Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Feb 10, 2002 10:16 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

All information contained in this newsletter is copyrighted and can not
editor.

02/12/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* Letters To The Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* In The News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghosthunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

***
and what did you think of it?”:

From: Brenda at: BreK-@aol.com

Hello,
I enjoyed the movie, but was disappointed that the Mothman was never
shown, you never did actually see him.
Thanks, Brenda

***
From Amy at: tig-@merr.com

I just saw that movie last night, and I thought it was pretty good. I
actually got chills a couple of times.

***
From warr-@cwnet.com

Yes....I did see that movie and thought it was excellent!!!!
It sure did live up to the ads and then some! I enjoyed it SO MUCH I
went out and bought the book by John Keel.
I'd recommend the movie to anyone who enjoys a good thriller!
But be careful not to spill your Pop Corn!!!!

***
From The Western Pa. Ghost Hunters at: SpiritSe-@aol.com

We saw it. I think if you have an open mind, it is a great movie. For
people who are closed minded to begin with, they shouldn't waste their
time because they will just sit and overanalyze the whole thing.
We found it very intriguing. The only question I have is was it ALL
based on fact, or was a lot of it simply interpreted? My sister found
some information on what was a Mothman sighting several years ago near
here where we live in Western PA. I don't know if it lived up to the
hype, I didn't see an overabundance of advertising. I thought that it
gave us all something to think about. It made you think of how you live
and how much of what happens to you happens for a reason...Fate.
We enjoyed it and thought, at worst, it was very entertaining, kept us
at the edge of our seats and the bridge effects at the end were great!
Lori and Jim Jessup
Andrea and John Pinigis

***
And this letter from Sandra at: wahn-@yahoo.com ,is in response to
last week’s letter from Zafar.

Hi,
While I do not disagree with Zafar about the knowledge held by the
people in the east, I have to point out that not all people can be
covered by his blanket statement. I am Native American, and my people
have retained our traditions and beliefs; from the time I
was a small girl, I was taught about other realms. What is now
paranormal or supernatural was normal and natural to us; society has
trained most people to be analytical.
I look forward to his viewpoints, but I'm quite certain that much of
what he has to say will not be new or surprising to me as my people keep
our knowledge alive as well.
I know that other ethnicities can say likewise. So my point in
responding is to remind you not to be so quick to make or accept
generic, blanket statements about regions when whole cultures still
thrive in them.
Thank you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
From SpookyPlaces at: spooky-@loosecanon.tv

The Spooky Places cast and crew will be working production in
Virginia City, NV from June 7th to the 14th. We are staying in Reno and
driving back and forth each day.
If anyone would like to contact us or perhaps meet us while
on location in Virginia City, NV please feel free.

***
From Troy Taylor at:ttay-@prairieghosts.com

CONFERENCE IS FILLING UP!
I know that you're thinking this must be impossible as the conference
only opened to the public Feb. 4th, but as of this morning the entire
event was almost (but not quite) half-filled! It's amazing and is even
quicker than we expected so if you are thinking about attending this
year, you are not going to want to wait!
As of Feb 5th, we DO still have seats available for the following:
- general conference admission
- limited seats for the Thursday night "Spirits of the Civil War" Tour
- good seating for the Friday night "Spirits of the Civil War" Tour
- limited seating for the Friday night "Spirit Photos" workshop
But these seats will NOT last, so make your plans to come to the event
now! As we have been saying all along, there are scores of imitators out
there, but this is the "original" ghost conference and
we are heading for another sold out event! Call us today at
1-888-446-7859 or get registered on-line at
"http://www.prairieghosts.com"

***
From Pat Fitzhugh at: pa-@nashville.com

The Bell Witch Web Site at "http://www.bellwitch.org" recently
underwent an update. There is lots of new information, pictures, and
sections on the updated site, including a FAQ section and message board.

***
Also from Pat Fitzhugh at: pa-@nashville.com

On January 7th, the Armand Press released the electronic version of
"Our Family Trouble," a manuscript dealing with the Bell Witch and
penned in 1846 by a member of the Bell family and eyewitness. The
manuscript first appeared publicly in a book written by Martin Ingram in
1894, and offers a chilling, first-hand account of the entity. The
Armand Press electronic reprint includes the manuscript, drawings, and a
foreword written by author/researcher Pat Fitzhugh. The electronic
reprint is available in Adobe PDF format ($4US) and may be downloaded
from "http://www.armandpress.com/new_releases.htm". A release-date for
the paperback version has not been set.

