Welcome Guest!
 Haunted Places
 Feb 26, 2002 18:38 PST
THE HAUNTED PLACES REPORT

Founded by: Dennis William Hauck
Edited by: Rev. Ronald E. Beach
Email: Edi-@haunted-places.com
Website: http://www.Haunted-Places.com

editor.

02/26/02

___________

CONTENTS:
___________

* From the Editor
* Letters to the Editor
* Announcements
* Featured Article
* Book Review
* In the News
* Website of the Month
* Seeking Information
* True Experiences
* Upcoming Events
* Media Listings

_____________

FROM THE EDITOR
_____________

I wish to thank everyone that helped us by responding to our emails
during the recent updating of the group listings on our website
“Haunted-Places.com” . Although the website is still accessible, the
changes have not been published because our host is currently updating
equipment and software. As soon as this is finished we’ll have the
changes posted. This also has prevented us from updating the upcoming
events list however, this also will be changed as soon as possible.

_____________

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
_____________

We invite your letters to the editor. Tell us how you feel about things
in the newsletter or in the ghost hunting community. All letters must be
accompanied by an email address so other readers can respond to you.

_____________

ANNOUNCEMENTS
_____________

Are you staring a new paranormal investigation group? Is your group
looking for new members? Does your group have an upcoming event? Has
your group done any interesting investigations? Has your group or
members of it appeared on any TV or radio programs? Do you have any
ghostly related news from your local area? If the answer to any of these
questions is “Yes”, please let us know so we can publish the information
in upcoming issues.

***
Bob from the National Haunted Places Registry ( website:
http://nhpr.net/ ) would like to invite everyone to visit the site and
also download their free ghostly screensaver at :
"http://user1.7host.com/nhpr1//Setup.exe" . They will be offering a new
screensaver each month.

***
From Kelly Weaver at Weav-@aol.com"

(This is more info about her upcoming appearance on the Sally Jesse
Raphael show)

We filmed the segment here in Camp Hill, Pa. at the restaurant all day
Saturday, Feb 9th. How fun. The producer was hip/hop cool. He likes
ghosts and stuff. We all had dinner at the restaurant after shooting.
They taped the show in NY on Monday with studio guests that had been
regressed. (so it was them, us and I believe another paranormal story)
She is supposedly into the paranormal and they have more shows planned.
The producers called Monday and said our segment was awesome and that
Sally loved it! Should air in about 4-6 weeks. I'll keep you posted.

***
Also from Kelly, more news about the upcoming conference (see the
upcoming events section for details)

Guess what? They are going to do a Live at 5 on the local news Friday
night (April 19th in the lobby) before the welcome dinner at the hotel.
So people at the conference can get on TV. Also PAWEBCAST is interested
in doing a live remote the day of.

***
CONTEST!!!

When Kelly was first contacted about appearing on Sally’s show, she was
not sure what to wear ( you know how women are, any excuse to buy new
clothes!...LOL ). She did report to us that she ended up wearing a
pantsuit and Victorian necklace.
Let’s help her out for her next TV appearance. Send us your ideas for
the wildest outfit you can think of! Your suggestions can be sent to us
at: Edi-@haunted-places.com . We’ll forward your suggestions to Kelly
and let her pick a winner. The winner will than receive a copy of the
book “Electronic Projects from the Next Dimension - Paranormal
Experiments for Hobbyists”. A review of this book appears in this week’s
Book Review section. The cut off date for entries will be Tuesday, March
5 .
Oh, by the way, I can’t promise she’ll wear the winning outfit.

***
From Pat Fitzhugh at: pa-@nashville.com

The Bell Witch Web Site at "http://www.bellwitch.org" recently
underwent an update. There is lots of new information, pictures, and
sections on the updated site, including a FAQ section and message board.

***
Also from Pat Fitzhugh at: pa-@nashville.com

On January 7th, the Armand Press released the electronic version of
"Our Family Trouble," a manuscript dealing with the Bell Witch and
penned in 1846 by a member of the Bell family and eyewitness. The
manuscript first appeared publicly in a book written by Martin Ingram in
1894, and offers a chilling, first-hand account of the entity. The
Armand Press electronic reprint includes the manuscript, drawings, and a
foreword written by author/researcher Pat Fitzhugh. The electronic
reprint is available in Adobe PDF format ($4US) and may be downloaded
from "http://www.armandpress.com/new_releases.htm". A release-date for
the paperback version has not been set.

