stories of Pennsylvania“.
Contact for these two projects would be at
"edit-@lonepinepublishing.com". The mailing address for the central
office is Lone Pine Publishing, 10145-81 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T6E 1W9. Or
we can be reached at our toll free number, 1-800-661-9017.
Thank you for your time,
Dan Asfar and Edrick Thay

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Jodie at: suga-@msn.com

I would have to say it was late 1991, when I moved into what I later
knew as Buella Pruett's home. I rented the place from her son, who
wasn't exactly normal, after everything was over, only then, did I
realize, he did some pretty strange things.
I didn't think too much of it, till this scratching sound started on
the ceiling, right above my head. When I would get up to go look for the
source, it would stop right before I got to the top of the stairs. I
know this happened at LEAST 10 times, in a matter of 20 minutes. Every
day of every week. The story finally reached me, a year after I moved
out of "the house" of horrors.   Years before Buella Pruett (may not be
correct spelling) was brutally murdered and left in a ditch, just
outside of town, not more than 2 miles from her home. All her furniture
remains in the house, as it was when she was there, and after that, her
son , then me. It pretty much stayed the same. Little did I know, I had
moved into "fright nite". Everyone in the town, has heard the legendary
story of this homicidal son (story goes the woman was raped repeatedly)
and hacked up in such a brutal way, no one could figure what happened, I
finally moved to 10 miles away .

***
From Beth at: bmk-@hotmail.com

I want to tell you of an experience my grandparents, and my aunt and
uncles had, I don't remember what state they were in but they used to
travel a whole lot when my mom and aunts and uncles were young.
They were at a campground, it was an old Indian burial ground, and they
decided that they would have a seance. They all sat around a fire that
was at least 10 feet tall. It was a clear night and no wind was blowing.
They asked "If there are any spirits here, let us know" all of a sudden,
the fire went completely out. When my grandfather opened his eyes he was
the only one sitting there.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
JANUARY 2002:

Ghost Hunting Courses at Lexington Community College in Lexington,
Kentucky
Taught by Patti Starr, Certified Ghost Hunter, President, Ghost Chasers
International.
Email: holly-@qx.net

All "Introductory to Ghost Hunting" classes are held on four Monday
nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost $39.00:
First Class: January 21 - February 11
Second Class: February 18 - March 11
Third Class: March 18 - April 8
Fourth Class: April 15 - May 6
Fifth Class: May 13 - June 3
All "Advances Ghost Hunting" classes include three field trips of ghost
hunting which are held on six Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8:30 and cost
$99.00 (prerequisite: Introductory to Ghost Hunting):
First Class: January 23 - February 27
Second Class: April 17 - May 22
Third Class: June 12 - July 17
These classes fill up pretty quick so you might want to consider making
your reservations early.
On-line registration - "http://www.uky.edu/LCC/CCP"
Phone registration - (859) 257-4426 X4426
Mail Registration - LCC Continuing Education, 2659 Regency Rd., Suite
114,Lexington, Kentucky 40503

 If you are interested in a weekend course which combines the Intro and
Advance classes into one weekend event you can send email to:
"holly-@qx.net" for more information. This is an excellent course for
out-of-town and out-of-state students that would like to come in for a
weekend to take these courses.

***
FEBRUARY 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lectures.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

Feb. 7th - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Blackwood Public Library, Blackwood, NJ
15 W. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
856-228-0022

Feb. 2nd - 7pm - Free lecture with photos, EVPs and video.
Bellmawr Public Library, Bellmawr, NJ
21 E. Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031
856-933-1319

***
ANNUAL "DEAD OF WINTER" EVENT 2002
Saturday, February 23 - 1:00 PM
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street - Alton, Illinois - 62002
For reservations call 1-888-GHOSTLY or use the form at:
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/winter.html"

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:

BORDERS BOOKS - February 16 - Dekalb, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 19 - Orland Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 26- Oak Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 27 - Highland, Indiana - 7:30 PM

***
MARCH 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
March 9th
$35.00 per person.
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Weir
by Conor McPherson