***
Exciting news from Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

I'm very excited to tell you that I will be working with the Iron
Kettle restaurant (where our haunted dining event for the welcome dinner
will take place during our 2002 April conference) this weekend.
We will be filming footage there on Friday then off to New York on
Sunday. We will be doing a taping for the Sally Jesse Raphael show.
An article was written about my services and the haunted Iron Kettle by
the NewHouse News Corp, which went out to over 100 newspapers around the
country in 1999!!!!!!
We think the producers clipped this article and are now getting around
to us. Needless to say Jake Beshore the Kettle's owner, is like a
Mexican jumping bean!

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

THE GHOST OF CHAPEL HILL
Pat Fitzhugh, Feature Writer

The nightly Birmingham-Nashville train chugged slowly through the
sleepy town of Chapel Hill, about 60 miles from Nashville, as the
brakeman prepared to switch onto a siding just north of town to meet an
approaching southbound. He got the train onto the siding and the
southbound rumbled by five minutes later.
The train's vibration caused the brakeman to lose his footing in the
trackside gravel. His head and neck area landed on the rail just beneath
the passing train. The sound of an apparent scream--silenced abruptly by
a one, modest "thump"--blended so perfectly with the clacking of the
rails that nobody realized what happened.
Several minutes after the southbound had passed, the engineer, curious
as to why he had not been given a signal to proceed, went out into the
bitter-cold night to find the brakeman. After calling the brakeman's
name several times to no avail, the engineer noticed the brakeman's
lantern in the distance, still burning brightly. He noticed that it
seemed to be moving in an erratic pattern--and away from him--as he
walked towards it. Puzzled, he once again called out for the brakeman.
No answer. A smoke-like mist slowly began to form where he first saw the
lantern, so he assumed that the brakeman was just "having a smoke" and
didn't want to be bothered. It was not long until the engineer
discovered the bloody truth: the mist was steam--rising into the cold
night air--from the brakeman's freshly-severed body. After saying a
short prayer, the engineer noticed the faint glow of a lantern far off
in the distance, swinging up and down and side to side as if the
decapitated brakeman was searching for his head. He yelled repeatedly.
No answer. Today, the track is still one of the busiest routes in the
southeast.
The number of train accidents and fatal car crashes at the site of the
old siding readily attest to it. But that's not all there is in Chapel
Hill, Tennessee. It is said that one can visit the tracks late at night
and see the faint lantern making its way slowly and erratically down the
track. It becomes brighter as it approaches, sometimes as close as
fifteen feet, but disappears after a short while--only to reappear
farther down the track.
Whether this is really the brakeman looking for his head, nobody knows;
however, one thing is for sure--the moving light is real. I have an
actual video tape of it. Want to see? If you have RealPlayer, simply
click here ("http://www.bellwitch.org/chapel.htm") to see a little diddy
I put together.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Brandy at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us

DEBUNKING SEEING WITHOUT SITE
A Russian girl accepts James Randi's $1 million challenge to prove she
has paranormal powers
By Leon Jaroff
All copyrights acknowledged