__________

FEATURED ARTICLE
__________

How to Attract Thrill Seekers!
Written by John Weaver at: jwea-@flightsystems.com
Feature writer for The Haunted Places Report

During the fall of 2000, Kelly was asked by MTV to investigate the Buck
Hill Inn where an episode of their "reality" show FEAR was in the
process of being filmed. We think we speak for most serious ghost
hunters when we mention our disillusionment with MTV's sensationalized
product; it turned out they cared neither about Kelly's
psychic/spiritual input regarding why it was haunted nor my own photo
and instrument evidence to support it - they only wanted us to find
places in the facility that would make people scream! (Our experience
with "FEAR" is detailed in an article we wrote for paraseek.com)
Recently, we were contacted by one of the investors involved in the
Buck Hill Inn property who asked that we add the following notice to our
paraseek.com article and the photos posted on our own web site -
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE BUCK HILL INN IS PRIVATE PROPERTY THAT IS
PATROLLED FREQUENTLY - TRESPASSERS ARE ARRESTED AND FACE A FINE OF $300.
Our position (and that of any responsible ghost hunter) has always been
that permission is fundamental in investigating any site, and our
response to the many individuals contacting us regarding our experience
during Kelly’s Fear appearance has always included a mention that it is
patrolled private property if they indicate they want to see it for
themselves.
Specifically, the person who asked that we add this warning to our
writings about the place claimed that recently "Police arrested 23
persons at the Inn and several cited your internet publication as the
source of their information". We are happy to comply with the investors’
request to post this notice, but stop short at their preferred request
to remove information about the Inn, citing something we have in America
called the First Amendment. Yet, it brings another issue to mind, which
I pointed out to the person complaining about our cyber-comments
encouraging trespassers: Any party who allows their property to be shown
on such sensationalized shows as “Fear” and “Scariest Places on Earth”
run the risk of attracting thrill seekers who are far from serious about
the paranormal. To assert that such people first heard about the place
on our websites is ludicrous! The owners were all too happy to lease the
deteriorating old Inn to MTV for their "Fear" episode, and I have also
read an article on the web about the property having been opened for a
paid-admission Halloween “Haunted House”. I think it's fair to assume
these 2 events brought more focus, both on a national and local level
than any information we have posted on the internet.

__________

BOOK REVIEW
__________

Electronic Projects from the Next Dimension
- Paranormal Experiments for Hobbyists -
Written by: Newton C. Braga
Published by: Newnes
ISBN: 0-7506-7305-2
Paperback - 259 pages - B/W illustrations

I know that the high cost of equipment has prevented many paranormal
investigators from taking a more scientific approach to their
investigations. Finally someone has written a book that takes a unique
approach to solving this problem...build the equipment yourself!!
Electronic Projects from the Next dimension will take you step by step
through how to build, test, and use your equipment. Among the many
projects in this book are a ghost finder, temperature change monitor,
polygraph, plus many, many more.
Each section in the book will teach you the technical skills needed to
build the projects plus how to use each project and analyze the results.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to take a more
serious, scientific approach to paranormal research.

___________

IN THE NEWS
___________

Submitted by Brandy Stark at: sfcf-@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Feature writer for The Haunted Places Report

Debunking Seeing Without Sight
Written by: Leon Jaroff
All copyrights acknowledged