Runs Friday through Sunday, to March 10, 2002
at Ensemble Theatre - Cleveland, Ohio (3130 Mayfield Rd., in the west
wing The Civic East of the corner of Lee and Mayfield)
Preview: $13, Fridays & Saturdays $17, Sundays $15 ($2 off for
Students/Seniors)
Phone: (216) 321-2930, email: ensembl-@aol.com"

In a small rural bar in part of present-day Ireland, local men swap
spooky stories to impress a young woman from Dublin who has recently
moved into the local "haunted house". The tables are soon turned when
she spins a mesmerizing yarn of her own.

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:
BORDERS BOOKS - March 13 - Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Dale
Kaczmarek
BORDERS BOOKS - March 9 - Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 16 - Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 23 - Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 30 - Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
March 23rd - First ghost hunt for 2002.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
Rick Fisher of the Pennsylvania Ghost Hunters Society is hosting the
first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference.
For more information call Rick Fisher at (717) 871-8610 or to make your
reservation call the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141.

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
MAY 2002:

Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com
***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weatherFree
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
OCTOBER 2002:
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

01/27/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Curt Sutherly
Sutherly is a professional journalist with more than thirty years'
experience investigating UFOs and paranormal phenomena. His articles
have been published in a variety of magazines, including FATE, Strange
Magazine, and Psychic World.

01/28/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: John Hutchinson
Canadian inventor John Hutchinson uses Tesla's inventions to create his
high voltage anti-gravity lift, plus he has amazing crystal energy
generators that run on zero point energy, and more.
Related Page: "hutch.html"
Website:
"http://web.archive.org/web/20010610112240/www.e-webpagedesignsolutions.com/default.htm"

01/29/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Mel Waters
The saga of the "Bottomless Hole" continues. Mel is back!

01/30/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: Eugene Linden
Eugene Linden is an award-winning writer on science, nature, and the
environment, whose articles have appeared in many publications,
including Time magazine, National Geographic, and The New York Times.

01/31/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Jan Lamprecht
A scientific examination of the possibility Earth, Mercury, and Venus
are hollow. Born in Zimbabwe, now living in Johannesburg, South Africa,
Jan Lamprecht has been involved with computer programming, consulting,
etc., for the last 19 years. He has had an intense interest in offbeat
subjects such as UFOs, etc., since his teenage years. His book, Hollow
Planets was published in July 1999. He is currently working on a
follow-up book which will concentrate on many Arctic mysteries and
issues which have been long ignored.
Website: "http://www.HollowPlanets.com"

02/01/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
ABC FAM:
Wed - 30th at 10:30pm - Unlocking Rose Red: The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer

***
ABC:
Thu - 31st at 9pm - Movie: Stephen King’s Rose Red: Part 3 of 3 parts.

***
UPN:
Tue - 29th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):
Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:
Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Tue - 29th - Outer Limits: Glitch
Wed - 30th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Something About Harry
Wed - 23rd at 9pm - Movie: House
Thu - 31st at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Grid
Fri - 1st at 9pm - The Chronicle: I See Fat Dead People
Sun - 3rd at 8pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards: Celebrity Spotlight

Mon - 4th at 8pm- Outer Limits: down to Earth

***
PAX:
Tue - 29th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: One of Us
Sat - 2nd at 10pm - Mysterious Ways: A Time for Every Purpose
***
DISCOVERY:
Thu - 31st at 8pm - America’s Haunted Houses
Thu - 31st at 9pm - Secrets of Levitation

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:
Fri - 1st at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of England
Fri - 1st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Night Visitors
Sat - 2nd at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sat - 2nd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Ghosthunters
Sun - 3rd at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of England
Sun - 3rd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Night Visitors

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:
Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
The Bell Witch and Other Paranormal Mysteries
The NightSearch Paranormal Network ( http://www.nightsearch.net )
Host: Pat Fitzhugh, Noted author and researcher
Broadcast the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
9P-10P ET / 8P-9P CT

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/

Listen at: http://www.pawebcast.cc/visions.htm