Ashen-faced and weeping, ten-year-old Natalia Lulova sat dejectedly
in a Manhattan law office last week while her mother stroked her hair,
consoling her. Natalia, who with her family emigrated from Russia
three years ago and now lives in Brooklyn, had just failed to win a
million dollar prize offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation
to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal, supernatural or occult power.
It was still another of the seemingly endless setbacks to purveyors of
the paranormal.
Natalia's claim, put forth by her lawyer, was that she could both read
and discern colors while blindfolded. How? By sheer mental perception.
She had willingly submitted to the Million Dollar Challenge, a test
proposed by investigator James Randi and agreed to by her lawyer and by
her coach, Mark Komissarov, a Russian chemical engineer and expatriate
who now specializes in teaching pupils to develop what he considers to
be their innate paranormal powers.
While video cameras rolled, Natalia's mother covered her daughter's
eyes, first with black duct tape, and later with a black, sponge rubber
blindfold. During the nearly hour-long "warmup" period that followed,her
coach, occasionally speaking to her in Russian, passed a series of
cards, each imprinted with a simple word, and sheets of colored paper in
front of her. Natalia strained, turning her head from side to side,
tilting it forward, grimacing, contorting her face, occasionally rubbing
her chin against one shoulder or the other, and calling out words and
colors.
Finally, she pronounced herself ready. How many of the ten words
would she recognize, she was asked. "All ten," she said confidently, and
then proceeded to do so, as well as correctly identifying the colors of
paper sheets passed in front of her face. As the blindfold was removed,
Natalia could not hide a triumphant smile. A miracle? Not so fast.
Now it was Randi's turn to test. He outfitted Natalia with a pair of
swimmer's goggles, the lenses blocked by sponge rubber and aluminum
foil, and asked Komissarov again to demonstrate his pupil's talents.
After another warmup, and under close scrutiny by Randi, Natalia was
successful once more. Undaunted, Randi placed duct tape around the edges
of the blindfold, taking care to place an extra strip across the bridge
of Natalia's nose. "Please speak only in English," he admonished both
coach and pupil, "and Natalia, please do not rub or pull on your face"
(actions that Randi knew were intended to loosen the masking tape).
Suddenly, Natalia's powers vanished. Time and again, she flubbed her
identifications of words and colors. After more than an hour, her lawyer
conceded defeat.
Randi's explanation of Natalia's earlier success was simple. He had
noticed an unusual concavity in the bridge of her nose and discerned,
from the sideways turning of her head, that she was using her right eye
to look left or the left eye to look right through tiny, hairline gaps
between the blindfold and her distinctive nose. By placing duct tape
over the bridge, he had, so to speak, unmasked Natalia's (and
Komissarov's) deception.
For many years, as a master debunker of the paranormal, Randi had
offered $1,000 and then $10,000 to anyone who could, in a test agreed
upon by both Randi and the challenger, prove supernatural powers. But
five years ago, a wealthy Internet entrepreneur and admirer of Randi
called and said, in effect, "Ten thousand simply doesn't cut it these
days." He promptly dispatched a million dollars to Randi's foundation,
which purchased negotiable bonds and placed them in a special account
where they await the first successful challenger. It promises to be a
long wait.
Most of the challengers to date have been minor players in the world of
the paranormal: a nurse who practices therapeutic touch, assorted
dowsers, medical quacks and psychic readers. All have failed. But
despite Randi's specific challenge to several of the big guns, none has
risked being exposed. Among those who have refused are Israeli
psychic Uri Geller, French chemist and mystical homeopathy buff Jacques
Benveniste, "Crossing Over" host John Edward and University of Arizona
scientist Gary Schwartz, who claims to have validated Edward's claims
that he hears from the dead. Noted psychic Sylvia Browne, who months ago
brashly promised on the Larry King show that she would indeed take the
Million Dollar Challenge, has since avoided Randi's calls and has yet to
be heard from.
What are they afraid of? Charlatans, fakirs, mystics, and dreamers
alike, they are all too aware that James Randi's meticulously-devised
tests can destroy their reputations, such as they are, and make fools of
them all.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
From Jamie at: ghos-@yahoo.com

Editor’s note: It was really great to receive this because it ties into
this week’s feature article!

I had heard stories of the Chapel Hill Ghost light as I was growing up
in middle Tennessee. I have known a couple of people who
have seen the light and heard it was even in the news a few times years
ago.
Nobody really knows what causes it or how it came to be. Its a light
that floats along the railroad tracks behind the Durango boot factory
that runs north/south beside Hwy 31. Stories of sightings are much like
other famous ghost lights a light that mysteriously comes out of nowhere
with no apparent source that can blink in and out and even pass through
objects and at least once passed through a person. In all the years I
lived near there I never went to check out the story.
My brother's wife Donna reported seeing it once and I remember a guy
named Chris, from the youth group I was part of while growing up, that
said he had seen it several times. There are the typical
stories that it was some railroad employee, who fell asleep and had his
head cut off by a train, walking along with a lantern looking for his
head. I don’t believe that has anything to do with anything, other than
urban legend, but the light does exist and the stories are attempts to
explain what defies explanation.
On my last trip to Tennessee, this Christmas, to visit my relatives I
decided on a whim that I wanted to see this ghost light late one night.
I don't remember the exact date but it was the week of Christmas. I
believe it was Wednesday. I could not find anyone to go with me so as
usual, I went alone. This is not the ideal situation for ghost hunting
because their would be no witnesses to verify what I saw and nobody to
help if something went wrong. Yet I wanted to go and as my time was
short I was determined even to face the unknown alone if I must.
I went to find the spot along behind the factory. On both sides of
the factory a short distance down the main highway there are side roads
that cut under the railroad tracks. I tried both sides of the factory
and at first I saw nothing in both places other than house lights and
signal lights. Those lights were motionless and easy to tell were from a
natural source.
I got cold and almost gave up near midnight. I decided to take one more
look at the north section of tracks. I even went as far as
walking down the tracks behind the factory to no avail. I got back to
the trestle and stood for a while and then I saw a light I had not seen
before. It was some distance from me too far for the range of my camera.
It was off to the right of the tracks in a location semi wooded with no
houses or other sources of artificial light. I was trying to figure out
what it was. A few seconds later I saw the light move off farther to the
right of the tracks and disappear. It was fairly bright and somewhat
yellowish in color. I cant be certain what caused the mysterious light
to appear, but I believe what I saw was the ghost light of Chapel Hill.