Ashen-faced and weeping, ten-year-old Natalia Lulova sat dejectedly in
a Manhattan law office last week while her mother stroked her hair,
consoling her. Natalia, who with her family emigrated from Russia three
years ago and now lives in Brooklyn, had just failed to win a million
dollar prize offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation to anyone
who can demonstrate paranormal, supernatural or occult power. It was
still another of the seemingly endless setbacks to purveyors of the
paranormal. Natalia's claim, put forth by her lawyer, was that she could
both read and discern colors while blindfolded. How? By sheer mental
perception.
She had willingly submitted to the Million Dollar Challenge, a test
proposed by investigator James Randi and agreed to by her lawyer and by
her coach, Mark Komissarov, a Russian chemical engineer and expatriate
who now specializes in teaching pupils to develop what he considers to
be their innate paranormal powers.
While video cameras rolled, Natalia's mother covered her daughter's
eyes, first with black duct tape, and later with a black, sponge rubber
blindfold. During the nearly hour-long "warm-up" period that followed,
her coach, occasionally speaking to her in Russian, passed a series of
cards, each imprinted with a simple word, and sheets of colored paper in
front of her. Natalia strained, turning her head from side to side,
tilting it forward, grimacing, contorting her face, occasionally rubbing
her chin against one shoulder or the other, and calling out words and
colors. Finally, she pronounced herself ready.
How many of the ten words would she recognize, she was asked. "All
ten," she said confidently, and then proceeded to do so, as well as
correctly identifying the colors of paper sheets passed in front of her
face. As the blindfold was removed,
Natalia could not hide a triumphant smile. A miracle? Not so fast.
Now it was Randi's turn to test. He outfitted Natalia with a pair of
swimmer's goggles, the lenses blocked by sponge rubber and aluminum
foil, and asked Komissarov again to demonstrate his pupil's talents.
After another warm-up, and under close scrutiny by Randi, Natalia was
successful once more. Undaunted, Randi placed duct tape around the edges
of the blindfold, taking care to place an extra strip across the bridge
of Natalia's nose. "Please speak only in English," he admonished both
coach and pupil, "and Natalia, please do not rub or pull on your face"
(actions that Randi knew were intended to loosen the masking tape).
Suddenly, Natalia's powers vanished. Time and again, she flubbed her
identifications of words and colors. After more than an hour, her lawyer
conceded defeat.
Randi's explanation of Natalia's earlier success was simple. He had
noticed an unusual concavity in the bridge of her nose and discerned,
from the sideways turning of her head, that she was using her right eye
to look left or the left eye to look right through tiny, hairline gaps
between the blindfold and her distinctive nose. By placing duct tape
over the bridge, he had, so to speak, unmasked Natalia's (and
Komissarov's) deception.
For many years, as a master debunker of the paranormal, Randi had
offered $1,000 and then $10,000 to anyone who could, in a test agreed
upon by both Randi and the challenger, prove supernatural powers. But
five years ago, a wealthy Internet entrepreneur and admirer of Randi
called and said, in effect, "Ten thousand simply doesn't cut it these
days." He promptly dispatched a million dollars to Randi's foundation,
which purchased negotiable bonds and placed them in a special account
where they await the first successful challenger. It promises to be a
long wait.
Most of the challengers to date have been minor players in the world of
the paranormal: a nurse who practices therapeutic touch, assorted
dowsers, medical quacks and psychic readers. All have failed. But
despite Randi's specific challenge to several of the big guns, none has
risked being exposed.
Among those who have refused are Israeli psychic Uri Geller, French
chemist and mystical homeopathy buff Jacques Benveniste, "Crossing Over"
host John Edward and University
of Arizona scientist Gary Schwartz, who claims to have validated
Edward's claims that he hears from the dead. Noted psychic Sylvia
Browne, who months ago brashly promised on the Larry King show that she
would indeed take the Million Dollar Challenge, has since avoided
Randi's calls and has yet to be heard from.
What are they afraid of? Charlatans, fakirs, mystics, and dreamers
alike, they are all too aware that James Randi's meticulously-devised
tests can destroy their reputations, such as they are, and make fools of
them all.

___________

INVESTIGATIVE RESULTS
___________

Has your group recently completely an interesting or unusual
investigation. We’d love to hear about it! Tell us a little history
about the site, why it is considered haunted, and the results of your
investigation. Email your report to: Edi-@haunted-places.com . Be sure
to put Investigative Results in the subject line.