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the March Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Jennifer at: quiet-@yahoo.com

Hi,
I and my husband are very interested in the paranormal and are tired of
getting “the look” whenever we try to discuss it with someone. Are
there any groups in the Coeur d"Alene, Id. - Spokane, Wa. area? Or even
just someone else to talk to or e-mail?
Thanks

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

Greetings,
I'd like to submit this true experience for your approval and possible
inclusion in an upcoming newsletter. I know it's true because it
happened to me, just outside of Madison, WI in August 1998.
Thank you,
L. J. Jones, Madison Ghostseekers Society
"http://hometown.aol.com/ssofsky/MGSindex.html"

Recollections in the Aftermath of the New Dawn of Tradition Pow Wow
By L. J. Jones

You know how it is sometimes, when you get so wrapped up in certain
aspects of your life that you forget about some of the others? This is
perhaps why I filed this one in the back of my mind, forever forgotten.
Ahhh, but occasionally, a special set of circumstances stir the old
cobwebs, they set old memories into motion, they renew old experiences.
This is how it was this past Christmas; I asked for books and got them I
did...Wisconsin history...running the gamut of time even to before the
'long knives' made their presence known here. When I was reading the
preface of Patty Loew's new book, 'Indian Nations of Wisconsin', I noted
a reference to a, 'New Dawn of Tradition Pow Wow'.
When I realized how closely the circumstances paralleled one held a few
years ago quite near my home. I decided that they must be one in the
same! I never went to this pow wow, despite the fact that I lived quite
close. I was aware that it was going on and that there were some special
circumstances involved. But, beyond that nothing. I wasn't even aware
that it had a name till I saw it in the book!
My daily bicycle commute took me past the curve, heading out of Madison
on Portage Road. From this curve I had a commanding view of what
appeared to be the epicenter of the pow wow. I remembered how the tents
showed up, just a few of them at first but the next day their number had
grown tremendously.
Sometimes we just gotta chalk some things up to synchronicity. After
all, it is the Christmas season, if you can't believe in miracles then,
when can you? In my exuberance, I wrote an e-mail to Loew.
In a mad dash to make known the elements, thinking that this matter was
of dire interest to some elder or some tribal holy man of some sort.
I've a lot to learn yet. In my haste to notify, I'm sure, I left stones
unturned. This is my attempt to turn those unturned stones and these are
my recollections of the Monday morning following the 'New Dawn of
Tradition Pow Wow' - - -

It doesn't take long for that city feeling to disappear. Just a few
cranks of the pedals and you're making that move that puts you in a
decidedly more rural locale. Going gets semi-tough heading up the hill
towards the pig farm. It's easy to tell you're still close to the city
as you pass the modern Jehovah's Witness building but other than that
there was nothing but the two farms set on opposite sides of the road at
the crest of the hill.
With the aid of gravity, the ride down is much easier. Passing a Bed &
Breakfast, with an attached horse, llama, ostrich farmette, as I have
seen it in it's various incarnations. The landscape suddenly gives way
to a view of the swampland to the west, all the way to Highway 51 with
it's tiny cars passing.
A quick turn, east over the Interstate brings you to another curve. It
is on this curve that a mundane Monday commute turned into, what I
believe was a step into Indigenous Spirituality. Whether it was the
effect of a collective consciousness or that of a religious rite; I have
a difficult time accepting what I saw as a normal meteorological event.
As I was taking the turn to head north, towards Pumpkin Hollow School;
I was greeted with a view of heavy fog in the cornfield to the east.
This struck me as quite odd since just moments before I was able to make
out cars on Highway 51 across a good sized expanse of swamp. In fact,
there wasn't the least hint of fog. Thinking fog should be more
prevalent over a swampy area, I stopped my bike to get a better look and
to ponder the situation.
From the edge of the road and facing southeast, one has Pumpkin Hollow
to their back. Looking down the hillside the American Family grounds
seemed as in a valley, even though the cornfield still continues after
the incline levels. Beyond that are the AmFam grounds proper. To the
right, a little strip of trees come out to partially obscure the pow wow
area.
Odd as the fog seemed, it seemed that much more so when I observed the
source of this fog. Just to the left of that strip of trees and beyond,
near the spot where on the preceding Thursday, I had seen the first
signs of this pow wow. This was not your general fog that roils up from
an expanse of grass; no, this was looking like, for all intents and
purposes, a large bonfire. Only thing is, there was no fire, if there
was, I would have smelled it! I watched as the plume of fog rose but
without fail it would only rise a foot or two off the ground before
heading back to the ground. From there it would travel north-northwest
along the ground in an ever widening path almost as if there were a wind
at that two to three foot level that would barely have any effect at
ground level. This wind would have had to have been very localized as I
felt not even the least little bit of wind from where I was!
As I mentioned before, I was on my way to work. Spending that five or
six minutes watching this put me at the point that I had to get going. I
turned to continue on my commute all I could see was a thick fog where
there had minutes earlier been none. In the field just west of Portage
Road the fog hung close to the ground but here in the road ahead of me
it was like a curtain extending possibly eight to ten feet high. Riding
in fog like this, the type that leaves you in an existential world,
devoid of any outside noise and without the old familiar landmarks, was
odd enough. I had passed the school bus stop warning light, which can
typically be seen from quite some distance. I hadn't seen it this day
until I was ten or fifteen feet away from it. But when I climbed the
short hill leading up to the Lutheran church, I rode into clear
conditions with the light of the new dawn streaming through the trees!
From this section of road one has a pretty good view of Pumpkin Hollow.
But this day, it was like I was in the mountains looking down on the
white cloud tops. Although, it appeared most of Pumpkin Hollow was
enveloped, it was clear that the fog was more concentrated along the
eastern edge of the valley and leading towards Token Creek Park.
Riding to the next intersection, my commute would take me west on
Reiner Road and right back into the fog. Reiner Road drops thirty or
forty feet back down in to Pumpkin Hollow, I encountered the fog before
I hit the bottom. When I made it to the bottom of the hill, I was
greeted with yet one more surprise. Suddenly, I found myself a good five
feet below the fog. This, of course, I found quite odd as it's always
been my understanding, my observation, fog travels on the ground, not
above it.
Just ahead, cruising the slow rise that leads to the bridge over the
Interstate, I found myself, once again, entering the fog. Only this time
I was approaching it from below! Passing over the bridge and looking
down on the Interstate it was apparent the tops of the semi-trailers
were still a good fifteen feet below the fog. As I rode down the incline
on the western side of this bridge, I exited the fog to have it over my
head once again. It would remain this way until, I again, started to
climb out of the valley near Highway 51.
As I turned up 51 for the last leg of my commute, I was once again
above the fog. I couldn't help but notice there was no fog at all in the
cornfield to my right. Extremely odd considering, just moments earlier
there was plenty of the stuff at the same elevation!
Although, this would be my last encounter with the fog that day, I
would meet up with similar conditions for the following two mornings but
each less intense than the preceding day.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
ANNUAL "DEAD OF WINTER" EVENT 2002
Saturday, February 23 - 1:00 PM
History & Hauntings Book Co.
515 East Third Street - Alton, Illinois - 62002
For reservations call 1-888-GHOSTLY or use the form at:
"https://www.prairieghosts.com/winter.html"

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:

BORDERS BOOKS - February 16 - Dekalb, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 19 - Orland Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 26- Oak Park, Illinois - 7:30 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - February 27 - Highland, Indiana - 7:30 PM

***
MARCH 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

Mar. 8th at - 7:30pm - Free lecture with photo displays, EVPs and video.

Wenonah Historical Society
Call Vicki McCall at 856-589-2774 for info

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
March 9th
$35.00 per person.
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Weir
by Conor McPherson

Runs Friday through Sunday, to March 10, 2002
at Ensemble Theatre - Cleveland, Ohio (3130 Mayfield Rd., in the west
wing The Civic East of the corner of Lee and Mayfield)
Preview: $13, Fridays & Saturdays $17, Sundays $15 ($2 off for
Students/Seniors)
Phone: (216) 321-2930, email: ensembl-@aol.com"

In a small rural bar in part of present-day Ireland, local men swap
spooky stories to impress a young woman from Dublin who has recently
moved into the local "haunted house". The tables are soon turned when
she spins a mesmerizing yarn of her own.