***
Burlington County Prison Museum::
By Dave Juliano ("mailto:shado-@theshadowlands.net")

The Burlington County Prison Museum is located in Mt Holly, NJ.
The prison was built in 1811 and was designed by the famous architect
Robert Mills (the designer of the Washington Monument). It is a large
rectangle building made of stone and iron that looks more like a castle
from the outside.
It was used continuously as a jail until 1966. Since then local legends
spoke of the ghosts that inhabited the building. One in particular was
the ghost of Joseph Clough, a convicted murderer who killed his mistress
with a leg from a table. He was held in the death row cell which
consisted of an eye hook in the floor which he was always chained and a
extremely small window. He was eventually hanged in the 1850's and other
guards and prisoners report hearing his moans and chains rattling from
that cell. The guards and inmates also reported seeing someone in the
empty cell as well as objects levitating in the cell.
In 1999 the county began a restoration project transforming the run
down building into a museum and returning it to it's original condition.
As the work progressed the construction working began reporting strange
events such as loud noises, voices and screams coming from various areas
of the building. They also reported having their tools disappear when
they turn their backs only to find the missing items in another room or
on another floor later on in the day. Eventually some workers were
leaving early so they would not be the last ones in the building.
The county officials decided to contact a local research ghost research
group, South Jersey Ghost Research, to see what they could verify the
claims of the workers and to put their minds at ease. I was on each SJGR
team that gone out to the museum and witnessed some of supernatural
events first hand.
On each investigation I set up a motion detector in the death row cell.
During each trip the motion detector was set off by an unseen force. We
were able to capture orbs on video and film simultaneously with the
motion detectors alarm going off. On the 2nd visit, I also obtained an
EVP seconds after the motion detector went off which was a man's voice
saying 'go out here'.
We did experience objects moving as well, as did 3 reporters from the
New York Times that were there with us. A stretcher that was located in
the cell next to the death row cell relocated itself and it was actually
the reporters who noticed it first.
Other members of the SJGR observed a apparition in one part of the
building and found a single barefoot print on a dust covered floor of
what was once the prison showers. The teams also obtained numerous
photos, video clips and EMF readings. You can view some of the photos
and other evidence on the SJGR website: "http://www.sjgr.org"

_____________

WEBSITE OF THE MONTH
_____________

After many months we are finally bringing back our Haunted Places
Website of the Month Award! Do you have a favorite ghostly website that
you think should win our award? If so please email the URL and your
reason that you think the site should win an award to:
Edi-@haunted-places.com

***
We are currently seeking nominations for the March Website of the month.
Send your suggestions!!!!

_____________

SEEKING INFORMATION
___________

email the senders.

***
From Stephanie at: suzm-@lineone.net

I have a great interest in haunted inns and ghosts. My parents-to-be
(they weren't married at the time) went to an Inn at Chipping Sodbury.
(Unfortunately, they can't remember the name of the Inn) with my mum's
sister and her boyfriend in 1977/8. My mum claimed something came into
her and her sister's room in the middle of the night.
They told me it could have been the owner, but I believe it could be
more than that. I believe this simply because they said they locked the
door from the inside but during the night, the door opened, a figure
walked in, looked around and then left, and they were told it was
haunted.
I'm very curious to find out more but my sources are limited. Do you
think you could help me in any way? I'm exceedingly intrigued to find
out more! I would appreciate it if you could contact me soon with some
information.

***
From kbss-@earthlink.net

I am wondering if you can tell me where I can get information on
building my own psychic ability or speak w/someone about it? (Which is
what I would really like to be able to do, speak with someone that is.)
Or take some sort of test(s)? I have always felt that I am 'open' to
intuition, psychic phenomenon, but for some reason I am feeling as if I
need to try and develop it more. Perhaps I am not explaining this very
well. But, if you could possibly make some suggestions I would be very
grateful.
Thank you!

***
From: "Erin at: ESmit-@earthlink.net

I was wondering if you could help me find the location of Harry
Houdini's California house. I was told by a friend that there are
underground tunnels that run throughout the area. Is this true? Do you
know anything about the HH house?

***
From: Gretchen at: sneez-@aol.com

I am very interested in ghosts and ghost hunting and would love to
learn more!! I would like to know if anyone knows of any groups and/or
classes in the Chicagoland area.

___________

TRUE EXPERIENCES
___________

From Cathy at: catherin-@hotmail.com

There is a place in Colonie New York (suburb of Albany) called the
South Shaker farm. It has several original homes that were occupied by
the "shakers" which I am sure you are aware was a religious sect. On the
very edge of that property on South Family drive sits a house all by
itself. I lived in that house for a little over two year with my then
husband and our infant son.
When we first moved in I spent many evenings at home alone with our
son. I am extremely independent, and no one would call me
cowardly....however, for several months my husband called me crazy and
said I was hearing things, that did not last for long. It started out
with voices. So many of them, it was hard to decide what exactly was
being said. The voices came from the second story of the house, which we
only used for storage as there was no electricity or heat on that level.
Night after night I would hear people talking through the air vents on
the floor. One night I even opened the door from our bedroom that lead
into the hall, then I could hear them even louder. During the day if I
had to go upstairs to get something out of storage, I would call up the
stairs "Hey guys, it's just me. I only need to get something and I
promise I won't bother any of you."
There was, however, one room in that house that I have only gone into
twice, and I will never go into it again, ever. The others who were
there were friendly...well, at least they did not bother me other than
not being able to sleep because of all their talking. Whatever was in
that room was too frightening for me to even think. For two solid years
the voices were a daily occurrence, soon my husband could hear them too.
The first night was really funny, he thought for sure snowmobilers had
gotten into our home and he was going to chase them out, only to find no
one, yet the voices continued and there was not a house within one
quarter mile of us. Summer came and we had a huge BBQ and invited many
friends. It was broad day light and my friend Andy said,"Hey, who is the
strange looking dude in your attic window?" At that he pointed, we all
looked up to see a bearded man wearing a white shirt, black coat, and a
top hat standing clear as day in my attic window with the curtains
parted just watching us....my husband and Andy, along with several other
friends ran into the house...five or six by the back door, five or six
by the front door to "capture" whoever was trespassing in our
house...needless to say, when they reached the attic, they found no one,
yet a good 40 people had seen him and no one had anything to drink so we
knew we were completely sober. There is also another house on the
property that many tenants had seen a woman walking the halls late at
night in the Bell House . My father in law has seen her, as he and his
wife lived in the bell house for years and most had seen her from one
time to another.
Funny thing, I ended up leaving my husband because he became extremely
violent the last year I was in that house and I fled for my life. A
friend came to help me move things out...this friend had never been told
about the room upstairs, so I figured I would just send him into get my
things...I told him what room to get my belongings out of...he walked up
the stairs, into the room, then ran, at the speed of light, down the
stairs, past me, out the door and screamed," Don’t ever ask me to help
you with anything in this house again, Do you understand me ,never, I am
never coming back into this house, you will have to get someone else to
help you move, I am sorry". Needless to say, he never went into the
house again, too afraid, so I guess that room bothered someone else
also. I know that ghosts do exist. Lord knows this is not the last time
I have seen them. I am sure some are light waves or shadows, but I am
telling you some look as real as you or me.
Several years ago I started dating a man from Troy NY. He lived in an
apartment complex in a one bedroom. I was sitting at his computer one
night while he was at work. I heard a noise and I looked up to see a
young man wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, and sneakers smiling at me. He
walked past me, turned, stood in the doorway of my boyfriend’s bedroom,
turned, smiled again then disappeared. My boyfriend's brother lived only
a few buildings away. I called him over. then I called my boyfriend. I
was not afraid, I was however, astonished. When I started to speak to
both of them, they laughed and said" Oh, you've seen him now too?" My
boyfriend, who is now my husband, said he had seen him many times and
gave him the name " Dave"."Dave" was seen several other times over the
years.   We have switched apartments now and have not seen "Dave" nor
have we told the young woman who now lives there about him. We did not
want to scare her after all, he may not show himself to her. She and I
talk all the time, so if he does, I am sure I will hear about it as we
now live right across the hall from our old apartment. I believe that
some people are more susceptible to seeing ghosts. We are all just
normal hard working people, we are not fanatics, just ordinary folks.
For obvious reasons you don't tell just anyone about such encounters,
don't want them to think you are crazy. Well, that is my history with
the paranormal.

___________

UPCOMING EVENTS
___________

For complete details of all events listed in this section please visit:
http://www.haunted-places.com/tours.htm

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signing by author Jim
Graczyk:

BORDERS BOOKS - February 27 - Highland, Indiana - 7:30 PM

***
MARCH 2002:

South Jersey Ghost Research will be conducting the following lecture.
For more information visit their website at: http://www.sjgr.org/

Mar. 8th at - 7:30pm - Free lecture with photo displays, EVPs and video.

Wenonah Historical Society
Call Vicki McCall at 856-589-2774 for info

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
March 9th
$35.00 per person.
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Weir
by Conor McPherson

Runs Friday through Sunday, to March 10, 2002
at Ensemble Theatre - Cleveland, Ohio (3130 Mayfield Rd., in the west
wing The Civic East of the corner of Lee and Mayfield)
Preview: $13, Fridays & Saturdays $17, Sundays $15 ($2 off for
Students/Seniors)
Phone: (216) 321-2930, email: ensembl-@aol.com"

In a small rural bar in part of present-day Ireland, local men swap
spooky stories to impress a young woman from Dublin who has recently
moved into the local "haunted house". The tables are soon turned when
she spins a mesmerizing yarn of her own.