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:
BORDERS BOOKS - March 13 - Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Dale
Kaczmarek
BORDERS BOOKS - March 9 - Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 16 - Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 23 - Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 30 - Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
March 23rd - First ghost hunt for 2002.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
April UFO, Bigfoot and Ghost Conference
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13, 2002. It is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and will feature
lectures on UFO's and Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania as well as
ghosts. This one day event is $85.00 per person plus tax and includes
admission to the conference, lunch and a walking ghost tour.
Investigation of a haunted site for the first 25 people who register.
Seating is limited to 70 people and reservations are required by calling
the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141. Registration begins at 8:15 AM
Saturday, April 13 and conference begins at 9:00 AM. This event will be
held at the Historic Railroad House Restaurant Bed & Breakfast in
Marietta, Pennsylvania.
Located on the corners of Front & Perry Streets. Guest speakers include
Stan Gordon, Eric Altman, Rick Fisher and Karl Silvius. Other speakers
to be announced. For more information contact Rick Fisher or go the PGHS
website at "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/para.html"

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
MAY 2002:

Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com
***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
OCTOBER 2002:
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

02/10/02 - Sun/Mon
Host: George Noory
Guest: Craig S. Martin
Shasta Supernatural Investigators was founded in 1979 by Nationally
recognized Demonologist, Craig S. Martin, in Redding, California. As
such, he is one of only a handful of authorities involved in the
examination and investigation of Inhuman Spirit Phenomena in the world
today. Mr. Martin started his examination into the Spirit Realm in 1973
while involved in the study of Necromancy (Using Spirits to assist
people in Pagan and Occult Practices ). In 1979 he was ordained into the
Priesthood (Christian) and began vigorously to help those who complained
of Spirit hauntings that were causing harm to people, animals, and
property.
Website: "http://www.thespiritrealm.com"

02/11/02 - Mon/Tue
Guest: Dr. Janis Amatuzio
Dr. Janis Amatuzio explores the mysterious realm of visions,
experiences, and communications experienced by families at the threshold
of the deaths of their loved ones. Dr. Amatuzio, often called "the
compassionate coroner", is an exemplar for the compassionate practice of
forensic medicine. As someone whose life 's work has been speaking for
the deceased, she has now also provided a voice for family and friends
by allowing their stories to be heard in her new book, Forever Ours.
Website: "http://www.foreverours.com/"

02/12/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Harry Braun
Harry Braun, author of The Phoenix Project, has documented an
alternative strategy that will fundamentally resolve the complex and
interrelated global energy and environmental problems. Braun proposes to
shift investments from oil, natural gas, coal, and nuclear fuels to
renewable hydrogen systems that are inexhaustible, pollution-free, and
can make the U.S. energy independent. Harry Braun has worked as an
energy analyst for the past 20 years. He is Chairman and CEO of
Sustainable Partners, Inc.
Website: "http://www.phoenixproject.net/"
Website: "http://www.h2pac.org/"

02/13/02 - Wed/Thu
TBA

02/14/02 - Thu/Fri
TBA

02/15/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
AMC:
Sat - 16th at 8pm - Movie: Bram Stoker’s Dracula

***
THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL:
Thu - 14th at 8pm - Mysteries of the Sea
Thu - 14th at 9pm - Monsters of the Lake

***
ENCORE:
Thu - 14th at 8pm - Movie: The Sixth Sense

***
THE TRAVEL CHANNEL:
Tues - 12th at 10pm - America’s Most Haunted Places: New Orleans

***
THE LEARNING CHANNEL:
Tues - 12th at 9pm - Unmasked! Exposing the Secrets of Deception

***
TNT:
Tue - 12th at 10pm - Charmed: Charmed and Dangerous

***
UPN:
Tue - 12th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Older and Far away

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):
Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:
Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Tue - 12th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Beholder
Wed - 13th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Ripper
Wed - 13th at 9pm - Movie: Tales From The Crypt Presents Demon Knight
Thu - 14th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Stasis
Fri - 15th at 9pm - The Chronicle: Hot from the Oven
Mon - 18th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Gun

***
PAX:
Tue - 12th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Child of Wonder
Fri - 15th at 9pm - Encounters with the Unexplained: Death of John F.
Kennedy, Jr. / Animal ESP

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:
Fri - 15th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutankhamun
Fri - 15th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland
Sat - 16th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Sat - 16th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Bigfoot
Sun - 17th at 8pm - Truth or Scare: The Truth of Tutankhamun
Sun - 17th at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Ireland

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:
Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/