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Jim
Graczyk:
BORDERS BOOKS - March 13 - Oak Brook, Illinois - 7:30 PM

***
Whitechapel Press announces the following book signings by author Dale
Kaczmarek
BORDERS BOOKS - March 9 - Orland Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 16 - Oak Park, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 23 - Oakbrook, Illinois - 2:00 PM
BORDERS BOOKS - March 30 - Highland, Indiana - 2:00 PM

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
March 23rd - First ghost hunt for 2002.
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
APRIL 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
April 12th - 100 tickets available - This is the first time ever that
this event is open to the public!
April 26th - 100 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
April 12th
April 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
April UFO, Bigfoot and Ghost Conference
The first annual Pennsylvania Paranormal Conference will be held April
13, 2002. It is the first of its kind in Pennsylvania and will feature
lectures on UFO's and Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania as well as
ghosts. This one day event is $85.00 per person plus tax and includes
admission to the conference, lunch and a walking ghost tour.
Investigation of a haunted site for the first 25 people who register.
Seating is limited to 70 people and reservations are required by calling
the Railroad House at (717) 426-4141. Registration begins at 8:15 AM
Saturday, April 13 and conference begins at 9:00 AM. This event will be
held at the Historic Railroad House Restaurant Bed & Breakfast in
Marietta, Pennsylvania.
Located on the corners of Front & Perry Streets. Guest speakers include
Stan Gordon, Eric Altman, Rick Fisher and Karl Silvius. Other speakers
to be announced. For more information contact Rick Fisher or go the PGHS
website at "http://home.supernet.com/~rfisher/para.html"

***
Southwestern Paranormal Ghost Conference
April 13th and 14th in beautiful sunny Yuma, Arizona
The Yuma Spirit Hunters in cooperation with the MVD Ghostchasers of
Mesa, AZ. Proudly present the 1st Annual Southwestern Paranormal Ghost
Conference.
You may register online at any of these web sites:
www.yumaspirithunters.com
www.spirithunter.faithweb.com
www.mvdghostchasers.iwarp.com

***
Independent Ghost Hunters Conference
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
April 20
Hosted by Psychic/Medium and Ghosthunter Kelly L. Weaver, Founder of
Capital Ghost Forum
Contact is Kelly Weaver at: Weav-@aol.com

***
MAY 2002:

Gettysburg Ghost Conference–Voices from the Past: The Art of EVP
May 4th & 5th, 2002
Hosted by the International Ghost Hunters Society (Website:
www.ghostweb.com )

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 11th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
May 17th
May 31st
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
May 24th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com
***
Ghost Safari's 2002 Conference,
"Evidence and Enigmas" will convene May 25th all day and into the
evening at the Holiday Inn in Broken Arrow, OK. Ghost hunters,
researchers and paranormal enthusiasts are invited to attend this
informal but jam-packed conference. Featured will be some of the best
ghost investigators in the country presenting the current state of their
research along with photographic, video and audio evidence. The cost is
$30 and includes continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and exciting
door prizes including a Trifield Natural EM Meter, Vivitar 3-D camera,
Gauss Master meters and several other prizes. Attendees will be
encouraged to present their own evidence at several open "Show and Tell"
sessions so bring those photos, videotapes and EVP samples! We'll have
all the state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a bang-up sound
system! The conference will also include vendor and information tables
all in a huge conference room. Email rich-@ghostsafari.com and visit
www.ghostsafari.com for more information and to register on line.

***
JUNE 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 14th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
June 14th
June 28th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
American Ghost Society 2002 Haunted America National Conference
June 20 - 23, 2002
Hosted by Troy & Amy Taylor (American Ghost Society Founders)
at the History & Hauntings Book Co. Building
515 East Third Street - Haunted Alton, Illinois
Detailed information is available at: "http://www.prairieghosts.com".

***
On June 23-26, 2002, The Academy of Religion and Psychical Research
will sponsor its 27th annual conference on "MEDIUMSHIP: A DOORWAY TO
OTHER DIMENSIONS OF EXISTENCE" at Rosemont College, Rosemont,
Pennsylvania (11 miles west of Philadelphia).
For details of the program and to register, go to the ARPR Web site -
"http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/" - e-mail bat-@infi.net, phone
860-242-4593, or write to ARPR, P.O. Box 614, Bloomfield, CT 06002-0614.

For your information, the ARPR Web site has over 225 links separated
into 24 different categories such as Ghosts/Haunted Places, Near-Death
Experiences, Out-of-Body Experiences, Parapsychology, etc.

***
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
June 29th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
JULY 2002:

West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
July 12th - 130 tickets available.
July 26th - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
July 12th
July 26th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
AUGUST 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
August 2nd
August 16th
August 30th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
August 9th - 130 tickets available.
August 23rd - 130 tickets available.
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
SEPTEMBER 2002:

The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
September 6th
September 14th
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

***
West Virginia State Penitentiary Ghost Hunt
Moundsville, West Virginia
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
September 20th - 130 tickets available - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Tickets NOT on sale yet!
Open to the public.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
OCTOBER 2002:
Campout / Ghost Hunt in the ghost town of Sprucevale.
Near East Liverpool, Ohio
Hosted by M.A.J.D.A. Paranormal Investigators ( Website:
http://www.majda.net/ )
October 19th - Date subject to change due to the weather.
Free
Open to members only.
For more info contact John or Lisa at: MAJD-@aol.com

***
NOVEMBER 2002:
The Ohio State Reformatory Ghost Hunt
Mansfield, Ohio
November 9th
November 23rd - Last ghost hunt for 2002!
$50.00 per person.
Open to the public.
For more info visit: http://www.mrps.org/ghost/index.html

___________

MEDIA LISTINGS
___________

   The media listing mainly cover the 8pm to 10pm time slots. Most
listed times are Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local listings
for the correct viewing times in your area.

***
ART BELL ( Website: http://www.artbell.com/index.html ):

02/26/02 - Tue/Wed
Guest: Dr. Kent Hovind
Dr. Hovind is considered by many to be one of the foremost authorities
on "Science and the Bible". He is dedicated to the proclamation of
scientific evidence supporting the biblical record of creation and the
history of the world.
Website: "http://www.drdino.com"

02/27/02 - Wed/Thu
Guest: William Thomas
Will Thomas is an independent journalist, author, and videographer. He
reported for the Environmental News Service while serving as a member of
a three-man Gulf environmental emergency response team during and
immediately following the Gulf War. His thirty-minute Gulf War
documentary, "Eco War" won the 1991 US Environmental Film Festival award
for the best documentary short.
Website: "http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/Willthomas/homepage.html"

02/28/02 - Thu/Fri
Guest: Michael Horn
For more than 25 years, expert researchers, scientists and journalists
worldwide, have reviewed the Billy Meier case. Their conclusions are all
the same: Billy Meier is having contacts with extraterrestrials. Michael
will be lecturing at the International UFO Conference in Laughlin on
March 8, and at MUFON in Los Angeles on April 17, on the new scientific
coroboration for the Billy Meier UFO case.
Website: "http://www.andyettheyfly.com/"
Website: "http://www.tjresearch.info/ufology.htm"
Website: "Http://www.billymeier.com/"
Website: "Http://www.sitandgetfit.com/"

03/01/02 - Fri/Sat
OPEN LINES

***
TNT:

Tue - 26th at 10pm - Charmed

***
UPN:

Tue - 26th at 8pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer: As You Were

***
NOGG (Children’s Programming ):

Sun thru Sat at 8pm - Ghostwriter

***
SCIFI:

Sunday thru Thursday at 11 and 11:30pm - Crossing Over With John Edwards
Tue - 26th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Summit
Wed - 27th at 8pm - Outer Limits: Joy Ride
Thu - 28th at 8pm - Outer Limits: The Grill
Fri - 1st at 8pm - Strange World: Spirit Falls
Fri - 1st at 9pm - The Chronicle: The Mists of Avalon Parkway
Mon - 4th at 8pm - Outer Limits

***
PAX:

Tue - 26th at 8pm - Mysterious Ways: Logan Miller

***
DISCOVERY KIDS:

Fri - 1st at 8pm - Truth or Scare: America’s Haunted Houses
Fri - 1st at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland
Sat - 2nd at 8pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of England
Sat - 2nd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Night Vistors
Sun - 3rd at 8pm - Truth or Scare: America’s Haunted Houses
Sun - 3rd at 8:30pm - Truth or Scare: Castle Ghosts of Scotland

***
INTERNET RADIO PROGRAMS:

Jeff Rense: Listen at : http://www.sightings.com/
Mon. - Fri. at 7pm to 10 pm Pacific time
Sat. at 9pm to 3am Pacific time
Sun. at 8pm to 11pm Pacific time

***
http://www.pawebcast.cc/